All Flesh Must be Eaten interest check

Started by Jaded, December 19, 2013, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

In 1947 the Rocky Hill Hotel, located on the coast of Maine, was destroyed in a fire that claimed more than fifty lives.  In the decades since, the ruins were neither destroyed nor renovated, instead they were gradually reclaimed by the forest.  Now, on Halloween in 2013, several groups will go to investigate the rumour that the ruins are haunted.

Is there any interest in an All Flesh Must be Eaten game using the above premise?  I see the characters as being from a mix of backgrounds.  Television paranormal investigators who are there to make a Halloween special, teenagers/thrillseekers from a local town there to have fun, police to chase off the trespassers, and so on. 

MasterMischief

I would be interested.  What books are you planning to allow?  Would this be zombies, ghosts or a surprise?

Jaded

I own All Flesh Must be Eaten Revised, Atlas of the Walking Dead, One of the Living, and Worlds of the Dead.  So I would be allowing/using those.

Zombies mainly, starting with a small outbreak and possibly spreading into something bigger.

Thufir Hawat

Tentatively interested for a teenager, say 19 yo, but I can't confirm availability before the holidays.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Jaded

I'm not in a rush to start things.  I may start expanding on my thoughts a bit over the holidays.  When you have a chance (no rush ;) ) please post a character concept. 

kckolbe

Always a fan of trying a new system.  No ideas on concept yet, but have some time off and will get the main book and check it out.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Laughing Hyena

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on December 25, 2013, 07:32:45 AM
Can we add 'wealthy entrepreneur interested in revitalizing the property' to the list of possible characters, as well as 'well informed, yet deceptive real estate agent'? I'd be willing to play both roles.
Do zombies count as property ;D?
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

SGTDan

I'll play a service member, Army or Marines.

I'm interesting
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Jaded

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on December 25, 2013, 07:32:45 AM
Can we add 'wealthy entrepreneur interested in revitalizing the property' to the list of possible characters, as well as 'well informed, yet deceptive real estate agent'? I'd be willing to play both roles.

Either of those ideas would be fine. :-)

Quote from: SGTDan on December 25, 2013, 02:17:46 PM
I'll play a service member, Army or Marines.

I'm interesting

What brought the service member there?  Is he retired and working with the TV crew?

Just a bit more information on what I am thinking

The Rocky Hill Hotel was a three story structure designed in the shape of a Y.  There was a parking lot and fountain in front of the building, with the lobby located at the center of the Y.  Between the two arms closest to the ocean was a large swimming pool.  While between the remaining arms, facing the forest, was a garden.  The parking lot was set off across the entrance road, which ran through the woods to hook up with a local highway.  Of course, the hotel itself was now gutted by fire.  The parking lot, garden, and swimming pool had been largely reclaimed by the forest, and the road was now a rough dirt track.

The nearest town was Blueport, located fifteen minutes by foot through the forest, or roughly half an hour by road due to the need to take a road out to the highway, drive along the highway, then down another road to the town.  The hotel was known among the locals, but generally avoided.  Those that believed such things tended to think it was haunted, while those that didn’t were well aware of a spate of animal attacks and accidents that had claimed dozens of lives over the decades. 

SGTDan

Quote from: Jaded on December 25, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

What brought the service member there?  Is he retired and working with the TV crew?
Retired, a local guide they hired
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Depraved Lucidity

I may be up for this! I'd need to know more about the CS though. Could play a Ghost Hunter or someone else.

Jaded

Quote from: SGTDan on December 25, 2013, 11:12:58 PM
Retired, a local guide they hired

Ah, okay.  Sounds good.

Quote from: Depraved Lucidity on December 26, 2013, 12:54:06 PM
I may be up for this! I'd need to know more about the CS though. Could play a Ghost Hunter or someone else.

CS?  Campaign setting?  I am thinking modern day, more or less like our world.  The rough location is mentioned in the first and a later post.  I will probably allow characters to be Survivors, though if someone wants a second character for some reason, I'll probably allow them as a Norm.  I'll try to get things more organized soon.

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on December 26, 2013, 05:45:41 PM
A rough and tough Texan who may dress like a snob, but he most certainly knows his way around a Smith & Wesson, hunting knife, and sword-cane, all of which he'll be packing upon his arrival. He's not a dumb man. He's read the reports.

The reports would mostly be local.  One or two deaths every few years, so it wouldn't be well known elsewhere.

Depraved Lucidity

That works!

TheHangedOne

I'm interested. Thinking of a kid who went along with some friends for something to do on Halloween. I think that would work better if there were other teen characters, maybe we could work out some history and connections together? If not, might have to have a few NPCs... they could always be the first to die.

