Soulblades - Sakura Fubuki University [Teachers wanted]

Started by AndyZ, July 05, 2012, 05:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Eislynn

*Sigh* Okay AndyZ... I give in. Count me in too...  ;D

Just don't be surprised if I start to drown a little - This will be my first time playing more than one character at a time - Let alone THREE.

By the way AribethAmkiir, I promise I'm not stalking you, lol - It's all AndyZ's fault. He directed me to all three of these games. I think he knows too much about my interests, haha.:)

*character coming soon*

AribethAmkiir

Hey a little stalking never hurts, just as long as you don't come looking in my windows.  :P

Seriously, it's always nice to meet people with like interests... but you're playing 3 characters?   wow

Isengrad

It's been a good while since I have been on Elliquiy, and I would love to throw my hat into the ring for this one. I would be more then happy to provide a charater prifile tomorrow once I have the time. I just caught this at the end of the day and I should be going to bed soon.

original artwork by karabiner

Iblis121

Name: Hideo Saitou
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Description: At 6'8 and 195 pounds, Hideo is sure to come off as lanky and stringy to passers by. It isn't until he begins to move that one realizes just how easily and gracefully he carries his height, displaying fluidity that perfectly complements his usual, laid back demeanor. His face plainly shows his Japanese decent as does the straight, jet black hair atop his head, though the view is usually impeded by a beanie of some kind. While he will usually go out of his way to avoid being the center of attention and is known for generally being a relaxed guy, Hideo has a very dynamic personally, and has been known to have moments in which he's very animated.

History: According to the social structure of Japan, Hideo was born into failure, being of Burakumin blood. Burakumin are a Japanese minority and are the descendants of feudal era outcasts. They were and have always been vehemently discriminated against, and it was due to this discrimination that Hideo's parents, Mika and Daisuke, relocated the family to America in 1995. Though it was probably for the best, the Saitou family ended up living in a ghetto for a long while. They were thankful for even that though, happy that their ancestry would no longer hinder them.

The Saitou line, in addition to being the descendants of feudal undertakers, had always been infamous in japan for being being lairs as well, speaking of Soulblades and being unable to prove that they possessed them. It was true that those who'd so grandly announced their Soulblade were often liars, and it was this small fraction of the Saitous that gave the family such a bad reputation. The chosen few who did possess Soulblades, more often than not, were just wise enough to keep quiet about them, as they didn't desire such attention. That had been a long time, ago, however, and belief in the mystical weapons fell to the wayside over the centuries. Those among the Saitou family who continued to speak of such things in recent times were often called crazy, their words disregarded as babbling, whether the words were true or not. Hideo's parents were sure not to speak of the weapons, in fear that they would be labeled in America the same way their family had been labeled in Japan.

That being said, Hideo had a rather normal life growing up, though he didn't have much. He was a rude, impudent and disrespectful hoodlum like the rest of the kids in his neighborhood. He stole and began drinking and smoking at a young age, though his behavior was just a guise, an act so that he could be accepted. Truth was he was more than pleasant, though the only people who'd seen this side of him were his parents. It wasn't until he was thrown under the bus by his so called friends and was almost put in a Juvenile Detention Center that he stopped acting so harshly. He began caring less and less about acceptance and more about being himself, naturally causing most to leave him be and only the most genuine of his friends to gravitate toward him. With his sudden change of behavior, he drifted to the edge of the social circle in his neighborhood, but learned to accept, and then enjoy that position as he began focusing on other things.

In those later, more secluded years, Hideo dedicated himself to righting what he'd done so wrong in the past. He bettered himself in school, vastly improving himself academically. He was no genius, but he was happy with his B's and C+'s. He also ceased his unsavory behavior, though he did continue drinking and smoking. This continued from late middle school all the way through high-school. Unfortunately, despite wanting to continue his education, acquiring all the necessary loans and such to attend a college was beyond his or his parents' power at the moment, and he got a job instead. He made very little money, but every bit helped and he hopped to save enough for college in time. It was one set of coincidental events that would change things, though. For better or worse, he wasn't sure.

