Looking to start a fantasy, apocalyptic

Started by TheForsakenRogue, September 11, 2012, 06:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheForsakenRogue

Hey everyone, looking to start up an RP since I'm new and looking to see where that goes from there. Down below are a few ideas that I've been thinking about and thought about getting started while I go through the approval process. Looking for one other person or a few people, don't mind if people join mid RP either.

Fantasy:
Either looking to do something in a medieval time set, involving an oppressive king/queen which can be played by another person or turned into an NPC. With a group of Knights that used to serve the kingdom, now rebelling because of all that wrongs that are being committed. The group of rebel Knights are shacked up in a cave with many traps and tight spaces that have ensured their protection against the kingdoms army for now. But tension is becoming high as both forces are struggling to take and maintain as much land as they can. I'm looking for people to play either side, but I will be playing as a Knight on the rebel side. Heres a brief description on whats on each side

-Kingdom
The kingdom has it's ruler as either a King/Queen. Along with their numerous soldiers and Knights. Within the walls of the kingdom is a group of mages known as the Circle of Illudum. The mages of the Circle practice all sorts of magic, and there have been rumors of them practicing forbidden magic as well.

-Rebels
The Rebels have the handful of Knights with some warriors to help them fight back. Because where they stand, they are in good relations with the various thieves in the area and have recruited them into their ranks. The Rebels have also befriended other non-human allies that have been oppressed by the Kingdom for years (Such as Elves, Ogres, Centaur) and these beings are also in their ranks.

With this RP I would LOVE feedback and help with it if this gets chosen, and I am willing to hear any ideas to make it better (or if any of my ideas seem silly).

World of Warcraft:
I am a fan of WoW lore and I do roleplay on World of Warcraft. My favorite part of WoW was the story and the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. The whole idea that the Lich King is this supreme evil and all the forces of Azeroth both Alliance and Horde are going to take him down. Looking to roleplay the beginning of this war, right where everyone is sailing to Northrend to fight the Lich King and the Scourge forces. I will be using my Human Paladin in this roleplay but he is Argent so anyone can feel free to go either Alliance or Horde and it won't be an issue. Though if someone does go Horde it could be fun with the whole opposite side tension there. Don't want to explain this plot too much, but I will answer any questions that anyone would have about WoW lore.

Apocalyptic:
I was thinking about doing a zombie theme roleplay, but as I thought about how about blending that with Fallout. The idea of having advance technology and not just your standard shotgun to blow off a zombies head. So here's the setting:

The period is 2264, and the world is in the midst of chaos. A group of radicals have launched several missile-like nukes equipped with a bio plague that turns flesh rotten and increases aggression in the mind. These missiles have hit large populated cities across the United States and in major parts of Europe. In the United States, the government is holding strong using all the military might and weapons at their disposal to suppress the infected and to develop a cure for the survivors. The East and West coast are at the worst, while the middle of the country is the most stable with the military pushing both sides trying to get rid of the infected and the contamination. The weapons of this era include various energy based weapons ( laser, plasma, electric, photon, heat ). Along with standard ammo based weapons, with some being modified to compete against the new weapons. I'm looking to Rp in one of the most chaotic areas of the West or East coast. And maybe travel to Europe to escape the United States in hopes for a better tomorrow.

Again if anyone wants to do this plot, and has ideas to enhance it please let me know!

backbreaker86

Love the zombie idea, so count me in!! This one looks like it will be long and fun, just the way i like it! >:)

Armand

Which would you like to start? I'm interested in them all.

KatKwik

Not sure if this still available, but like your apocalyptic idea.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

PurplAstralMagma

I love the Rebel Knight idea, particularly if the Rebel Knight I play can either: be a Mage of some kind, or I have two characters: 1 = the Rebel Knight, and the other = a servitor of his who is a Mage.
     I am not very much into plot-driven stories... I much prefer character-driven! I haven't done as much play-by-post as I have tabletop, so I'm kinda used to using systems, but ready to adapt!

mephistolies

I would love to do a zombie/fallout hybrid! Please reply if your still interested!

AbsentMindedGirl

Hey im open to playing the role of your queen character as long as I don't have to completely submit to the kings orders and stuff like that.

Character Description:

Hair: Red
Eyes:Green
Height:5'9
Specialty: not much into the combat as she will be a more charismatic character (and who knows I could try to play hostage(i kinda want to play this like im being forced to stay on kings side because of the looming threat of execution if i betray him))
Accent:slightly irish

so yah if you'd consider me joining just say so and ill join and by the way im waiting for my approval but hopefully ill be good soon to make my profile and all that so sorry if a backround check is kinda impossible but ill do my best to play my part well.

AbsentMindedGirl

Quote from: AbsentMindedGirl on April 23, 2013, 01:50:51 AM
Hey im open to playing the role of your queen character as long as I don't have to completely submit to the kings orders and stuff like that.

Character Description:

Hair: Red
Eyes:Green
Height:5'9
Specialty: not much into the combat as she will be a more charismatic character (and who knows I could try to play hostage(i kinda want to play this like im being forced to stay on kings side because of the looming threat of execution if i betray him))
Accent:slightly irish

so yah if you'd consider me joining just say so and ill join and by the way im waiting for my approval but hopefully ill be good soon to make my profile and all that so sorry if a backround check is kinda impossible but ill do my best to play my part well.

i just realized this is an old thread so i hope its still open ^_^