Trial and Error [Private]

Started by TheWhiteEmperor, June 16, 2010, 12:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWhiteEmperor

The sun was setting... A lone man stood on the Cliffs of Drequ... Staring off into the distance.. A lone man stood, overlooking the sun's rays as they fled under the horizon... His short, red hair flowed with the wind's breezes. His eyes were cold, his face stern, yet tiny tears were welling up in eyes.. His hands rest solemnly at the hilt of his sword, which jutted out of the ground from where he'd plunged it into the Earth a while ago. His thoughts were elsewhere, thinking of his children, wife, the villagers of Roanok... all dead... He had no one. No one to talk to or be with. Everyone was dead, yet they were haunting him, still roaming the land. They were the undead. He walked among a world ruled by the Dark Lord, Kizare. But the true question is... who was He? He... Him... The man who stood alone... His identity hidden to protect him from the darkness. Who was this sole survivor of the Undead Massacre in Roanok? He knew his name, but never spoke it. The wind seemed to whisper to him, swirling about as he looked to his scarred hands. Warm tears splashed on them, one word spun around in his head now. His name almost seemed to be a burden, his name.. 'Leon...'

His hand fell around the whole shaft of the hilt, gripping it tightly. He paused a moment before pulling the sword from the ground. Leon reached around, hooking the sword to his belt. He looked back up into the sky, "I will have my revenge... Brother..." Turning about, his heel digging into the ground as he spun, he walked a few meters backward. He stopped, turning back to face the edge of the cliff. Suddenly, he charged for the edge, the end becoming closer and closer. He knew what was below, the Eyu Forest. This forest was the last between him and Hyarka, a small village, not yet consumed by the undead. He found himself at the edge, leaping into the air just as his foot touched the last ground that was under him. Spreading his arms out, he soared through the air, suspended as he sailed. His body begun to sink, falling to the forest floor below. The tree tops were approaching ever quickly, the man fell faster and faster as he maneuvered his body in position to increase speed. His hand wrapped tightly around the hilt of his blade, a good tug on the shaft and the blade was exposed. He prepared himself, he would use the trees to slow his movement.

His shoulders cocked, sword at the ready. He broke the tree line, slashing his long katana blade out. It caught the edge of the tree, but the small piece broke off, his free falling continuing. Leon thrust the blade again, this time trying to jam it into the wooden entities trunk. It stuck, his body jerking to a stop, a loud pop came from his shoulder. He howled in pain, his shoulder now dislocated, hanging on by one arm. He looked down, his face contorted from pain. He determined it was a good twenty feet down He looked at his arm, "Damn..." he cursed. His good arm gripped the hilt of the sword tightly, yanking it out of the tree. He began to fall again, but half way down, he kicked off the tree's base, flipping to a safe stop t the bottom. He sighed a sigh of relief, then grit his teeth. Grasping his dislocated arm, he lifted it, then swiftly jammed it back into place. Pain shot through his entire arm, the pain was like having a thousand pin needles drive through the entire shoulder. His face turned red as he cried out into the forest in a shriek of pain, bringing it to a faint grunt quickly. "Fuck..." he cursed again, moving his arm around, the pain still there a little.

[Gah, sorry if it sucks.. It's been awhile since I've been RPing. I have been on quite a vacation from it. =P]
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Edhel Tari

Emma had come to the forest looking for sweet berries to make a delicious pie for dinner.  It was like any ordinary day, the sun was half past midday and and she knew she would have plenty of time to get it done before her parents returned from the field.  It was hard work, keeping their home in order, but she also knew the work was even harder for her parents.  So, she learned to make her chores fun and less tiresome.  One was to trek into the forest to surprise her family with something new at least twice a week.  Today was one of those days.

She knew where the berries grew the most abundant.  It required moving deep into the forest near the base of the Drequ, the tall cliffs so high she could never see the top.  Once in a while she would discover a poor animal that found its death because of those cliffs.  It always broke her heart.  And as much as she disliked the area, the berries loved it.  So, she bowed to their desires and continued to trek through areas that scared her, for the rewards were great.

