Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireandblood

Robin grinned to see the Doctor reeling from her hit. It was nice to know she was strong enough to deliver a good, hard punch if she needed to. Even if it did hurt her hand... But what her friend was saying made absolutely no sense. If this wasn't aliens, it had to be... Really Hogwarts. A school of witchcraft and wizardry that was the setting of a world-famous book series.

Which was, of course, totally impossible.

"I'd love to take a look," she said, smiling up at the Doctor as he rubbed his jaw. "If we're in Hogwarts, you need to go to the Hospital Wing and see Madam Pomfrey." The words, though strange, sounded natural to Robin's ears after having read the books so many times. Hogwarts! She couldn't believe it... It seemed too good to be true.

Villain

"Oh no, I'm not wasting any time getting seen to by a fictional nurse and being force fed chemicals of unknown origin. I know exactly where to go," the Doctor said before turning around a corner, narrowly avoiding a gang of kids, that dodged past him with a giggle. "We're going straight to the top. We're going to find Dumble-"

"Professor Smith!" The shrill voice of an old woman called from behind them, causing the Doctor and Robin to come grinding to a halt. Standing behind them was a tall, stern looking old woman with jet black hair tied back under a pointed hat, cocked to one side. She was dressed in tartan patterned robes and was staring at the Doctor expectantly through square shaped glasses. "May I ask where you are going? Your lesson is about to begin."

The Doctor's mouth fell open, he turned his head slowly to Robin before turning back to the woman. "You're Professor McGonagall," he said with wonder, unable to fight the smile that was forming on his lips. "You are Professor Minerva McGonagall."

"I see your powers of observation are not going to waste Professor Smith," Professor McGonagall said pointedly. "May I ask why you are not in lesson?"

"I don't go to school. I'm a grown man," the Doctor replied dumbly causing the Professor to sigh heavily and roll her eyes.

"Of course you don't, that's why you are a professor," she spoke in a tired voice before turning to glance at Robin. "Really Mrs Smith, I really thought you would keep your husband in check. His talent with magic is unquestionable, but he must improve his organizational skills. He has been late to every lesson he has taught for the last week."

"W-Wait, what?" the Doctor asked in alarm, his cheeks burning as he rapidly looked back and fourth from the old woman to Robin. "I-I...w-what? I work here? With my wife?"

"You are the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor!" Professor McGonagal exclaimed. "Now hop to it if you would care to be so gracious. You and your wife have a class to teach!" She said before shooing them away.

The Doctor just stared at the old woman in complete bafflement, swallowing slowly before nodding, "Y-yeah...okay....I will go and teach a class of kids about magic....because I work here...with my wife..." the Doctor said before turning on the spot and slowly making his way in the opposite direction.

"I am having serious trouble deciding if this is a dream or a nightmare," the Doctor breathed before looking left and right expectantly. "No...no... if it were a nightmare I would get that fat bloke in the tweed showing up with his annoying bird calls."

fireandblood

When the voice of the woman came from behind them, Robin spun on the spot, her hand flying to her mouth. Then her eyes bugged out as she realized who this woman was... Professor McGonagall. A fictional, stern witch was standing in front of them, reprimanding the Doctor for being late to teach a fictional class about magic. It was absurd, it was impossible...

And then it grew even more absurd when she turned to Robin and accused her of being the Doctor's wife. A choked laugh was all that Robin could muster under her duress; it was too much to fathom after what had happened. Helplessly, she looked at the Doctor, hoping he had some sort of plan. But then he was muttering about nightmares and she realized that he probably didn't.

"Um," she said, looking around in awe. "Um, we're in Hogwarts. And we just talked to Professor McGonagall. And as awesome as it is that she's exactly like she is in the books, that doesn't change the fact that this is completely impossible and you're supposed to be teaching a class that doesn't exist and I'm in the middle of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wearing a tank top, shorts, no shoes, and no bra." She crossed her arms over her chest self-consciously.

"Also I'm glad to hear you take the prospect of me being your wife as a nightmare. Personally I think I would be a great wife, even in a real relationship. But as it is now, Professor, I suggest we get to teaching our class! I better meet freaking Harry Potter!"

Villain

"I'm sure you would be a trophy wife and win awards in wifery, Robin," the Doctor replied, rolling his eyes with a sigh before taking off his anorak and handing it to Robin. "But, this is still a bit of a nightmare. She said I've taught here before. Did you hear that?" The Doctor asked as they walked down the corridor.

