Pathfinder: The Rise

Started by Bloody Rose, February 02, 2012, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

There was once a sword, a sword unlike any other. It held the power to unite nations or to destroy them, it had the power of Will. The will of the carrier, the will of the wielder would determine the fate of the world.  However it was not meant to be, the sword got taken by a wizard and turned into a weapon of mass destruction. Kingdoms were brought down under his rule while others stood up and fought with no much avail falling as well not too soon after. However a single power would prove the key to end the suffering, Friendship. The thing that makes you risk your life for others, the thing that will allow you to forgo your own life for those you love for, at the end that brought the end of the wizard and the recapture of the sword into good hands.

The battle was fierce, time and time again the alliance fell into to demons of the wizard and his followers. However slowly but surely the war ended and the sword was taken back. The leader of the kingdoms decided the sword was too much for this planet and decided to break the sword shatter it into pieces that flew all over the world, soon they would rot and turn into nothing more than a pebble. However in that pebble rested great power, and when the hands of the chosen ones would touch the pebble something amazing will happen.

You wake up, captured and enslaved by minion of a dark warlord that finally took the advantage from you. You go on doing what is ordered for a small fortune of gold pieces. What would happen when you find a small pebble, the pebble speaks to your mind “You are the chosen one, grab me and take the power to change the world”. When you grab the pebble you feel all the power rushing back to you, the power that you once had. The pebble begins to shine and it slowly becomes bigger and bigger until a weapon appears in front of you, “Use me, bring destruction or salvation the decision it’s up to you”.

Pathfinder Roleplay
40pt buy for stats
10 GP starting wealth
Lv 6 Starting lv
No weapon at start (I will give each one of you a weapon. The weapon will grow with you as you grow in power. Discussion ooc for what type of weapon would you like (if you use swords, staff, fist etc etc)
You all begin captured, collar to your necks that strips you out of all of your power and collar its locked magically.

IC= https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131348.0#new
OOC= https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131349.0
Character= https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131255.0
Info= https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131269.0

Marie Reynolds

Is their any Alignment and Class/race restrictions?

Bloody Rose

Nothing Lawful, no gunslingers, Summoners(sorry  I am not too keen of rping with them). Other than that any questions?

Marie Reynolds

Nope good enough for me I am not big on the summoners myself.

Ershin

Would it be a safe guess that the "Bladebound" Magus variant wouldn't be allowed in this game due to getting a scaling weapon at level 3?

Bloody Rose

lol you all will get a weapon that will 'grow' with you so yeah you are right.

Marie Reynolds

So this is my progression id like to introduce 3 levels of Monk with the Martial Artist Archetype and 2 levels bard with the Lotus Geisha Archetype and 1 level of Shadow Dancer. I hope you find this appropriate for the game.

Bloody Rose

RubySlippers

Okay tossing out an idea and a classic the sturdy fighter with the big weapon, think Red Sonya or Taarna (the mute hotty from the film Heavy Metal circa 1980's). Will be a human, fighter who - er - fights.

Alignment neutral she is in business she fights to get by and not picky as to the kind of work, evil warlord or noble lord its all the same to her.

Not likely to be a one trick pony though she would favor a weapon naturally but not ignore other tactics, unamred fighting and using thoown and ranged weapons as fits her style. But I would like to keep it simple prestige classes and fancy things are not my style but an archetype maybe some are kind of nice.

ShadowFox89

Anything against Psionics?

I was thinking a kineticist.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 02, 2012, 10:03:46 PM
Anything against Psionics?

I was thinking a kineticist.

I would love to keep it to the classes on the core rulebook if you can please. An I hope to see her soon Ruby.

RubySlippers

Halfway done uses a bastard sword two-handed since its in that case a martial weapon, is strong and fast with no major flaws in her build is decent but kind of focused on fighting.

Feats include improved unarmed fighting, improved initiative, toughness, training with the bastard sword and mounted combat has a riding skill of +13 total. Will focus now on throw weapons next and more mounted combat likely archery.

I gave her a hobby and some other skills she plays the flute not awesomely good but with a masterwork one can belt off a song or two for fun.

Likely she will be a moderately armored at most I need to balance her dex bonus with the armor for the best results. When she can get some.  ;)

Are you allowing traits?

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, if there is room I have interest in to play as half-orc ranger or sorcerer. Still ponder which one I would play.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I let you decide which version I take;

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 6th level (Using a great axe as weapon of choice)
Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 6th level (Using 1/2 bonus to fire dmg per level favored class bonus and using Efreet bloodline, so a fire blasting sorcerer of raw arcane power)
Male Half-Orc Ranger 6th level (Using Beastmaster variant to replace orc racial and Beastmaster variant of ranger class and also replace usual favored class bonus for extra hit points for animal companions)

BraveEarth

I'm interested in this but I really am not completely familiar with the Pathfinder system, I'm trying to learn but I might need some help with the character... <--- Realizes potentially hanging himself x-x

Thinking about a Half-Elf Ranger character Focusing Dually on Melee and Archery...

Muse

Hey, Brave, shoot me a PM and i'll try to help.  :)

Zaer, let em send a druid or oracle your way.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Huh? Why send me char concepts, I am not the GM in this one >_<

Anyways BraveEarth, you can google Pathfinder to find online SDR site which holds all basic info really.

Muse

*Chuckles* 

Sorry, meant to say Zara, not Zaer.  *Sweat drop* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on February 03, 2012, 03:19:23 AM
*Chuckles* 

Sorry, meant to say Zara, not Zaer.  *Sweat drop*

*stares intently*

Clever dodge there Muse.....but this will do ;).

Anyways still waiting suggestions from people what sort half-orc I will roll. Barbarian is least interesting as it's quite generic idea go with power house build.

Shaitan

I'm interested, if there's still room, half elf ranger, wolf companion going mounted archer at the next level once the wolf becomes large enough to ride, there is one feat outside of core from seeker of secrets called boon companion I'd be looking at taking, all it does is increase effective druid level by 4 for the purposes of determining animal companion abilities but never exceeds your character level. Sound good? though if the party ends up needing a healer I can switch to a half elf inquisitor with the healing domain, always fun when the healer whips out a weapon and says it's bane you to the enemy, lol. I can work up a savable pdf char sheet for the dm if he'd like that doesn't require the use of acrobat pro to make char design a bit easier.

Muse

Name:   Corina
Race:   Elf
Class:   Druid 6
Alingment: Natural
Age   121
Height:   5'5"
Weight:   ?
Bust:   C
Skin:   Tanned
Hair:   Brown
Eyes:   Forest Green

http://www.fantastikresimler.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/nice-sword-fighter-girl-Cris-de-Lara.jpg

STR   12 +1
DEX   16 +3
CON   14 +2
INT   16 +3   
WIS   18 +4
CHRS   14 +2

Hit Points:   48

Armor Class:   18   (Leather Armor +2, Heavy Shield +2, Dexterity +3   Dodge +1)

Base Attack:   +4
--Melee +5, Missile +7

Blade of the Green Mother:
--TAB      +6
--Damage   d6+2+5(Natural)
--Critical   18X2+Heal 1d10

Feats: 
Combat Casting
Craft Wonderous Item
Dodge

Skills:
Climb      3   +3   +1      =d20+7
Fly      4   +3   +3      =d20+10
Handle Animal   6   +3   +2      =d20+10
Heal      6   +3   +4      =d20+13
K. Geography   1   +3   +3   +0   =d20+7
K. Nature   6   +3   +2   +2   =d20+13
Perception   6   +3   +4   +2   =d20+15
Ride      1   +3   +3   +0   =d20+7
Spellcraft   6   +3   +2   +2   =d20+13
Survival   6   +3   +2   +2   =d20+13
Swim      2   +3   +1   +0   =d20+6

Traits:
--Focused Concentration: +2

Concentration
--Warrior of Old +2 Initiatve

Favored Class:
+1 HP, +5 Skills

Spellcasting: 
--Concentration 1d20+16

Animal Companion: Scandranon

Small Animal (Eagle)
Speed 10;, Fly 80'(average)

Strength   14
Dexterity   16
Constitution   14
Intelegence   2
Wisdom      14
Charisma   6

HP   44

AC   21   (+6 Natural, Dexterity +3, Dodge +1, Size +1) 

Base Attack Bonus: +4

Attack: 
1 Bite
--TAB +7
--d4+2

2 Talons
--TAB +2
--d4+1

Feats: 
Dodge
Improved Natural Armor
Toughness

Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Link, Share Spells, Evasion, Devotion. 

Skills: 
--Fly      2 +3 +3   =d20+8
--Perception   4 +3 +2   =d20+9

Shaitan

Personally Zaer I like the idea of a half orc sorcerer with fire, they are hilarious to watch rp when they get ticked off, watch the world burn from a distance, or at least I would as the archer.

Zaer Darkwail

It seems so, as we got druid and wolf riding elf so we got all 'nature guys' and 'fuzzy companions' covered. So okay, half-orc sorcerer with efreeti bloodline coming up!

BraveEarth

Okay basically my Half-Elf will be switching between a Composite Longbow And a Greatsword in a perfect world >_> Or atleast that's what I've kind of curtailed her to Sheet wise. With a Wolf Companion.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm.... I think I'll go with an Elf Bard who is extremely nearsighted.
Call me Shadow
My A/A