Never Cry Wolf (o Accepting-New Species

Started by JDrew Spider, November 23, 2011, 10:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

Weave the Web

Hello!

JDrew Spider here to set forth a fantastic story into play, but I can't do it without the help of roleplayers like yourselves. It took me a while to actually decide what I wanted to do so this will be a mere interest check. This idea is based off the Crimson Moon series written by the late L.A. Banks and no you don't have to read the books to play.

Intro 1.o

Never Cry Wolf
is set in a world much like the one you live in today. There is war, politics, famine, revolutions and protests going on world-wide.  While the world governments are struggling to keep it's borders together and push for peaceful reform the U.S. Government have been making preparations of their own should the world fall to pieces. Paranormal activity exists and so do the existence of supernatural beings. However normal human citizens aren't aware and the government plans on keeping it that way.

The story will revolve  around a group of Special Ops Soldiers and their leader, that were attacked by werewolves and recruited into a special government organization known as The Brass. The Brass is in charge of protecting all U.S. territories and places of interest against paranormal and supernatural attacks. The Young Wolf Pack is an elite group of individuals who are survivors of werewolf attacks, now trained to be loyal to only to each other and their government. We all know the government likes to keep secrets, even from the people that service them.

Contents

2.o Rules

Post length I'm not asking for a novel, but try to at lease write two paragraphs. Watch for spelling and punctuation in your sentences and things of that sort.
  Respect I want us all to enjoy this game and have fun. Respect the rules, thread maker and fellow players. Make sure if your leaving on vacation or for some reason that will not permit you to play you notify me or my Co-GM. No drama inside the thread take it somewhere else.
  Updates I'm very open to suggestions and I don't have to many rules because everyone should know the routine by now. Also I'll be constantly updating this so rules can change over time.
  Profile Once you have completed a profile send it to me for review and then if accepted you can go ahead and began to play. Any questions or concerns contact me and I'll do my best to help guide you to molding the right character. Also no anime pictures for images. Realistic appreciated.

3.o Character Info

General -NPC )GM
Male, All reports, orders and findings go to him directly from the pack leader.

Doc-Taken
Male or Female, responsible for The Young Wolf Packs health, making sure they take their pills

The Young Wolf Pack 5 spots Taken(1 spot left

Alpha(Taken
Male, Leader

2nd Command(Taken
  Female, Battle plan strategist

Position 1(Open
Male, Herbal remedy, field medic

Position 2(Taken
  Male or Female, weapons expert

Position 3Taken
Male, ex filtration/infiltration

Position 4(Taken
Female, Surveillance and communication

Civilians
Magic-Makers
Witches, Shamans, Witch-Doctors etc
Vampires
Hemophages, psychic-vampires and of course the classic vampires.

CHARACTER SHEET
[float=left] Image here[/float]
[b]Government Name:[/b]
[b]Code Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b](young wolves must be under 27)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class: Human or Non-Human[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
[b]Kinks:[/b]
[b]Skills.Abilities[/b]

4.o Story Database

Arc One: WASHINGTON,DC. The story will be divided up into chapters or story arcs. Think of one huge plot with many sub-plots. Eventually as time goes on and missions are completed the Young Wolf pack will be exposed to other new characters.  This arc is to mainly focus on the characters in the Young Wolf Pack and dealing with each other and what they have now become. Despite what you may believe there are different breeds of werewolves. All will be revealed soon
          Serum A potent chemical created by Doc to decrease the speed at which the body metabolizes. In this case it's made specifically for were's to keep them from fulling turning into a werewolf. Why the serum does allow for superhuman abilities like strength, speed, stamina, endurance and heightened senses, if neglecting to take a dosage those 48 hours after that will speed up the metabolic rate and allow an infected to transform. Symptoms of neglect are rapid eye movement, increase strength, uncontrollable lust and rage.

If there are any interest I will reveal more of the story along with designated roles and things of that nature. If there are any questions feel free to post them here or send a message
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kokaine

I've read the first two books... would be very interested to see where this goes if things pick up.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kaisude

I haven't read the books, but this looks interesting. I'm in.

JDrew Spider

Great and Wonderful! I'm still compiling things, but if you guys have some sort of suggestions let me know!
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaisude

Will the be a possibility that one or some of the members of The Young Wolf Pack would be infected after surviving the attack from the werewolves, or do the wolves bare no way to spread the disease?

JDrew Spider

Actually I'm still debating on that. Good question!

In the book I believe they are treated with a type of serum that keeps them from transforming up until a certain age.
In this story I think I want them to all be infected to certain degree, but as long as they take their "pill" they'll remain 'human' for the most part. I do want them to have superhuman abilities like increased heightened senses, strength, endurance and killer sex drive. The serum will permit them to have every werewolf strength but no weaknesses, until they hit a certain age.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaisude

That good to know. Looking forward to this rp.

JDrew Spider

Yes, I think I might get the character sheet up tonight if more are interested.

Spider Hole
Apologies

LittleNekodemon

Seems like fun to be but I would need to do some more research on this before I get to involved.
One wrong move and you are going to be doing laps, solider.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38569.25/intro
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38905.0/ons and offs

use my ims only for role-playing- ask me here first, thankx
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168652.0

Cold Heritage

I'm interested, though I have not read the books.

Should characters be special operators who were attacked by werewolves and survived, or could they also be people who survived werewolf attacks and got trained up to spec ops level?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Kaisude

Quote from: JDrew Spider on November 27, 2011, 04:09:39 PM
Actually I'm still debating on that. Good question!

In the book I believe they are treated with a type of serum that keeps them from transforming up until a certain age.
In this story I think I want them to all be infected to certain degree, but as long as they take their "pill" they'll remain 'human' for the most part. I do want them to have superhuman abilities like increased heightened senses, strength, endurance and killer sex drive. The serum will permit them to have every werewolf strength but no weaknesses, until they hit a certain age.

Another question this pending on whether you decide to make TYWP (The Young Wolf Pack) all werewolves. I guess its more curiosity speaking, but  would be possible for a member to forget or purposely not take their "pill"? Sorry just my imagination at work. 

JDrew Spider

Welcome to the thread new interests!

http://crimsonmoonnovels.com/indexmonitor.php

The above link is the home site of the novel series.  You can use it for a reference if wished.

@Cold Heritage....to answer both questions, yes. I don't expect everyone's situation to be the same. As long as they were attacked by were's and survived. Even if they were already special ops for the government as a newly infected soldier they will be introduced to an entirely new government organization known as The Brass. See how secretive the government is?

@Kaisude, oh yea there will most definitely be some of that going on. It will be obvious when a 'infected' soldier neglects to take their pill.  How obvious is up to you.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaisude

We can expect a CS soon I hope. I don't mean to come off as pushy, but my eagerness is getting the better of me.  >:)

EDIT: Actually read the excerpt from the first book, was very intrigued and might just be investing in the collection.

JDrew Spider

Oh? Lol , yes it's very good. It's so much going on in the series that I would like to incorporate in the role play, but for now I'll just get things started one step at a time.

Character sheet is up.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaisude

Woot woot. Another question, would it be possible for one the The Young Wolf Pack to be human and then turned?

EDIT: What is the setting of this rp?

JDrew Spider

If they were to be in The Young Wolf Pack they would most definitely have to already be infected. :)..which reminds I should probably add few more things to the profile.

Edit:The setting? ...I'll have to set up locations too. I havn't decided yet. I'd say in a city.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaisude

Cold Heritage

Do we get to pick if we are demon-infected? :O

JDrew Spider

@Cold Heritage. Alas! you jumped ahead of me. I won't be introducing that part of the story till later on. Right now all  the characters in the pack know that they are just were's..no shadow wolf, no demon-infected...nada. The theme...secrets.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Cold Heritage

Gotta go to bed, but tomorrow I will try and get something done for position 2.

JDrew Spider

Character thread is up. Send your profiles to me and once accepted feel free to post them.

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Just an update: I'm waiting a on a few more bios and then I'll get main thread together and  clean it up a bit.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kokaine

Okay... so I've read the first two books of this series and I recall really liking it but for the life of me I cannot recall anything in the books. I'm gonna try and reread the first book tonight and then hopefully I will have a sheet for you tomorrow.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

JDrew Spider

Lol, Kokaine you don't have to worry about knowing the story. I barely remember the first book and I really need to complete the series :)

But! Since you have read them ( and will be rereading them again) you can help remind me about a few things.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kokaine

Quote from: JDrew Spider on November 30, 2011, 06:37:23 PM
Lol, Kokaine you don't have to worry about knowing the story. I barely remember the first book and I really need to complete the series :)

But! Since you have read them ( and will be rereading them again) you can help remind me about a few things.

Hehe... will do. ^^

And a question: Do the remaining pack positions have to be male? I can do a male character if you're firm on that but I had a female were in my head to begin with.

My O/Os