Hell on Earth [UN]

Started by SleepyWei, June 06, 2009, 04:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyWei

Hell on Earth [UN]

There will be no [NC] in this thread and no BDSM. This thread will have minimal, if none at all, forms of sexual intercourse. I made this idea strictly for adventerous RPing.

(For the record, I know this will seem like Hellgate: London for all those that played it but I personally never tried it. However, the idea itself is very intriguing and I would like to expand on it.)

The Knights Templar, a mysterious order of priestly knights that rose to prominence during the great Crusades. It was a powerful organization, one that had the potential to rival even the Pope's absolute rule and fearing this, the Catholic church began its genocide of the knightly order. For years afterwards, templars were captured, branded as heretics, and executed. With this, the Pope and his order of Cardinals felt more at ease now that their rule had solidified.

But they made a terrible mistake.

The Knights Templar were not just a large group of wealthy paladins, but a devout union that protected the ancient world from the dark shadows of fire and brimstone. Without their constant vigilance to protect them, the people of the world fell in peril.

And then, after nearly a thousand years, the firey shadows began its invasion.

A large rift of burning flames, later on known as the Hellgate, suddenly appeared over the nation of France. From it, millions of demonic entities spewed out, massacring the unprepared humans. This attack later branched out and in a few short months, the entire world fell to its knees. Absolute victory for the Shadow was almost assured.

But it did not expect resistance to appear.

The Knights Templar resurfaced, with hundreds of knights banding together once again. They used a combination of technology and holy relics against the demons, holding the island country of Britain. Yet even the resurfacing of the order and their weapons proved futile as legions upon legions took its toll on their numbers. Finally, in a last bid to keep Britain safe, a final convey, with the one hundred elites, assaulted the Hellgate itself.

Every single one of those templars died but their sacrifice left France buried under a pile of demonic corpses. Their assault even partially crippled the Hellgate itself, shrinking the flaming rift until only a few could come out at a time whereas before, hundreds came out every minute. With this attack, the templars bought Britain the time it needed and now, a whole decade later, the island nation and its new order of knights prepares for its counterattack.

The story follows Edmund Cardemonde, a French refugee-turned-templar, as he leads his group of knights into his former homeland.

(Would like an even group of lords and ladies, perhaps two more lords and three ladies. Hope someone's interested o_o)

The Greater Cause

Pumpkin Seeds

I'll play if you'll have me.

Indigo

Most sweet pic,  I had to say.  I love 'tech/magic' fusion concepts.  I like the premise for this story as well...count me intrigued enough to participate if it comes into fruition.

SleepyWei

Hmm alright that's four including me. We have enough but I'll wait to see if another guy and girl will join. If not then I'll send you guys the PMs with the url for the thread and all that.

Pumpkin Seeds

Anything emerging regarding this idea?

SleepyWei

Heh I'm writing the introduction and everything but that takes a while. When I posted it I'll send you guys the PM.

Indigo

Still interested here..

If I 'might' say...perhaps an expansion on the plot will help to gain interest?  I know that obviously, that is probably what you are working on already.   

SleepyWei

I'm a bit busy these days so it's coming by a bit slow. Sorry for that everyone.