The Miskatonic School for Girls - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, February 22, 2016, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Located in Arkham, Massachusetts and set within the scenic backdrop of the Spencer Forest which itself sits nestled upon the shores of Toluca Lake (just a quick ferry ride over to tourist haven Silent Hill!) lies an exclusive private school for girls. Has your young lady been having a bit of a 'rebelious' streak? Has she claimed to see supernatural creatures? Does she sometimes speak in Latin and never remember doing so afterwards? Has she been hounded by an abnormal number of seemingly indestructible serial murderers (more than two is well above average)? Has she survived or been the cause of a localized zombie apocalypse? Then this school is for her! At Miskatonic School for Girls, the charming staff will teach your young lady to not only defend herself against the shrieking horrors that constantly seek to pierce the veil between normalcy and insanity, but they will teach her to act like a proper lady while doinbUt iTs TOO late toolatetoolatetoolateing so!

Our sprawling campus features excellent dorms, a full gym, small class sizes to allow for one-on-one time with our trusteddonT truuuuuuuust thEMMMstaff who will all ensure your childDIESDIESDIESDIESDIESDIESDIES gets the education that she not only needs but deserves. After all, it's a dangerous world out there! We have on hand over twenty teachers skilled in languages, history, magic, alchemy, astronomy, firearms, swordplay, gutting your child until they are empty and WE can cRaWl inSIDE, and even crochet! Whatever the interest of your daughter, there is an outlet here for her to express herself. Our facility is protected by the sturdiest of magic wards, ensuring that whatever otherworldly horror is currently stalking your cherished offspring, it will not follow her through these hallowed hAHAHAHAHAHAHAalls.

We look forward to seeing you in the fall!

The Miskatonic School for Girls is an interest check into starting up a horror-themed school game featuring an all-girl cast. Girls aged eighteen to twenty one that have some kind of supernatural experience (weather this be a talent for magic, alchemic, etc. or an actual encounter with the supernatural) are enrolled to not only recieve the education they need without the hassle of being chased weekly by hook-handed revenge killers, but they are also taught to defend themselves and others against these threats. This can be in a conventional (guns, knives, etc.) or supernatural (alchemy, magic) way. What the girls don't know, however, is that the school has been infiltrated by these very forces! Subtly, they will try to drive the girls insane or perhaps even outright kill them! Every class and every field trip could be an avenue for danger!

Dear Parent,

Welcome to The Miskatonic School for Girls. We are so glad you have decided to have your daughter attend our exclusive school.
Our faculty is looking forward to instructing your child in all that the world, and in fact, the universe, has to offer. Hopefully,
your daughter will survive the experience in a manner that you will be satisfied with. Or not. Either way, it's too late now.

Please remember that parents are not allowed to visit the facility except during the yearly Oddly-Shaped Rib Cookout that honors
the memory of any girls that might go missing between now and then.

Sincerely,
N. R. LaHotep
Headmistress MSFG

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Vanetias

Hello there, how would males be able to join within the setting?

Aragem

Yukina

Sounds interesting. :) "Sakurako, the zombie holocaust survivor!"

Chulanowa

No plans to join, but missFire, I just wanted to say this concept and your writeup is damned amazing. Well dome!  XD

Chrystal

Expressing a tentative interest here. It does sound like it's right up my cup of fish. I do have a large number of questions, which I will refrain from asking for the moment, in the hope that they will be answered in good time anyway.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

freeko

I am in the same boat as Chrystal, I need more information before I can decide one way or the other with this.

MissFire

Fire away with the questions and I'll answer as best I can.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Chrystal

Okay....

1) Are player characters just students or will there be staff PCs as well?
2) In the event of there being staff PCs are you expecting  a "them-and-us" type set up, with staff being dominant and students being submissive, or can characters effectively "change sides" or "be on the other side"?
3) The whole thing of driving the students insane and or killing them sounds great fun, but might put people off if the idea is to kill off player characters, unless you are only referring to drop-outs, so are you only going to kill NPCs and drop-outs?
4) Obviously, being a girls' school, there is going to be lesbian sex somewhere. I shouldn't have to ask this, but I will anyway: is it okay for a player to ask another player to change their post if it involves something they don't like?
5) Will there be tentacles and oviposition and the like? If so, I will go grab a friend who I know will love this. In fact I'll bring her in anyway, because chances are she'll enjoy it even without her two favourite kinks...
6) Are there limits on the powers and abilities characters have, and if so what are they? If not, why not?

I think that's all of mine, for now. Except the big one that I haven't asked, but someone else has already asked it, and as long as the answer to my question 4 is the right one, it shouldn't make any difference.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

MissFire

1. Students only
3. Likely just NPC's and dropouts, unless it's something you want to happen.
4. You should probably PM the other player before you do something you feel might not be for everyone. Use your own judgement and be civil.
5. Tentacles most certainly, the other, probably not.
6. Just don't make anything godlike. If you feel your idea might be overpowered, PM me to discuss it.

Also, there will be no male characters. It's an all girls school. All female student body and staff. If nobody minds, male writers are allowed to play as female characters.
    - Sima Yi

Chrystal

Sounds good to me. Count me in, and as soon as I can get a-hold of my friend Tad, I expect she will be interested too!

Vanetias

MissFire, is there a way to smuggle in male students into the school?(Via crossdressing or shape-shifting?)

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Vanetias

Chrystal

Yeah, see, this was something I was wondering too, when I asked about limits on characters' powers. Are shape-shifters allowed, if so, what sort of limits are placed on their shape shifting.

Vanetias, may I respectfully suggest that you take "No" as your answer?

Vanetias

Sure thing. Sorry if I was pestering abit of the whole males thing.

freeko

Yeah, I'd be wanting to flat ban herm/futa characters as well. I am in for sure if that happens.

Crash

I may be interested.  It will probably depend on the type of characters that are submitted.

Hey Chrystal!  How you been?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Wolfling72

why why why...do y'all always make epic group games that I would so want to be a part of  if I wasn't already constantly in a state of being unable to play catch up all the damned time!?

This sounds so epic.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Chrystal

Hey Crash. Doing okay. How about yourself?

Aw come on, Wolfie, you know you want to. Besides, it' got me in it! *waves boobies enticingly at Wolfie*

Crash

Quote from: Chrystal on February 23, 2016, 11:56:05 AM
Hey Crash. Doing okay. How about yourself?

Aw come on, Wolfie, you know you want to. Besides, it' got me in it! *waves boobies enticingly at Wolfie*

Well if you are waving boobies around I guess I am doing fine. ;)

Seriously though not bad.  Trying to think of a really interesting concept for this game.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Chrystal

I have a few ideas that I'm already working out. Just waiting for MissFire to post a character sheet and some rules...

Crash

Quote from: Chrystal on February 23, 2016, 12:23:58 PM
I have a few ideas that I'm already working out. Just waiting for MissFire to post a character sheet and some rules...

I want to go bizarre and quirky yet useful for power but that will likely be defined by concept and personality when I figure that out.

MissFire

Modern times.

Originally, I was going to close this as it was just an interest check. I wanted to make something prettier for the 'official' topic. But if everyone wants I can simply add a new post to the bottom of this.
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Missfire - If that is easier for you I am fine with it.