Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D : LOCKDOWN (Recruiting)

Started by Sirian Eve, June 13, 2017, 05:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Pennie Candie on June 15, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
[b]Name/Codename[/b]  Skye  - Daisy Johnson
[b]Faceclaim[/b] Chloe Bennet
[float=right][img] url link goes right in here[/img][/float]
[b]Gender/Orientation[/b  ]Female/Hetero
[b]Race[/b]   Inhuman

[b]Simple background[/b] (Since we're going to go alternative. I'm taking the position that Lincoln is alive, but has not yet joined SHIELD, unless someone joins up) Complicated is her middle name, orphan kid, too smart for her own good, got involved in hacking and tech, pushed the legal boundries till she came to SHIELD's attention.  The rest is canon, though she continues to train with May even though she's a full agent now.  Looks to Coulson as somewhat of a father figure. (I'm open to Jiaying being alive still or not, etc.
[b]Personality[/b]Curious to a fault, but also very intelligent.  She doesn't like being told no.  Determined to do her best though and push herself beyond what others think she's capable of.
[b]Skillset and Abilities[/b] Hacker, Inhuman, trouble magnet.
[b]Theme Song[/b]

I'm still working through this in my head if that's ok.  Since this is my first real game, I don't know if I feel brave enough to jump in on May or Jemma...  What would I need to do beyond writing more detail on Daisy?

That would be it. Once your done. I'll look at and see what's what and then I'll take it from there. If there are any character collaborations you want to pursue with other members of the team than you can contact them via private message. I'll be posting rules next, but don't feel you have to rush.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

Name/Codename Taskmaster
Faceclaim Sean Bean (not that you'll ever see his face behind the mask)
Gender/Orientation Male
Race   Human
Simple background A man of many talents-well, talents that all stem from his actual talent-he's spent his life as a mercenary, employing his vast array of technical and physical skills to earn quite a lucrative lifestyle. But the thrill of the jobs is also a perk of being in the business, so he's constantly on this or that mission for the highest bidder. There is a trade-off to this amazing ability of his, however; the more he learns and memorizes about others' skills and the like, the more he forgets about his own life, his past, his personality. It's a pipe dream to be able to have the benefit without the side effect...or is it? In his heart of hearts he doesn't really believe it, but if someone could come along and make the promise that they could make that happen...
Personality Cold and calculating when planning, but sadistic and pompous in the execution. Always looking for both talent he can train, and challenges that are worthy of his level of skill. Also very focused, when he knows something he really wants is on the line, and terribly vindictive when threatened or thwarted on the rare occasion it happens.
Skillset and Abilities An ordinary human physically, his brain has a form of photographic memory that is leaps and bounds beyond what someone like, say, Dr. Stephen Strange possesses. It is connected to his reflexes, almost like an artificial instinct that other humans do not share, where he can memorize the physical actions of anyone he witnesses, in person or  on video. In this way he has mastered every known martial art, the particular fighting styles of some of the world's greatest combatants, and every form of weaponry. He is always hidden behind a mask so his face has never been seen by client, opponent or victim, giving him a distinct advantage if he needs to go into hiding for whatever reason. He is always extremely well-armed and wears a suit of body armor with similar flexibility and durability to that of Daredevil's
Theme Song (I'm open to suggestions; something about losing one's sense of identity, but not with lame-sounding music to accompany the lyrics?)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Batman4560

I'll have a sheet up sometime after work tomorrow with luck

Kokaine

Did you wanna work anything out between out characters or are we going with this being the point when they reunite? Or no history at all?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Batman4560

Haven't decided yet. I have an original character from an old Marvel game I'd like to bring in but I want to talk to Sirian first. I'll keep you updated unless you have an idea in mind?

Kokaine

Nah. No worries. I didn't realize you had changed your mind. :)

I'll have Bobbi up in a bit.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Batman4560

Haven't changed my mind, just bouncing some ideas around in my head.

Mathim

Blah...OC's aren't my cup of tea in a game like this. Wonder who I should take up as a second character, one of the good guys...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Batman4560

Name/Codename Arthur Taylor/Excalibur
Faceclaim Henry Cavill
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Gender/Orientation Male/Straight
Race Human

Simple background
Arthur was born in Liverpool England to a poor family. His father John and mother Mary did their best to support him. John always told Arthur stories of King Arthur and the knights of the round table, filling the young boys mind with thoughts of sword fights and magic kingdoms. The young boy spent most of his free time teaching himself how to sword fight and rally his friends to "combat" or at least come together for a common goal.

At the age of ten Arthur built a tree house that he considered his castle. The tree house was three stories tall with a home made round table he and his fiends sat at and played games on. When Arthur turned twelve he went out to a nearby lake to fish so he could attempt to cook them for his friends. While fishing his eyes caught the glimmer of silver at the bottom of the lake. Curious about what it was at the bottom of the lake, Arthur took a few steps back and tossed his line out to the middle of the lake. The sinker on the line caused the fishing line to drop and hook to something.

