Code Geass/Witchblade [NC-EX]

Started by KeyOfTwilight, August 17, 2009, 01:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyOfTwilight

Alrighty, so I had a mighty good plan on how to make a good roleplay.  This will be a crossover of sorts, though, judging by the Geass storyline originally, and timeline, it could very well be possible.  This is a crossover with Witchblade. 

This story would take place 56 years after the events of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.  Unforeseen at the time of its destruction, when the Sword of Akasha fell from the sky, Lelouch commanding the will of God to continue on, it also continued on the path of darkness in the world.  The world was always full of tales of demons, things that go bump in the night, the great tempters.  No one paid much heed to the stories, they were usually isolated incidents if anything.  The problem was that these isolated incidents were only scoutings, preparation for a much larger invasion at hand.  Lady Nunally and Lady Kaguya, co-leaders of the United Federation of Nations, have just stepped down, in favor of younger leaders to take up the leadership.  They believe that their time has passed, only expedited by the disappearance of Zero 5 years previous. 
Following their retirement, Nunally and Kaguya are visited by someone they never thought to see again.  Apparently cursed by his father, Lelouch appears to the two as the new V.V.  After the startling introduction, he reveals the issue of the impending demon incursion upon the world.  He does not, however, do more then that, saying when asked, that his only purpose is to observe now, as one of the immortals.  Leaving them, the two are left to debate what will be done.  Without seat power, the only outcome seems the same one used almost 6 decades past...

Elsewhere in Japan, Archaeologist Katsumoto Junichi finishes excavating the first of several old storehouses used by an old company, Douji Group Industries.  The excavation is a success, but aside from a small piece of jewelry with a ruby gem in the middle, there is nothing else to be found.  Dissapointed for the day, he neglects to tell his superiors of the find, and instead gifts it to his 16 year old daughter, Kiko.  The remaining digs would surface several other bracelets of the same type, but these would go missing...

Ok, so here is the lowdown.  I need several people for this roleplay to work.  Yes, it will be plot-driven, sexual parts will be on the side, as judged between players.  For now, let me give a list of who I need.

Katsumoto Kiko ~ KeyOfTwilight
Kaguya's Son/Daughter or Grandson/Granddaughter ~ Chuukun
Kozuki Kalen's Granddaughter ~ TamaRose
Military drop-out (male) ~ SinXAzgard21
Scientist/Engineer (male of female)
Zero (Not Suzaku, but must be a male) ~ ReijiTabibito
Two female characters, ages between 16-28, choose career/occupation ~ Seraph &

Future Characters Needed (Later in story):
Chinese ambassador/representative (Male or Female, will be combat trained, to a degree.)
Black Knights 4 Holy Swordsmen (Male or Female, all Japanese Decent)
Brittanian Knights of the Round (Male or Female, only two for now)

I will possibly add more, but this is what we need for starters.

Useful Links:
Code Geass Wiki http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Witchblade Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchblade  ((See Witchblade Anime section))

Elohim

The choice of characters is rather limiting to me to be truthful,  but,  I thought I could pitch this as one of the "Undecided character slots."  The excavation of the Doji groups storehouses could have stumbled upon a Neogene left in cryostasis that was captured by the group for later experimentation.  The commotion of the excavation,  coupled with people entering the old complex results in the stasis chamber malfunctioning and awakening the character.  She'll definitely be a fish out of water character,  more linked to the past then the present,  and a bit driven to get her hands on either a clone blade or the witchblade itself as a means of anchoring herself to an existance that she can at least somewhat understand.

KeyOfTwilight

Sounds like a good plotline for her.  The other bracelets that were found and went missing from the excavations would of course be clone blades, though the back story I want is for them to be a good bit more refined, not suffering from the fragility of their predecessors.  In short, it would be more of a slightly weaker witchblade.  Wearing two, of course, would bring one up to par with the witchblade, etc etc.  The neogenes or cloneblade users in this storyline aren't meant strictly to be antagonists, though they certainly may start out as such.  It would be quite easy for a knightmare frame pilot to mistake a blade user for a demon...

Elohim

Then count me in,  also,  I wasn't planning on playing her strictly as an antagonist, she might be mildly antagonistic but,  I can't see her as a long term "Bad Guy."

KeyOfTwilight

Sounds good.  If you want to write up a standard profile, perhaps include an image, that'd be sweet.  I'm going for more of an anime theme here, so anime images would be preferred over RL.

Chuukun

This sounds like a sweet idea for a roleplay. I'd be interested in playing the daughter/son (dunno which gender I'd be yet) of Kozuki Kalen. But let me ask, wouldn't that child of hers be already in her fourties or something? Considering Kalen is around 17 at the end of the series, plus 56 years would put her at an age of around 73 years.

Hunter

I can't quite follow the plot you propose (and wish I could).

Chuukun

I think in general it would be something like this:

Take Code Geass, then skip it forward a half century. The world will be mostly peaceful, with only a few smaller conflicts occuring. Then, an excavation team uncovers some artifacts. Those artifacts are witchblades (who grant the wearer lots of power and transform them somewhat, see the added link in the first post). One is passed onto the daughter of the excavation team leader and the others get lost.

Now, one company gets ahold of one, sees its power and decides they need to have all of them to CONQUER THE WORLD! So, they set their sights on retrieving all of them, who might be scattered all over the world. (my interpretation here)

And then demons appear somehow. And Lelouch returns from the dead, invalidating the meaning behind his death. Then all of those points combine and we have war, I suppose.

Don't take this as criticism, this is how I see the story so far. I think it has a lot of potential, but I agree with Hunter, this needs some more clarification.

How do demons factor into this?
How will the Geass factor into this?
Do Mechas still exist?
Who would win in a fight between a Witchblade-user and a Mecha (given they exist)?

Those are the question I have right now.

Hunter

Quote from: Chuukun on August 18, 2009, 07:40:59 AM
Don't take this as criticism, this is how I see the story so far. I think it has a lot of potential, but I agree with Hunter, this needs some more clarification.

How do demons factor into this?
How will the Geass factor into this?
Do Mechas still exist?
Who would win in a fight between a Witchblade-user and a Mecha (given they exist)?

Those are the question I have right now.

Yes, definitely more clarification please.

I could certainly do a convincing Lelouch/Zero but that also begs the question of where C2 ran off to (given she was last seen with him....)

KeyOfTwilight

Ok, here's what happened.  The appearance of the demons has nothing to do with the reappearance of the witchblade/cloneblades.  That latter appearance is more of a coincidence than a cause. 

The appearance of Lelouch does not invalidate his supposed 'death,' as the end of the series leaves it open whether he was alive or dead.  The idea that somehow charles cursed him with the V.V code though allows him to have lived, but still have made a convincing death. 

Here is what happened.  The destruction of the sword of Akasha and the willing of the 'will of god' to continue on caused the evil in the world to continue on as well.  It's been several centuries since demons were last very active, and many who didn't forget the old ways start to wonder what happened.  C.C and Lelouch (V.V) somehow figured out what would happen before hand, and of course V.V goes to warn Kaguya and Nunally.  The two women had recently stepped down from their positions of international power, however, and seeing that the new leaders were less than likely to even hear them out, decide to do the next best thing: Reform the Black knights.  A good deal of the younger Knights are still alive, albeit old and retired, but have inevitably kept their children and grandchildren trained, paranoia still after the Zero requiem.  Since the Black Knights still have the leap on technology by a small margin, they're able to form a team to be ready for anything (They still don't know what to expect.)

In another part of Japan, the Douji Buildings are being excavated, having been in ruins for years without repair after a second great earthquake that buried them (as well as some of the warring between factions a half century earlier.)  The lead archaeologist uncovers nothing but an obsidian bracelet with a red gem in the first building, and, off code, gives it to his daughter.  Later digs discover more similar bracelets, but they seem to dissappear without a trace.  One dig in particular discovers a cryo-frozen human being (Seraph's character.)  This is all right before the first demon attacks. 

The story will start with the Black Knights being reformed, as well as the potential witchblade/cloneblade characters coming to possess their artifacts, whether they awaken at the time or not.  The first bit will be plot buildup before the actual fighting starts.

Ah, and yes, Kalen's kid would be older, 40 or so at most, 30 or so at least.  It could be her grandkid, but we do need older characters as well as younger.  Lelouch and C.C will both be NPCs in this, so sorry to those hopefuls.  However, I do want a Zero, Suzaku's successor, to be part of this, whether he is the leader of the Black Knights, or just a singular force.

Hunter

*bows*  I'm going to pass, I don't feel confident that I'd be a good addition to the game.

KeyOfTwilight

Tankou

I call out the engineer ^_^
I'll be Nina's grandson XP

indarkestknight

For the record, the series does not leave it open. The writers have publicly stated that Lelouch is dead, and that the Code was not passed onto him.

That said, this is AU anyway, but just FYI.

KeyOfTwilight

Hunter

Quote from: Glabrezubane on August 22, 2009, 05:01:38 PM
For the record, the series does not leave it open. The writers have publicly stated that Lelouch is dead, and that the Code was not passed onto him.

That said, this is AU anyway, but just FYI.

My only comment to that is then the dubbed ending is really fucked up.  (After all, who else could C2 be calling Lelouch?)

KeyOfTwilight

Quote from: Hunter on August 24, 2009, 04:28:32 PM
My only comment to that is then the dubbed ending is really fucked up.  (After all, who else could C2 be calling Lelouch?)

Unn.  And the obviously well-covered driver.  Screw what the creators say, they left it open to interpretation, and im running with it.