How to block an image on E?

Started by Blythe, March 22, 2014, 03:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Hey, everyone! I'm on Windows 8.1 and on the latest version of Chrome. Occasionally, I come across an avatar or sig image on E that I prefer not to look at, but I don't want to turn off all avatars and signatures. Is there a way I can just block one image? I've seen people mention it, but how would I go about that specifically?

consortium11

Adblock Plus is a pretty damn useful tool in general but it also allows for the blocking of individual images. In this case right click on the offending image, click "Adblock Plus: Block Image" and there should be an option to block the individual image's url so it won't come up again (normally the top option on the list).

Blythe

Ah, thank you very much, consortium11; that worked!

consortium11

Oniya

That's my 'go-to' as well.  Typically, I'll use it for an image that is otherwise fine, but just hits certain 'do-not-want' buttons in my brain.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17