With a gentle tug and reel of the line, he reeled in the item while carefully tugging the at the pole. He was amazed to find that he had found a real sword wrapped in a black and gold scabbard. He pulled it out of the scabbard and it seemed to not have a single speck of rust on it. Arthur pulled the blade up and examined it carefully. While looking at the blade he noticed it had two different things inscribed on it. On one side it said "True kings" and on the other side it said "Cut steal".

Arthur swung the blade around a few times before it wrapped him in black and gold armor and bestowed upon him super strength, enhanced durability and gave his blade the ability to fire off small bursts of light. Arthur freaked out and tried to drop the blade but when he let it go it changed to a gauntlet and the armor vanished. Arthur tried to remove the gauntlet before it changed into a small bracelet that looked like a wrist watch.

He spent the next three years doing his best to hide this from his parents and returned to the lake every day, using his weapon and armor to enhance his powers. He slowly raised his powers to the point that he felt he could make a difference in the world. Just as he was getting ready to make his debut in England the Avengers made their debut. Arthur felt instantly like he was not ready...He told his parents about his powers and shortly after he was sent to the new school that S.H.I.E.L.D. was running. After graduating he was pulled into a small task force ran by Agent Coulson...
Personality
Arthur has taken the fact that he found Excalibur to heart and has taken on an air of nobility. He is decisive and just, often times not even bothering to draw his weapon against someone that does not have a means to defend themselves. He considers all his allies his "knights" and values each of their opinions and lives. Arthur will always place himself in harms way if it will keep his friends safe. The first to enter a conflict and the last to leave, Arthur considers himself a natural leader even if others don't.
Skillset and Abilities
Enhanced Strength- In his armored form Arthur is stronger than a normal human. He isn't sure how strong he actually is.
Enhanced Defense- In his armored form Arthur can take much more damage than a normal human. Again he is not sure how much. (Current level: Bullets)
Basic Training- Arthur has had basic field Training from various S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and can preform a variety of skills to a basic degree, (Driving, marksmanship, computer working, scouting.)
Magic sword- The sword Arthur uses is capable of launching concussive beams of light.
Magic scabbard- Arthur's scabbard allows him to heal from mortal wounds in a quicker manner. Not to the same level of Wolverine or the Hulk but faster than a normal human.

WEAKNESSES:

Reduced Agility- In his armored form Arthur cannot dodge as well as a normal human and is much more prone to being struck in combat.
Gauntlet Dependent- without his gauntlet/Bracelet Arthur cannot summon his armor or weapon.
Human- Arthur is at his core a normal guy and without being in his armored form he is just as weak and frail as anyone else.
Defensive Overflow-
The armor is capable of taking 'defensive overflow'. What this basically means is that if it absorbs more damage than it is capable of resisting, it temporarily disappears until its magical energies can recharge. The amount of time the armor is unable to be called on will be a function of the overflow damage. For example, where a car-bomb against his chest might make the armor disappear for a few minutes, and falling from a large height might dismiss it for most of an hour, taking a hit from the Hulk could send it away for a couple of hours, etc.
Theme Song

Kokaine

Name/Codename: Dr. Bobbi Morse / Agent 19 aka Mockingbird
Faceclaim: Adrianne Palicki
Gender/Orientation: Female / Pansexual
Race: Human

Simple background: Having graduated at the top of her class from S.H.I.E.L.D.s academy, the exploits of the agent known as Mockingbird are potentially long and greatly varied so I will endeavor to keep this short. Dr. Barbara "Bobbi" Morse was born and raised in San Diego, California. She excelled in school and later attended the Georgia Institute of Technology, where she specialized in biology and eventually earned a doctorate degree. Originally her goal was simply to be a scientist but sometime during her college years she was recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. and took on the codename Agent 19. One of her earliest assignments did indeed make use of her talents in science and sent her undercover to work on a research project known as Project: Gladiator, which was an attempt to replicate the Super-Soldier serum that created Captain America though a flawed serum created Man-Thing instead, but from there it seemed her talents made sure that she would never again get to be 'just a scientist'.

In her early years with S.H.I.E.L.D. Bobbi was generally tasked with investigating potential subversives within their own organization due to her skill in infiltration, intelligence gathering, and simply reading people. Unfortunately her success in these endeavors along with her convincing performances eventually led to her being painted as a criminal despite the fact that she was actually operating under Director Fury's direct orders. Her efforts revealed several moles within S.H.I.E.L.D. over time but ultimately she was taken out by a group of agents believing her to be a true enemy. Only after she was injured and captured was the truth then revealed and her name cleared by the Director himself and following the ordeal Bobbi was forced to take some time to heal and recover from her injuries.

In the years following, Bobbi continued to operate as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and was eventually dubbed Mockingbird for her tendency to taunt foes. She later transferred to the west coast to lend her talents to those stationed there, alternately working as part of a larger team and then solo or in team ups when the situation warranted. It was during a team up that Bobbi was mortally wounded and Fury made the decision to inject her with a combination of the Super Soldier Serum that turned Steve Rogers into Captain America and the Infinity Formula that slowed his own aging--though he admitted that the potential effects of the serum long term were unknown to him. Regardless, Mockingbird made a quick recovery and returned to active duty.

Most recently it has become apparent that, following a mission undertaken in Las Vegas, there might have been some... "lingering complications". Bobbi has yet to say anything definitive on the subject and instead usually makes some bawdy quip (generally at someone else's expense) to rile up the team and distract them.

Personality: Bobbi Morse is quite a warm and friendly person with strong beliefs and unwavering loyalty all neatly wrapped into a brainy, cool, and confident package. (Can anyone say, smart ass?!) Naturally charismatic she is very much a people person and generally feels right at home in any crowd. She cares deeply for those she grows close to and is fiercely protective of them, often willing to go to great lengths to try and ensure their safety. It is true that she excels at deception and manipulation but in truth Bobbi hates lying to those close to her--yet, she can, and will, lie for reasons she deems necessary. Business is business after all and as she almost devoutly believes in S.H.I.E.L.D's mission it remains her focal point--which has admittedly caused her some trouble in her personal life as those habits that make her a top agent are hard to break. She enjoys what she does and the rush that sometimes comes along with it but along with that she absolutely hates feeling idle or useless--which probably contributes to the opinion shared by a few that she enjoys the game just a little too much.

Overall though Bobbi generally relies on a mix of hard facts and gut instincts to guide her rather than skewing too far to one side or the other (despite being a scientist) but she is also exceptionally strong-willed and stubborn and can be ridiculously hard to budge once she had taken a stance. She has notable difficulty sharing her own feelings when hurt and is prone to deflecting when such things come up.

Skillset and Abilities:
Master Spy: Well trained by S.H.I.E.L.D. in espionage and counter-espionage techniques, Bobbi excels at keeping secrets and hiding in plain sight with deep cover work being a particular specialty of hers. She is a master manipulator and is able to easily cultivate relationships, some romantic, for the purpose of gathering intelligence. Even those she would consider close to her have trouble ferreting out the truth from lies when she deems it necessary.

Expert Interrogator: Morse has a great skill at reading people and getting inside their minds. She is able to analyze a person's speech (even when limited) and find key information, though admittedly she finds it easier to read a person when they are speaking English.

Master Martial Artist: Bobbi is skilled in multiple martial arts and several forms of hand-to-hand combat, including kung fu and Tae Kwon Do. She is known to be extremely dangerous when fighting in close quarters. She is also familiar with a wide range of weaponry, particularly her trademark twin staves.

Top Notch Athlete: She is a talented gymnast and highly trained athlete.

Proficient Marksman: Through her training with S.H.I.E.L.D., Morse has become an accomplished sharpshooter, favoring the use of heavy caliber handguns.

Pilot: Bobbi is capable of flying most S.H.I.E.L.D. (or comparable) aircraft.

Biochemist: Morse has a PhD in Biology.

Multilingualism: Morse speaks several languages including English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, and Mandarin Chinese. Despite her skills, however, Morse prefers speaking English during her missions.

Weapons: Mockingbird carries two hollow steel-alloy poles (battles staves) each extending up to four feet. She uses these staves as fighting clubs, she screws them together to be used as a bo-staff or javelin, or extend to an eight-foot vaulting pole. Each stave has a taser on the end and may be called back to her with the use of special bracelets.

Suit: Mockingbird's costume is made of Kevlar and Beta cloth making it bulletproof and fire resistant.

Glasses: Besides just being cool as hell, Mockingbird's glasses have night vision.

After being mortally wounded, Mockingbird was injected with a serum composed of the Super Soldier Serum that created Captain America and the Infinity Formula. While the long term effects are still unknown, she has thus far proven to possess enhanced strength, healing, and agility though she is still adjusting to this.

Theme Song:
The Mission "M Is For Milla Mix" - Puscifer ft Milla Jovovich

My O/Os

Batman4560

First of all, our group is looking fairly well balanced. Second, is Task Master going to be a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. in this situation?

Sirian Eve

Nope, Taskmaster will be fucking shit up. I'll have more details later on. :)

Batman4560

Sirian Eve

Almost done making a profile, just need to find the right face for Selene.

Sirian Eve

Okay so three things.

I will be posting up a character sheet  for Selene today.
I will be posting up an in detail in game story thread so you guys will have some insight.
Lastly a character  sheet thread will go up.

