Share Your Pet Stories Here!

Started by Mirrah, November 15, 2018, 01:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrah

You've got them. Let's share them!

Any and all pet-scapades are welcome, just make sure to keep your posts content PG-13, safe for work, as well as within the site rules.

Note: This is not a roleplay or fictional storytelling thread. If you'd like to post those somewhere, the Non-Adult Storytelling & Non-Adult Roleplaying boards are available, as well as their Adult counterparts.

Thank you!
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Snowflakes in the Wind

So, last night I fell asleep in the middle of my bed last night. Unfortunately, my cat is a bed hog. She only weighs about nine pounds, but somehow she pushed me to the edge of my bed and I fell off. When I got up to look, the cat was stretched out across the bed and purring. This is not the first time she's stolen most of the bed, but it was the first time she pushed me all the way off. Perhaps this is my sign that I need to get a bigger bed.

Mirrah

Thank you for sharing your story, Snowflakes in the Wind! I'm over here giggling. Your cat sounds like she has character--and super-feline strength! Cats really are amazing.

Speaking of cats, I had roomies several years back who had 4 cats. During the cats' first Christmas, all the decorations and lights was like catnip supreme for them--they loved all of it! Chewing on the (real) tree's needles, swinging their paws at the ornaments and stealing them off of the tree, swiping our Christmas dinner off our plates... >.>

I remember one night, falling asleep on the couch and the lights were all off, including the ones on the tree. I wake up to the sound of scurrying and scuffling. Using my phone, I point the light in the direction the noise is coming from, and there's a cat on the mantle, her eyes round as marbles reflecting the light, her paw outstretched, frozen in the act of pulling a shiny ornament towards her.

I quietly shut off the light on my phone and went back to sleep. I still laugh about it to this day. XD
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Akkas

That cat sounds very funny, Mirrah. Just imagining what that must've looked like makes me smile.

My story is also about a too-small bed. In fact, I think there is no bed in the world big enough... My two dogs always claim most of the space. I recently got a double bed and I'm lucky to have a quarter of it. One dog always lays in the middle and doesn't move. The other dog starts at my feet and moves up whenever she gets the chance. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and try to (carefully) push her away with my feet... but then I push her down along with my blanket. At least my bed's against a wall so I won't have to worry about getting pushed out.

Oniya

My cat likes to sleep on my feet as well.  When I get into bed, she first comes up next to me for scritches, but shortly after that stops, she goes back to the foot of the bed.  I will then feel her testing the blankets until she finds my feet, and plops down on them.  If I happen to move them during the night, she will find them again.

I have been squeezed out of my sleeping bag (it's winter, and the house is cold!) like toothpaste from a tube because of a modest-sized cat.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17