A question about device charging cables

Started by Esoterica, June 22, 2020, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoterica

I want to get a good charging port for the devices that I have for my family. (We got something like 8 devices all together.) Anyway I want to know any advice about a good one. Is there a point where a charging station becaomes dangerous. I saw a 60 port one and I was like, really? That does not seem safe.

What about a 10 port station? I saw some of those and it seems that would take care of my needs, but is that still too much for a charging port? I don't want to take a chance of having a fire or something.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Lilias

We have an 8-port one which seems stable enough, but it hardly ever has more than two devices plugged in at once. Have a look here and see if any of these are what you need: https://www.imore.com/best-charging-stations
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

Check out the watt and amperage ratings, preferably by port. Most of your devices probably charge at 15 watts, so ideally you want something that can supply 15 watts for at least four ports. A 120 watt station would probably be ideal for you.

Esoterica

Thanks both of you. I got something that will suit my needs after looking at what you both had to say. :)
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"