Pathfinder campagin recruitment 'Storm Riders'

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 28, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Updated
THE BIG LIST OF CHARACTERS

Gender ratio hasn't changed, looks like (but since we've added the label 'bi-curious' we now have two each of bisexual, bi-curious, and heterosexual...An amusing spread. ;D).

I didn't put it in since he hasn't stated it, but I THINK based on his O/Os that Isengrad's character is probably either bi or bi-curious as well, which (if correct) means we've got (roughly) 5 flexible-fit and two monosexuals...For those to whom it matters.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 05, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Yes to mounted combat feat being free.

I am also planning to give everyone the trait  Militia Veteran ,  which gives a +1 Profession soldier, +1 Ride  and instead of or, also survival +1    This trait will be free and will not count against the limit of two.   This represents the training also.     

Nice on freebie feat and trait. Anyways I got Militia Veteran but it gives +2 to ride skill checks (and makes ride as class skill), are there two different traits with same name then?

Isengrad

Oh, Wil is bisexual.. I will have to finish his spending later. been busy lately and forgot all about it.

original artwork by karabiner

Phaia

for an Aasimar character would you allow 'Variant Abilities and Physical Features'?
'The abilities presented here replace an aasimar's spell-like ability racial trait. Any abilities that grant spells or spell-like abilities are treated as having a caster level equal to the aasimar's character level.'

Also Aasimar are powerful compared to 'lesser' races are you dropping thier resists to compensate?
I plan on having my character be a scion of humanity which would mean she looks human [lost the Celestial language]

Will there be a problem taking 'Rich Parents' trait [+900gp]?
Are there better then normal Light war horses? If allowed the "rich Parents' a lot of the gold would go to the best possible war horse as could be gotten as well as a MW war saddle!

I am working up a calvary archer bard with--Signal Horn [1gp]: Sounding a horn requires a DC 10 Perform (wind instruments) check and can convey concepts such as “Attack!”, “Help!”, “Advance!”, “Retreat!”, “Fire!”, and, “Alarm!” The report of a signal horn can be clearly heard (Perception DC 0) up to a half-mile distant. For each quarter-mile beyond, Perception checks to hear the horn suffer a –1 penalty. --and --Whistle, Signal [8sp]: With a DC 5 Perform (wind instruments) check you can use a whistle to signal the same sorts of situations as signal horns. A whistle's piercing report can be clearly heard (Perception DC 0) up to a quarter-mile away. For each quarter-mile beyond, Perception checks to hear a whistle suffer a –2 penalty.

Phaia

Rumm

Funny, I was going to ask the same thing about Aasimar Physiology... I was thinking of taking Scion of humanity myself, basically there are a few subtle hints in her appearance that would tell on her.  But I was hoping to go with the "unusually Light"  perhaps making her 3/4 of her standard generated weight.  So 77 lbs... going for a plumekith so I'm thinking hollow bones.

Also I'm fine with dropping the Aasimar resistances, though if I had to drop something I'd rather drop the spell-like ability.

Shaitan

Awesome work on the table. Good news on the feat and trait, should prove fun. I'm still waiting and watching. Keep up the good work.

SheerFantasia

Weee! Lots of potential interest in aasimar's in this game (four that I can see) - and will bring the grand total to three scions of humanity (including my own) - birds of a feather flock together, I suppose  ;D

@ Phaia: I think that 'Rich Parents' (+900 gp) is okay, given as I chose it as a trait and the character was approved by our GM.

Aasimar discussion
Also seeing as discussion about aasimar power levels is afoot I might as well add my two cents (though playing as an aasimar, it may well seem like I'm whining, lol).  I think that the key word to keep in mind is versatility - the aasimar is very situation specific, with their Celestial Resistance and Spell-like ability (a whole 6 RP total), compared to the standard races who have abilities that work under almost every adventuring situation - I myself was originally planning on having Eran as human for that skill point and bonus feat, before choosing otherwise for flavour's sake.

By contrast, the aasimar can only really use their ability score bonus, skill bonus, and darkvision under most circumstances.  The resistances give an advantage when it comes into effect, but otherwise; oooo, big sword... nuts.  I do think that the Spell-like ability has the chance to put the aasimar a tad above their contemporaries (especially with the variant aasimars).