Also, I have been interested in AFMBE for some time, but never played before, and it's been years since I've looked at a book. My inexperience won't be a problem, will it?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

So, double post, but for good reason. Spent some time the past few days reading over the pdf, and have come up with a character sheet. Didn't use all the drawbacks/qualities that I could, though. Pretty sure I did it all right, too.

sheet

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 3
Intelligence: 3
Perception: 4
Willpower: 3

Life Points: 34 (+3)
Endurance Points: 32
Essence Points: 20

Speed: 14 mph

Qualities:
Attractiveness (1)
Charisma (1)
Fast Reaction Time
Hard to Kill (1)
Nerves of Steel

Drawbacks:
Honorable (2)

Skills:
Acrobatics: 4
Brawling: 2
Climbing: 1
Driving (Motorcycle): 4
First Aid: 2
Hand Weapon (Staff): 5
Humanities (science): 2
Intimidation: 3
Martial Arts: 3
Swimming: 2

Equipment:
Cell Phone
Flashlight
Biker Armor (treat as Leather Armor)
Motorcycle

Check out my poet tree!

Jaded

The sheet looks fine TheHangedMan :-)  Inexperience is fine.

For everyone who is interested, please post a character sheet and background. 

I don't have much to add to the setting at the current moment, so below is just a repost of other information for the game.  In terms of the paranormal investigation team, they would work for a cable tv station.  The size of their team and their budget would depend on how many players want their characters to be a part of that group, and what roles those characters would be taking.  I will probably run one or two NPCs at least for each group (teenagers, investigators, etc), but don't want to end up running too many.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

In 1947 the Rocky Hill Hotel, located on the coast of Maine, was destroyed in a fire that claimed more than fifty lives.  In the decades since, the ruins were neither destroyed nor renovated, instead they were gradually reclaimed by the forest.  Now, on Halloween in 2013, several groups will go to investigate the rumour that the ruins are haunted.

The Rocky Hill Hotel was a three story structure designed in the shape of a Y.  There was a parking lot and fountain in front of the building, with the lobby located at the center of the Y.  Between the two arms closest to the ocean was a large swimming pool.  While between the remaining arms, facing the forest, was a garden.  The parking lot was set off across the entrance road, which ran through the woods to hook up with a local highway.  Of course, the hotel itself was now gutted by fire.  The parking lot, garden, and swimming pool had been largely reclaimed by the forest, and the road was now a rough dirt track.

The nearest town was Blueport, located fifteen minutes by foot through the forest, or roughly half an hour by road due to the need to take a road out to the highway, drive along the highway, then down another road to the town.  The hotel was known among the locals, but generally avoided.  Those that believed such things tended to think it was haunted, while those that didn’t were well aware of a spate of animal attacks and accidents that had claimed dozens of lives over the decades. 

Name:
Sex:
Character Type:
Character Points (Spent):
Character Points (Unspent):

PRIMARY
STR:        INT:
DEX:        PER:
CON:        WIL:
      SECONDARY
Life Points:
Endurance Points:
Speed:
Essence Pool:

QUALITIES

DRAWBACKS

SKILLS

WEAPONS

POSSESSIONS

ALLIES/CONTACTS

HISTORY

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik Schuhart
Sex: Male
Appearance: Because he loves to ride his motorcycle, he can most commonly be seen in full biker armor with helmet, gloves,shinguards, and boots. When not wearing his gear, he usually prefers dark green shirts and plain denim jeans.  His hair is dark brown, and short, some times in a crew cut or buzzed.  His eyes are a mellow green. All in all, he is a very athletic looking person, with very little body fat, and well-honed musculature.
Character Type: Survivor
Character Points (Spent):
Character Points (Unspent):Qualities 5,drawbacks 8

PRIMARY
STR: 3        INT: 3
DEX: 4        PER: 4
CON: 3        WIL: 3
      SECONDARY
Life Points: 34(+9)
Endurance Points: 32
Speed: 14 mpg
Essence Pool: 20

QUALITIES
Attractiveness (1)
Charisma (1)
Fast Reaction Time
Hard to Kill (3)
Nerves of Steel
     DRAWBACKS
Honorable (2)

SKILLS
Acrobatics: 4
Brawling: 2
Climbing: 1
Driving (Motorcycle): 4
First Aid: 2
Hand Weapon (Staff): 5
Humanities (science): 2
Intimidation: 3
Martial Arts: 3
Swimming: 2
     WEAPONS
None
     POSSESSIONS
Cell Phone
Flashlight
Biker Armor (treat as Leather Armor)
Motorcycle
     ALLIES/CONTACTS
Other teens?
     HISTORY
Erik was born in Blue Port to a biker babe and biker dude. Still, they were pretty good people, as far as parents go; maybe better than most. Needless to say, when he got older, they taught him to ride, and how to ride damn good.  As a kid, he worked out a lot with his father, and this trend continued into his teenage years. Around the age of 14, he started taking a youth martial arts class, and from there, his interest expanded to "stick fighting"(fighting with a staff). He's a natural warrior, made all the stronger with Iron Palm and Iron Body training.

He can be somewhat elusive at school, generally being quiet, but the girls like him for his ripped body and cool, relaxed attitude. He usually keeps an eye on the 'twerps', makes sure the jocks don't mess them up too badly... and when the jocks do get carried away, they usually wind up accidentally breaking their arms by accident. Some may say Erik helps them break their arms, but nope, he never admits it, and doesn't get caught.

Erik also has a passing interest in biology; specifically, human biology. He likes to learn how the body works, both so that he can take better care of himself, and also because it helps in a fight.

Currently, Erik's dream is to become a big time martial artist, and compete professionally.

Bonus Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IdpV-eslpk
Check out my poet tree!