So Happy! I gotta Share!

Started by Aragem, August 29, 2016, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

My mother had hepatitis C from a bad blood transfusion many years ago.  Five years ago, she tried to go through the treatment for Hep C, but it just about killed her so she stopped in the middle of it. 

Recently, a few weeks ago, she was able to get on the new Harvoni treatment and as of today, six weeks into a 12 week treatment, she is Hep C free!  The blood test detected NO VIRUS!!!! 

Beguile's Mistress

How wonderful!  I'm so happy for her and all of you. 

Blythe

That's great; I'm glad that the Harvoni treatment worked--such great news! <3

Oniya

Quote from: Aragem on August 29, 2016, 06:15:14 PM
My mother had hepatitis C from a bad blood transfusion many years ago.  Five years ago, she tried to go through the treatment for Hep C, but it just about killed her so she stopped in the middle of it. 

Recently, a few weeks ago, she was able to get on the new Harvoni treatment and as of today, six weeks into a 12 week treatment, she is Hep C free!  The blood test detected NO VIRUS!!!!

I think that's the one my mother-in-law went through (I remember she had to get 'sponsored' or something).  She's also down to an undetectable viral load.  :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aragem

Thanks!  She's thrilled!  She still has to complete the 12 week treatment to make sure it doesn't come back, but it's a wonderful sign for her to be virus free so early.

Yukina