About "Marquee"...

Started by Spookie Monster, December 09, 2006, 10:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

First, I hope that I'm not repeating something that's already been mentioned on this board.  I also hope that I'm not stating the obvious.  I'm a lover and a fighter, not a computer guy; please be gentle with me and tolerate my inability to use technical terms and express technical ideas.

Second, I acknowledge how unimportant this issue probably is.  I'd simply like to mention it in the interest of thoroughness.  And hey, who knows? - maybe it turns out to be indicative of a bigger problem after all.

Anyway, the issue appears to be this:

When using "Marquee" with "Bold," "Italics," or other forms of JavaScript, the other forms of JavaScript must be noted within the "Marquee" markups; otherwise, they won't work properly.

If I use only "Marquee" and "Bold" markups, for example,

test

is the result of using the "Marquee" markups outside of the "Bold" markups, while

test
[/b]

is the result of using the "Bold" markups outside of the "Marquee" markups.

This might apply to forms of JavaScript beyond "Marquee," too - I'm not sure, because I didn't test them all.

I hope that that's clear.  I also hope that I'm not wasting anybody's time.  Thanks for your attention. :)

Maybe this '08 campaign is finally getting to me... ;D

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Lilac

...bold and italics are old html standards, and have nothing to do with javascript >_>

Anyway, marquee use deserves a spanking.  Or, if the subject likes spankings, a probation from them. >_>

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Lilac on December 09, 2006, 10:34:50 AM...bold and italics are old html standards, and have nothing to do with javascript >_>

Umm... yes... of course... ;D

Quote from: Lilac on December 09, 2006, 10:34:50 AMAnyway, marquee use deserves a spanking.  Or, if the subject likes spankings, a probation from them. >_>

Uh oh...

Heh.  Whatever the case, just thought that I should mention it.  Thanks for the reply! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~