The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 01, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
I'm still trying to work on my idea. >.> Being sick does not loan itself easily to... you know... thinking.

D'aww... poor sick darlin'! *Cuddles* Absolutely NO hurry!

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 01, 2014, 09:47:25 AM
*whimpers and accepts the pampering*

*Makes some homemade soup and spoonfuls some to Porcelain.*

Is a Werebear acceptable by the way Bubby?
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: skyre on December 01, 2014, 12:48:43 PM
*Makes some homemade soup and spoonfuls some to Porcelain.*

Is a Werebear acceptable by the way Bubby?

*perks at the mention of werebear as she sips soup*

Mew?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Deamonbane

I know that... Beorn is the germanic root for Bjorn, the Norwegian, Swedish and also Danish word for Bear. It is also the name of a Werebear character in the Hobbit book...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Hazy Sky

Well I'm working with Bjorn rather than Beorn because I don't like the pronunciation of that variant of the word. Bjorn rolls off the tongue so beautifully. I love how it feels in the mouth especially if you pronounce the J as a Y. Lovely...

*Checks Porcelain's forehead and cools it again with an ice water flannel. *
You poor thing.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Deamonbane

Quote from: skyre on December 01, 2014, 03:00:21 PM
Well I'm working with Bjorn rather than Beorn because I don't like the pronunciation of that variant of the word. Bjorn rolls off the tongue so beautifully. I love how it feels in the mouth especially if you pronounce the J as a Y. Lovely...
*nods* I most definitely agree on that point.

bubby

Remember, if you're making a char for here, to spread the word! Cuz as much as I like you all, 7 people isn't quite gunna keep up the Muse interest methinks, lol.

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on December 01, 2014, 03:36:53 PM
Remember, if you're making a char for here, to spread the word! Cuz as much as I like you all, 7 people isn't quite gunna keep up the Muse interest methinks, lol.

I've got a couple people I'm gonna try to bring in to this.

bubby

Hazy Sky

One Werebear as promised. He's based off a character that I created for another game, but this setting is his idea of heaven,
so I've adapted him to suit it a little better and tweaked him to reflect how I actually play him.

Name: Bjorn Jarn

Race: Human/Seggr-bjorn dar

Description: His human form reflects something of his background and his nature. He is tall at six foot and eight inches with long blonde hair that he wears loose or at best tied back in a loose plait, a full beard and cool, hard blue eyes. He is heavily muscled with a few faded tattoos of such varied design as to suggest he has been to quite a few corners of the world at one time or another. His animal form is a huge brown Kodiak bear. He seldom assumes an in between form as he believes his animal form is both more powerful and more useful. He's probably right. He tends to wear linen and cotton and he doesn't notice the cold.

Personality: His personality reflects his dual nature. He's almost always calm, quiet and softly spoken. He's welcoming to those he knows, but can be slower to accept and trust strangers. Those who he comes to think of as friends he would do just about anything for. His temper is slow to start, but fierce once awakened. He's perfectly happy on his own or with company. He tends to be a bit vague on social niceties. Like not wandering around naked after changing his form for instance. This has more to to with the fact that he's comfortable with what he is and who he is than not actually knowing the rules. He either takes an interest in people or none at all. There is seldom an in between with him. People can be interesting for a variety of reasons though.  His animal form mirror his human personality closely although he is then even less interested in most people. He can be territorial in both forms, but once he decides to allow you into his space there will be no further issues. Wandering in alone and uninvited as a stranger is not recommended. He will certainly confront you. Go to his house looking for him and he will find you.
His mode of speech can be a little unusual, since he will draw on the animal part of his mind as much as his human. Perhaps referring to people by their scent as much as their appearance or name for example.
He speaks the truth. Always. He has no time for deceipt or deception. Whilst he believes in right and wrong, his attitude to what he sees as the unnecessary complexities of human laws is more ambivalent. Whilst he is capable of killing he generally will only do so as a last resort or in self defence. He has killed before. Extended periods of cold weather tend to make him sleepy and lethargic. Hot weather makes him want to swim and lie about in the shade.

History: Bjorn was born many years ago. He's lost track of exactly when. Certainly the world was a quieter, less noisy place than it is now. Knowing exactly how old he is doesn't matter to him. It's a human trait he has no need of. He was born in a village deep in the heart of a forest that has since slipped off the map. His mother and father were both changers and he has been slipping between forms since he was old enough to crawl. He has alway preferred to be in the wilds than in a town. By nature he strongly believes in right and wrong and in exploration and learning through discovery. It is this Creed that has driven his wanderings around the world, never settling in one place for too long. He has been known by many names and called many places home. At this moment in his life he has settled in one place, he watches over the Sisters from the forest, although quite why he does so remains a mystery.