The day was becoming rather humid and she found herself wiping the moisture from her forehead often as she ventured deeper and deeper into the canopy of the trees.  She knew the way well, just as she knew that in another 15 odd minutes she would arrive.  Everything of this forest was known to her as if it had been her own private playground.  The sounds of the trees when they swayed in the wind, the call of the birds and the habits of the beasts.  Yes, nothing ever surprised her on these treks, until today, when she was startled by a howl like none she had ever heard before.  Stopping in her tracks, her eyes danced about the area trying to gauge which direction it had come.  But she heard no more.

Slowly, she began to walk again, telling herself it was some poor beast who had been harmed in some way.  She had encountered that before.  Sometimes they would let her help them, sometimes she would resort to other measures of safety.  But the howl was still fishing through her veins, telling her to go back, go back.   "But I've come so far already.  I cannot go back empty handed."  She said out loud to herself.  "I will only pick the blackberries that are the furthest away from the cliffs."   Because she was sure everything evil came from there.  Once again she began to walk with a light, merry song softly coming from her lips,  swinging her basket too and fro.

(No, your post are much longer than I'm use to, but I like it.  I just hope my writing is not boring compared to yours.)
"For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings, That then I scorn to change my state with kings"
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

[OOC || Oh no, you're writing is wonderful. You're doing a damn fine job.]

He shuddered at the realization that he'd let out a bloodcurdling howl just moments ago, whining about his injury like a little bitch. He cursed at himself for being so weak. He'd suffered far worse before, but maybe he was getting soft. Having lost so much, he was losing his edge. "Damn," he muttered, swinging his blade in a wide arc, he cut asunder the tree. He grinned, having a small satisfaction of revenge. "Ok, now.. It's time to get to Hyarka Village," he sighed, cracking his weary bones before heading through the forest.

As he began walking, he heard the animals of the forest skitter and bustle about him. Some running in fear, others gazing upon him with curiosity. Some even felt their territory was being invaded upon. He kept his wits about him, for there were far worse things in this godforsaken forest than a few hungry bears.

The Eyu Forest may not've fallen victim to the dark forces of Kizare's army, but there was a deep vein of magic in this forest. Some of it was pure, but elders spoke of the old ages in which powerful dark wizards had turned the magic here into dark sorcery, but the healing effects were finally starting to kill off the old, dark magic.. Though some of it was still here, as well as the beasts that were tainted by the evil magic. Suddenly, Leon heard the approach of another.

Hm?! he thought, quickly hiding himself behind a large oak tree. What the hell are villagers doing this far into the Eyu Forest?! Don't they know what evil lurks here? he thought, pondering what he should do. Damn.. I can't afford to deal wi-! Stampeding rampage. He heard it coming from the east, headed straight for the woman who kept getting closer and closer to his position. "Damn it.. Hey! Look out!" he called out, suddenly running out and pushing her out of harm's way, a massive boar ramming into him, cutting him under the legs and sending him soaring through the air. He landed on his recently injured shoulder, causing a searing pain to shoot through his arm. "Gah! Damn!"

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Edhel Tari

Emma had just heard the noise of the stampede, she glanced around for a place of protection when out of the woods, a man creature shape was upon her and pushed her with all it might, sending her flying to the side.  Landing on her back, the breath was knocked out of her, so her breathing was more like gasps as she tried to fill her lungs.  The sound of the boars passing by drummed in her ears as some barely missing her legs trying to shove their way towards the lead.  Somewhere in the turmoil, she heard someone using very strong language, so she knew the form had to be human, and the sound of his voice said, it was a man.  "A man...out here?" She thought to herself.   Emma had come here often in the last year, and never once encountered another human being.

