One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Closing his hand, he extinguished the fireball and looked at Shie.

"I didn't get this by the Gods unfortunately, its part of what came with the promise the Demon Lord made when I beat him, he was humiliated at losing to the hands of a human, so he burned my soul with fire and now I can command it and shape it in anyway I like, but he also warned me to sleep with one eye open because when the time is fitting for him, he is going to come back for me and fight me again, by unleashing a dragon"

He looked at the shocked expression that spread across Shies face.

"I'm going to have to fight, but I cannot stay here, you have brought peace to the village and I am only bringing more trouble for you, I need to prepare, there is plenty of time yet, but I need to leave for a while, I cannot let a demon bring a dragon into the village, it would destroy everything you have built here"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

"A dragon?" She glanced out the window, seeing the peaceful river flowing. "Perhaps it would be best... But we've just gotten you back. If you leave again..."

She didn't want to admit how that made her heart feel. Instead, she cleared her throat and turned back toward her desk. "We'll figure out something."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shook his head

"You have already done enough for me since I first came here, I won't let this place get torn apart by a dragon or more demons, I can stay, but I have one request, you let me build a house close to the river so that I am still far enough away from the village that it will not be bothered by my problems, I brought this on myself, I can be the village black smith still, but I cannot live within the village"

He walked up behind Shie and placed his hands on her shoulders gently.

"You are a great leader and I won't see that wrecked because of my ability to throw myself into danger, I will not let anyone die because of me"

Sophidian

Shie thought it over before giving a nod. "Alright," she said, holding her hands out. "By the river. But if anything is to happen, you at least tell us. If you see anything different. Anything at all..."

She paused for a few moments, putting her hands on her hips. "Do I have permission to visit?"

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded

"You can visit anytime you like, no matter what time it is, I promise I will report anything out of the ordinary, I will feel it when they are coming, so I can warn you well in advance"

He sat down and rubbed his eyes. He was very tired but had a lot of work to do so he could not rest just yet.

"I think I should get to the black smithery so I can get some work in before nightfall, if that is ok with you?"

Sophidian

"If you'd like." She let her hands fall from her hips. "Though, I'm sure a bit of rest would do you better. No one is in immediate need of weaponry. It can wait..."

She moved to her door, opening it only partway. "You're free to rest here."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

The prospect of sleep was a compelling thought to Lièrén and he nodded.

"Thank you, I think I will rest for a little while and then I will be right down, thank you Shie"

He followed her out of the office and then bowed to her, then he headed to his room and was soon in bed and sleeping. However, as soon as his eyes closed, he wasn't having a normal dream, he was back in the demon world, looking at the demon lord he had defeated, he tried to back out of the dream and away from the demon but he couldn't, he was transfixed.

"What do you want" He said to the demon lord

"Your soul human, I will have it soon enough, the time is fast approaching and there is nothing you can do about it"

The demon laughed and then turned his back on Lièrén.

Back in the human world, Lièrén woke up drenched in sweat, he couldn't have been asleep for more than a few seconds.

"Oh god what have I done"

Sophidian

Shie, having closed up for the night, orders around the last of the men before motioning for them to go upstairs. "It's fine. We're done. Take your rest." She took the rag from her apron and began to wet down the bar. The new servers were sloppy, almost worse than her patrons.

Cleaned in only a few moments, she started up the stairs. Halfway up, she heard the demonic laughter start from the ground and work its way up the walls. The paper shook in its frame, rattling the entire foundation as she stood there, frozen. Where was it coming from? What could it mean?

She dropped her hands to her sides, knowing she was defenseless now.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was breathing heavily, how much time did he have left before he had to fight a fully gornw dragon and the demon lord, he didn't know, what he did know was that he couldn't sleep again until the threat was gone.

Rising from his bed and getting dressed in a sleeveless robe and then he walked out into the hallway where he saw Shie just stood there looking lost.

"Shie, whats wrong? Has something happened?"

Sophidian

The voice shattered her trance, and the laughter. It was like a thousand tiny pieces rained down around her, the fake illusion of her house falling to the ground. She blinked, twice than thrice, and looked up at him. "Huh? I..." She glanced around. "How long have I been standing there?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shook his head

"I aren't sure, I just walked out of my room to see you standing there, looking into nothing, whats wrong?"

The look on her face told him that something had happened and that it wasn't something good either.

Sophidian

Shie paused a moment before shaking her head. "Dreaming while standing, I suppose. My legs ache so I imagine it's been a fair amount of time." She finished her trek up the stairs. "I should get to sleep."

