Walk the plank.....M x F

Started by Swashbuckler, July 01, 2011, 10:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

Hello, and thanks for popping in!    This is only my second attempt to throw some ideas out there, so bear with me (as I have utterly lost the first one).

I am not going to go into specific plots, because unless I have something I am really, really craving, I prefer to develop a genre and some character specifics, then work with a partner on where and when and why the characters could/would/should meet.    Also, as I spell out some of my favorites, the plots will kind of reveal themselves.   Not to say I don't have story ideas, its more of the fact that I like to collaborate as much as give someone a role to fill.

OK, so here we go:

Fantasy - This is really my wheelhouse.   The old sword and sorcery, elves, orcs, dragons and all the rest.   I have read tons and tons of books in this genre, played a lot of games, been a D&D roleplayer for 25+ years, etc etc.   I can, and do, go good or bad in this genre.  Humans, demihumans, mythical creatures, its all up for grabs.   Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Malazan Book of the Fallen, many, many more.

Gaming - This is the other huge genre for me.   I love, love, love gaming.  All kinds.  All platforms.  I think there is such a huge amount of RPing possibilities here I would hesitate to try and list them all, so I'll just go for some favorites.

-Everquest 2.  I've been playing over 6 years now, and while I have dabbled with other MMORPG's I always seem to some back home.   There is a TON of lore here, so where it is Low Fantasy (OC's and such) or High Fantasy (Lucian/Tayil, Lucian/Antonia, Antonia/Murrar, Lucian/Antonia), I would really dig getting a game going in here.

-Assassin's Creed (any) - Awesome game, but the modern and historical aspects of it.   Great characters, and would be fun to flesh them out, or try some OC's.

-Halo (any) - I know, kind of a weird game to look for RP in, but there is a lot of potential there.  C'mon we all knew Master Chief and Cortana had a thing for each other...

Zelda - As a hard core gamer, this is my dirty little secret.  I know they are designed to be kid friendly, but I think I lot of sexy depth could be found here

Dragon Age - I've only played the first one so far, but anything in this world would be fun.

Other genres:

Pirates - Kind of goes without saying with my name huh?  Be one, play one, play WITH one, I am open to all...

Steampunk:  Just trying to get into this, but give my a girl like this (http://www.obviouswinner.com/storage/post-images/another-steampunk-girl.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1283377052849)  and I am yours to do with what you will...

Kushielverse - I play in a few of these games elsewhere, and they can be quite fun if done well.

Anita Blake - same as above.

Well, that is all I can think of for now.   Please PM me if any of this interests you.    I can, and will, play any of these genres (and probably more that I forgot).