Once the dust had settled, Emma stood up and brushed the dust from her clothing and retrieved her basket, all the time looking at the man on the other side of the path.  She saw bleeding from his leg, and his arm did not look right.  Slowly, she walked back onto the path, getting near him, but not to close, she asked.  "Are you alright, Sir?"  Looking at his leg, she offered, "I can dress that if you like."    The man looked as thought he could be big and frightful.  And if he were not injuries she would probably have run away.  But he was hurt, cut and in some ways very vulnerable at the moment.  She doubted he could catch her in his present condition.   "There is a spring a few yards that way"  She said pointing behind her,  "And healing herbs if you are willing to trust me to help."
"For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings, That then I scorn to change my state with kings"
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

He coughed, a feeling of fatigue washing over him after being tramped by an entire herd of wild boar. He groaned quietly, struggling to lift himself  from a downed position. He was hazy and dazed, confused about the goings on around him. When a woman's voice gently called to him, he could barely make out her words. Shuffling away from her, he propped himself up against a tree. "Gi-give me a moment," he asked, trying to regain his senses.

Coughing hoarsely, he covered his mouth, only to taste the foul copper-tinge ooze into his mouth. He was bleeding internally, but he tried to hide it from the already scared girl before him. "Ugh," he groaned again, his vision and hearing clearing. Blinking, he saw the woman's figure clearing into his view. She was beautiful and petite, much unlike him.. Built and roughly around the edges. His red hair was dirty from the trampling, and he was beaten up pretty badly, but he'd known worse.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude.. But what are you doing this deep in the forest? You do realize the dangers here, don't you?" he asked, not really concerned about his own health.

[This is Leon's look.]

Edhel Tari

"I grew up in these forests, I know every tree, plant and animal.  I'm sorry you had to get hurt, but I would've jumped out of their way.  Those boars are so unpredictable, they crash through somewhere in these woods constantly."  She shrugged.  But seeing him leaning against a tree, she relaxed her concerns and went over to him, wrapping her small arm around his waist.  "Come, sit.  You are not helping your wounds like that."  Her voice almost scolding.  The animals in these dangerous woods did not give her as much bellowing as this man.

Glancing up into his eyes, she got a good look at him.  He was beautiful.  His red hair and green eyes were mesmerizing.  She had never seen red hair before.  No one in Hyarka had anything but brown mostly, a few were blonde, some with black hair.  "You really do need tending, if you would only let me.  I always carry bandages and things with me in case I come upon a wounded animal."  She spoke softly to him, hoping it would cause him to trust her and let her help him.  "Please!  Please let me do this for you."
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

He winced when she'd hefted him up, helping him to a more comfortable place. He smiled, relaxing, but not really letting her take most of the burden of his own body. It hurt, and probably did more damage to his own body, but he wouldn't force this kind woman to be dragged down by his own dead weight. Sighing lightly to himself, he looked back at her. His cheeks flushed slightly when he realized she was admiring him, and half turned away.

"I, uhm.. Sure," he said finally. He wondered why the Basekarn hadn't tried to eat her yet. Surely her beauty and gift of nature didn't have any effect on wicked beasts that had been tainted with evil sorcery, could it? Though, he certainly felt more calm just being in her presence. The closer he got to her, the more he felt it. Does this woman.. Have the gift? Leon thought to himself. It was said that every village had at least one person with the natural gift of cleansing souls and purging evil, but could she be that very person?

"If you don't mind me asking, Miss.. Who are you?" he asked her curiously. His body, racked with pain, calmed and relaxed at her touch, which was a nice change. Even he wife-to-be hadn't had such an effect on him back home, but maybe that was because they were betrothed. It wasn't like they didn't like each other, but they were more like friends, really. Besides, he was only eighteen, he really wasn't even ready for marriage. Anesha....

Edhel Tari

Getting on her knees, she decided to check his leg first.  Carefully, she ripped the material, exposing the cut.  She frowned, it was pretty bad, but she'd seen worse.  Pulling the cloth from the top of her basket, she pulled out the large roll of bandages, a sharp knife, and a few herbs.   Filtering through the herbs, she realized she was missing something she normally had.   Glancing up she apologized.  "I'm sorry but I am missing the aloe plant.  I must get some. I will hurry back, I promise."  As she picked up the knife, she rose and  ran as fast as she could towards the area where she knew the aloe grew wild and large.  Quickly she gathered several long branches.    Then she looked for a special flower.  They called it the bucket flower because the flower itself was in the shape of a bucket.  Plucking one just a few inches below the bloom, she immediately went to the spring, filled it  and hurried back to the man.