"She said I was late to several lessons, that implies that I have worked here for a short time," he said before reaching into Robin's coat pocket and pulled out his screwdriver again, scanning it over the corridor methodically. "Nothing I'm picking up is telling me that this place is artificial. Everything tells me that it's real, even though we both know that its impossible."

"Now, the first thought that comes to mind, is that we have traveled to the an alternate reality where evolution kicked in just enough to make their science become a literal physical manifestation, harbored from mental and verbal recognition," he paused for a second to look at Robin and see if she was keeping up before sighing and shaking. "In other words, magic, but magic is impossible. Magic is a word  that is used to explain unexplainable things."

"But...that still doesn't explain why its implied that we're native to this dimension. We're clearly dressed as we were before we left our arguably normal world, so how on earth could we live here?" the Doctor asked before coming to a halt outside a large door marked, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Professor's John Smith and Robin Smith.

"Ready to go teach kids magic Robin?" He asked as he looked at the sign dauntingly.

ooc: That last post of yours was hilarious :D

fireandblood

Robin rolled her eyes in return, accepting the Doctor's jacket grudgingly and pulling it on. It smelled like him... Slightly foreign but nice all the same. She took a discreet whiff as he spoke about their science becoming a physical manifestation. A word flashed through her head... A word that she thought must have come from the Doctor's memories. Carrionite.

Shaking her head, she walked with him down the corridor, hoping against hope that there was nothing sinister lurking here. Please just let this be fun, she thought to herself, before realizing something. They didn't have the TARDIS this time. As she opened her mouth to point this out, they stopped outside a door with their names on it. A shiver traveled down her spine as she looked at it... How could they have a classroom? They'd only just arrived.

"Yeah, this is very weird," she said in a whisper. "But I guess so. I really hope they're used to us being dressed strangely because we certainly are now. After you, Doctor."

ooc; Haha thank you! It was what I would have said in her situation  ;D

Villain

The Doctor straightened his bolo tie and watched the door with a thoughtful expression as he decided how exactly to enter the class room. After a few seconds thought, he kicked the door open and strode in, watching from the corner of his eye as a class of sixty children, all aged between eleven and twelve, stopped chattering and watched him with fascination.

The room was exactly how they would picture it to look. Skeletons of dangerous mythical creatures hung from the ceiling, tanks with various deadly creatures lined the walls, magical portraits hung on the walls and various bits of magical equipment lay in various places. There was a desk at the front of the room with two chairs behind it, lined with dark blue leather, the same color as the TARDIS.

The Doctor hovered at the front of the class room, unsure of exactly where to sit, before he finally made a decision of what to do.

"Raise your hands if you're in Slytherin," he called as he turned to the crowd of kids. A murmur of confusion passed through them, before fifteen children raised their hands.

"Keep them raised if your name is Draco Malfoy," he said and watched as fourteen hands dropped, leaving a young boy with bleach blonde hair and a cruel expression waving his arm in the air, staring at him with annoyance and confusion.

"Fantastic!" The Doctor spoke before putting his hands in his trouser pockets and pacing on the spot. "My name is the Doctor, ignore the name Professor Smith, that's a boring name that you can call my wife. I'm hear to teach you about defending yourself against the Dark Arts. Together we will make a mysterious journey through this magical world and learn just what dark arts are and how we can defend ourselves against them."

"Sir, can I put down my hand now?" Draco asked, unable to keep the spite out of his voice.

"No you may not Draco," the Doctor said before hoping into one of the chairs and putting his feet up on the desk. "No you may not."

fireandblood

Robin followed quickly after the Doctor, not wanting to be left behind in the strange castle. Looking around in awe, she watched the faces of the children, so young and excited, follow them down the middle of the room. Once they reached the front, she let the Doctor do the talking while she looked at all the things lining the walls. Here was the skeleton of a troll; there were the legs of an Acromantula; in the corner was a tank containing a Grindylow... It was really all too much for her, and a broad smile spread across her face.

When she turned around, Robin remembered that she was in front of a room full of expectant students. The Doctor seemed to be calling her boring, and still calling her his wife, which made her blush furiously. Also, he appeared to be in the middle of torturing Draco Malfoy. Resisting the urge to gape at the cruel, blonde little character, she sat beside the Doctor, looking at him witheringly.

"They're about to start calling me by my maiden name if you don't watch it, Doctor," she said, loudly enough for the class to hear. Several of them snickered softly. "And Draco, you may put your hand down."

