Arrrgggg, Maties! It's Talk like a pirate day.

Started by Oreo, September 19, 2011, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I thought it might be fun to mix Talk Like A Pirate Day up a bit.

I hail from Scottish and Russian ancestry.

If my great great grand parents were pirates, what might they say on Pirates Day?

Basically, give me some unusual and funny versions of unlikely pirates from your past.

From the mouth of the Great Pirate Scotty: We'll drive 'em mad with our bagpipes laddy. Their swords ull drop and their hands el grab fer their ears, I tell ye...

>_> ...And I'll be mentioning this only once, if ya canna keep better care of yer sword lad, ye'll nay be gettin a new un.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Avis habilis

Now how be that for a coincidence, matey - I'm Scots-Irish & Ukrainian meself.

Now, the problem was that they lived in farmin' country, where there weren't no bodies of water for miles around. No problem for Black Ivan Dombrovski, that weren't! He built hisself a schooner on wheels & struck terror into the hearts of the honest folk of Ternopil's'ka, sailing across the wheat fields & plundering their mills! Sure & the landlubbers quaked when they heard his lusty cry of "yo ho ho & a bottle of vodka!"