When she finally arrived, she went down on her knees and began to prepare the herbs, mixing them and smashing them on a stone with a little bit of water.  Then she tore a piece off the bottom of her petticoat to wipe the blood from his wound.  "You took a very bad gorging." 

As he asked who she was, she looked up at him and smiled.  "My name is Emma, Emma from Hyarka.  And you are?"   Looking down, she continued her work until  the wound had a soothing pack inside it, and it was completely wrapped.  Looking at her finished work, placing her hands on her hips.  "There, that looks good."  Glancing up at him she said, "Anything else need tending?"
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

He nodded, and laid on his back as she went to fetch the herbs she'd been missing. While she was gone, he pondered how he would tell the small village of the news. It was unlikely that the tiny village had heard anything of the Undead Massacre, but one could never be sure at times like these. Turning to the spring, he dipped his hand into it, cupping out a small sip of fresh water. As it slid down his throat and cooled him off, he rest his weary body for the time.

It wasn't a very long time before she showed back up, quickly tending to the gash on his leg. He watched her intently, the touch of her skin was so soft that they put the finest silk pillows to shame. He smiled at her mention of him taking quite a thrashing, but he shook his head. "Nah, I've had far worse, Lass." he told her.

Shortly after she finished, he sat up, looking into her eyes and smiling. "Thank you, Emma," he said, patting the bandages lightly. He nodded, knowing that the patchwork was perfect. "I appreciate everything you've done for me. The least I can do is ask if you needed help with anything back in Hyarka since I was headed there anyway," he explained honestly, testing his new bandages by standing back to his feet. Offering his hand, he told her his name. "I'm Leon, by the way. I am glad to meet you."

Edhel Tari

As she looked up into Leon's eyes, she felt a sadness within him.   She searched his face for an answer, a clue as to where it came from, but her thoughts were interrupted by his claim he was headed to her village.  "Then you shall come back with me and stay at our home.  My family is not rich, but we have enough to share with a traveler."  Then remembering what she had come for, she jumped up.  "But first I must gather the berries for a pie for my parents.  I would hate to disappoint them.  I shall return."  Quickly she turned and hurried down to where she knew the berries grew.

As she approached the large ripe berries, she began to pick them rapidly, filling her basket up quickly.   Finally she had enough to make two pies, and as she turned to return to Leon, a strange dark man was standing directly in front of her.  Taking a step back, she knew she was in trouble.  Every instinct inside her head screamed danger.  He did not have to say a word, she could sense it.

Suddenly he grabbed her, as her basket and contents fell to the ground.  A scream came piercing from deep inside her.  She had never known fear in these woods before this day.  Now, she felt she would never feel safe again.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

Before he could even protest, she was gone in a flash. He sighed, wondering what he would do at their home. More importantly, where she went. He couldn't exactly run in his condition, so there was no way of catching up to her. Leon just sat and waited, that is, until her heard a peircing scream throughout the forest. This caused his heart to skip a beat, his eyes wide with terror. "No! Emma!" he called, staggering to his feet.

He had to find her, and quickly. Despite his injured leg, he sprinted through the forest, trying to find Emma. As he came to a small clearing, where several berry bushes could be seen, he noticed Emma was being held up by a large, burly man. Leon, reaching for his blade, suddenly realized that in his panic, he left it behind. Damn it! Keibatsu! he thought, sorry that he'd forgotten his sword. There wasn't much else left to do but to attempt to fight the man unarmed, but judging by his massive size, it wouldn't be easy.

Edhel Tari

The man had Emma around the waist, pulling her towards him, pressing against her small body.  "Stop struggling, it won't hurt as bad if you don't struggle."  He laughed.  But Emma was to frightened not to struggle.  "STOP STRUGGLING!"  He shouted, as his hand came up to her throat, squeezing it, trying to make her stop by any means necessary. 

As her throat was being constricted by his massive hands, Emma struggled to be get his fingers loose, her lungs beginning to hurt from lack of oxygen.  From the corner of her eye, she saw Leon but because of her struggling, the man had not noticed yet.  The last thing she saw was Leon's worried look, before darkness surrounded her.

