Medieval history buffs, I know you're out there!

Started by Zipporah, February 28, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zipporah

Hi there folks.  I'm looking for people of any gender to play out some stories set in Medieval Europe.  It doesn't have to be spot-on, written-in-Middle English accurate (I'd be spending too much time looking up words), but more accuracy is better than less so long as we don't get excessively hung up in the details.   I've got a bunch of ideas from Crusader/female defender at Haifa, to a noblewoman and her friend or servant "exploring" together while they have the keep to themselves, to nobleman/serf, to... well, the list just keeps on going. I'm not precluding fantasy elements, but I do really want to play with history. 

Please drop me a line if you're interested! 

Inerrant Lust

I might be interested... I know a fair amount of the time period in general but if you want specific details and some real nitty-gritty, my area of expertise is War of the Roses-era England. That first idea does sound intriguing, though... Crusaders can be so interesting to think about- whether a genuine pious type, the missionary warrior- to perhaps a man who has sinned and seeks repentance by serving his faith.

Zipporah

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on February 29, 2012, 12:55:08 AM
I might be interested... I know a fair amount of the time period in general but if you want specific details and some real nitty-gritty, my area of expertise is War of the Roses-era England. That first idea does sound intriguing, though... Crusaders can be so interesting to think about- whether a genuine pious type, the missionary warrior- to perhaps a man who has sinned and seeks repentance by serving his faith.
I like a little edge to characters, so potentially the genuinely pious type growing disillusioned by what he's seen or the repentant sinner struggling with his own ambiguous morals and past.