How about a Game of.....Thrones!? [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 23, 2011, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

So we are using existing houses but creating custom characters for them? Would this be set before or after Martin's books or just completely separate from them?

If they are completely original, does this mean we could make them completely against type? The Stark Patriarch being a scheming, untrustworthy sort and the Lannister house leader being an honorable man?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Primarch

Quote from: RedEve on June 24, 2011, 01:32:22 PM
So we are using existing houses but creating custom characters for them? Would this be set before or after Martin's books or just completely separate from them?

If they are completely original, does this mean we could make them completely against type? The Stark Patriarch being a scheming, untrustworthy sort and the Lannister house leader being an honorable man?

Its the existing houses with custom characters for them, yes. The timeline will be roughly where the series starts off, that being the death of the Hand of the King. However, unlike the series/book the King won't have a particular go to guy, instead we'll all scheme, plot & appeal for the position.

RedEve

Is there room for a whore who just sleeps with a bunch of them in this game? :D

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: RedEve on June 24, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

You wanna be a Lannister as well? :D Oh wait...they just keep it in the family!

Karlissa

I'd be interested, can I take the Baratheon heir? :)

Primarch

Quote from: RedEve on June 24, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

Well this is Game of Thrones, so why not!

QuoteI'd be interested, can I take the Baratheon heir? :)

You got it! Once we have a few more claims I'll get a character sheet up.

RedEve

So all of the action will take place in King's landing?

Primarch

Quote from: RedEve on June 24, 2011, 02:44:04 PM
So all of the action will take place in King's landing?

I think travelling times is something we can allow some.... flexibility on.

RedEve

Is there a CS for this? My character won't be related to any of the clans, she'll be a whore who caters to the upper class in King's Landing.

Karlissa

Quote from: Primarch on June 24, 2011, 02:23:51 PM
You got it! Once we have a few more claims I'll get a character sheet up.

I just realised that I'd totally forgotten the heir had to be male in this universe, so could you sign me up instead for one of the Baratheon children, a girl of about 18? Sorry for the mess up on my part!

TheHangedOne

My own Stark son will be a bit of a wild child, prone to just disappearing on misadventures with his ever faithful Dire Wolf companions. He might very well end up visiting your character, Red; multiple times. 
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RedEve

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 24, 2011, 03:24:51 PM
My own Stark son will be a bit of a wild child, prone to just disappearing on misadventures with his ever faithful Dire Wolf companions. He might very well end up visiting your character, Red; multiple times.

As long as he has enough gold on him, that won't be a problem. :D

Primarch

Quote from: RedEve on June 24, 2011, 03:16:11 PM
Is there a CS for this? My character won't be related to any of the clans, she'll be a whore who caters to the upper class in King's Landing.

There shall be in the next day or two.

QuoteI just realised that I'd totally forgotten the heir had to be male in this universe, so could you sign me up instead for one of the Baratheon children, a girl of about 18? Sorry for the mess up on my part!

You gots it.

mainsnoires

Hello there,
I'm posting my interest for this rp if there is still room for one more player.

Primarch

Quote from: mainsnoires on June 25, 2011, 08:38:21 AM
Hello there,
I'm posting my interest for this rp if there is still room for one more player.

There most certainly is, there's a list of desired roles to be filled in the starting page if you'd like to lay claim to one. A character sheet shall be provided once we've got a few offers.

Zealously Jaded

Hey, just a quick note. I will be slightly out of communication until Tuesday...I'm off to London for an interview and not sure if the hotel has wifi...hopefully it does if not, I do still want to play. :)

TheHangedOne

I think I'll be the House Greyjoy heir.  :-) If that's cool.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 25, 2011, 08:16:11 PM
I think I'll be the House Greyjoy heir.  :-) If that's cool.

As it would happen, it is.

Character Sheets coming tomorrow.

RedEve

mainsnoires

Hello again and thanks for the reply !
I'd like to pick the Lannister Heir if it's ok. ^^

Primarch

Sure can Mainsnoires!

For one and all, CS is on the opening post. Apologies for the delay~

TheHangedOne

I think this'll about do it. Any changes I need to make, let me know.

Name: Lanse Greyjoy
Position: Heir of House Greyjoy
Appearance:

Attire: Simple, loose fitting gray tunic and pantaloons, soft leather boots and gloves are his usual attire when he's not in armor. He also typically wears a red bandanna, and depending on the weather, a short cloak (comes down to his knees) that's dyed crimson.
Armour: Preferring to wear armor that allows him to  stay mobile while offering protection, he makes use of leather lamellar armor.
Weapon of Choice: Lanse has shown a great deal of martial expertise, and he often carries a shortbow with him (and a quiver of arrows for it), as well as a broadsword.

Personality: Lanse has always been a wild child; he's difficult to control, choosing to march to the beat of his own drums, choosing to always do what he wants (though this often coincides with what others want, thankfully for his family). In addition to this, he tends to be quite carefree and boisterous. Perhaps because of a dangerous arrogance in his own skills, his usual response to the threat of danger is to laugh and tackle it head on.
Ambitions: lanse doesn't have grand ambitions. He just wants to enjoy his life, to live it the way he wants to.
Virtue: Can not abide bullying, although he noticeably has no issues with harassing people that are, themselves, bullies.
Vice: Women and wine, my friend, women and wine, the two best things in the world, are they not? And a good fight is great, too!

Backstory: While most would be overjoyed to be born into a ruling family and to be prepped for rulership themselves, Lanse has always hated this. A rebel at heat, as a child, he'd often throw off his stuffy clothes and tromp around the castle naked, unaware of just how upsetting that could be to others.

As a teenager, he often took to disappearing and going off "On an adventure!" When he should have been learning (although his teachers eventually learned that the best way to teach him was to humor him and do it by horse back, while riding around the Iron Isles).

At the very least, his father was glad to see that he was a competent warrior, as any Ironborn should be.  In fact, he took to combat, both ranged and melee, quite eagerly, and the prospect of being able to duel with some of the strongest men in their army has often been incentive to make him toe the line (if only for a while), and act as a lordling should.

When he was about Twenty-two and adventuring around the North, he discovered a starving dire wolf pup. The mother had probably been killed, and the baby had been unable to hunt for himself yet. Taking pity on the animal, as he is known to do, he gave it water to drank, and meat to eat from his own supplies.

It would be a lie to say that Misericorde is tamed, however, Lanse seems to be able to keep it in control; having saved its life, it is fiercely loyal to him, and this, combined with his own strange abilities, makes it seem as if the two have a psychic bond.

He is in King's Landing at this time to honor his father's request and represent House Greyjoy (though it's mostly his adjutants helping him get things done). About the only reason he even wanted to go was because it had been one of the few places in the Kingdoms he hadn't explored yet.

...Besides, he's heard good things about the women there. And the wine.

Other details: Lanse is gifted with an interesting empathy with animals. He understands them intuitively and is able to communicate with them in a crude fashion. Some people choose to call him "Beastlord" because of this (combined with his personality). He travels in the company of a young adult dire wolf named "Misericorde", and two ravens named "Zephyros" and "Boreas".
Check out my poet tree!

Zealously Jaded

I'll get my CS up soon, I'm just on the train on the way back from Merry Old London!

I was wondering... since there is no Lannister Lord. I was going to have my character single...or even widowed and returned to her family since she was childless... tell me what you think :)

RedEve

Name:Catharina
Position: Upper-class whore for the elite in King’s Landing
Appearance:

Attire: The finest and flimsiest outfits gold can buy, though the aim is not to wear them too long, obviously
Armour: nothing but her wit
Weapon of Choice: Mind and body, not necessarily in that order

Personality:Sharp, driven, ambitious. She has no qualms about using people to improve her position. Powerful men have used her to get information out of rivals, but she is loyal to no one but herself.
Ambitions:Accumulate enough wealth to live in luxury for the rest of her life.
Virtue:eagerness and determination when it comes to pleasing her clients
Vice:arrogance, overconfidence, jealousy and disloyalty

Backstory:Catharina’s story isn’t that different from hundreds of other children in King’s Landing. She was orphaned at a very young age. She survived as a street rascal for a few years. One day she tried to pick the wrong man’s pocket and was arrested for thieving. Normally she would have been arrested never to be heard of again, but a local entrepreneur bribed one of the guards to buy her freedom. Or rather, he bought her slavery. Her savior was also the owner of one of the biggest brothels in the city. He catered to both the paupers and very wealthy, and everyone in between and had girls for every social class. Catharina was trained in the arts of seduction and pleasure until she lost her virginity to her first client at age 16.

Four years later, her master was assassinated, and the slaves and whores he had collected over the years were sold off. All but a few, including Catharina. She managed to have one of her more powerful clients proclaim her a free woman. Since that day, she has been catering to the ultra-rich and mega-powerful as an independent whore. She hopes her coveted cunny will allow her to gain such wealth that she can retire and live in opulent luxury for the rest of her life.

Karlissa

Still interested will try to get a CS up in the next few days.