The man grinned as her body became limp.  Letting her go, Emma fell to the ground in a heap.  As the man walked around her to move her into a more acceptable position, it was then he saw Leon and smirked.  "And what are you going to do little man?"  He asked with loud laughter.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

Watching in horror and fear, Leon was unsure what he could do to help. When she saw him, Leon felt all his guilt hit him at once. "Damn it.." he muttered, but then he filled with rage, a sudden explosion of energy surrounded him. He looked up, "What am I going to do? I'll fucking kill you!" he cried out, flashing forward so fast that he seemed to disappear, only to reappear when his knee crashed into the large man's jaw, a sickening snapping sound erupting from the jaw. The man reeled back in pain, looking at Leon with rage. Before the man could curse at him, Leon flashed around and kicked him in the temple, sending the man flying into the trees.

Leon, his energy cooling almost as quickly as it had sparked, staggered over, falling to his knees as he collapsed onto Emma. If the man was still conscious, or alive, he would have to get through Leon first. Leon's technique was very powerful, but not having yet mastered it... It drained everything from him and left him unconscious.

Edhel Tari

The first thing Emma could sense was a heaviness on her chest making it almost impossible to get a deep breath.  Slowly her eyes fluttered open to reveal Leon laying across the top of her deathly still.  Then she remembered the horrible man and for a moment, she began to panic, trying to rise enough to look about with huge frightened eyes for her attacker, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Glancing down at Leon's lifeless body, she placed a her hand on the side of his neck and could still feel a heartbeat.  "At least you are not dead, my hero."  She said softly.  There was no other reason the horrible man would have dropped her and not ravished her, unless Leon had intervened.  Slowly, with much effort, she began to wiggle herself free from beneath him.  It took quite a while, his body was so muscular, the weight was heavy.  Finally she was free and stood up, looking around for her basket, she found it off to the side a ways, with more than enough berries, only a third seemed to have been lost.  As she went to pick it up, needing the knife bandages and herbs in case Leon had need of a new a dressing, it was then she saw the man, crumbled beneath a tree, his neck broken.  "How did Leon do that?"  She thought.  Yes, she knew he had to be strong, as she had dressed his leg, it would be impossible not to feel the strength in him.  Every muscle was tight and firm in her hands.

Turning, leaving the scene of death behind her, she returned to Leon.  Kneeling down beside him, it took great effort to turn him over.  How peacefully he slumbered, as if he had not slept in many, many days.  He was breathing, and his wound seemed alright, albeit the blood had started to soak to through the bandages.  But it would hold until they reach her home.

Slowly her eyes wandered back to his face.   He was quite handsome when he slept, she noticed.  Placing a hand on the side of his face, she took a moment to really look at him, touching his face delicately.  She had never meet anyone quite like him before.  Then she began to try and wake him gently.  "Leon, wake up.  Leon?  Can you hear me?  Please wake up, we must get home before the night creatures walk the forest grounds." 
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

It wasn't long before someone was shaking him awake, or at least it hadn't seemed like very long. At first, he didn't respond, but when the distant calling of a voice reached him, he went to it. It was hazy at first, but he could hear her voice clearly now, he was close. "Em..ma?" he asked, slowly opening his eyes, blinking them until his vision cleared. When the beautiful maiden from the village came into his view, he smiled. "Emma..." he managed before she began explaining to them that they needed to leave.

"Right," he nodded, slowly picking himself up and staggering about on his feet. His head throbbed, but that was likely from having used up all his energy, then standing up too quickly. "Ugh, ok.. Let's get out of here," he said, smiling as he walked toward the village of Hyarka. He couldn't help but wonder if she'd been hurt, but now wasn't the time for questions like that.

[Sorry, it is moot. Crap. Worthless. Lolz I didn't have much to add on there. =(]

Edhel Tari

(No..no, its fine)

Quickly, Emma gathered her things, with the remaining berries in her basket and moved up next to Leon putting her arm around his waist.  "If you need support just lean on me."  She offered.  If he could walk all the way to her house, it would be a miracle.  But she had to admit, he did have stamina, and she admired him for it.  As they passed where they had been sitting, she scooped up his sword and handed it to him, knowing they might need it along the way.

After walking for about an hour, she found a place where the rocks were high enough he could sit for a while and she could check his bandage.  Guiding him over to the side of the road she watched as he sat down.  "It is not too much farther now.  But you need to let me look at that leg."  Getting on her knees, she took the now dirty bandage off and laid it aside.  Carefully, she took out the salve she had put into the wound to help it heal.   The wound looked angry, but at least it wasn't getting infected, that was a plus.  This time she smashed the fresh leaves without water and put it inside the wound, again re-wrapping it with all the dressings she had left, which wasn't as much as she wanted.

Looking up at him, she looked into his eyes.  He looked tired, and care worn.  "When we arrive at the house, you must refresh yourself and then lay down until supper.  You do not look well Leon."  She said, reaching up and touching his forehead with a worried look.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon would walk on his own. That was his decision, this dear girl had already done so much for him, the least he could do was make things easy for her. Besides, there was no way he would give in to his own pain and force a woman to carry his burden. This was his doing and he planned on dealing with it. After they walked quite a ways away from their meeting place, Leon found himself being directed toward a rock formation that was oddly perfect enough for them to rest on.

He watched her as she was back at work, taking care of his injured leg. "Emma, you are much to kind to me... You don't even know who I am, or what I am doing in this dangerous forest," he explained, but he couldn't bring himself to tell such a sweet girl that the rest of the world had been slaughtered. Everyone was dead, the last remaining hope was him and Hyarka Village. He just hoped that the Dark Lord, Kizare, wasn't planning on storming this village, at least not yet. Leon would die if that were to happen, his condition was too meager to hope to fight off a force like he had several days ago.

He flushed a little when her hand touched his head. "Come now, we best get moving," he told her, trying to avoid any more stalling.

Edhel Tari

Emma scowled at him.  Perhaps if she truly knew who he was, she wouldn't be so free with him.  But as far as she was concerned he was just another man.  As he said she didn't even know him and they needed to move on, her back stiffened in protest, her fists dug into her sides as she stood up.  "I may be merely 17 years of age, but by every account, I am a woman.  And I know how and when someone is ready to move on a wounded leg, I'll have you know.  So don't be trying to boss the physician around, my dear soldier.  I'll not have it!"  She said, stomping one of her small feet on the ground, causing some dust to rise.

But then she bent down, put her things away, placed the basket on her arm and prepared to continue.  Looking at him with a smug face, she said, "NOW, I think we should go."
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon just stood there, surprised that she would be so hurt by his words. He was speechless, unable to really process that she'd gone off on him. He had never challenged her womanhood, nor did he plan to, especially not now. He almost flinched at her when she'd stamped her foot down, but he was a master swordsman, after all. Confused, he stood up, eying her carefully. "Emma.. I didn't mean anything by it. I wasn't trying to hurt you," he explained, feeling bad for her. Turning to walk, the two began their trek out of the forest.

Seventeen? She's just under my own age, he thought quietly, keeping to himself for the rest of the walk through the forest. Emma may be the one with the power to save this world, so I guess it is a good thing that she is a little fiery. It would certainly help.

Edhel Tari

Perhaps Emma had taken it the wrong way, but she was tired of people telling her what to do.  But still, she quickly walked up beside him, taking his hand into hers.  Glancing up at him, she said, "Just in case you get weak, I will have your hand."  Of course, that wasn't why she did it. It was because she rather liked this strong headed man, and she didn't want him lost in the woods without her. 

"We cut off this way"  She pointed towards a thick patch of trees.  "We live just on the other side."  Looking up into the sky she knew she had less than an hour before her parents would arrive.  "I've lost so much time.  I will need to hurry and prepare their meal as soon as we arrive.  But I'll fix something small for you to hold you over until supper."  She smiled at him.  "Then you lay down until they arrive."   She guided down the very narrow path she had created, taking the same route every time she went out to gather berries.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon smiled, his cheeks glowing a slight hint of red. "Yes, uhm.. Right," he said, firmly, yet gently, clutching her hand in his. He knew he wasn't going to fall over, but her touch was too irresistable to fight against. He just warmly held her hand in his and allowed her to lead the way, while he kept vigilant of any more attackres along the way.