On his way home from worked he was mugged by several armed thugs and used his powers to tip the scales in his favor. In the heat of the moment, he shifted into his translucent form, forced the pistol from the nearest thug's hand and shot the man. Despite the fact that the thug was alive, Hideo ran, both to escape the muggers and out of fear of the consequences of that shot. He didn't return home for at least a day, but when he did return it hardly mattered. His parents had been made aware of the situation, save for his powers, by several mysterious men. To both Hideo and his parents' surprises, though, rather than take him into custody they offered him a spot in college. Of course Hideo accepted, despite the fact that he'd never heard of the college.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Soulblade: A darkly colored M1 Garand with a WWII era japanese sword bayonet. The lacquered wooden stock and fore stock are dyed black, while the bolt, chamber, muzzle and bayonet are a dull, gunmetal grey. Wisps of dark, smoke-like vapors roll off the weapon when it is drawn, a constant reminder of it's mystical nature.

The gun fires in two firing modes which can be switch at will with little more than a thought: Semi-Auto fire and Three-Round Burst. While the gun's clips lack any real limit as far as ammo goes, the clip actually does need to be ejected. However, rather than having to eject a clip after every six shots, the clip must be ejected with every confirmed kill, something to be considered in battle. Once the clip is ejected, another materializes in it's place The M1 Garand's signature "PING!" noise is often used in combination with Hideo's special power, allowing him to change firing positions while his enemy is drawn to the position he'd been in when the noise had been heard.

As to be suspected, the gun doesn't fire conventional ammunition. The bullets spawned in the clips, despite appearing to be a type of glowing metal, is actually a form of energy projectile that burns white-hot and explodes on impact, much like a hollow-point bullet. As with all other Soulblades, human beings cannot be harmed by the weapon. If a shot is fired at a human, it will feel, at most, like soft but quick tap, with a gust of wind standing in for the violent explosion. If an attempt to stab or slash a human is made with the bayonet, depending on the situation, the weapon will phase through them, causing a tingling sensation, or simply vanish.

In addition to being a reliable weapon, the M1 Garand is also sentient and vocal. It isable to project it's voice directly into Hideo's mind, or out in the open for all to hear.

*As for what it's voice sounds like, think Steve Blum

Special Power: Stealth. His special ability gives him the means to stalk his enemies and hide from pursuers. These means include limited transparency, hushed footsteps and the ability to throw his voice, as well as the sounds of his Soulblade (i.e. ejected a clip, taking a shot, the sound of an empty clip *PING!*, etc.). Despite all this, it is still perfectly possible to detect him. His ability doesn't inhibit scent and doesn't hide his heat signature. It is also possible to see him if he merely stands out in the open, as his translucent body distorts the images of objects viewed through his body. That said, he must still take advantage of his environment to get the most out of his ability.

AndyZ

Hideo Saitou - Approved

We're starting to get male heavy.  I'll approve more males if people want them but I'd like people to start thinking about females if at all possible.  Also, if someone wants to help out with NPCs as an assistant, that'd be great.

Anyone have any opinions on which category they want this game in?  By default, I intend to go with Extreme and just keep track of people's individual Offs, but it can be toned down to whatever.

Also, another question answered on the top thread: I have no issue if you want your soulblade to be able to talk.

I'll put up the OOC and Character Thread spots as soon as we know where we want this game.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Iblis121

...Oh HELL yes I want my Soul Blade to talk! I'll edit that into Hideo's profile. I didn't even know that was an option lol

As for which category, I'm not sure. I guess it can go in Extreme, since that would cover just about everything.

I also agree that we're a bit male heavy right now. I just don't play female characters. Terrible at it, really xD

AndyZ

Yeah, I don't force people to play genders that they don't want to, and I'll accept more males.  I just hope that if someone is on the fence about gender, they'll decide to go female, so that more of the boys can get paired up.

I'll do my best to throw down the various NPCs for people, but I'm not very talented at F>M.  Maybe I can get an assistant...

Just so folks know, going Extreme doesn't mean that I'm going to throw in crazy amounts of stuff that's clearly listed in people's Offs, though it could mean that blood, gore and viscera will be more common (though not in a sexual way, by any means) as monsters kill people and people kill monsters.

TheHangedOne

Extreme, as a category, works for me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

OOC Thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145691.0

So is the Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145695.0

If necessary, I will come up with specifics as to the map of the place, but otherwise I just expect to give some notes on the opening IC post.

Rysmarin

Tentatively finished with Reginald's history. Let me know what you think.

History
Regi was a privileged child, born into a rich, influential family. He was a well behaved and kind kid when he was younger... but as with almost all children, that changed with puberty. Regi became rebelious towards his structured life style, finally irritated by the rules, lessons, and expectations he had to tip-toe around to do anything at all.

