One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland) - Closed for now.

Started by Revenent, August 16, 2012, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxy Rocket

AribethAmkiir

Might need to work on some things.

Ariel Al'kiir

Name: Ariel Al’kiir

Race: Angel

Appearance: Ariel is a divine beauty who appears to be in her mid-twenties.  Ariel has gone to great lengths to meld her appearance into an appealing persona for those she has to interact with.  Brown hair, blue eyes, and tanned Caucasian skin allow her to pass for nearly human.  Of course, there’s little she can do to dull her aura which draws the eye and grants her an exotic, otherworldly, look.  While her white wings are ever present, she can make them invisible and intangible at will, hence allowing her to wear normal humanoid attire.  Ariel leans toward bright solid colors, such as white or pale blues, and dresses most frequently in a woman’s tailored business suit (formfitting slacks, low-cut blouse, and jacket), with inch high dress shoes.  Her brown hair, which falls to the middle of her back, is typically tied into a ponytail or up in a bun.

Sexual Preference: Someone who is redeemable. 

Former Gang: The Light of Dawn

Gang Position: Ariel has served as a soldier, strategist, and ambassador in the Light of Dawn.

Weapon of Choice: Though quite capable in battle, Ariel prefers to resolve disputes with words and not bloodshed, even demonic blood, unless she has to. It’s a preference which stems from a belief that all life is precious.  If she must fight, she prefers to get in close using a divine broadsword created by holy light.  She’s also known to carry a silver plated Berretta which is believed to be mostly for show and very few actually know how accurate she is with it.

Additional Skills: Like all angels, Ariel is capable of healing the wounds of others with spirit energy (or magic).  Having, quite literally, a voice of an angel it is quite difficult (but not impossible) to ignore what she has to say.  She possesses divine strength and durability.  Further, she can see into the soul of a person and know if they’re simply misguided or truly evil. 

Personality: Naturally kind, compassionate and caring, Ariel has had to learn to be guarded, jaded, and untrusting in order to survive life in middle city.  She has slowly learned to turn a blind eye to corruption and even embrace it, at times, as a necessary evil (something that grates against her conscious).

Bio: Ariel was assigned to Middle City only a few short years ago, after she ruffled the feathers of the wrong angel.  At first, she thought Middle city to be a worthy goal, a place where good was actually winning over evil and corruption.  She was taken in like so many were by the outer appearance of The Light of Dawn and eagerly worked to further their goals and ambition.  It didn’t take long, however, for Ariel to discover that things weren’t as shiny as it appeared.

Since then, she has slowly compiled evidence against her fellow angels and is waiting for a time to be able to present her findings to a higher court.  Passage from the earthly realm, however, is limited, controlled, and restricted by the powers that be within The Light of Dawn.

Forced to wait and bide her time, she’s kept an eye out for people who could help her ultimately tear down the Light of Dawn.  She has made a few friends, mostly amongst the unaffiliated who she watches over like a Guardian Angel.

Theme Song (optional): None

-fixed

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 07:40:26 PM
Hmm.

I don't think I'll join after all.

What made you change your mind?

Quote from: Revenent on August 18, 2012, 01:23:12 PM
Dumaya - Approved

I like her a lot, but keep in mind she has to have some excuse to come to the recruitment of our new gang, unless you want her to stick with the Unleashed at first (keeping in mind how this would limit your interaction, probably).

She isn't really bound to anybody, so as long as she can be convinced that, 1, there will be more fun on the other side, and, 2, her new boss(es) would be more superior than her current gang's, she'll be glad to change sides.

edit: I could also have The Unleashed off her Tikbalang friend unjustly, which shakes her loyalty to them.  There are many ways to have make Dumaya leave.  It won't be a problem :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Cold Heritage

Nice character, Aribeth! I am happy to see you interested in this game, and hope you get approved.  :-)
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Revenent

Ariel Al'kiir - Approved

Though it is actually "Light of Dawn," dear. ;)

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 07:40:26 PM
Hmm.

I don't think I'll join after all.

I am also interested in knowing why. You kind of owe us a reason, now.

AribethAmkiir

I'll edit.  Not sure how I mixed that up.  Too many things going on at once, maybe.

Chaosfox

SO I read through your story or read the recruitment thread this looks interesting is it still open by any chance ?
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Thorn14

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 01:30:32 AM
SO I read through your story or read the recruitment thread this looks interesting is it still open by any chance ?

I think so.  Reverent has said nothing about closing the recruitment any time soon, plus there seems to be an imbalance between male and female characters.
my  o&o and a&a

Chaosfox

Ok I will Have a character sheet up Monday at the latest.  Have a couple of ideas rolling around my head right now.

Roxy Rocket

Re: Roxy's Reasons

Oh, you know. Too lazy to piece together the setting from old posts and I can't come up with the same type of characters.

Revenent

Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 01:30:32 AM
Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 02:10:25 AM
Ok I will Have a character sheet up Monday at the latest.  Have a couple of ideas rolling around my head right now.