Standing before him, she tilted her head. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded

"Yeah, it has been a long day for you I imagine, you should get some sleep"

He considered how much he should tell her, in the end he just settled for

"I had a bad dream which woke me up and now I don't feel like sleeping, I was going to go out and get some fresh air"

Sophidian

She nodded, understanding, before offering her hand. "I'll come with you. I don't think I could get much sleep at the moment anyway. I'm usually up counting intake."

She lead them out the door and into the cold night air, sighing in happiness. "I love this season."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén walked with Shie, he listened to her and nodded in agreement.

"It is indeed wonderful"

He took in a deep breath and exhaled, he felt calmer around Shie, his troubles disappeared.

"It really is good to be back here"

He clicked his fingers and a fireball appeared in his hand once again.

"You know, I always wondered how to gain magical powers of my own, when I saw you in action with yours, when my soul was seared with demon fire, I thought I was going to die, but now I command the same kind of power they do, although I cannot cross between worlds like they can and I am a human so I do not destroy needlessly like they do"

He threw the fireball into the air and made it explode in a shower of sparks which drifted down and expired.

"The reason I am awake is because the demon lord showed up in what should have been a dream, but it was more of a vision, bordering across the two worlds, he spoke to me, I don't have much time left to prepare, I cannot sleep now because I do not want to see him again, I do not want him to tell me that time is up and that he is coming, I do not want to be the reason this village is destroyed"

He looked at Shie, tears in his eyes

"I am so sorry for all of the trouble I am bringing to you and your people, I promise I will save you all, no matter what, like with the demons before, I will stop them, even if I have to die to do so"

Sophidian

Shie grabbed his hand, feeling the warmth lingering from the fire. "Let me help this time. I can't stand the thought of being left behind again. I don't want to see you injured because of something I could help prevent."

She released his hand and held hers out. "I may not have that power, but I know the gods will grant it to me if the need is dire. And I think this is a very dire need..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and held her hand

"It is indeed a dire situation, your powers may come in useful, I don't know how I am going to fight a dragon. I know it must have been hard, watching that window close in the cave, not knowing whether I would return and for that I am sorry"

He sighed, thoughts of dragons and the village going up in flames going around in his mind, he would prevent this from coming true.

"If things get tough and I want you and the entire village to run, will you do that for me?"

Sophidian

"Run? I..." She hesitated for a long moment before nodding. "If you'll try to make your mind ease for a bit. How can I help you think of other things?"

She came to the river, looking down at its placid depths. It couldn't transform... It just couldn't.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"I will do my best, for you, thank you Shie"

He looked down at the river, knowing that any day now it could be a toweing inferno of a dragon he would be fighting, he pushed all thoughts of it out of his head and concentrated on other things instead.

Looking at Shie, he smiled.

"It's nice to be alone with you, it is peaceful and being around you calms me"

He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. He drew back, smiling lightly.

Sophidian

Shie blushed, turning her face toward the river again. "Well, then I'm glad I can help. Even this little bit."

She slowly sat down on the bank, stretching her feet out in the grass. "It's a nice night."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat down next to Shie and then laid right back, he was soon comfortable, looking up at the stars in the night sky, it was peaceful.

"Indeed it is a nice night, very peaceful"

He yawned and shuffled around on the ground a little, making himself more comfortable and before he knew it, he was having trouble keeping his eyes open.

"Night.....Shie"

He then closed his eyes and he was lost to the world for the rest of the night.

Sophidian

Shie watched him fall asleep, smiling as he found his peace. On her side, she curled against him and carefully laid her head on his shoulder and her arm on his chest. Yawning, she snuggled against him until she was comfortable and unable to keep her eyes open either.

The last thing she heard was the quiet ripples of the river being disturbed by the wind.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén woke up to find the sun beating down on him, he turned his head away from the light and smiled as he saw a sleeping Shie snuggled up against him.

He laid still, waiting for Shie to wake up in her own time, he laid back and closed his eyes, enjoying the peace of the morning and the fresh air in his lungs.

Sophidian

A short while later, when the birds began to sing, she stirred, nuzzling into his robe. The bright light warmed her, almost too much, as she yawned her way into being awake.

"We're outside, aren't we?" She rolled onto her back, head still supported by his arm. "I hope no one saw us."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled to her and opened his eyes to look at her.

"Yeah, sorry I fell asleep like that, I couldn't really hold it off for long, did you sleep well?"

He looked around, no one was anywhere in sight.

"Looks like no one did see us"

He laughed a little.