So, when he was fifteen, he ran away. Of course, it didn't take more than a few days before he was forced to go back by a police officer. He hadn't even done poorly on his own, finding that his own artistic talent and the lessons he'd been given on the subject granted him much needed revenue, though he'd never admit to it to his mother. Nor could he admit to his father that his lessons in business had helped him barter for the necessities of life while he was "out on his own." He couldn't even say he didn't feel a bit guilty for making his parents worry for him enough to put together a search party and file a missing persons claim. But his time outside the walls of their mansion did change him.

He'd seen the world through jaded glasses, and knew what it was like to live below his parents standards. While it made him rougher around the edges, it made him a more... wholesome person. Far less the selfish, bratty child of wealthy parents and more an empathetic man seeking knowledge. After that, he had a clear goal in life. When he "graduated" from his home schooling, he got into college. He chose to major, unsurprisingly, in creative arts... but he also had a somewhat unanticipated eye towards teaching, taking education as his minor. He learned how to better his skill as an artist and and help others do the same through expressions of color, words, sound.

He got his degree and started drudging through the horrific state of being a stubstitute teacher, traveling and finding work where he could. Eventually, he was offered a real teaching job. Given that he was barely scraping out a living as a substitute, who in their right mind would have expected him to deny the chance to take up what was more or less his dream job?

AndyZ

Reginald Alderson - Approved

If you want to retweak the history a bit more, you're welcome to, though I don't personally consider it necessary.

Sasquatch421

I'm interested in joining as well. I'll be willing to create a female character to help even things out. I'm not the best at them, but practice makes perfect right?

Give me a bit to come up with a character... I have a soulblade in mind, but need to build a character around it. If lucky it will be up tonight, but if not I'll have her up tomarrow....

Vaulera

AndyZ

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on July 10, 2012, 08:16:53 PM
I'm interested in joining as well. I'll be willing to create a female character to help even things out. I'm not the best at them, but practice makes perfect right?

Give me a bit to come up with a character... I have a soulblade in mind, but need to build a character around it. If lucky it will be up tonight, but if not I'll have her up tomarrow....

I'm sure people will be glad to help out if you're not sure what to do in a given situation.  I can't wait to see your character.

Quote from: Vaulera on July 10, 2012, 09:33:08 PM
Is there still room for another female?

Yep ^_^

Vaulera

(Tell me if you want a more realistic picture, I see most of the people went with real people or american art style,)
Name: Sophia Thorn
Sexual Preference: Hetero
Description: Sophia is a very slight individual, standing at a small 5,2 and only weighing a little over 130 pounds. She gives off an impression of fragility, her gentle features and small size suggesting just that, but her muscles are wiry and strong and her psyche far more jaded than her quiet demeanor and girlish tendencies might suggest. Her odd dark green hair color is completely self inflicted, her only reasoning when asked being, "It matches my eyes."
History: Sophia is the daughter of two wealthy entrepreneurs, two people not born into money. She was raised with the values of any other middle class do-good kid, taught to respect, understand and contribute to her peers, elders and minors. From the age of five, she was taught to play the violin, to cook, to clean and dance, a regular prodigy in the making. She was entered into a most trusted private school as soon as possible and Sophia displayed a great aptitude for the arts and the academic, but her social skills were lacking, her own moral values hardly meshing with the others of the upper class. She stayed in the private elementary school for five years, her own maturity quite advanced, not helping her alienation. After those five years, she was appalled with the moral shortcomings of her peers, and requested that her parents move her to a more normal middle-class public school.

Much to her chagrin, Sophia was only marginally better off in the standard public school, her wealth and knowledge, combined with her driving morality, even at a young age, she was a mature and responsible individual. She finished her ten years of elementary school there, making a few friends, her outlook a little less complex, a result of her trying to fit in even a little better. Sophia had taken up a few more hobbies, along with her music and dance, she had taken an avid interest in fencing, a fairly common interest among the upper class, not so much in upper class girls. Sophia's studies in school were exceptional, a true prodigy now, moving on to do grade twelve studies in her second year of high school. Throughout her high school year, she was particularly interested in the working class, the poverty and the crime that covered cities throughout the world, the plight that those less fortunate than herself had piqued her interest thoroughly. When she graduated with the second highest mark in her class, Sophia didn't apply immediately to the universities that would have no doubt accepted her without hesitation.