He didn't really want to go rest, he needed to see the village elder as soon as possible, but he could wait just one day... Couldn't he? He looked up at the sky, noticing that the sun was sinking below the horizon, or at least it, would be soon. He sighed heavily, today had been a long day. He smiled when he saw the forest exit, noticing a small cluster of homes, with one a little larger then the others. That was likely the village elder's home, or a soup kitchen.

Edhel Tari

Emma was so happy to see the village.  But they still had to cross the square to her house on the other side.  "Just over there, and you will be safe."  She said pointing out her home.  Turning she careful walked down the small hill that would get them to the flat land of the valley. Once they were both on level ground, she led him into the village towards the center.  All eyes were upon them, as each person outside looked upon the stranger.

"Emma, who is this man with you?"  One older woman asked as she approached.   "I found him in the woods, he is hurt and I am taking him to my parent's home to be cared for."  She answered the woman straight forwarded.    "But Emma, what will you parent's say?"  A young man asked, eyeing the stranger suspiciously.  "They will say I have the heart of a saint for taking in a wayward traveler."  She countered.   So sure was she that her parents would not be upset, it never entered her mind.

Soon they were at the front door, with a parade of people following behind.  Her parents would be home within the half hour, she had much to do and no time for dawdlers.   Opening the door, she guided Leon in and motioned to good steady chair in the corner.  "Rest there and I shall give you broth, cheese and bread."

Quickly she began to start her tasks, including the ones she was late in starting.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

He looked around to all of the people, following their uncertain glares. He wanted to say something for himself, but Emma was insistent and dragged him along with her quickly. She really was in a hurry to get things done, Leon noted. He smiled to her, wanting to help, but she quickly ushered him to a chair and told him to wait while she acquired his things. Nodding, Leon found himself bored and rested his head on the table, but before he knew it... He was asleep, breathing lightly in his newly found slumber.

Edhel Tari

Emma had her back to Leon, as she prepared some sliced apples, cheese and a slice of fresh bread.  Turning to place it in front of him, she was stopped by the sight of his head nested inside his arms.  Putting the plate down, she tipped her head to one side and looked just stole long looks at him.  "You poor man, I should've just put you to bed.  Now I dare not wake you up, nor move you."  She didn't take her eyes from him for a long time, wondering what it would be like to touch him, to run her fingers through his hair.

Slowly she leaned into the table, reaching across with her hand, letting her finger tip slide through the soft strands.  She couldn't help but smile.  If anyone were to walk in at this moment, what would they think of her boldness?  Sighing and pulling back, she swallowed hard, turned and set about preparing the evening meal.  She still had bread from the night before, she would make new loaves tonight and have them ready for the morrow.  Once the meat and potatoes were bubbling, she began on the blackberry pie.  Tonight she would prepare a feast for her parents and their guest and, hopefully, they will allow Leon to stay until he is well, if not longer.
(Shakespeare)

TheWhiteEmperor

While dreaming...
"Huh? Anesha! Noo..!!" he cried, watching as his wife to be and long-time friend was cut down before him. "Damn you!" he cried, but before he could act, a powerful blast knocked into him. Electrical energy coursing through his body as a powerful being stood before him, laughing sickly at his misfortune. The shadowy figure stomped on Leon's head.

Sadly, and much to Leon's dismay, the sleep that he so dearly needed was cut short. His body convulsed at the dream he'd been having, sending him crashing to the floor. The impact, and loud sound of his body hitting the floor, knocked him into reality and he looked around, heart pumping quickly as he was awoken so abruptly. "Oh, phew.. It was just a dream," he mumbled, scrambling to his feet before beginning to look for Emma.

Rubbing his lower back, he sighed as he could feel a knot growing. "Mmh, Emma..?" he sighed, wondering where she'd gone.

[OOC || Eh, crappy.. Sorry.]