Batman4560

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know, that at the end of the month and for all of July my Girl Friend from Belgium is coming to America to stay with me for a while. I'll be on at night to try to keep up but I don't want anyone to think I vanished before this even gets started.

Sirian Eve

Sure thing Bats, no rush on this game. It may be another few days before we start. I will also be going out of town for the week, but I should  have some things posted.

keyotess

Hello, I would be interested in joining in, if there is room.   The character I would be interested in playing is Alisha_Whitley of the Inhumans.  In this alternate timeline she was never controlled by Hive.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Batman4560

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Mathim

That should be interesting! Even though she can create duplicates of herself, they're all still using the same fighting techniques, so the Taskmaster can still turn her moves back against her...all of her. But I'd still love to see that fight.

keyotess

The problem Taskmaster would have with her is dealing with perfectly coordinated attacks from multiple directions. :)

IE:  I know she is already sending a punch to the back of my head, but I am stuck blocking this kick at my solar plexus! ;)

Sirian Eve

Hello! Welcome.

Alisha is a interesting  addition.

Currently  on the road right now, but  I should have something  up tonight.

keyotess

Thanks, I will get an official character sheet up. :)

keyotess

Name/Codename Alisha Whitley/One Woman Army, Ginger Ninjas
Faceclaim Alicia Vela-Bailey
Gender/OrientationFemale/lesbian
Race Inhuman

Simple background Alisha Whitley was one of many residents in Afterlife, a settlement established by Jiaying as a safe haven for Inhumans. Whitley herself was one of the few members of the community to go through Terrigenesis, emerging with the ability to produce four identical clones of herself with which she could communicate with telepathically through a hive mind system. Over time, Whitley developed a deep emotional attachment to her doubles, and also became a close confidante of Jiaying.  Jiaying manipulated Alisha and the rest of Afterlife into believing that SHIELD was planning to kill or enslave all the Inhumans, creating a crisis that lead to the deaths of many inhabits of Afterlife.  Alisha then helped Jiaying to take over the SHIELD ship Iliad to recover Terrigen Crystals and help more Inhumans release their special abilities.  But once she discovered that Jiaying's plan would cause the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of people, she questioned Jiaying on whether there wasn't a better way to protect Inhumans.  Jiaying soothed Alisha down and set her to stop Daisy, which she did.  But she left one clone to follow Jiaying, listening in on Jiaying conversations and overheard how the woman had manipulated the crisis with SHIELD, how Jiaying had sacrificed the lives of innocent Inhumans to trick the Inhumans of Afterlife into fighting SHIELD.  She stopped fighting Daisy and let her go and stop Jaiying.  Alisha drifted for a time, until the threat of Lash came around, then she worked with SHIELD to stop him and has been with them since.  Staying because they give her a way to protect Inhumans and be a voice for Inhumans with Daisy.

Personality Loyalty is her defining trait, once she has chosen you as someone worth having her loyalty, she will have your back, even sacrificing herself to protect you.  Right now she is lost, SHIELD is providing her a way to protect other Inhumans, but she isn't sure she can trust them quite yet.  She is a woman who has had her life turned upside down, the cause she was working for, turned out to be not as noble as she had been lead to believe.  The methods being used, just plain immoral no matter how you tried to justify them.  She discovered just how much she had been manipulated and afraid of that happening again.  She is questioning everything as she rebuilds her life.  The one cause she is still fighting for is protecting Inhumans.

Skillset and Abilities:
Replication: Whitley is able to project four images of her own body. She uses her duplicates in combat to overwhelm her enemy and chain attacks together. These duplicates, however, were dependent on the prime Whitley remaining conscious. Whenever her power is in use, Whitley's eyes were completely glazed over with white, her pupils and irises simply vanishing.  Her Duplicates are able to absorb much more damage than a regular person and recover from being knocked unconscious almost instantly.  Her duplicates can only be reabsorbed by touch and only prime can create duplicates. 

Hive Mind System: Whitley can mentally command all of her duplicates to do her bidding without a spoken word. She also possesses the ability to know and control what her duplicates are doing. She can tell when one of her duplicates have been killed, suffering to some extent when this happens.

Weakness: When a clone is killed, she has to reabsorb the body and then it can be fixed and re-summoned at that point.

Perfect Recall: Alisha's mind has had to develop to handle the increased amount of input that comes with being in continuous communication with 4 minds and has developed a better "filing system" giving her perfect recall of anything she experiences, reads or hears.

True Multitasking: Because of her Hive Mind, Alisha is capable of doing multiple discrete actions at once.  ie: Alisha can text and drive at the same time unlike these (most)people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjSWDwJILs

Expert Martial Artist: Whitley is a highly skilled in unarmed combat, being able to defeat multiple S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in hand-to-hand combat.
Expert Acrobat: Whitley is an accomplished acrobat.

Theme Song One Woman Army