Over The Rainbow (Or the Wizard of Lez) Need replacement Dorothy... :(

Started by Chrystal, June 07, 2013, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Actually, your RP history on E is publicly available, as is everyone's.

Okay, subject to a satisfactory character profile wih picture, I will reserve the Tin woman for you.

I didn't mean to be hard on you, but I have had a lot of group games killed off because someone suddenlt decides they don't want to play anymore. In a one-on-one it's different, but in a group, it's not fair on the others.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ascia

Quote from: Chrystal on November 07, 2013, 05:44:24 PM
Actually, your RP history on E is publicly available, as is everyone's.

Okay, subject to a satisfactory character profile wih picture, I will reserve the Tin woman for you.

I didn't mean to be hard on you, but I have had a lot of group games killed off because someone suddenlt decides they don't want to play anymore. In a one-on-one it's different, but in a group, it's not fair on the others.

I've GMed a ton of games, I understand, no worries. :-)

And I wasn't talking about my RP history on E. Heh.

AutumnRain

I don't know how you keep talking me into these group games, Chrystal, but I'm in for the scarecrow. I'll try to have a character sheet up soon.

Chrystal

*hugs Autumn*

Thanks babe.

SOOOOOOO.....

Tad and Ascia I need your characters please?

Ksangre, are you still in?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Clala

Chrystal

Quote from: ksangre on November 14, 2013, 07:03:01 PM
I am still in, just been lurking for a while.

*grins* Nothing wrong with lurking.

The only reason I asked was because you were first in, and I've known people loose interest in a game if it takes too long to get going. Glad you are still in. *hugs*

Chrystal

I'm still waiting on a tin woman...

Ascia, please could you PM your character concept to me?

Everyone else is in.

Chrystal

Ascia has declined to submit a character sheet and has dropped out.

The Tin Woman is now being played by Wicked Vixen, who act6ually expressed an interest when she saw I was still waiting for a Tin Woman char sheet.

Autumn, if you could finalise your character please, and then we can "reap the whirlwind".

Chrystal

I regret to inform the gang, that we are still in need of a tin woman.

If anyone knows someone who would like to play the character, please point them in this direction?

Thanks.

snapdragon

Quote from: Chrystal on November 22, 2013, 12:55:04 PM
I regret to inform the gang, that we are still in need of a tin woman.

If anyone knows someone who would like to play the character, please point them in this direction?

Thanks.

I'd be interested! I just am a recent addition to the forums though, but I do have offsite writing examples.

Chrystal

Hi Snapdragon, and welcome to E.

I have checked you out as much as it is possible, and I am happy to say, show me a concept for the Tin Woman, by PM, and I will consider it.

If you need any help at all, just ask, there are four experienced gals here, although Autumn is kinda shy. Ksangre is fairly new too.

I realise it's a bit unusual to ask for a character concept in a group game without letting anyone see any of the other characters, but kind-of what I'm hoping for is something of a clash, that I can use to create a totally unique Oz.

Ember Star

Hola-lola, welcome to E, Snapdragon! Love your user name BTW!
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

So named because if you put pressure on the flower petals in the right place, it "snaps" shut, like a dragon's mouth!

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 22, 2013, 06:10:09 PM

So named because if you put pressure on the flower petals in the right place, it "snaps" shut, like a dragon's mouth!
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Okay, with Snapdragon's concept approved, I think we are ready to go.

I'm hoping that Autumn is going to flesh out her character a little, and Snapdragon, I would love a bit more detail, like her age, for example. However, I am going to open an OOC thread, probably tomorrow, and entwine all the various threads from all the characters to see if I can weave a believable Oz for us to play in.

The really odd thing I've always felt about the Wizard Of Oz is that tin does not rust. Therefore the tin man in the original stories should logically have been made of iron.

Tin does oxidise in hot water vapour, however, and so I can imagine a scenario where our tin woman was hit by a blast of steam from a geyser and got oxidised. Or, possibly it was the wicked witch's doing all along?

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 23, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
Therefore the tin man in the original stories should logically have been made of iron.
Or steel...

Chrystal

Hmmm.... But not stainless.

I zinc we can galvanise things into action....

Chrystal

Attention: Tornado warning. All residents of small farms in Kansas are advised to take cover....

I have all the characters now. Watch this space.

*wanders off humming "somewhere over the rainbow"*

--- Oh yes, I was wondering, did everyone get the joke in the title of this thread? Not the unsubtle "Wizard Of Lez" one, but the more subtle one...

dead give away image (if it hotlinks)

Chrystal

FLY, MY PRETTIES, FLY!

OOC thread is open.

Please will everyone now post their approved characters to the thread.

This is the bit where you all go "Oh my god..." because you have no idea how these characters are going to fit together.

BUT, that is the idea. That is all part of the fun.

I'm working on mine...

Chrystal

Owing to computer failure, we have lost out Dorothy.

We therefore need a replacement please?

As all the characters except Dorothy have been revealed in the OOC thread, please have a look at them and PM a character sheet to me if you are interested.

I will say that the player who was originally going to play Dorothy had agreed that the Wicked Witch was her long vanished mother. If you are not okay with a little mother/daughter incest, then please let me know and I will change my character accordingly, but I have to say that if someone is up for it they are more likely to get the part...