Law & Order SVU

Started by Katra Alexion, February 28, 2012, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintercat

I am a fan of the series as well, love how the folks can break even disturbing cases and bring justice to the people harmed through it all. I might be even interested in helping to run this, but I am not entirely sure how to help in that case. Running NPCs (witness, suspect other than the real criminal, snitch etc) might be one thing, but I am not sure how much this game really needs 'dm' as it seems like those playing the victim would likely also know best about what kind of stuff should be possible to be found in their case  and so forth.

Anyhow, if you think I might help, I'd be happy to help with this. Freeform game would be a welcome change to the usual bit of play I do these days.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Robelwell202

Any chance of still getting in on this?  I love the show, and would love the chance to play a Stabler/Munch type....

PM me, if there is, please!
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Miyu

Name: Kathleen Johnson

Sexuality: Lesbian

Date of Birth: 07/18/1992

Appearance:

Tattoos, Scars, or other distinguishing marks: Tattoo of a tribal of roses on her lower back.

Concept: Victim turned Cop

Job: Cop
Job position/title: Detective SVU

Skills: Excellent people skills, Good Aim, Well Organized, Self Defense Knowledge

Hobbies: Practice Martial Arts, Reading, Swimming, Playing Guitar

Likes: Exercise, Music, Reading, Helping out people, Swimming, Drinking

Dislikes:  Rude People, Bullies, Snakes, Gross stuff.

Strengths: Good relating to victims, Observing details.

Weaknesses: Children being abused, Overly beaten innocents

Quirks: She just to love have fun whenever she is not at work, she tends to go overly protective with children.  However when she is asked for a drink she will surely go with the group.

Family: Jonathan Johnson -In Jail
Mikaela Johnson- Little sister

Ons/Offs:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=28272

Personality: She is a rather good person, she likes to laugh and smile with her friends but it’s also very serious when the situation calls for it. For most people she is considered more of a people person since she can easily talk to a victim and relate to them due to her past.  She is one of the guys and will always stick her nose out for her friends even if it means her own life.

Personal History: Coming from a American family Kat was the most intelligent girl in the house, ever since little she could solve problems meant for teenagers and people double her age. However one day her mother died in a car accident and her father fell deep into depression and fell into drinking. What came after drinking was abusing her and raping her day after day. Thinking she could not do anything she was forced to contempt with it and hold it on. However after most recent beating of her father she ran away and was living on the streets for over a week.

It was then when the SVU detectives found her while she was on the street unconscious because of lack of food. Quickly they helped her and managed to find the culprit to her life and sent him to jail. Ever since then she dedicated herself to study Law and used her genius to get her ahead a few grades. Finally she graduated from law and quickly went and entered the police and got in the SVU part hoping to help others like she was helped.

RubySlippers

Name: Evelyne Green

Sexuality: Lesbian

Date of Birtrth: 5/24/1973

Appearance:

Wears the same outfit for work a light grey-green dress suit, green blouse, some silver jewelry, a nice watch, cell phone clip-on on her belt, flats and a silk slip underneath with tasteful makeup and a bit of nice perfume a soft jasmine. Off work has casual, dressy and some nice little black dress outfits but tends to have fun.

Tattoos, Scars, or other distinguishing marks: None

Concept: Lawyer

Job: Assistant DA

Job position/title: Assistant DA

Skills: Computer Use, Detect Lies, Law (specialty in criminal law), Lie, Modeling, Network, Persuasion (legal), Political Knowledge, Research (law)

Hobbies: Athletics (general), Clubbing, Gaming (ccgs/internet/roleplaying), Movies

Likes: The Law, Women of Quality (has a wet spot for women that make a difference in the world in good ways)

Dislikes: Those Who Disrespect the Law, Judges Who Are Soft, Women of Low Quality (opposite of above think Paris Hilton here)

Strengths: Is an expert in the law and uses that as her weapon thinking outside the box and inside the box to put bad people away. Tends to have a low tolerance for bs she will help a felon if its good for the law getting someone else bigger if convinced to do so but she favors prosecution over pleas in serious cases. Will however listen to experts and tend to be fair in her mind.

Weaknesses: Is black and white in her thinking there is little gray and she will push for justice this can often be a bad thing since she can appear to be a heartless bitch at times.

Quirks: Has the same suit and such in her closet she is not one for worrying about clothes for work so just pulls it off the shelf so to speak, on her own time tends to dress as she wishes. 

Family: Father, Mother, Two Brothers

Ons: Lesbianism, Fetishes (mild B&D, watersports)

Offs: Men (as lovers), Violence on Her, Sex Crimes on Her

Personality: Is a pit bull of the law and has a strong belief in being fair but can be seen as a bitch, its not she doesn't care just the law is the law its black and white so acts that way. In truth she is not a bad woman she is pleasant, educated, supports her friends, is good and honest in her dealings and knows how to look good on camera and play politics. Moderate in her life she tends to work hard but make time for herself so she doesn't burn out. Is openly a lesbian and has a good eye for women favoring ones she sees as making a good difference in the world even if modest one can respect that.