Yep, though I may close it soon. Anyone who's already read the thread and been interested (even if they only lurked) before I close it can still make a character, though. Don't feel the need to rush, though. I'm still waiting to hear from some of our old players.

Quote from: Thorn14 on August 19, 2012, 01:46:16 AM
This does sound neat.

Are human mages okay?

Of course! I was actually hoping we might get at least one human, since they seem like such a novelty now. :-)

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 19, 2012, 06:56:17 AM
Re: Roxy's Reasons

Oh, you know. Too lazy to piece together the setting from old posts and I can't come up with the same type of characters.

Don't worry about the old posts or characters. The setting (or tone, at least) is mostly crafted by the players, and with such a large amount of new people, I doubt it'll be exactly the same this time around.

TaurusBeresford

heh, my character used to be human, isn't now, but I usually do not like playing human types, it's too much like reality most of the time. I get easily tired of content that is mostly sexual in nature. character development and interaction in the daily lives strikes my interest much more, heh.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Healergirl

A character proposal:

Name: Carol Neathawk 

Race:Human

Appearance:  Tall brunette with short hair, athletic build, small bosom - looks downright flat-chested unless nude.  Typically wears a t-shirt of assorted colors with a light leather jacket, jeans, and hiking shoes with very sturdy soles that give her a good footing on whatever ground she is on.  She is always armed.

Sexual Preference: She doesn't talk about it

Former Gang: Undercover police operative. 

Gang Position:  Recently flipped to the side of the crew.  She may or may not be happy about this. 

Weapon of Choice:Handcuffs, a locking folding knife, a .380 automatic holstered at various places on her body as the mood strikes her.  She has friends in the armory, contacts with gunsmiths.  She carries unusual loads in her weapon as a matter of course.

Additional Skills: Superior investigation skills, a good liar, a good interrogater in that she has a feel for when people - defined very broadly - are lying to her.

Personality:  Professional in her approach to the job and a good attention to detail.  A bit moody, one gets a strong sense that her current associates are not her first choice of those she would associate with. 

Bio:  Much of her record is sealed, but she has, in the circles of those who know what she is, a reputation for going to very long lengths to get the job done  She is not a female Dirty Harry, she dislikes killiing intensely.  Kiling other humans, at least.  Of late, she has begun moving in circles the other players are familiar with, and some of the people they know do seem to be benefiting from knowing her.

Theme Song (optional): The Night Chicago Died  Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died (Live) 

Revenent

Carol Neathawk - Approved

Very neat idea, which could be of great use to the plot later on down the line. Feel free to move her to the character thread at your earliest convenience.

Chaosfox

Here is My Character and for future reference and because I have forgotten how to do it How do you Change the  Wording on the Spoiler ar that you click to show whats there?

Name: Damon Wright The III

Race:Vampire

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sexual Preference: BI
Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen

Gang Position: Spy/Hitman

Weapon of Choice: Whatever he can lay his hands on though he hi best known for his handy work with blades particularly daggers and throwing knives . He always has Two throwing knives hidden on him and a long dagger that is sheathed in his boot.

Additional Skills: Lock picking, Poison usage, stealthy movement, forgery, disguises, climbing, acrobatics, and acting.
Personality:

Bio: Damon was just a regular hit man (assassin is probably better term for that time period though)  who was given a target that he did not realize would change his life. The target in question turned out to be a vampire and because Damon had been so crafty in the attempt instead of having him killed Damon was turned instead.   Soon after he was turned he Joined up with The Brother Fallen where his skills as but a hit man and spy only increased.  For over 6 Centuries worked for the gang killing targets that he was given and keeping his own leaders alive at one point he was in charge of his own squad of killers and spies. Finally shortly before his 700th birth day he had a dispute with the guild leaders and left the guild  to become a hired sword. Since then Damon has mad living doing odd jobs even though most of the other guilds had a price on his head when they heard he was a hirable agent they all took there bounties off and since then he has done jobs for all guilds though he hates working for his old guild but still will take their money if they want to hire him. 
Theme Song (optional): I will do this but I may wait till I play my character some.

Revenent

Like this.

[spoiler=What you want the clicky part to say]Blah blah blah[/spoiler]

Two things:

1. Obviously, you need to fill out the Personality section.

2. Middle City hasn't been around for 800 years, let alone the Brothers Fallen.

Fix those, and you should be golden.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, I'm closing this thread for now, under the same conditions that I stated before (which I put in the original post). If you were reading the thread before this post goes up, you're still eligible.

Chaosfox

I will get on that as soon as I can  THough can I get a time fram on how long they have ben around cant seem to find one.

Revenent

Well, the city's probably only been around for two and a half or three centuries, so I would imagine they would only be around for a hundred years or so at the most. They aren't the first demon mafia to show up, and they won't be the last.

Chaosfox

Here hope this works better if my math is wrong on my time line IM a little tired so tell me if it seems funky and I'll fix it lol

Name: Damon Wright The III

Race:Vampire

Appearance:
Damon

Sexual Preference: BI
Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen 

Gang Position: Spy/Hitman

Weapon of Choice: Whatever he can lay his hands on though he hi best known for his handy work with blades particularly daggers and throwing knives . He always has Two throwing knives hidden on him and a long dagger that is sheathed in his boot.