Skills/Power: He can transform to animal form at will day or night. Returning to his human form requires that he be out of direct sunlight though and sunlight slows his healing considerably from its normally high rate. Deep shadows or being inside a building or cave is enough to allow him to return to his human form and speed up his healing, but it's still not as swift as during the hours of darkness. When he transforms, he appears fully naked, which can in itself be problematic. In his animal form he has a inhumanely keen sense of smell and hearing, sharper even than a bloodhound. This is not unusual for a bear. He retains his full human intelligence in animal form, but may or may not choose to reveal that. His animal form is both larger and stronger than even a powerful wild Kodiak bear. In his animal form he stands at abiut two metres at the shoulder and can rear up to a final height of close to four metres. He is capable giving an intimidating bellow that strikes fear in the heart of mortals. When he is angered his animal form increases in size and strength.  There doesn't seem to be an upper limit to his size or strength, but he has no direct control over the increase. He heals all none fatal injuries incredibly quickly.
He wears a leather thong with a small bronze Mjolnir hammer on it round his neck. It's the only piece of jewellery that he wears. It has an uncomplicated enchantment bound to it that is able to recreate a simple set of linen trousers and a shirt at will. This might not seem like a terribly useful enchantment to most people, but to Bjorn it comes in quite handy at times.
In human form he is skilled with an axe and his fists. He's not formally trained as such, but he has years of experience with all of them and that counts for something.
In animal form he uses his claws and jaws to deadly effect. Should he so choose he's equally capable of cuffing or striking people with his paws without leaving so much as a bruise, or carrying an egg in his mouth without breaking it.

Ons &Offs: He doesn't do anything that could be deemed deliberately cruel, uncomfortably painful or cause permanent harm. Most other things are fair game.

Player Skyre.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Deamonbane

Hazy Sky

Thanks guys. I went for big deliberately. I did some digging around and found out that Kodiaks were the biggest grizzly, then I found the record of the biggest Kodiak and added about 25‰ for good measure just to make him freaking huge.
The thing with him as a character is that he very seldom if ever actually throws his size around. He knows he can handle himself, so he's actually incredibly chilled almost all of the time.

Edit: The original reason he was so big was that there was a seven foot werewolf floating about the game and I figured a Werebear had to have noticeable size, weight and strength margin on one of those to reflect that a bear is bigger, heavier and stronger than a wolf. I had totally forgotten that and it just came back to me. 

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

I found my model for my character. Just need to figure out what, exactly, she is. Maybe a witch/oracle type. *debates*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Swashbuckler

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 03, 2014, 09:56:16 AM
Thanks guys. I went for big deliberately. I did some digging around and found out that Kodiaks were the biggest grizzly, then I found the record of the biggest Kodiak and added about 25‰ for good measure just to make him freaking huge.
The thing with him as a character is that he very seldom if ever actually throws his size around. He knows he can handle himself, so he's actually incredibly chilled almost all of the time.

Edit: The original reason he was so big was that there was a seven foot werewolf floating about the game and I figured a Werebear had to have noticeable size, weight and strength margin on one of those to reflect that a bear is bigger, heavier and stronger than a wolf. I had totally forgotten that and it just came back to me.

Basically he's a big soft cuddly teddybear! *giggles*

I'm sort-of waiting to see what other characters people come up with before I finally decide whether I want to participate. I've had some disappointments on group games in the past where the character mix didn't really work for me. I may just create an ordinary character rather than one of the sisters...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Bloodied Porcelain

I've settled on a race finally and working on my sheet! *excited dancing*

Black Howling

I got one profile to knock out before I start on characters for this. I'm gonna be mainly rehashing some my favored classics of mine, similar to what Bubby did.

bubby

Quote from: skyre on December 03, 2014, 07:35:51 AM
One Werebear as promised. He's based off a character that I created for another game, but this setting is his idea of heaven,
so I've adapted him to suit it a little better and tweaked him to reflect how I actually play him.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Bjorn Jarn

Race: Human/Seggr-bjorn dar

Description: His human form reflects something of his background and his nature. He is tall at six foot and eight inches with long blonde hair that he wears loose or at best tied back in a loose plait, a full beard and cool, hard blue eyes. He is heavily muscled with a few faded tattoos of such varied design as to suggest he has been to quite a few corners of the world at one time or another. His animal form is a huge brown Kodiak bear. He seldom assumes an in between form as he believes his animal form is both more powerful and more useful. He's probably right. He tends to wear linen and cotton and he doesn't notice the cold.

Personality: His personality reflects his dual nature. He's almost always calm, quiet and softly spoken. He's welcoming to those he knows, but can be slower to accept and trust strangers. Those who he comes to think of as friends he would do just about anything for. His temper is slow to start, but fierce once awakened. He's perfectly happy on his own or with company. He tends to be a bit vague on social niceties. Like not wandering around naked after changing his form for instance. This has more to to with the fact that he's comfortable with what he is and who he is than not actually knowing the rules. He either takes an interest in people or none at all. There is seldom an in between with him. People can be interesting for a variety of reasons though.  His animal form mirror his human personality closely although he is then even less interested in most people. He can be territorial in both forms, but once he decides to allow you into his space there will be no further issues. Wandering in alone and uninvited as a stranger is not recommended. He will certainly confront you. Go to his house looking for him and he will find you.
His mode of speech can be a little unusual, since he will draw on the animal part of his mind as much as his human. Perhaps referring to people by their scent as much as their appearance or name for example.
He speaks the truth. Always. He has no time for deceipt or deception. Whilst he believes in right and wrong, his attitude to what he sees as the unnecessary complexities of human laws is more ambivalent. Whilst he is capable of killing he generally will only do so as a last resort or in self defence. He has killed before. Extended periods of cold weather tend to make him sleepy and lethargic. Hot weather makes him want to swim and lie about in the shade.

