Homebrew DnD 5e *Sort of Evil* Campaign

Started by ChoraAzalee, April 11, 2016, 11:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoraAzalee

Hello all,  I'm just seeing if there's interest in a campaign of my design for 5e Dnd.  It's set in the harsh and gritty world of Duskan, where each township or city is a state of its own and has no true ruler of the land.  This creates a few safe havens in the midst of violent and lawless wilderness.  The party will be a group of seedy mercenaries all who've been working together for a while now on small time jobs, but you've just gotten your big break.  Your contract manager, Avro, has just gotten you a job protecting a caravan going from your home city of Vallon to the township of Deraford.  However, Avro has also been hired to hijack said caravan and bring it to a hidden bandit hideout.  You'll have to play accordingly until you get far enough away from the city of Vallon, then turn on the caravan, steal its contents and then bring it to the hideout.

I am into nc bondage and so there'll probably be a bit.... or a whole lot... of that.

If you're interested please let me know here or pm with a character idea.

Thanks!

Hobbes1266

I have a halfling ranger who was raised by orcs rolled up that I never got to use. This could be fun.

eternaldarkness

Very interested. Also, prepare to be bombarded with potential players. 5E is super-popular.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

I'm in as a Tiefling monk I've used before and somewhat fallen in love with the concept of. Now, you say sort of evil... as a monk, should I be going Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MisoThe Mouse

Not familiar with 5e, but i have played pathfinder before. Interested

Zaer Darkwail

I got couple chars ready for 5th edition (first level chars). So voice interest, if we start higher I can update chars as needed.

freeko

I have a cleric that should quite easily be able to fit into this style of game myself. I think that means I am putting my interest into this as well.

Elven Sex Goddess

I like to throw interest into this.   Have a idea for the following.   

Half-Orc, Barbarian

HopeFox

This sounds like fun! I might like to play a roving mercenary/bandit as a priest of one of the more aggressive and rapacious deities of the setting. Maybe a half-elf.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

RubySlippers

AndyZ

I think I'll go for a Draconic Sorcerer/ess.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ChoraAzalee

So there's quite a bit of interest it seems.  I'm going to be sending out pms over the next day to those I'm inviting to my game.  I'm sorry I can't take everyone but thank you for responding so positively.  I'm going for 5-6 players.  If I don't get a response fairly quickly then i'll move on to the next person.  Once I have a full group I'll post the list here as well as IC, OOC, and Character sheet threads.

As for the source material Ill take PHB, Sword Coast, and Elemental Evil.  I may accept other features from unearthed arcana on a case by case basis, but I'm pretty set against non-WotC material.

RubySlippers

Okay then I would like to offer as a character a "black sheep" of a noble family as in she doesn't do bad things because she needs the money but rather its amusing to slum with the commoners. She will be either a Fighter OR a Wizard with the Diviner or Enchantment focus in her magic depending on the needs of the group. And the Waterhavian Noble background well not from that city obviously but a known noble family who covers her little expenses with her signet ring imprint or signature (and who always has a responsible relative finding her to tell her to be more responsible to when in the city). She will be NE not so much lusting for power but more she is not a very nice noble.

Elven Sex Goddess

Character sheet submitted and background sent pm  ChoraAzalee

Zaer Darkwail

RubySlippers: I just mention that I have made a wizard and send it on PM to ChoraAzalee and he has been approved, so if you want avoid stacking two wizards to same party you could roll a figther (or perhaps even swashbuckler archtype aiming rogue).

AndyZ

Were we supposed to PM, or just wait to see who gets contacted?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, GM send PM to me first along with char gen info, so I advice you to wait but you can talk about what chars your going to play in here suppose :)

AndyZ

I have ideas for anything except Ranger ^_^

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 14, 2016, 12:22:01 AM
RubySlippers: I just mention that I have made a wizard and send it on PM to ChoraAzalee and he has been approved, so if you want avoid stacking two wizards to same party you could roll a figther (or perhaps even swashbuckler archtype aiming rogue).

The first post asked for concepts why would I do a character without approval?

But I like fighters they are useful and in this game very fun, with all kind of options, there is nothing wrong with fighting well.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I thought mention my char so you know there is a wizard char already approved in (as you considered to make wizard). You can still go for a wizard (there is tons archtypes and unless you roll a tiefling race also in then your racially different also). But some GM's prefer variety in classes/races more than similarities (seen game adds like 'no more elf raced chars' and such).

But I myself approve figthers also, in 5th edition all classes are pretty good and have solid spots in and can be quite versatile. Any ideas for archtype for your figther? My archtype as wizard is still in air, enchantment is possible thanks high charisma as secondary stat but can go basically anything.

Lyku

IS there room for one more and if so, what role needs to be filled?
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Elven Sex Goddess

My submission is a half orc barbarian.   Still undecided on path   

Lyku

...Two Handed Champions are the way to go... but that's just me.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman