Interest check:D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, September 18, 2006, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarDragon

Just thought of something.... is anybody playing a cleric, or other healy-type class?

Jefepato

I'm probably going to play an argent fist, but even with Hands of a Healer, I don't think I'll really be much substitute for a serious healer.

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 23, 2006, 02:56:20 PM
What sourcebooks are you allowing class book related. Can I use Tome & Blood?

I was thinking Wizard 3/Mage of the Arcane Order 7 OR for a creepy character Wizard 5/Pale Master 5.

He did say any official D&D book, although those two prestige classes were updated to 3.5 in later books.  The mage of the arcane order looks similar to what it was, but you'd need 5 levels first because it requires 8 skill ranks (just as well -- the 5th-level bonus feat would help you qualify for the PrC anyway).  It's a pretty solid choice, though.

I wouldn't recommend the pale master; although pale masters can be neutral, spells like animate dead are evil acts to cast, which might not be fitting in a game where evil characters are restricted (and would make it pretty hard to coexist with good-aligned party members).

RubySlippers

Wizard 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 could be fun.  ;D

WarDragon

My stats are done, barring any major changes to the rules, but I want to write a bit more flavor before I send them in.

Zakharra

*feels ashamed that she still can't figure out how to make a 3ed PC after 10 years* 
  :-[

Jefepato

Quote from: Zakharra on September 23, 2006, 11:29:02 PM
*feels ashamed that she still can't figure out how to make a 3ed PC after 10 years* 
  :-[

I can probably help.  What kind of character are you trying to make?

CaptainErotica

Creepy would be an understatement. i should clarify it is any source book for 3.0 or higher....no 3nd or 1st edition stuff..been way to long since I even looked at one of those.  as far as building your character goes, there are  few people willing to hlep you out, or if you prefer just send me an overviews Of what your looking for (ie: Description background, how you see the character ,rough and rowdy fighter, sneaky attack for th shadow powerful magic, what have you) and then I can do up the stats and if you like everything then we're good to go. I would just go freeform with it, but this is always something i've wantyed to try, but unfortunately there never seems to be enough female rp'ers in my area to make it work.  I don't just the tohugh of two guys face to face trying to rp out an erotic scene just isn''t high on my todo list. at least online i wouldn't have ot be loking oyu in the eyes when I call you Susan.
  I'm pretty much set on the AC, going with th suggestion that any part of a suit of armor counts for ful laC, thus you could don just the bracers or paudrons and still walk around as if you were in full plate.

I agree that since it will focus on rp the sex skill is kinda moot, so that leaves only seduction. I havn't looked at the link ofr th optionall fertility rule but wil lget to it today. I like the way this is going and i think it wil lbe fun.

Zakharra

Quote from: Jefepato on September 24, 2006, 12:08:34 AM
I can probably help. What kind of character are you trying to make?

Liriel and Glabrezubane are helping me out. I should have something soon.

Cosmo_ac

If i play, more then likely i would be a male cleric.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Robguy on September 24, 2006, 04:20:33 AM
Creepy would be an understatement. i should clarify it is any source book for 3.0 or higher....no 3nd or 1st edition stuff..been way to long since I even looked at one of those.  as far as building your character goes, there are  few people willing to hlep you out, or if you prefer just send me an overviews Of what your looking for (ie: Description background, how you see the character ,rough and rowdy fighter, sneaky attack for th shadow powerful magic, what have you) and then I can do up the stats and if you like everything then we're good to go. I would just go freeform with it, but this is always something i've wantyed to try, but unfortunately there never seems to be enough female rp'ers in my area to make it work.  I don't just the tohugh of two guys face to face trying to rp out an erotic scene just isn''t high on my todo list. at least online i wouldn't have ot be loking oyu in the eyes when I call you Susan.
  I'm pretty much set on the AC, going with th suggestion that any part of a suit of armor counts for ful laC, thus you could don just the bracers or paudrons and still walk around as if you were in full plate.

I agree that since it will focus on rp the sex skill is kinda moot, so that leaves only seduction. I havn't looked at the link ofr th optional fertility rule but wil lget to it today. I like the way this is going and i think it wil lbe fun.

