Looking for a Tutor...

Started by BiRen92, October 16, 2011, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiRen92

Hi. I am looking for a tutor to help me expand my writing and help me learn this system and also learn some of the people here. I love to write and often get caught up in it. I am patent and a fast learner. I just don't want to go to somebody and petition to join a make a RP without the proper knowledge.

If any one is willing to help me that would be excellent.

NileGoddess

Well, how most people find games is through trial and error.

If you have ideas, either for one on one or group games, type up the plot summary or your thoughts along with the type of person you are looking for, then post it in the appropriate section. No one will fault you for looking at their interest checks to get a sense of how they do things. Really, it will vary from person to person. Some people, like me, will treat it very formally, while others may be more casual about it.

Caehlim

Some advice, written in the form of hyperbole because I'm bored and sleep-deprived.

Making friends here is easy, because everyone on this site is pure awesome. If you want to get to know people, then try hanging out in the social areas. You can play games with people, or even naughty adult games. If you feel like you've made too many friends and need to make some enemies as well, you can always discuss politics instead.

You shouldn't use people, because that's wrong. Except the mentors, that's what they're there for. They can help you out with plenty of advice and assistance.

Some people may use japanese words like yuri, seme, seke, yaoi, futa, etc. to describe various preferences or roleplaying set-ups. This is because they are secretly ninjas, don't let this scare you off though. Ninjas use roleplaying to practise their skills at disguise and acting to make themselves better shadow warriors and can be a lot of fun to play with. You can check this list to crack their secret ninja codes.

Your on/offs list is very useful. It's often going to be one of the first things people look at when deciding whether to roleplay with you. But don't write it just to please them, it's most important use is to clearly express what you're looking for. Communication is key. But, before you do anything else, write somewhere on your on/offs page whether you're willing to play with authors writing for a character of a different gender. If you're fussy about that sort of thing, then 50% of the people here aren't going to be suitable to play with you and letting them know early on saves them time and prevents you getting a lot of unsuitable offers. If you're happy to play with authors running a different gender, then that doubles your opportunity for roleplaying, so advertise that and get more games.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Remiel

Hi, BiRen92!

Generally, the way to get started is to put your ideas up in the Solo/One-on-One Roleplays Wanted forum, if you're looking for a single partner, or the Group Roleplays Wanted forum, if you're looking for a group game.  With any luck, someone will read your story idea and contact you, usually via Private Message.    Alternatively, if you spot a potential partner or story idea that you like, feel free to send them a Private Message as well.

On to Advanced RP Theory 101: there's also the Non-Forum Roleplay request board if your preference is over Instant Messenger instead of via Elliquiy itself, or the One Shot forum if you want to take a certain idea or kink for a "test drive".

Fair warning: sometimes it takes a while for a story to get off the ground.  Sometimes some of your partners will disappear without any warning.  If this happens, don't feel bad.  This happens to everyone.   Just keep trying, keep advertising, and keep looking for compatible partners.  I guarantee you that, sooner or later, you'll find someone that you'll click with. :)

BiRen92

Ah thank you. I ahve been told that I posted this in the wrong section of the site also. For the I apologize.