Sophia worked at the needle exchanges, the soup kitchens, the shelters, wherever she would be taken, all to get closer to the dark and shady life of the unfortunate, the addicted and the criminal. Her ignorance and naivete disappeared just as quickly as her optimism, the moral bankruptcy of the people walking the streets in the poorer sections of town. Sophia continued on for an entire year without much incident, but one night, whilst she was waiting for her family servant to pick her up, she was attacked by a man, a hardened and merciless criminal, criminal acts including murder and rape, but not limited to. Her plight was desperate but short lived, Sophia fended off her attacker, in shock when her servant arrived. Within a few days of her event, she had recovered and decided to go to college, still disturbed by the attack, but by the apparition, not the attacker. She was looking through her college options, before being approached by agents of a school previously unheard of. Sophia accepted without hesitation.

Soulblade: Sophia's soulblade is a magnificent and gilded rapier, a lustrous and glowing silver, much longer and sharper than a regular sword, light as a feather and possessing a large guard, form fitting to her small hands, along with the handle and hilt.
Special Power: The special power of her soulblade is the power over terror and other such nightmares, an ironic power for such a gentle girl. The limits and extents of her powers are simple, to induce terror or nightmarish visions, Sophia or her sword must be in contact with the intended target. The visions don't last very long, only a minute and a half at their longest, but they are potent. It could be your deepest darkest fear, spiders, snakes, demons or monsters, but all of it is visualized by the target, others watching would just see the person flailing, screaming or petrified.

Sasquatch421

Name: Lihua Xiao
Sexual Preference: bi-curious
Description: Lihua is a more athletic type of girl standing only at 5'4" and weight wise? You know it's not polite to ask don't you? She always seems to have a smile on her face and even though her body might not be the envy of every girl in school, her long hair that always seems to fall perfectly might be. Even though Lihua might be good natured she does have an anger that comes out when pressed enough.

History: Whoever came up with the phrase "Blonde's have more fun" has obviously not met Lihua. The only daughter of a constantly moving Chinese family she pretty much has been spoiled, but rather then turning out like most spoiled children Lihua focused on making her parents as happy as she could. Of course she never forgot about herself either as she was constantly sneaking out to party. Although as much as she went out strangely enough her grades never suffered.

Acquiring a taste for heavy metal and rock, Lihua did the unthinkable. She actually helped out her parents even more then before and earned the money for her first guitar and amp herself. Her Dean Cemetery Gates model Razorback is her favorite possession and she practices with it constantly.

While at her high school she met other girls with the same taste. Forming their own band they met occasionally after school to jam. During one of the jam sessions tragedy struck when a pair of burglars broke into Lihua's home. Unfortunately her parents were home at the time and were both killed.

Overcome with rage Lihua spent her time after classes trying to track the murderers down. She never did find them, but she did find her mothers locket at a local pawn shop. Buying it back she always wears it to remember. The rest of high school changed for her as Lihua focused on trying to make the spirits of her parents proud. She didn't make the very top of her class at graduation, but she still made the top ten.

During this time Lihua also discovered Shamanism. While her parents had not been religious, she herself looked for comfort in anyplace she could. The first place she turned was her music and the second was researching different things. She is still a beginner at it, but she is learning quickly.

Then a college rep made her an offer and back to her normal ways Lihua asked if there was any places that got great concert's nearby.

Soulblade: Lihua's soulblade is a meteor hammer and it's chain can extend as needed.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Special Power: Animal Mimicry~ Lihua can mimic the physical traits of various animals, like the senses of a wolf, the claws of a tiger or the climbing ability of a squirrel.

I believe I'll stick with playing Lihua since she is already coming together in my head. I'll put in the history and special power when I get home from work....

AndyZ

Vaulera, Sophia looks great except that nobody will have their soulblade yet at the start of the game, as well as that soulblades don't work on humans, just monsters.  I'm happy with both real and anime pictures, so no worries there.  Also, if you want me to change the headmistress so you're the only one with a rapier, let me know and I shall.

Sasquatch421, if you'd rather play a male, we're starting to get closer to equalizing the groups, but you're quite welcome to play a female also ^_^

Vaulera

Cool, thanks for the clarification, changing that now. I'm fine with replica soulblades, doesn't mean they have to be the same person, powers may be different.

AndyZ

Vaulera

Besides, a rapier and an epee are different swords! They are even in different fencing classifications.