Villain

"No Draco you may not, its important you keep your hand up. Please ignore my wife, she got hit by a confungus charm on the way to work," the Doctor said before glancing at Robin and then sighing as he saw the look on her face. "Okay Draco Malfoy, you can put your hand down," the Doctor said grudgingly and Draco put his arm down, casting a glare in his direction, which the Doctor noticed immediately.

"You know what? On second thought, put your hand back up," the Doctor said and gestured for Malfoy to raise him arm again. A look of disbelief quickly turned to anger as Draco put his arm up again.

"Now put it down," the Doctor said and Draco obeyed.

"Now put it back up again," he said and Draco did.

"Now put it down down" the Doctor commanded and Draco put his arm down again.

"Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down," the Doctor called watching as Draco continued to obey, trying his best not to snarl at his teacher as he lifted his arm up and down. "No move it left. Now right. Twirl it around," the Doctor ordered and watched Draco stare at him uncomprehendingly for a moment "I said twirl it, don't make me come over there!"

Draco began to slowly twirl his arm, beads of sweat ran down his head as the workout took its toll.

"Best...world destroying crisis...ever..." the Doctor breathed as he watched Draco grow tired from spinning his arm in a circle. "Draco you may now put your arm down and continue to be the little twerp that we love to watch fail."

fireandblood

As much as she wanted to laugh at the spectacle, Robin kept her cool. Draco was, in fact, an annoying twerp, but that didn't mean the Doctor needed to torture him in plain view of the other students. She lightly punched him on the knee before standing, smiling warmly at the classroom full of children. Mentally, she steeled herself, doing her best to sound natural.

"Class," she said, her voice echoing nicely around the room. "I'm sorry for the Doctor's rude antics. I'm afraid that he's the one who got hit by the Confundus charm on the way here, and he's not quite right yet. Just give him a few minutes and he'll be fine." Smiling at the students, as they seemed to be relaxing a little, she continued. "Now, what lesson are we supposed to be starting today? I'm afraid I've misplaced the plans."

A girl in the front row began waving her hand madly in the air. She had bushy hair and rather large front teeth, and she was wearing the red of Gryffindor. Robin grinned hugely at her and nodded.

"Please, Professor," the girl said, giving the immediate impression of being a likable know-it-all. "Today we're supposed to begin learning basic defensive spells."

"Right you are," Robin said with a laugh. "Five points to Gryffindor. You must be.. Hermione Granger." The girl nodded happily, looking pleased with herself. Robin sat back down. "Please turn to page two hundred and seventy-three, and take out your wands." Looking at the Doctor, her face grew very excited, and she lowered her voice to a whisper.

"Oh my God," she said, merely breathing the words. "I have always wanted to say, 'Five points to Gryffindor.' Also I just talked to Hermione Granger."

Villain

"You did indeed and sitting next to her are the other two kids that made parents fight over who got to read to their children before they went to bed," the Doctor said before vaulting over the desk and landing in front of the desk. Sitting next to Hermione were two boys, one with very red hair and a lot of freckles, while the other had wiry glasses and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead.

"Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, the other two members of this magical three musketeer act," the Doctor said as he leaned over the desk and balanced his hand on the palms of his hands. The three kids were staring at the Doctor in confusion and embarassment.

"Sir...shouldn't we start the lesson?" Harry asked, hesitantly.

"Why?" the Doctor replied absentmindely.

"Because... its your job to teach us," Harry said, sounding very uncomfortable.

"Why?" the Doctor asked again.

"To protect ourselves of course."

"From what?" the Doctor asked, tiliting his head to one side. "Monsters? Magic? Dragons? Dark Wizards?" he asked before shaking his head. "Oh no, there are amazing things in the universe but grouping them all under the term, magic, is a bit silly. A monster is a creature that is misunderstood. Magic is science that you don't understand. Dragons are various races of aliens that have visisted Earth at random points and Dark Wizards are nutty old fools that dress up in dark robes and start saying silly things like; The cosmic forces are at work!"

"You're wrong!" Ron suddenly barked at the Doctor, his ears turning a shade of pink as he glared at him. The Doctor just smiled at him softly before nodding.

"You're right, I am!" The Doctor cheered as he sank back and gestured to the class. "Okay then class, first things first. I'm going to be teaching you a very simple spell that can be used to fend off every single evil spell in the entire world. Its really easy to learn, all you need to do is point your wand and yell; Alonsy Alonso!"