Personal History: Comes from a military family (brat) her father an MI officer in the Army and her mother a military officers wife well regarded she had two younger brothers on at West Point and the other youngest and disabled at MIT studying mathematics. Attended Bryn Mawr for her bachelors in philosophy and pre-law preparation then attended NYU Law School. Was hired by the local DA's office after applying after one of the former ones was implicated in a drug network as a squeaky clean choice. Her first case she tried was a case where a man beat up on a minor child and she plead him into a solid prison term and then tried the mother for child neglect, child endangerment and child abuse in the second degree for knowing the man was violent and made threats and did nothing to protect the child. It cemented her reputation as a hardline prosecutor and she has made friends in the Republican Party and some enemies mostly the victims rights organizations for prosecuting a victim - she didn't see it that way. The DA assigns her to SVU cases most of the time at this point it gave them brownie points for reelection.

Katra Alexion

Ok, people I just got home from doing an unholy amount of laundry so my back and feet are hurting. I am going to take a break and play some Old Republic and then get to work.

@ WinterCat: I would be glad to have you as a co-gm. This will be primarily a free form game. most of the victims and such will be npc's although I was toying with the idea of letting each of the players take a turn coming up with a victim and other plot devices to further develop their characters thought I good idea where I want the game to go.

Clio

Since there's already a crapload of police in comparison, what if I still played a non-NPC victim, but she was a star witness or something? Perhaps if her attacker is still out there, she could even be put in the witness protection program and be under the care of the police. That way she could socialize and help the police without actually joining them.

Thoughts?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Robelwell202

Name: Kevin Strane

Sexuality: Straight

Date of Birth: 1980

Appearance: Large, well built caucasian male, slightly balding due to premature stress-related Male-Pattern Baldness, careworn face.

Tattoos, Scars, or other distinguishing marks: Army Tattoo on left shoulder blade (M-1 Abrams tank, with the words 'Armor does it best!')

Concept: Cop (4 years uniform, 2 years detective)

Job: Cop (See above)

Job position/title: Detective, mid-grade

Skills: Excellent driving skills (Due to a three-week racing school he attended, won as a bar prize), expert gun-handling (Army training), bachelor's degree, criminal science.

Hobbies: Plays WW2 wargames, mostly strategy-based (RTS, turn-based), Plays bass guitar, reads histories of WW2.

Likes: Beautiful women, good beer, good music (especially with damn good bass lines), descent books, and documentaries on 'Discovery Channel', and 'Military Channel'.

Dislikes: Cruelty to kids and women, rape, incest.

Strengths: Doesn't know when to quit, willing to go the extra mile for those he works with, and the people in his cases.  Conservative mindset has deep roots in moral strengths tought to him by his parents.

Weaknesses: Can't say no to a woman.  Turns to jelly in the face of a beautiful lady.

Quirks: Even though his conservatism makes things very clear for him, he still has trouble distinguisihing 'Moral' right from 'legal' right.  Often has a cynical view of the court system, and absolutely does not trust lawyers, even the ones that are supposed to beworking with him.

Family: None.  Parents died when he was in the Army, no diblings or distant relatives.

Ons: Romance, sexy nature, seduction.

Offs: Any kind of abuse.

Personality: Cynical, but good natured.  Excellent around kids, since he doesn't treat kids any different from adults.

Personal History: 4-year stint in the Army, as a tank-gunner.  Saw action in the middle east, but won't talk about it.  Chose law enforcement as a way to exercise his views of right and wrong.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Katra Alexion

@ Christa McGin: A novel idea - write up the character and we will talk more.

@ Robelwell202: Love the character.

Update: I am serious working on the links and getting some pics up. Hopefully I will have done enough that we can start Wed-Thru.  :D O:)

Clio

Ok. I'll be busy for the next couple of hours, but when I return, I'll get a character sheet up. I'm excited. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Robelwell202

Uh oh...  we lose this idea?

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Katra Alexion

No, no - just been very busy. Getting the game up and running is taking a bit longer than I thought do to an influx of RL I have to take care of >.<

Robelwell202

Okay! I feel better, now.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Wintercat

Alright,

Let me know when things are starting to take up a bit of an acceleration, it looks like you are getting good people along. I'd enjoy taking part in a bit of a freeform and co-gming sounds a good way to go, lightening pressure off the both of us. Send me a message at some point and I'll follow and assist with any scenario you got in mind.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Robelwell202

Not trying to be a pest, or anything, but is there any progress?

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Interested

I'm well enough to start role playing this if my application is still approved and there's room.

Katra Alexion

Once again I must apologies to all of you things have been hetic in my life; I am caring for an elderly grandmother and my sister my needing to go into the hospital for a possible heart condition - I am not certain when I will be getting this up considering the other games I am in but I will try get it as soon as possible.

1SAZ

Out of curiosity, are you still accepting detectives to join? This game struck my interests for a number of reasons (partly since I know Maine so well and playing in the state, albeit a fictitious city in said state, would be nice). I can have a character written up fairly quickly if there is an opening.