Still, those are just my thoughts and I'm not one to quibble, so if something needs to be dropped, dropped it shall be and you won't find me drawing up a new character because of it  ;D

Also a question for our GM - do you foresee any use of the skill Profession (soldier) in the game - I often find I want to take it (to reflect my character's ability as a soldier), but then the profession skill is so rarely used it's usually a waste of skill points (basically I want to know where to put the +1 bonus from the Militia Veteran trait).

Rumm

If a mount is preferable/required (I notice aside from the centaur I'm the only app without), I would be willing to take Nature Soul and Animal Ally feats :)  Unless I become great pals with the centaur and he lets me ride him.

Muse

Rumm, everyone in the campaign has a light war horse provided by the crown.  (Except the centaur.) 

Your character application should be a character properly trained to fight on that mount. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rumm

she's quite adept at fighting on a mount, solid ranks in ride as well as mounted combat should see to that easily enough... I plan on picking up mounted archery as well, still as the levels progress an animal companion would be Significantly tougher than a light warhorse, also it would be a bond that would need to be developed so this also works.  I was just noting a trend in the apps and in the classes available.  I'd prefer to play a Zen Archer, as I really like their style and simplicity, as far as I can tell they'd function perfectly for mounted combat.  I was considering a Samurai originally, but there's already a great samurai app.

I was also considering "Blood Steed" as a trait, given that Militia was a trait I had already chosen and taking it twice seems odd. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Rumm on June 07, 2014, 09:39:54 AM
If a mount is preferable/required (I notice aside from the centaur I'm the only app without), I would be willing to take Nature Soul and Animal Ally feats :)  Unless I become great pals with the centaur and he lets me ride him.

You get a light war horse,  your being trained to be in a horse company of the crown.   There is no exception nor does it hinge if your pals with the centaur.   

Quote from: Phaia on June 06, 2014, 10:19:25 AM
for an Aasimar character would you allow 'Variant Abilities and Physical Features'?
'The abilities presented here replace an aasimar's spell-like ability racial trait. Any abilities that grant spells or spell-like abilities are treated as having a caster level equal to the aasimar's character level.'

Also Aasimar are powerful compared to 'lesser' races are you dropping thier resists to compensate?
I plan on having my character be a scion of humanity which would mean she looks human [lost the Celestial language]

Will there be a problem taking 'Rich Parents' trait [+900gp]?
Are there better then normal Light war horses? If allowed the "rich Parents' a lot of the gold would go to the best possible war horse as could be gotten as well as a MW war saddle!

I am working up a calvary archer bard with--Signal Horn [1gp]: Sounding a horn requires a DC 10 Perform (wind instruments) check and can convey concepts such as “Attack!”, “Help!”, “Advance!”, “Retreat!”, “Fire!”, and, “Alarm!” The report of a signal horn can be clearly heard (Perception DC 0) up to a half-mile distant. For each quarter-mile beyond, Perception checks to hear the horn suffer a –1 penalty. --and --Whistle, Signal [8sp]: With a DC 5 Perform (wind instruments) check you can use a whistle to signal the same sorts of situations as signal horns. A whistle's piercing report can be clearly heard (Perception DC 0) up to a quarter-mile away. For each quarter-mile beyond, Perception checks to hear a whistle suffer a –2 penalty.

Phaia

Yes to the Aasimar variant

No problem with the rich parents trait.   Seeing that most came from nobility ranks or of some note.  An were not part of the common rabble that would be conscripted into the army as foot soldiers.   So I applaud such creativity in thinking.   

The concept of a horse archer bard is wonderful and fits perfect with the vision I have for such a campaign, very nice.   

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: SheerFantasia on June 07, 2014, 07:23:34 AM
Weee! Lots of potential interest in aasimar's in this game (four that I can see) - and will bring the grand total to three scions of humanity (including my own) - birds of a feather flock together, I suppose  ;D

@ Phaia: I think that 'Rich Parents' (+900 gp) is okay, given as I chose it as a trait and the character was approved by our GM.