Ok she is right now a half-elven Diviner 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 and not bad. Well not pleasant company but is quick, sturdy as hell, pretty good in intelligence with her level enhancements and since she only needs to drop one school of magic for her specialty so is going to drop Necromancy. Anyone being the one pring and snooping into everyone elses secrets can be soooo much fun. And she can still toss offensive spells, summon monsters and do all the other tricks pretty much.

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, is there room for this game? I toughted I could play cat folk Swashbuckler/Dread Pirate (think Jack Sparrow but as cute fluffy cat who walks in two legs :P). But if anyone is not rogue I could play Rogue/Dread Pirate fit the niche as acrobatic trap springing skill monkey (I know, acrobatic thief suits this category better but I want play a pirate dammit :P).

RubySlippers

You should have posted on official Speak Like a Pirate day. lol

Arrrr Maytee Says I, A Swashbuckler I Be- Arrrrrrrrrr. lol

And what about a rundown on classes being played I'm doing a LN Half-elven Wizard 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5. Patron diety is Hecate not being a cleric her alignment is fine for a lay person and she is a goddess of magic.

Anyone else want to post what they are going to run to get an idea?

WarDragon

Conrad Darasv, CG half-copper dragon human Warblade-7, no patron deity in particular.  If you don't have the Book of Nine Swords, all you need to know about the Warblade class is "tank with some tricks."  Looks pretty much like this, except that the armor is made of transparent glassteel, and the scales are the wrong color.

Muse

Neat. 

I'm still undecided, but it's good to konw the major niche's are filled. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

indarkestknight

Running a human Rogue 5/Invisible Blade 5. May be this weekend before the stats are even close to being done, though.

Jefepato

Settled on a female human, VoP-powered monk 2/paladin 4/argent fist 4.  Patron deity is Athena, because as fitting as the Academy sounded at first, their philosophers are chaste and that just wouldn't do.

Lirliel

Female Human, Barbarian, Hopefully doing stats sometime now. And keeping it full barbarian, since I don't have any good PRC classes.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Zakharra

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I make my char then as Swashbuckler 5/Dread Pirate 3 (if DM allows that City Slicker feat from races of destiny gives Appraise as class skill instead Disguise. If DM does not allow this then I have to make the build as Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 3/Dread Pirate 3 instead.)

Anycase I got nice stats here :). When counting my Cat Folk racial stats these are nice rolls; 18, 16, 15, 15, 15, 13. I forgot I rolled anything BELOW 13 and not 13 result so that's why the re-rolls have one odd number roll :P. Tonight I have not much time to post (and it is very late and there is school tomorrow early) so I work the sheet in tomorrow.

Stats (4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=11, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=18)
Re-rolls (below 13) 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=9)
Re-rolls (below 13, take 2) 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15)

Muse

And I've settled on a halfling girl Barbarian/Whirling Dervish. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I have made my char and I will post link to it to DM after game starts :).

WarDragon

As I understand it, you're not officially in until you've sent the stats, Zaer.

Mine's sent, btw.

RubySlippers

Character so far is kind of slow going. She's a half-elven Diviner 5/Mage of the Arcane Order 5 dropping the Illusionist School from her allowed ones. It was a tough choice but with the SPELL POOL PrC ability its important to keep the strongest schools open and I don't picture my character being big into pretty illusions and trickery. Anyway there are other options like shapechanging magic that can be just as effective if used well. Plus she gets a free extra information gathering spell per spell level and so its a nice option she only needs to lose one school and gets extra spells.

How much starting gold does she get?

3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14360

indarkestknight

Quote from: Muse on September 27, 2006, 01:34:32 AM
And I've settled on a halfling girl Barbarian/Whirling Dervish. 

Whirling Dervish? Do you mean the Dervish from the Complete Warrior? Because if you do, you should remember you can't rage and dervish dance simultaneously.

CaptainErotica

Okay, good to see all of tge interesting characters you guys/gals are coming up with. I wil set up the forum sometime this week, as well as post us a final overview of the game. Then once everyone his happy with their character I will get the ball rolling. ETA until opening Post is Monday, though if you need more time I will hold off a bit.