Lil Changes on E? [css fixed - related]

Started by Izu, April 29, 2010, 01:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

I'm posting this because of Veks's post about the CSS being fixed, I'd post there, but the commoners can't post in the forum. So~ This thread is for anyone who noticed things that weren't fixed. :]
[sorry if you've already noticed those things, Veks, and you are working on them, don't wanna bug you]

I noticed two things:
1. The posting box is in the middle and is less wide than before. I personally thought that the wide posting box was quite good because it was with the width of the posts beneath it, so one could make sure that they are replying with an equal length.
2. The News box is... I dunno... standing out in an ugly rectangular? Not sure if this was meant to be so or it's still 'in the fixing'...

^^;

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Chevalier des Poissons

I liked all the changes, although my eyes aren't used to the different post box yet. However, I'd like to point that the new layout for the bars "Show new posts" and "show unread replies" is weird. It is perfect to avoid misclicking, but still, I don't know.

I don't mean to be cranky of course but....Hey you!! Get out of my lawn!!
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Caeli

Quote from: Chevalier des Poissons on April 29, 2010, 04:47:36 PM
I liked all the changes, although my eyes aren't used to the different post box yet. However, I'd like to point that the new layout for the bars "Show new posts" and "show unread replies" is weird. It is perfect to avoid misclicking, but still, I don't know.

I would like if they were closer together. On the same side of the page, perhaps?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Caeli on April 29, 2010, 04:52:40 PM
I would like if they were closer together. On the same side of the page, perhaps?

Indeed. Maybe both on the left side, with the new replies option being below the unread one, or both on the right side. However, being on the left would be better to arrange the options we have between the SB and the forums menu (Home, help, search, etecetera)

A & A

Vekseid

Quote from: Caeli on April 29, 2010, 04:52:40 PM

That's how it originally was and I got whined at :-p

Caeli

Okay. I think the current setup is ugly, mostly because they're not on the same horizontal line. :P One of them is lower than the other, thanks to the search bar.

But it's not that big of a deal; I don't use either link. I just don't think it looks as nice/even as if they were together, to balance out the search bar / news heading on the right side.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Oreo

Just my two cents. I think it would look better balanced thus:

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

MagicalPen

I've just noticed the new location of the 'Show new Replies to your Posts' link, and quite dislike it. It just seems to be...floating out there in the middle. I quite like Oreos above-posted idea (you could probably even create 2 lines of news) or suggest that the line be moved under the the 'Show unread posts since last visit'.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Caeli

Quote from: Oreo on April 30, 2010, 12:51:31 AM
Just my two cents. I think it would look better balanced thus:

The only reason I don't like this setup is that aesthetically, it makes the page look lopsided by putting more "stuff" on the right side. I agree that the search links should be grouped together to balance out the search bar, but I wish there was a better spot to put the news items.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Izu

Quote from: Eeyore on May 06, 2010, 07:57:29 AM
I've just noticed the new location of the 'Show new Replies to your Posts' link, and quite dislike it. It just seems to be...floating out there in the middle. I quite like Oreos above-posted idea (you could probably even create 2 lines of news) or suggest that the line be moved under the the 'Show unread posts since last visit'.

x2

I think that where those links are currently would be more suitable for the News feed, and where the news are situated right now should be those two links one under the other... At least I think so.

Vekseid

I wonder if anyone is ever going to take me up on this topic >_>

Izu

>w<  I will in the summer... but my summer break starts in July... :x

Caeli

Quote from: Vekseid on May 06, 2010, 11:19:58 AM

When I find a job, I'll let you know. >_>

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Vekseid on May 06, 2010, 11:19:58 AM

I am already on it. As soon as I finish what I am currently working on I will go pro and call some friends from the marketing.

E will have a logo made by one of the best brazilian marketeers.

A & A

Oreo

Another possibility is to add them as links next to the bookmarks, etc.  Perhaps moving the Logout under the search bar? :P I'm not clever enough to change the font to make it look pretty in the picture.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin