Taken, a Game of the Captive (DnD 3.5 or PF) (NC-EX)

Started by ShadowFox89, January 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Sorry Brave, I don't think I can take on any more people. I'm already pushing the numbers as it is.

Maybe next time. Or, possibly, if the game expands.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

How are things going? I'm really wanting to try out Lady Thorn. :D

ShadowFox89

Sorry! I'll go get an OOC up right now!

Starting a new thread is always the slowest thing for me to do. I can never figure out what to post.

edit: Yar, the OOC is up. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131670.0
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Well, personally I'm running into analysis paralysis with feat, spell, and item choices.  Since I can swap spells each day, and I don't start with much item-wise, I'm not too worried about those yet.  I do for sure need feats, spell specialization, and starting spellbook, however, and any advice would be appreciated.

Also, Shadow, I need to ask about how many spells I can start with.  Normally, I'd start with 7 1st-level spells and get 4 more spells from leveling, but I'd like to at least get some 3rd-level spells to start with as well (I don't get free spells for leveling mystic theurge normally, but I can still learn spells and copy them into my spellbook).

ShadowFox89

Hmm... I'm not sure really. Normally, you'd have some gold to throw into putting spells in your spellbook. Anyone have some advice with this?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 09, 2012, 09:35:52 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure really. Normally, you'd have some gold to throw into putting spells in your spellbook. Anyone have some advice with this?

I had a GM who offered 2x or 3x the spells they can casts as 'book spells'.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

He usually tailored it to the levels.. like x3 except for the upper 1 or 2 levels.. which he did as x2.

They wanted more..they had to buy scrolls and scribe them in. Gave them a BIT more flexibility he thought

ShadowFox89

I'm not too experience with prepared spellcasters, honestly. I've always stuck with psionics or sorcerers.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Well, maybe something like 10 first level, 5 second level, 2 third level spells to start off with?  (The high first level is because I start with 7 spells thanks to 18 int.)  I don't get third level spells until level 8 anyway with my build, so having only a few makes sense to me.

Anyway, think I'm going to go with Transmutation specialization, with Necromancy and Conjuration as opposition schools.

ShadowFox89

That sounds fine. Just be aware that your access to a spellbook will vary depending on how nice the guards are that day :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Hm, good point.  At least I still get all my cleric spells without needing a spellbook :P

Although, there is one feat that lets me pick some spells and prepare them without a spellbook...  And I can take still spell to cast spells while tied up... would that be too cheesy? :P

ShadowFox89

Too cheesy? Nah. A quick way for the guards to torture you into not wanting to cast spells like that again though :P

Should move this conversation to the OOC though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A