Eislynn

Sorry this is taking me so long. Here's a placeholder:

Name: Angelia (Angie) Hart
Occupation: Professor of public speaking - Also a Registered Nurse.
Sexual Preference: Straight

Miyu

Name: Makoto Kirame
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Description: She is a girl that always dress in bright colors and love to wear skirts due to the fact that she can move easier on them. She is well known to love music, her voice is amazing however she does not believe it. Normally she wears normal clothing or whatever she can find that looks cute on her, she hates the color pink to death and nobody has ever seen her with pink clothing.
History:

Being the daughter of a millionaire man gave Mako no real room for friends, most of them were too intimidated by the thought of her father. Ever since little she always got whatever she wanted however that became boring with time since she did not had to work for much of anything. She grew up always trying her best in everything she did, that went from a simple homework to more complicated stuff. She always lived by her family motto to always be the best. She graduated high school with honors however her parents had a surprise for her.

They enrolled her into one of the most recognized universities in the world, Harvard. However after a big fight with her parents she walked out from their home and made her way to a university she has been keeping a eye on. There she aimed to go to the archery club since she always had a love for archery and she was very good at it. She got herself a dorm and payed by her with the money she saved until then which was quite a lot.

Soulblade: Diamond Bow (shown in picture above)
Special Power: Alchemy- She is able to change the properties of anything Nonliving that she touches. She can make steel out of a piece of wood  or can turn her arrows into any shape or material she wishes. She can also hold the spell in a arrow so whatever it hits change properties into whatever she wants.

AndyZ

Kaisude

Name: Deryn Labeau
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Description: Six foot two two-hundred and twenty four pounds Deryn is finally tuned athletic machine. Short military cut black hair. His eyes an intense leaf green that sometimes are lighter in the sun. His skin is a shade away from pale, but if in the sun long enough it's the perfect tan. Most of the time Deryn is known to wear a hoodie with just a t-shirt under. Some track pants everything he needs to work out.
History: Deryn grew up in the slums of Jacksonville Florida, and without a father. His mother a creole woman who knew what she was getting herself in to when she met Deryn's father. After Deryn was born his father left with nothing for him, but a last name Kingsly. That's all Deryn's mother would tell him about the man. Though with his fathers personality intact his mother couldn't help but fear that Deryn would be just like his father and leave her as well, but that wasn't the case at all. Deryn since he could throw a punch had made a declaration to protect his mother and himself. The slums was  the perfect place to do so, because if someone wanted something they would take it. Between getting jacked and almost dying twice he had to learn to survive.

His mother didn't approve of his decisions, but at many times Deryn had been there to save her from an unruly man. By necessity Deryn's mother was in the business of being a prostitute with out a pimp. As his mother didn't approve of his actions, Deryn didn't approve of hers. Though they came to an understanding as he wanted to protect his mother, and she wanted to provide for her son. School wasn't a bust though, Deryn had average grades but excelled in physical education. Through highschool Deryn hadn't pursued any of the schools academic sports available. Deryn was a fighter and boxing was his thing, and after years of it Deryn had gained a name for himself. "Knuckles," as in even if you wanted to say hi he's always ready. Though with that name came a road Deryn had prepared himself physically, but mentally he had no idea.

His mother had been killed in a car accident on a very rainy day. Handling his problems like  he always did Deryn fought and fought. He fought his way in to a gang who instead of killing decided to make him one of their own. Of course he went through the initiation and to him it was nothing. Roaming with his new family Deryn found himself in next near death experience. In the mall his gang had roamed four deep. A rival gang had also been in the same mall that day, and neither of the gangs liked each other. from shit talking to a gun being drawn Deryn was ready. He eyed the trigger man from the beginning and as he blinked Deryn struck. Though he threw a regular punch to the face it landed with so much intensity that it knocked the other man off of his feet and sent him flying back a good ways. Had he actually done that? Something he had to worry about later, guns drawn escalates really fast, and his first instinct to survive. Deryn escaped without a scrape but some some random bullet holes in clothes. After that day Deryn had been pestered with people who were persistent in him going to their college. He didn't care what they offered at first, but he thought of his mother and what she had told him to do. She told him to survive, and going to this college he would be able to. Accepting the offer finally Deryn didn't know what to expect, but all he knew was that he was ready.

Soulblade:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Special Power: Exact Muscle Control - Deryn is given the ability to physically move his body faster or slower. I.E In a fight if Deryn were to be punched he has the ability to push his body past its limits and accelerate his movements. Say he was to throw a punch, and the opponent was to dodge he could slow his initial burst from the punch to change it's direction and continue through by accelerating his body. Even with his own physical strengths the power is a costly and can fatigue Deryn greatly should he over use his ability.