"Sir, thats not a real spell. There's no spell in the world that can protect you from every single spell," A kid at the back of the class called out and the Doctor began to grin widely before nodding again.

"Right you are!" The Doctor said with delight before pulling out his sonic screwdriver again. "Which is why we're going to learn a different spell. It's called the Patronus Charm."

The moment the words left his mouth a ripple of excitement washed through the crowd of kids. The Doctor beamed at Robin before turning to Harry and crouching down to look him in the eye, "You don't know that spell do you Harry?"

"No," Harry replied with an unsure shake of his head. "No, I don't sir. What does it do?"

The Doctor didn't reply, instead he straightened up and walked over to Robin before turning her away from the class and putting his arm around her shoulder, "What do you think so far?" he asked in a whisper. "Did you find anything about what just happened strange?"

fireandblood

Robin watched the Doctor's antics with a mix of amusement and confusion, her arms crossed over her chest. What in the world was he doing? These poor kids were all around age eleven, hardly ready to handle the Doctor's strange idiosyncrasies. Robin couldn't really handle them all herself, and she was much older than these children.

But her expression changed to one of wonder when Harry started to speak. Here was the boy who was the center of every childhood dream, the boy who made children wait for a Hogwarts letter even though they knew he wasn't real... And he was sitting right in front of her. The little scar on his forehead almost brought a tear to her eye. How many times had she daydreamed about meeting him?

And then there was Ron. Loyal, redheaded, absentminded Ron... Robin grinned widely, unable to believe her luck. She only wished she could be their age, and join the little trio on adventures... But she snapped out of it when Ron yelled at the Doctor. Something didn't seem right. And when the Doctor said "Allons-y Alonso," Robin got a flash of a memory... A spaceship called Titanic?

This was all a little too strange for Robin to handle.

Her eyes widened as the Doctor said he was going to teach them the Patronus. When he walked back over to her and turned her away, she looked up at him warily.

"Well, it seemed a little weird that Ron yelled at you like that... And that Harry seemed so eager to have you teach them. But oh my God, Harry Potter, in the flesh! How crazy is this? And you definitely can't teach them the Patronus, they don't learn that until Book Three! You know what I think is really weird, though?" she asked, suddenly realizing something. "Why do we teach Defense Against the Dark Arts? At this point, it should be Quirrel/Voldemort, and this position is cursed..."

Villain

"Crazy? Robin, this is insanity," the Doctor murmured, no longer smiling. "I know all about the creativeness of the Infinite World theory and how it is very possible that anything can potentially exist, but this place is trying to fit us into the universe. It's as if J K Rowling wrote us into her story," the Doctor spoke before glancing back at the kids. "But you are right, it is very strange that we have been asked to do this...judging by their age there should be someone else teaching them, but what grabs my attention most is that we have been chosen to take a job that has one of the highest fatality rates."

"Coincidence? I think not," the Doctor spoke before suddenly pausing. "Wait, what do you mean I can't teach them Patronus? I can teach them Patronus is I want, its my class!" The Doctor exclaimed before turning to the kids again. "Everyone get out your wands and prepare to learn about the Patronus Charm. Believe me, this will really help you in one or two years time."

"Sir, do you not think that may be a bit much for us? We have only just begun learning about Defensive Spells after all," Hermione chirped.

"Awww come on guys, it'll be fun. Don't let my wife win an argument again, it's humiliating!" The Doctor exclaimed before turning his back to them again and lowering his voice to a whisper. "Another out of character moment. Hermione Granger doesn't want to learn about advanced spells," the Doctor murmured, his golden eyes watching the kids carefully out of the corner of his eye. "Ron Weasley loses his temper over a comment that would be considered mad ravings in a magical world and Harry Potter starts insisting that I teach them. Sounds more than a little strange, don't you think?"

fireandblood

Robin's expression turned from one of awe and excitement to one of worry as the Doctor spoke. She looked out at the children, their faces all so eager... It seemed very strange that there could be anything to do with them in this story. This was the book in which Harry Potter defeated Voldemort for the first time. But in this book, Voldemort was attached to the back of a professor's head... A professor who was conspicuously absent and whose job they had taken.

Trying her best, Robin put on a sunny smile for the kids, turning back around with the Doctor. When the Doctor said not to let her win an argument, Robin gave him a sour look before thinking for a moment. She looked at the students, appearing to think for a moment, before happily grinning at them all.