Additional Skills: Lock picking, Poison usage, stealthy movement, forgery, disguises, climbing, acrobatics, and acting.
Personality:  Damon is the quiet sort and he does not make friends easily and usually keeps to himself unless he is discussing business with someone.  Though he is not a people person he can still be quite charming and is very cunning as he has had to use both the skills to keep alive in his life.  Damon also tends to be a little chaotic in his decisions and does not tend to care for rules laws and regulations.

Bio: Damon was just a regular hit man  who was given a target that he did not realize would change his life. The target in question turned out to be a vampire and because Damon had been so crafty in the attempt instead of having him killed Damon was turned instead.  For the  next  75 years he worked for the vampire who turned him as both a hit man and spy keeping tabs on his masters enemies and killing those his master deemed a threat.   Finally his own master was killed and Damon was able to escape and go in to hiding for 5 year he worked as a free agent till joing up with The Brothers Fallen.
For the past 45 years Damon has been a faithful follower to his guild and has been one of their top hit men until recently.  He is not sure why but he has grown dissatisfied with The Brother s Fallen and has once again gone into hiding and working as a freelance Hit man  though  most of his jobs still seem to come from his former guild.

Theme Song (optional): I will do this but I may wait till I play my character some. 

Revenent

Looks good.

Damon Wright III - Approved

I'll work on getting everything sorted and started these next few days, so anyone still working on their character should have a little time.

Trafalgar

Forgive the rushed bio :S

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Berenger "The Hatchet" Zharkov

Race: Human

Appearance:

Underneath the mask is a mutilated face, created from accidents in the butchers shop and fights in the blood pits under the city. His body is covered in mysterious tattoo's some portraying holy idols and other belittling politics.
Berenger is never without a cigarette and/or some form of narcotic.

Sexual Preference:
Heterosexual

Former Gang:
Independent

Gang Position:
Pimp and soldier

Weapon of Choice:
A hatchet with a blade made of obsidian
Beretta 93R "Auto 9"

Additional Skills:
Businessman- pimping out whores isn't an easy business, Berenger keeps tracks on all of his girls new and old, bestial or angelic. His pockets gush with cash, funding his brothel's all around the city and paying for his own necessities.

Brawler- Berenger is a living tank, he once stood for five rounds with a Minotaur before finally snapping off the beasts horns and placing them inside it's rectum. He can take punishment and can push his body past the limits of an ordinary mortal, only after being "blessed" of course. Most people underestimate his fighting prowess as he wears a suit and sits behind a desk most of the time.

Butcher- Contrary to most people's thoughts on Berenger, this pimp was once a butcher, owning his own meat house on Rockway Avenue. He knows the anatomy of anyone and anything, and puts it into practice when one of his girls does not cooperate.

Personality:
Berenger is a greedy man, only caring for himself and not caring how many people he has to chop up to get it all. If he has cares it his for his daughter, Larisa, a seven year old girl who knows nothing of her fathers work. To him people are a commodity to be rented to the hungry masses of the city, you find good stock, let the clients have a free ride and see if they come back for more... which they always do. Any of his girls or men step out of line they get a brief visit from Berenger's fist, the second time they lose a few teeth, three strikes and they start losing body parts. Berenger does not stand for failure if it hinders his own income.

Bio:
His father a heroine addict (soon murdered after Berenger's conception) and his mother a hooker, Berenger was popped out of his mother prematurely and dumped in the trash cans behind a butcher shop. When the owner of the shop came outside to search for rats to chop up, he found this young runt screeching for attention, the butcher at first ignored him but gave up after two weeks of the child's relentless shouts. Such determination to be heard astounded the butcher and instead of chopping Berenger, he named the babe and raised him as a son. Berenger spent his junior years as a butchers apprentice and money counter, sorting out the shops finances while his adoptive father got drunk and beat up his wife. As a teen Berenger started his rise as a pimp, when walking his girlfriend home a group of werewolves hustled the pair and jokingly said "I'll give you a fiver if you let me have your girl!", Berenger turned and simply replied; "Make it fifteen and you can cum inside her". He threw his girlfriend to the pack and received the money and went home, returning to the site to pick up his crying girlfriend and renting her to another group of horny teenagers.

Berenger also took part in pit fights at night, earning himself extra money to pay for more whores and meet new clients who would want his services. As the years went by Berenger became a notorious business man, his girls were the best stock from all different species and backgrounds. He has become both feared an loved by his girls, who receive the best treatment and the most horrific punishment for crossing "The Hacthet". His now deceased girlfriend has also given him a child who he keeps locked up in his private housing along the outskirts of the city.

Theme Song (optional): Kanye West & Jay Z (Ft. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Revenent

Berenger "The Hatchet" Zharkov - Approved

If you want to put a Youtube video in a post, just post the URL. The site embeds the video automatically.

Trafalgar

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a