History: Bjorn was born many years ago. He's lost track of exactly when. Certainly the world was a quieter, less noisy place than it is now. Knowing exactly how old he is doesn't matter to him. It's a human trait he has no need of. He was born in a village deep in the heart of a forest that has since slipped off the map. His mother and father were both changers and he has been slipping between forms since he was old enough to crawl. He has alway preferred to be in the wilds than in a town. By nature he strongly believes in right and wrong and in exploration and learning through discovery. It is this Creed that has driven his wanderings around the world, never settling in one place for too long. He has been known by many names and called many places home. At this moment in his life he has settled in one place, he watches over the Sisters from the forest, although quite why he does so remains a mystery.

Skills/Power: He can transform to animal form at will day or night. Returning to his human form requires that he be out of direct sunlight though and sunlight slows his healing considerably from its normally high rate. Deep shadows or being inside a building or cave is enough to allow him to return to his human form and speed up his healing, but it's still not as swift as during the hours of darkness. When he transforms, he appears fully naked, which can in itself be problematic. In his animal form he has a inhumanely keen sense of smell and hearing, sharper even than a bloodhound. This is not unusual for a bear. He retains his full human intelligence in animal form, but may or may not choose to reveal that. His animal form is both larger and stronger than even a powerful wild Kodiak bear. In his animal form he stands at abiut two metres at the shoulder and can rear up to a final height of close to four metres. He is capable giving an intimidating bellow that strikes fear in the heart of mortals. When he is angered his animal form increases in size and strength.  There doesn't seem to be an upper limit to his size or strength, but he has no direct control over the increase. He heals all none fatal injuries incredibly quickly.
He wears a leather thong with a small bronze Mjolnir hammer on it round his neck. It's the only piece of jewellery that he wears. It has an uncomplicated enchantment bound to it that is able to recreate a simple set of linen trousers and a shirt at will. This might not seem like a terribly useful enchantment to most people, but to Bjorn it comes in quite handy at times.
In human form he is skilled with an axe and his fists. He's not formally trained as such, but he has years of experience with all of them and that counts for something.
In animal form he uses his claws and jaws to deadly effect. Should he so choose he's equally capable of cuffing or striking people with his paws without leaving so much as a bruise, or carrying an egg in his mouth without breaking it.

Ons &Offs: He doesn't do anything that could be deemed deliberately cruel, uncomfortably painful or cause permanent harm. Most other things are fair game.

Player Skyre.

Ooohhh he's awesome skyre! Yay!

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 03, 2014, 10:03:44 AM
I found my model for my character. Just need to figure out what, exactly, she is. Maybe a witch/oracle type. *debates*
Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 03, 2014, 12:13:48 PM
I've settled on a race finally and working on my sheet! *excited dancing*

YAY! For me finding the model/pic is always what brings my character to life.  :D Excited to see her! Don't forget to PM her to me first.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on December 03, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
What's this?  A bubby  game?

Hmmmm...

That's right. You know you want in... cuummoonnnn Swash... ;)

Quote from: Chrystal on December 03, 2014, 11:32:01 AM
Basically he's a big soft cuddly teddybear! *giggles*

I'm sort-of waiting to see what other characters people come up with before I finally decide whether I want to participate. I've had some disappointments on group games in the past where the character mix didn't really work for me. I may just create an ordinary character rather than one of the sisters...

Hey, I totally get that. I just dropped out of a huge Game because it ended up not being anything at ALL what I thought it would be, and I had been so uber exited for it too. If you want to make a reg char you're more then welcome to, or a sister if you're still interested! Plus, be sure and tell people you play with, maybe they'd be interested in checking this out as well? I know many times playing with certain people you know and have played with before helps a lot. Totally up to you m'dear! I'd really love to have you, but I'd get it if it ended up not your cuppa.

Quote from: Black Howling on December 03, 2014, 12:27:13 PM
I got one profile to knock out before I start on characters for this. I'm gonna be mainly rehashing some my favored classics of mine, similar to what Bubby did.

Sweet! No rush darlin'.

Bloodied Porcelain

Blarg. Got all of it but the history done and I'm coming up blank.

bubby

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 03, 2014, 02:59:41 PM
Blarg. Got all of it but the history done and I'm coming up blank.

Lol. Don't force it darlin'. Just know that as a sister she was raised at the Manor, and that she won't remember much of daddy. There is still no hurry.  :-)

Hazy Sky

Glad you like him Bubby.
Chrystal, yes he is cuddly, but he's also fully capable of ripping your arms off if he chooses as well.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!