"No, you're quite right, Hermione," she said brightly. "Rule one in this class: Always let the wife win the arguments." The kids giggled behind their hands as she gave them all a wink. "The first spell we're going to learn is the disarming spell. It's quite simple and can be very useful. All you do is point your wand at your opponent and say, very clearly: 'Expelliarmus!' Why don't you all pair up and give it a try?"

She turned back to the Doctor, dropping the excited look as the students turned to practice.

"Something is wrong. Very wrong. What's happening, Doctor?"

Villain

"Expeliarmus, you hypocrite! They don't learn that unti-" the Doctor began, but stopped as his ears pricked up before he turned to the chalk board at the front of the class room and pressed himself against it. Concern filled his face as he listened intently at the dusty black board, ignoring the chalk that coated part of his face.

"I don't know," the Doctor answered softly before stepping back. "But, one thing I do know is this...this world that we're in isn't following the pattern of the books," he said gravely as he stared at the chalk board with a grim expression on his face.

"Listen to this," the Doctor spoke before placing one hand on the chalk board and the other on the side of Robin's face. What she heard next would no doubt send a chill through her blood.

"Come... let me rip you... let me tear you... let me kill you..." Whispered a deadly, cold and viscous voice inside Robin's head. It's words were laced with venom and seemed to end with a lingering hiss.

fireandblood

Though she knew Expelliarmus didn't come until book two, Robin figured it would be the safest one to teach them, even if it was out of order. She was about to say so when the Doctor stopped and pressed his face against the board. Quickly, she glanced back at the students, but they were all practicing and couldn't see what he was doing.

Suddenly the Doctor was pressing his hand against her face, and Robin gasped loudly. The voice was hissing, cold, and cruel... The voice of the Basilisk from the second book. Her look at the Doctor was terrified, and she looked back at Harry. He was frozen with his wand raised, looking toward the wall to the protests of Ron, who was trying to get him to keep practicing.

"So let me get this straight," Robin said shakily. "We've been put in the middle of some screwed-up version of the Harry Potter books, and we can understand Parseltongue? What is this, Doctor?"

Villain

"Oh yes, we've been placed right in the centre of it all Robin," Doctor said solemnly, but a grin was beginning to form on his face as he looked at the black board. "This place is constantly evolving, perhaps its a Replicator, perhaps this is actually a psychic projection or perhaps this is some psycho alien film directors set and their making their movie with advanced technology," he turned his head to look at Robin and the grin grew even broader.

"But do you know what? I've got some good news, Robin," the Doctor said before quickly darting forwards again and pressing his ear to the chalk board quickly before dipping back. "The TARDIS is here. It translated the language of the Basilisk, that's how we were able to understand it."

The Doctor looked back at Harry before rushing over to his side and crouching down next to him. "You can hear it, can't you Harry?"

"What is that Doctor?" Harry asked, his voice quavering just a little as he stared at the board in alarm.

"An enemy. Your enemy. Something that someone like you should never have to face, but yet you do, because in moments like these you shine brighter than any wizard, warlock and sorcerer that came before you," the Doctor said with relish before fondling his screwdriver and pointing it at the board. "I think I know why we're here Harry Potter. Me and Robin are going to keep you alive. Those are the rules of the game"

fireandblood

"This doesn't make any sense, Doctor," Robin said, still listening to the cruel voice with horror. "How can the TARDIS be here? It was in the back yard. We traveled here without it. If the TARDIS is here, that means... My family is too. We have to find them!" But the Doctor ran off again without answering, and she groaned, joining him at Harry's side.

When the Doctor told him they'd be keeping him alive, Robin put a hand gently around his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Harry," she whispered with a smile. "The Doctor might seem crazy but he's good at keeping people alive. Well, he has been so far, at least. And I'm not too shabby myself." Then she turned to look at the Doctor.

"What game are you talking about?"

Villain

"Its all a game Robin, don't you see?" the Doctor asked as he fiddled with the settings of his screwdriver. "We were meant to come down here and teach the kids magic, even thought we know nothing about magic. Judging by the age of these kids, we are meant to be in the first year of Hogwarts, but the moment the kids start learning about the Expelliarmus spell, our challenge gets increased to the level of the second book."

"And that's what is making me feel a bit ticked off," the Doctor said with spite as he began flashing the screwdriver in Harry's face. "There are forces at work here with the power of a God and they're playing this world like its a game. Everything they do is under their control and they want to see me and you step up to the plate and take on the world like a challenge on a TV game show."