Aasimar discussion
Also seeing as discussion about aasimar power levels is afoot I might as well add my two cents (though playing as an aasimar, it may well seem like I'm whining, lol).  I think that the key word to keep in mind is versatility - the aasimar is very situation specific, with their Celestial Resistance and Spell-like ability (a whole 6 RP total), compared to the standard races who have abilities that work under almost every adventuring situation - I myself was originally planning on having Eran as human for that skill point and bonus feat, before choosing otherwise for flavour's sake.

By contrast, the aasimar can only really use their ability score bonus, skill bonus, and darkvision under most circumstances.  The resistances give an advantage when it comes into effect, but otherwise; oooo, big sword... nuts.  I do think that the Spell-like ability has the chance to put the aasimar a tad above their contemporaries (especially with the variant aasimars).

Still, those are just my thoughts and I'm not one to quibble, so if something needs to be dropped, dropped it shall be and you won't find me drawing up a new character because of it  ;D

Also a question for our GM - do you foresee any use of the skill Profession (soldier) in the game - I often find I want to take it (to reflect my character's ability as a soldier), but then the profession skill is so rarely used it's usually a waste of skill points (basically I want to know where to put the +1 bonus from the Militia Veteran trait).

Yes I plan to use the skill profession soldier.   For example a successful DC 10 as example  profession soldier would give like bonus pluses in working with coordinated and flanking attacks.    Soldiers train together to fight together as a unit.   

Rumm

cool starting with the light warhorse saves me a few feats! I'm going to take mounted archery at level 1 then, since I can skirt point blank shot with the monk bonus precise shot not needing the prerequisite.  I'll look at picking up some profession (soldier) through RP(and leveling) if she gets in.  There seems to be a solid blend of melee and ranged calvary, which should be and interesting compliment and division for both RP and tactics.

Isengrad

Allright, I have made all my purchases for Wil, and have completed my character(save the clothing, but I will add that upon returning home shortly)

original artwork by karabiner

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I had considered Rich Parents since my character's armor costs 4x...But I guess he'll be in basic barbarian mode for a while and that's really more appropriate to the background I came up with. And when he has to actually choose which glass to start leveling in once his racial is paid off, I guess that having studded leather might be more beneficial than having to ditch custom plate.

Somebody has to be light cavalry (and Lark's light-headed and light-hearted as well as lightly-armored. Poor kid.).

Actually, I never saw an approval message for him. He okay at this point?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Rumm

Maybe Elven Sex Goddess will let him take dodge or something instead since he can't really ride a mount?

SheerFantasia

Just to update, I have shifted Eran's ranks in Heal to Profession (soldier).

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: TyolkaDrake on June 12, 2014, 12:47:34 AM
Hello!  I'm freshly approved and saw this forum post - is it too late to join? I made it through the first 2 1/2 pages of the post, but must admit that I got a bit ADD and skipped to the end.  I tend to lean towards the caster classes because I'm a healer usually - Is there room for the Oracle you all were mentioning with the Ride domain? I thought about doing a Pally, but I don't think they get any real heals until around level 4? I can't remember right off without looking at my books.  Honestly, I'd rather play a class that is needed in the limited choices.

But all of these questions are actually quite pointless if this is already closed :) - soooooo....is it to late? :D

Thanks!

"Skipped to the end" usually isn't a good idea, because (as in this game) at various points the GM may change what they are looking for, offer free feats/traits, etc. I suggest you at least go back and be sure you read all of ESG's posts.

As for what's currently apped, this post may help.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

TyolkaDrake

*blushes* Appropriately chastised - thanks for the links :).

Muse

*waves*  hi there new person!   Welcome to E!
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Computer exploded, still trying to get it working again. I can't write posts for a damn on my crap-phone. Hope to have back tomorrow.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Elven Sex Goddess

I have switch jobs,  within my company going to a another store.    It'll be about a week or so to get done with how my weeks will look.  So is figuring on getting this rolling in about two weeks. 

Shaitan

Sounds like a good estimate for a start time, can't wait to get started.

*Waves to TyolkaDrake* welcome to Elli

CarnivalOfTheGoat

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome back  CotG

I still currently don't have a  set schedule.   Its been day to day,  today I will be getting a schedule for upcoming few weeks.    Once I get it and settle into a routine then I can proceed here.   I just don't want to get going and then suddenly right at the start have to pause it because of rl issues.    Right now I am pushing for next week.