News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Unable to Connect to Mumble

Started by Bibliophilia, July 06, 2016, 06:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Hey, guys.  I've been having this issue for a couple of days, and it only seems to be affecting the E mumble server.  I've not done anything remotely worthy of being banned, and I'm pretty sure that I would have been notified if that had happened.  I tried updating Mumble, then uninstalled and reinstalled, and I'm still unable to connect.  It tries and then times out.  Can anyone help?

RampantDesires

Does it connect and then do a "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection" loop for you?

I haven't been on Mumble for awhile and then yesterday had to fight this battle.  Much like you I did the whole update, uninstall reinstall, but the only thing that worked for me was going in to settings, clicking on the Advanced box, then going to Network and turning off the Quality of Service thing.  It let me connect and then I went it and turned it back on and it seems to be fine now.  No idea why it worked, but This Mumble Support Post got me through it.

Hope that helps, if not could you give more information about why it isn't working? Like what message you get when you try to connect?

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nadir

I can see you're still on the approved list so you've not been banned accidentally. Could you try to join a different mumble server to see if you can?

Bibliophilia

I did that last night, Dim.  I just hopped on one of the random servers on mumble's public list and it worked.

Bibliophilia

Okay, so I flushed my DNS and restarted my computer, and that did something!

Now, though, I still can't connect, but it's for a different reason.  It's saying that the password or certificate is not correct.  I checked the password, and that's correct.  I made a new certificate, but that didn't fix it.  Is there something else I need to do?

Nadir

I'll hop on and get you sorted with a new cert