"It's sick Robin. Very, very, sick, but these beings don't care. They have this place, they control it and everyone inside of it and can throw whatever they like at us, but what makes me sick to my stomach is that they're involving innocent lives," the Doctor stopped scanning Harry and looked at the bulb of the device thoughtfully before scowling. "These kids Robin. They're a hundred percent real. The readings I'm getting show them to be completely and utterly human."

The Doctor stood up and slid the screwdriver into his trouser pocket before cracking his knuckles and taking one last glance of the chalkboard. "I don't know if this land of magic is the real deal or not Robin, but no one threaten the life of a kid on my watch," the Doctor growled, baring his teeth in anger. "Villains always pay when they threaten kids in front of me."

fireandblood

When the Doctor said that it was a game, and that all the children were real... Robin couldn't help but pull Harry closer to her side. Looking down at him, her expression grew sad and scared. He was only a little boy, younger than her own brother, and here he was being subjected to an unspeakable act of hatred. It seemed impossible that any race in any universe could be cruel enough to risk the lives of small children.

"I'm glad you didn't teach them the Patronus, then," Robin said shakily, looking around the room as if in search of a camera of some sort. "I don't think I could handle Dementors just yet. What are we going to do, Doctor?" Looking down at Harry again, she got very, very angry. "And what sort of disgusting people could do this to children?"

"Harry," came a voice from behind them. Turning, Robin saw that Ron had gone very pale, and was looking wide-eyed at her and the Doctor. "I think you need to get away from them. They're completely mental."

Villain

"It's a shame, but the list of beings that could do that to children is quite long," the Doctor muttered before he began to rifle through the pockets of the anorak which Robin still wore. He pulled out the Psychic Wrench and his Laser Spanner, before tucking his screwdriver behind one ear. For a moment he held the wrench in the air and looked about the room with intent, as if tracking something unseen.

"He's absolutely right Harry," the Doctor spoke, breaking concentration as Ron declared him insane. "I am mental and so is my lovely assistant Robin. I mean she chose to follow me into situations like this. You've got to be mental if you want to do that," the Doctor said with a grin before twirling his finger by the side of his head and pointing to Robin.

"You're a strange man Doctor," Harry said as he looked up at him, clutching his wand tight in his hand as he watched him. "You remind me of someone."

"Dumbledore, I remind you of Dumbledore," the Doctor said before tucking the spanner under his arm and ruffling Harry's hair. "Now come on, any danger that takes place will follow you, Ron and Hermione. We need to get the three of you away from the rest of the kids."

"What?" Hermione asked with outrage. "But, we haven't finished our lesson yet!"

"Oh Hermione Granger, you really need to sort your priorities!" The Doctor spoke before letting out a sudden cheer that made the kids of the class jump with surprise. "I'm sorry, but I kind of just quoted one of you," the Doctor said before winking at Ron. "Very funny line, you'll make Rupert Gringe happy."

"What the bloody hell are you talking about Doctor?" Ron asked, his face still pale and eyes still wide as he gaped at the Doctor and Robin.

"Doctor, what did you mean when you said that the danger would follow me, Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked cautiously as he watched the Doctor begin to wave the psychic wrench in the air again. "Surely any trouble would just follow me?"

"Oh no, Harry. You're not the only bright wizard here. Your mates make a lot of enemies later on in their lives and its really entertaining. If you're in danger then they're in danger," the Doctor said before walking over to the door of the class room and kicking it open.

"Class, I'm taking Mr Potter, Mr Weasley and Miss Granger to their Head of House. They have detention, the rest of you carry on!" The Doctor called to them before pointing at Malfoy as he sniggered. "Oi, don't be a twerp. It'll get you into a lot of trouble one day."

fireandblood

"You remind me more of Peeves," Robin said, seething, "But if you keep on making fun of me you're going to look a lot like Nearly Headless Nick fairly soon." Looking at Hermione, she winked, getting a confused look from the young girl. As the Doctor walked to the back of the classroom and to the doors, Robin gathered Harry, Ron, and Hermione and pushed them along with her.

The three students all gave her strange looks, but they followed all the same. When the Doctor reprimanded Malfoy, Robin crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him just before following her friend out the doors. This caused snickers to echo across the room, and she thought she heard a faint "Shut up" from Draco himself.

"Okay, what do we do, Doctor?" Robin asked, ready to run if need be.

Villain

"Good question, I suppose the game master will be expecting us to follow the story. We're in the second phase of the series. That means that soon, we'll start encountering the victims of the Basilisk, we'll find riddle's diary and go into the forbidden forest to talk to giant spiders before facing off against the monster in the Chamber of Secrets," the Doctor explained as he stepped out of the room and walked down the corridor.

"What are you talking about Doctor? The things you say... its as if you know whats going to happen next," Harry said as he trailed by his side and looked up at him. "This morning we woke up after a detention in the forbidden forest-"

"Oh I loved that bit!" The Doctor said with a laugh. "The bit with the dark cloaked figure and the Unicorn. Spine chilling," he said and wiggled his fingers in a spooky manner before the grin faded from his face as Harry looked up at him with disbelief. "I mean...sorry, that must have been very traumatic for you."

"It wasn't the first time I've been in trouble,"

"Yeah, Harry almost died in a Quiditch match a while ago. Snape started hexing him while he was flying his broom, he nearly fell to his death!" Ron exclaimed as he caught up to the two of them.

"Robin, be a dear and tell Ron the bad news about Snape after the end of Philosophers Stone," the Doctor as they hurried along the corridor. "I've got to plan our next move and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to behave. Ron is so tempting to tease every time he talks."

fireandblood

Robin rolled her eyes as the Doctor told them all what happened in the second book. It was obvious that at least part of him was very much enjoying showing off to the kids. Hiding a grin, she turned to Ron and smiled at him.

"Don't let him fool you," she said to the redhead, ruffling his hair. "He's just a small child trapped in an adult's body. He is right about one thing, though... Professor Snape is a good guy, not a bad guy. He's going to help all of you more than you can possibly imagine." Ron looked up at her like she was completely insane, but Hermione looked simply thoughtful.

"So, if this is a game," the girl said, "Why do you two know it and the rest of us don't? Did they put some sort of spell on us to make us forget?"

Villain

"Good question, let me think it over for a moment before I answer it. I wouldn't want you guys to freak out if I told you too much," the Doctor spoke as he scratched his chin with the handle of the Psychic Wrench. "It's possible...that you kids have been altered. Tampered with to look young and relive your story. Me and Robin, we know how your story ends, but that doesn't make it fact. Time lines are wibbly and wobbly and always change."

"But how do you know our story?" Harry asked, his young eyes narrowing on the Doctor accusingly. "How do you know the stories of our lives?"

"Well you've answered your own question there," the Doctor replied with a frown. "For now, lets just say were Clairvoyant, it'll be much easier to accept than the alternative and we don't have time to waste, for it seems as if we're up against some sort of god."

"A god? Are you mental?" Ron asked with bewilderment.

"Ron, I thought we already established this. Yes I am!" The Doctor spoke with a heavy sigh before holding up his finger. "Now, this all powerful being that sets the rules of this game clearly wants us to play along. And he will manipulate the world we're in in anyway to make us move along to his plan, which will more than certainly end with all five of us being killed."

"The only way to beat the rules is to take advantage of certain rules that are in place. Number one being, if we reveal something about your future, then the world will mold to what we have revealed. Do you understand?" The Doctor asked before noticing Ron staring blankly at him. "In other words, if I were to tell you that you fought a giant crab in your future, then the crab would get summoned along with all the other beasties you would fight along the way."

fireandblood

"The best way to deal with the Doctor," Robin said, placing her hands on her hips, "Is to just listen to what he says and nod every now and again. Trust me on that one. The only thing he really says that I understand is 'run.'" Turning to the Doctor, her expression grew worried as she realized something.

"Doctor," she said slowly. "The time line was already messed up when we got here. If this is their first year, there shouldn't be a centaur wandering around the castle... Firenze doesn't start teaching Divination until their fifth year when Umbridge kicks Trelawney out. What does that mean?" Harry and Ron were both giving her confused, vacant looks, but Hermione's eyes were narrowed shrewdly.

"If he's your husband, why do you call him Doctor?" she asked, crossing her arms. Robin laughed loudly.

"He is most certainly not my husband," she replied.

"Then why did we see you snogging in the hallway the other day?" Ron interjected. A furious blush colored Robin's cheeks and she stared dumbfounded at the redheaded boy.

"That was... obviously a trick of whoever put you here," she said. "Because... He's definitely not my husband."