Group Games [Bleach, Naruto, Pathfinder or SciFi] (Interest Check; Poll)

Started by Purple Dusk, January 21, 2015, 04:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Dusk

Welcome and thanks for looking!  So I'm looking to start a group RP, but since I can only do one, I'm posting this poll up to see where I should focus my efforts.  Have a peak and check a more detailed description below:

Bleach: Gotei 13 - Generation 1
Basically a Bleach RP (likely free-form or minor system in place) that follows the adventures of select up-and-coming shinigami who are being selected for the positions of Captains and Lieutenants, in the wake of the war against the Quincy (i.e. the first war when Ywach was sent to sleep and Yamamoto first became Captain-Commander).  The main ideas I have for this is stabalising Seireitei from the more criminal elements of Yamamoto's earlier Gotei and the rise of the Vasto-Lorde class hollows which made them so feared by the shinigami (at least in the early episodes of Bleach).

Naruto: Shinobi Resurgence
Set many generations after the 4th Shinobi War and The Last movie, and can be best described as Shinobi in highschool (likely free-form or minor system in place).  Basically, in an effort to bring the five great nations closer, Naruto's generation of Kage agreed to establish a unified shinobi academy in Amegakure (as a tribute to Nagato by Naruto) where all shinobi students from all the lands would go for their training.  It was hoped that by being exposed to each other, barriers and boundaries would break down and move the world closer to unity.  Now, many generations later, it has become large and influential and about to take on a new generation of brash shinobi students.
        Think basically any high school anime/manga that has fighting societies in it and warrior students.  Now insert shinobi in their place.  And so you have ninja high school students trying to balance their lectures, pride, and love lives whilst working hard to showcase their talent and prove they are the best.

Naruto: The Warring States
More specific and grittier than the above, as the title suggests, this will take place during the warring states era, before the establishment of the Hidden Villages (likely free-form or minor system in place).  This follows the adventures of shinobi from a newly formed coalition/alliance who have decided to try and capture the bijuu to give themselves a substantial advantage... however many hidden complications exist and other clans aren't likely to stand back and watch it happen.

Pathfinder: Mercenaries
This will be a simple up-front game, at least to begin with.  A small team of five will go treasure hunting in some ruins.  I have a more extensive campaign in mind, but first I'd like to get a group that meshes well together.  The basic idea is that a very remote island has been found on which a large part of an asteroid crashed on eons ago - the place is rich in rare metals and mining companies have been storming in, but things have proven dangerous enough that they have put an open call for mercenaries to guard their miners.  The work is dangerous and the pay is high.  The main 'base' from which players will operate from if this goes into a full campaign will be a ramshackle city styled after Kaer Maga - City of Strangers.

SciFi: ROH-9
A sci-fi (likely free-form or minor system in place) which follows survivors of a crashed penal colony ship on an alien world.  The tech level is probably on par with that found in Dead Space or a slightly more rudimentary Mass Effect-verse.  I haven't envisioned it being in either of those settings, but I'm open to the idea.  The world is Tidal Locked around the sun - one side always faces the sun and is a burning desert wasteland, whereas the other is always in darkness - a frigid frozen waste.  Along the twilight area between where the two meet, flora and fauna can flourish, but that doesn't make life easier; almost everything on this world is very dangerous to humans.  This is a bit of a survival/psychological horror sort of game.

Warhammer FRP2
I've also developed an interest to do something in the Fantasy Warhammer world.  Obviously a dark and gritty game.  More info in the future, but will likely have something to do with Chaos (unsurprisingly) and probably the Vampires.

Hope you guys can find something that piques your interest and I look forward to taking you on fantastic adventures!  If you have any comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to suggest them.

Blinkin

I might be interested in a Pathfinder game, depending on the particulars.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Purple Dusk

Hi Blinkin, thanks for asking!  Although I'm not certain about what particulars you're asking for, I'll expound with the following:

• All current Paizo material is acceptable.
  • Starting level probably at 4-6, with commensurate starting wealth.
  • Party should probably be anything except Evil.
  • All the standard races, and anything generally humanoid (up to 15 RP points)

To begin with, it's just going to be a standard, one dungeon treasure hunting romp, basically to get a team together and see if there's any rapport between them.  If things go well and everybody wants to carry on, then we can move on to a fully fledged campaign.  If you need more info, just ask!

Blinkin

Thanks for the additional information. What system are you going to use for ability scores?

How many traits and are drawbacks allowed?

How do you want HP done? I've seen a range of options from full at 1st and roll for the rest to 1/2+1 for all to... well the list is extensive.

I'll have to kick around ideas if you choose a Pathfinder game, but I'm thinking about doing something that I haven't done before, or sticking to something fairly stable and traditional. I could wish that someone would do a brownie or a pixie race; it's beyond me. lol

Thanks.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Purple Dusk

I'll begin play with the point-buy system just to keep everyone on the level (dice-rolling is a bit unpredictable), starting at 20 points.

Everyone can have their two traits, or three if they have a drawback.  HP will be full at 1st level and 1/2+1 at additional levels (also remember that Ultimate Campaign allows players to train their HP so their can increase it over time).

And I forgot to mention, though I love the psionics system, I won't be allowing it for this game as it will be an additional complication I don't want to handle.  But anything else is fair game, including firearms.

