Hatred for the United States

Started by Vault, February 28, 2009, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

Quote from: Asherah on March 01, 2009, 03:56:26 PM
I am not contesting that Palestinian's deserves their own state.  However, where in history did it become solely their right.  I ask this question, because so many are willing to bash Israel.  Pointing out that they are thieves.  They had robbed the Palestine people.   Yet the Jerusalem was a Jewish city long before.  The states or Kingdoms of Judea and Israel were before any mention of it being Palestine.  And that word or name.  It is nothing more then the Greek designation of the area.

Palestinians,  Arabs, this culture has been given a free pass.  It is bullshit what is happening in Sudan.  The genocide going on supported by the government.   It is bullshit how they treat the Kurds.   It is bullshit their stance towards the Jewish people.   It is bullshit how they treat their women.  

Agreed on most points. If there's one thing that gets me pissed about the Arab world is they seem to be no less arrogant than the US in many ways. But they have no claim to the moral high ground when they're much further behind in civil rights than the West. I won't lump all of the Arab states together with this remark because there's many levels and divisions over there, but if you have a culture that will stone or otherwise execute a woman because she's found guilty of being raped by a guy, wake up Mohammed, you've got a barbarian culture.

Here's the deal on Israel. Yes, historically they lived there. At one time, Native Americans held all of the Americas. If they wanted it back, could we really blame them? Jews have been pillaged and enslaved since biblical time, by Rome, Egypt, etc. So, how much time must pass before a given group must relinquish their claim on their ancestral homeland?

That's why I won't say Israel should abandon Israel; it's their land too. But, one of the big things that everyone knows is going to defuse the region is that each group there deserves autonomous existence and rule. As long as Palestine exists under Israel’s heel, the fighting will never stop, and nor should it.

That's my point with American-Israeli relations; we give the situation over there an almost complete bias toward the Jewish state. What we should be doing is tell the rich Jewish elite in Washington their get out of jail card is expired. Either work this out or get the hell out of the country and fend for yourselves...we're cutting you off.

The Overlord

Is there anyone who ever remembers
changing their mind from the paint on a sign?,
is there anyone who really recalls
ever breaking rank at all
for something someone yelled real loud one time?
oh, everyone believes
in how they think it oughta be
oh, everyone believes
and they're not going easily

belief is a beautiful armor
but makes for the heaviest sword
like punching underwater
you never can hit who you're trying for
some lead the exhibition
and some have to know they tried
it's the chemical weapon
for the war that's raging on inside
oh, everyone believes
from emptiness to everything
oh, everyone believes
and no one's going quietly

we're never gonna win the world
we're never gonna stop the war
we're never gonna beat this
if belief is what we're fighting for

is there anyone you can remember
ever surrender with their life on the line?

what puts a hundred thousand children in the sand?
belief can, belief can
what puts a folded flag inside his mother's hand?
belief can, belief can

Zakharra

Quote from: The Overlord on March 01, 2009, 03:53:11 PM

I'm talking about the wealthy elitist Jew segment that Washington panders to and is that is keeping us in the bullshit over there. You guys know exactly what I'm talking about, they’re entrenched in politics here, and putting up with these SOB's is what's wrong.

For the record, you plugged Jewish religion into the debate not me.

No. Your post was very specific..

QuoteI say either they play ball with us or we kick all the fracking Jews out of US borders. No, I'm not taking that back either.

Emphasis by me. You made no qualifications other than Jew, which is a religion. I did not bring that up, you did.   And for the recond, they are no more entranched into politics than many rich white liberals,christians, racist, whathave you.      [/list]

....  off topic, why are my posts having this,  [/list] at the end of them?

The Overlord

Quote from: Zakharra on March 01, 2009, 04:29:28 PM

No. Your post was very specific..

Emphasis by me. You made no qualifications other than Jew, which is a religion. I did not bring that up, you did.   And for the recond, they are no more entranched into politics than many rich white liberals,christians, racist, whathave you.     

....  off topic, why are my posts having this,  [/list] at the end of them?

If I erred, I did it by making my post too general.

I have clarified my point here; I heavily suggest we move on. I have no qualms about flipping this train over the edge and into a canyon if that's what someone wants.

HairyHeretic

I'm not in good form tonight. Play nice.
      Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
      You too one day shall die
      I know a thing that will never die
      Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Avi

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 01, 2009, 02:08:12 PM
      It was the length of WW I that might have been far shorter if the Americans stayed neutral.

From what I've studied, I would argue the opposite, actually.  

At the point that the United States entered World War I, Germany was being incredibly stubborn, unwilling to back down from unrestricted submarine warfare, a tactic which was killing countless neutral-aligned civillians.  In addition, they were throwing troops from the recently-stabilized Eastern Front at the French and British.  The Allies fought the Germans to a standstill, though it was evident that the Germans were nowhere near desiring an end to the war.  In fact, it looked like they might begin to overwhelm the Allied forces.  The intervention of the United States broke the stalemate, with the overwhelming number of fresh American soldiers bolstering the Allied morale and allowing them to begin pushing the Germans back, eventually bringing an end to the war within 6 months.

Without America entering the war, it is likely that either the war would have ended in a victory for the Central Powers, or dragged on for several more years in a pointless stalemate.

/Sorry for the hijack, though I guess one could argue that discussing the origins of American interventionism is pertinent to the topic. :P
      Your reality doesn't apply to me...

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 01, 2009, 10:15:13 AM
      Education, that is the parents job not the governments.

As for being closed minded and hard nosed I'm a conservative libertarian and damned right I am I happen to read the writing of our Founding Fathers and their dream of our nation and what we are doing as a nation in the handing away of that to international interests is sickening.

And Obama is an idiot that is going to bury this nation and hand over more of our sovereignty unless the conservatives can slow this down, of all ilks.

Let's not forget that it was Bush the Elder who cited the New World Order as one of the primary reasons for Gulf War I.  The erosion of American sovereignty began LONG before Obama, and was begun in the name of free trade.

I see what Obama is doing as less an erosion of sovereignty and more a simple admission that we can't singlehandedly shape the world in our own image.  This "father-knows-best" foreign policy kick we've been on lo these many years really does need to end.

Sho

I am not contesting that Palestinian's deserves their own state.  However, where in history did it become solely their right.  I ask this question, because so many are willing to bash Israel.  Pointing out that they are thieves.  They had robbed the Palestine people.   Yet the Jerusalem was a Jewish city long before.  The states or Kingdoms of Judea and Israel were before any mention of it being Palestine.  And that word or name.  It is nothing more then the Greek designation of the area. /quote

Well, the argument about them being thieves stems from the fact that they moved into an area that was already being lived in by others. Then, Palestine was given only 40% of the land when they have many more people than Israel does. Also, I think a great amount of hatred towards Israel stems from the fact that they were offered land in South America (which isn't well known, but is true) that was unoccupied. They chose Jerusalem. Obviously this is because it is a holy land to them. I have a few friends who are Arab-Americans, and their general view is that Israel chose the worst possible place to build their state...they chose a place they knew would inflame the hatred of many Arabs, and decided that that was the best place to settle. As far as I see it, it's the same thing as you living in a house for, say, fifty years. Then the children of the family who lived there before you come in and say "Oh, hey. Uhm...here's the thing. This is our house, actually. You're gonna have to move to that plot in the back yard. No, doesn't matter that you're living here NOW. We USED to live here, so we're taking it back." As far as I see it, you just can't do that.

And I think that the US supporting Israel in that is one of the reasons that there is so much hatred directed towards America, currently.

Zakharra

Israel is one major reason we are disliked in the middle east.   

However there never was a state named Palistine. The regions that would become Palistine, if it ever happens, were a part of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. They were taken as a result of loosing a war with Israel. Since those nations are incapible of defeating Israel militarily, it's like they want to give Israel it's own problem. One that keeps Israel occupied.

Grabted Israel is not helping by the settlements on the occupied lands. Hamas isn't making it any easier by attacking as it does. If anything, Hamas gets msore free actiosn and passes than Israel since any reasponce falls upon the people Hamas inevitably uses to launch it's attacks from. Hiding among the populace.