Borderlands 3: Andromeda (Interest Check)

Started by SheepishRogue, May 05, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephySempai

My main on BL2 is Zero, and I've got him pimped out to where I can shoot out a brand new decoy with every Action skill melee kill as well as recover my health and shields. On top of that, I have my Girlfriend as a Blight Phoenix/Healer phaselocking and weakening the bigger/faster targets so all my Deception kills are one-hit wonders.

We're an unstoppable two-person squad when it comes to the smaller enemies lol. Constantly healing and supporting each other. I wanna see if those same types of qualities carry over to this Roleplay as well. That'd be pretty cool and interesting.

Revenent

Well, my computer's going to need some repairs, so I won't be able to post a character yet. The one I'm planning on is a female demolitionist who crafts her own explosives and uses a chemical thrower as a default weapon (does no regular bullet damage, but inflicts much stronger versions of elemental weapon effects, so she's kind of a support class). In her off-time, she uses her chemistry more..."recreationally."

Pentagious666

Quote from: ZephySempai on June 16, 2013, 05:40:52 PM
My main on BL2 is Zero, and I've got him pimped out to where I can shoot out a brand new decoy with every Action skill melee kill as well as recover my health and shields. On top of that, I have my Girlfriend as a Blight Phoenix/Healer phaselocking and weakening the bigger/faster targets so all my Deception kills are one-hit wonders.

We're an unstoppable two-person squad when it comes to the smaller enemies lol. Constantly healing and supporting each other. I wanna see if those same types of qualities carry over to this Roleplay as well. That'd be pretty cool and interesting.

I originally went bloodshed as well, but on the second play through I respec'd for cunning/sniping, line'em up and knock'em down, also hunter's mark is a great support tactic.  Ennervate makes it so I regenerate rapidly when I use the action skill and my class mod gives me +5 to unforseen so when I end deception the hologram detonates in a nasty bloom of electricity and death.  my friends play as a mechromancer and I believe the other is working on a psycho...
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Okay so, I think we need to work on how we met up, that way there is no stupidity like in the last borderlands that I played, I have the Atlas corporation on my ass, what about you guys?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 19, 2013, 09:28:25 AM
Okay so, I think we need to work on how we met up, that way there is no stupidity like in the last borderlands that I played, I have the Atlas corporation on my ass, what about you guys?

Yes, I agree as well. I was thinking maybe I work in an abandoned house/clinic in an unnamed town (as of now) as the towns doctor. Then you guys could pick me up while you're passing through or something.

*shrugs*

Just throwing some ideas out there.  ::)

Pentagious666

well I think just like the main characters of BL and BL2 we need to meet up pretown... neh?  I kinda like the idea BL2 had we wind up in the middle of nowhere, and work our way to where we need to be.  Andromeda, so I take it new wildlife, is it another penal colony?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

Bruce Anzac here, ain't in the office for the moment, out doin' sum big game huntin' in the outbacks of this here outback planet. Leaf a message after the roar!

ROOOAAR!

Just wanted to put that out there. I can imagine Digger have saved one or more of you from some great beast and just decided to tag along vault hunting because he's an easily bored fellah. Also, wouldn't it be neat with some jungles for once? I'm a bit tired of the wastelands of Pandora... :P
O/O

Pentagious666

oh aye... a thought, what if we had met on pandora decided it was fer pansies and moved on to andromeda? it would give a great chance for an antagonist to you know crashland us in BFE...
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 19, 2013, 11:23:28 PM
well I think just like the main characters of BL and BL2 we need to meet up pretown... neh?  I kinda like the idea BL2 had we wind up in the middle of nowhere, and work our way to where we need to be.  Andromeda, so I take it new wildlife, is it another penal colony?

Yeah, I like this better than meeting each other as we go along. Gotta keep it consistent with the BL style, you know what I mean?  :-)

Quote from: Wargtass on June 20, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Bruce Anzac here, ain't in the office for the moment, out doin' sum big game huntin' in the outbacks of this here outback planet. Leaf a message after the roar!

ROOOAAR!

Haha, that's AMAZING!  ;D

Quote from: Wargtass on June 20, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Also, wouldn't it be neat with some jungles for once? I'm a bit tired of the wastelands of Pandora... :P

I also agree 100% with this. It would be nice to have a change in scenery.

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 20, 2013, 09:34:46 PM
oh aye... a thought, what if we had met on pandora decided it was fer pansies and moved on to andromeda? it would give a great chance for an antagonist to you know crashland us in BFE...

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I like this! We could start working on doing whatever were on Andromeda for instead of spending time looking for each other and what-not. We could maybe add what history/relation we have with each member of the party to our bio's?

Pentagious666

hell I was thinking we could just write it up in here, any ideas on the trouble you would have gotten into on pandora?
Edit: There was another borderlands game I was playing, and now I have an idea, what if those hunters went bad and tried to take over, so we had to fight and kill them and destroy sanctuary, decided that we should look for a new vault elsewhere and left only to get assailed by _______ and left stranded in the boonies on andromeda, I don't know what rogue wants us to eviscerate, but I think that'd be a terrific start.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 21, 2013, 07:39:46 AM
There was another borderlands game I was playing, and now I have an idea, what if those hunters went bad and tried to take over, so we had to fight and kill them and destroy sanctuary, decided that we should look for a new vault elsewhere and left only to get assailed by _______ and left stranded in the boonies on andromeda, I don't know what rogue wants us to eviscerate, but I think that'd be a terrific start.

I could see this working very well. Maybe the other Vault Hunters found a way to utilize eridium to become stronger, but they end up using to much of it and go insane, turning them all evil. We kill them and destroy Sanctuary, which was their base of operation, and discover the location of a new vault on Andromeda. I also like the idea of a 'Jack' type antagonist. You know, a person who tries to screw us over again and again, sometimes succeeding (RIP Bloodwing) but we manage to beat him/her in the end (Possibly one of the insane vault hunters?).  So as for who's after us, that's up for debate but I think that what we have so far is good.  ^-^

Pentagious666

Quote from: Angaroo on June 22, 2013, 01:06:14 AM
I could see this working very well. Maybe the other Vault Hunters found a way to utilize eridium to become stronger, but they end up using to much of it and go insane, turning them all evil. We kill them and destroy Sanctuary, which was their base of operation, and discover the location of a new vault on Andromeda. I also like the idea of a 'Jack' type antagonist. You know, a person who tries to screw us over again and again, sometimes succeeding (RIP Bloodwing) but we manage to beat him/her in the end (Possibly one of the insane vault hunters?).  So as for who's after us, that's up for debate but I think that what we have so far is good.  ^-^

I was the hunter in borderlands, I had built myself up to the point i rarely had to use guns... that was MY bird that jack killed, ya know?  oh and love how you didn't mention roland, lol.

I think this works real well and should keep the party together.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

SteelZephyr

Ah dammit. You managed to get me to break my "one game at a time" rule with this one. *shakes fist*

If there's room left, I'd prefer a vault hunter. Failing that, maybe I could be someone similar to Scooter. Except, y'know, not quite so annoying.

Pentagious666

or sexually obsessed with his obese cousin? that was frightening.  C'mon let's "CATCH A RIIIIDE" and get going on the andromeda thing.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

I hate double posting.... DON'T DIE ON MEEEEEEEE!!!! Someone anyone say something!
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

As long as we don't hear from the author of the topic it won't matter if we post until our fingers fall off. This thing will continue to die until she does.

Dark way of looking at it, but such is the reality I'm afraid.  ;D
O/O

Pentagious666

I know warg, and a player not posting is what killed ME as well.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

Well that is what matters once the game starts. Right now we need our fearless GM to find the time to start us up.
O/O