OyabunKobold

I wouldn't mind playing in the Pathfinder game as well so I'm submitting my interest into that one.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Batman4560

Would love to be involved in a Bleach game. Voting for that one now.

Mysterica

Quite frankly I'd be perfectly happy taking part in pretty much any of these ideas.

Chulanowa

Purple Dusk

Ok, seems that the Pathfinder game is attracting more attention at present, so I'll get some work done on that one for maps and encounters.

If anyone is interested, I could stand to get some help from a co GM, either for Pathfinder or one of the other games (in which case I'll then have the manpower necessary to run a second one).

Chulanowa

So, basically something like the Pathfinder Society, or some other "professional adventure" group like that, throwing a bunch of recruits together to nose around a spooky old tomb or something?

Purple Dusk

Characters can create whatever backstory they desire to link them together.  Ultimately, the idea was a big poster promising high payment, a group of down and out adventurers (4th or 5th level) decided to group together (since the mining groups are looking to hire companies rather than individuals).  They sign up, sail across the sea for nearly two weeks before their boat runs aground.  Fortunately, its nothing too serious and they decide to go the rest of the way on foot, where on the way, the come across the remains of a previous settlement.  Since they came for money and loot, well why not start getting paid a little early?  ;D

This may turn into a one-shot dungeon trek (2 levels, with about 20-30 rooms) as mentioned, but if there is raport between players and their characters, and everyone wants more, then there'll be a campaign waiting to be played out thereafter  :-)

Chulanowa

Blinkin

I'm sure that there will be an OOC group to discuss particulars about character involvements and so on, but would you have a problem with a smilodon animal companion made on a big cat template? (Lions and tigers are pretty close overall) I'm debating a Hunter as I've never played one before.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mysterica

I'll get to work planning a sorcerer... on Sunday while I have the day off...  not much time before that for me to plan much of anything.

OyabunKobold

I could throw together something Possibly a zen archer or maybe even try a Summoner again... my last summoner attempt kind of died in the water (Game never took off)

I do have a Arcanist Seducer though I could use... minor tweaks here or there for her would be all thats needed.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

yesiroleplay

I'd be interested in a Pathfinder game, and I love your concept.
I'd like to put my bid in for a bard, or perhaps a ranger depending on what other roles are filled.

Thinking a young adventurer fell in with a noble or royal scion a few years back, they were careful but eventually their romance was discovered and she became very sought after by various political factions - some wanting to eliminate "the Prince's embarrassment,"  some wanting to use her to discredit the Prince, others just wanting "the truth" despite the consequences...

All in all, she felt it best to get out of town with her head still on her shoulders.  She sees this excursion as a good way to disappear for a while.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: yesiroleplay on January 23, 2015, 03:35:39 PM

Sounds a lot like my arcanist. Shes a kitsune who was born to a noble knight and a tradeswoman possessed who got exiled from her village after she got the man she loved his job back as a man of the cloth. She had tricked him out of the job thinking he would come running to her arms if he didnt have to "Devote his life to god" yet all it did was make him a broken dejected man so she gave up her happiness to give him back his.

Now she wants to create her own kingdom and her life among evil races has turned her a bit on the CN side due to her selfishness.

Dynamod

I'm kinda new to pathfinder but I've been really wanting to play a game of it for awhile. In short, I'd like to play a kobold. Something rogue-ish, maybe a brawler? If I kept it just lawful neutral, would that be fine? I don't particularly like evil characters, but I would really have fun playing something reptilian in nature .w.

As far as backstory, he was part of an expansive underground tribe, but was shut out. Despite dearly wanting to return, he was forced above ground in order to survive. Now he's an adventurer, because the tunnels remind him of home, and also because he has become the servant of... (being a spellcaster's servant would be ideal, since he's scared of magic, he would naturally suck up to anyone with the potential to turn him into a newt) He doesn't mind the servitude however. Indeed, his master provides him a modicum of vague-but-threatening protection, so that he can go about his business relatively uninterrupted.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Dynamod on January 23, 2015, 05:42:02 PM
In short, I'd like to play a kobold.

Quotehe would naturally suck up to anyone with the potential to turn him into a newt

Quotekobold

I'm afraid that ship has already sailed  O8)

Dynamod

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 23, 2015, 06:20:14 PM
I'm afraid that ship has already sailed  O8)

Well, newts are even punier than kobolds are! Becoming small enough that you could be accidentally stepped on or crushed would not be desirable or ideal, and should be avoided at all costs.

Purple Dusk

Hi guys and welcome to all newcomers as well.  Within a day or two I will put up a separate recruitment thread for the the Pathfinder game, so further discussion on characters and the game can be done there  ;D

Just as a note, you can go ahead and build some random/wacky characters geared for what is essentially going to be a mostly search, destroy, and plunder dungeon romp.  If thereafter, everyone agrees that a campaign is in order, we'll proceed from there.  Don't feel too constrained by character design at this point as I'll permit you to freely create new characters and replace your existing characters throughout the dungeon trek as you please (we'll suspend disbelief for this period; just be sure to let everyone know in an OOC).  I'll also provide a NPC non-combat guide to provide you with a some information on the island the campaign is played on should you desire to interact with him.  You guys will have free creative reign to describe your places of origin (i.e. the rest of the world is a blank slate).

Catch you guys later!  :-)

Purple Dusk

Okay, the Pathfinder Recruitment is now open.

There is also currently a tie on the Bleach and Naruto games.  Anyone want to break it?