Quote Chain

Started by SyntheticSpyder, July 21, 2018, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SyntheticSpyder

A lot like Song Titles - Borrow a Word

• The goal is to list a quote (could be historical, pop culture, song lyric, anything so long as you cite a reference) with a particular word from a previous post.
  • Ideally, the idea is that the first word of your quote matches the last word of the previous quote, but since this is a forum and not done in person, I see no reason why we can't be more flexible if you get stuck or want to be particularly mean.
  • How about we bold the word borrowed from the previous quote and underline the word you want the next person to use.
  • If more than one person accidentally chain off of the same quote, you can pick either of their underlined words (or be extra awesome and see if you can include all of them!)

So, it'd go something like this:

• "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." ~Oscar Wilde
  • "Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another." ~Ambrose Bierce
  • "Another one bites the dust." ~Queen
  • "All we are is dust in the wind." ~Kansas
  • "I am a leaf on the wind; watch how -" ~Hoban Washburne (too soon, I know)

Not playing any characters, yet...wanna help me change that?

SyntheticSpyder

Let's start with...
"Don't quote me, boy..." ~Eazy E

Not playing any characters, yet...wanna help me change that?

Luryd

"Boy." ~ God of war, Kratos
• Hyperspecfic fixation  • Open-minded
• Digital Artist  • Sona|OC shipper 
• Romance lover • Fated pair type
∆Venturing into unknow written lands∆

Hob

"It does not behoove God-fearing persons to speak with disrespect of the divinely appointed Prince of Darkness."

~ James Branch Cabell, Jurgen

solkar

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

~ Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

https://authorjulieglover.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/epson003.jpg

Solaire

"Blind pursuit of power is a meaningless vice." ~ Amarant, FFIX

Hob

“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”  ~  Oscar Wilde

Sardonyx

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

Synth

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure."  Mark Twain (Probably)

LaVnde

Quote from: Sardonyx on September 14, 2018, 02:50:34 PM
“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Muse -  Trying to come out of her slumber.
Plot | O/O | PC's

XiroSevyn

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke