The Hunger Games - Recruitment(System)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 29, 2012, 02:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnowThySire

300 some-odd pages beg to differ. Lol

But the real reason I'm not reading it yet is cause the book is always better than the movie. If I read the book first, I'll just be upset when they cut some of the stuff from the movie. I learned my lesson after I read the Harry Potter the Prisoner of Azkaban, then saw the movie. So much was missing.

I'd rather watch it first, then read it.
There can only be one king.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on March 22, 2012, 02:15:11 PM
300 some-odd pages beg to differ. Lol

But the real reason I'm not reading it yet is cause the book is always better than the movie. If I read the book first, I'll just be upset when they cut some of the stuff from the movie. I learned my lesson after I read the Harry Potter the Prisoner of Azkaban, then saw the movie. So much was missing.

I'd rather watch it first, then read it.

Despite the page numbers, it's a pretty easy read, well...if you don't mind crying in some places that is. 

I do have such high hopes for the movie though, I really can't wait to see it.  But yeshhhhh, watch it, read it, and tell me if you love it :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

KnowThySire

Most likely I will. Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to see it, so please no spoilers.

undisclosedtoyou

There will definitely be no spoilers for me, I'm going to go watch it on Sunday :)  Also, if anyone does see it before than, and wants to share, please wrap it in the Spoiler tag.

A big thank you from the GM :)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

OMG!

The movie was amazing! Anyone going to see it I highly doubt they will be disappointed.

KnowThySire

Ummmm.... Saw it.... Managed to convince my friends to go to a midnight showing. ;D Gotta say, I was impressed, although I can't say the same for my friend, but he's a brute that doesn't comprehend character depth and a story so I don't value his opinion all that much.

LimitlessNikkie

Going to see the movie tomorrow I so can't wait *jumps around excitedly*

DRoux

Just saw the movie with my roommate. I'm drafting up a character now.  ;D
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Bloody Rose

mmm I was wondering if you still needed players for this game?. Most likely I will go watch it on monday with some friends of mine, not sure yet.

KnowThySire

I'm pretty sure there are spots still open. Undisclosed wants male and female tribute from each district before we begin, so we definitely could use more players.

Bloody Rose

KnowThySire

Whichever you prefer. Just make sure that the spot isn't already taken up in the district.

Bloody Rose

Flower

This is the last list I found from Dis.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 21, 2012, 01:48:53 PM
This is the new line-up of available Tribute positions.

District 1 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 2 - 1 Male Tribute spot Open.
District 3 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 4 - No Tribute spots open.
District 5 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 6 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 7 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 8 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 9 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 10 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 11 -  No Tribute spots open.
District 12 - 1 Female Tribute spot open.

Bloody Rose

Kokaine

Quote from: Zarazel on March 24, 2012, 11:14:37 PM
Any difference on district?

Check out the links on the first page. There's a wiki page that gives a little detail on the districts.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

KnowThySire

What Kokaine said... Now that I think about it, I haven't made a character yet either. I better get on that...

Bloody Rose

DRoux

Name: Antony Tueur
Division: District 2

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin tone: Fair
Distinguishing Marks: Has a few scars from sparring with sharp blades, most notably a thin scar on the right side of his neck.
Physical Description:
His body is built almost entirely of wiry muscle. His slim build hides a surprising amount of strength, given that he's been training specifically for the Games since his childhood. His parents, knowing that he would most likely face at least a shortage of food during the Games, occasionally deprived him of food for up to three days sometimes in an effort to build his tolerance towards hunger. Agile and built for speed.

Likes: Intelligent people, exploiting others fears to his advantage, psychology, snide commentary, chess.
Dislikes: Wrenches in his plans, not knowing or at least being able to theorize what his enemy is doing.
Fears: Large arachnids, being overpowered in single combat, or worse, being outmatched in intellect.
Personality:
A cold, calculating, and utterly ruthless person. He's willing to go to any length to get what he wants, and out in the Games, he's planning on doing just that. Has a "kill or be killed" mentality. On the flip side, he's charismatic, personable and persuasive, with a knack for using this talent to get inside peoples' heads and for manipulation. His conscience hasn't developed well, and he only feels the occasional pang of remorse, if at all.

History:
A Career, Antony was trained from his early childhood to compete in the Games. Both of his parents are overseers in munitions factories, and as such, had the capital to afford to train him in woodcraft, combat, and psychology. Though he initially resented this early in his life, he came to accept it and even look forward to it as he grew older.

He watched every Game that he could, studying the strategies and general movements of the Tributes, and gradually continued his training. He found his preferred style of combat was in close with knives, preferably from behind with the element of surprise on his side. While he's trained enough to not be a pushover in a straight fight, he's still relatively scrawny compared to some of the Tributes who come from a background with more manual labor. He defeated both of his parents at chess by the age of ten, and defeated two elder Careers in a simulation of the Games at age fifteen. Antony has waited until his last chance to participate in the Games in order to prepare himself to the utmost degree for the competition.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

undisclosedtoyou

Hey DRoux,

Your character has been approved, and has been moved to the official Hunger Games character thread, here.  With that out of the way, welcome to the game DR, your character looks really good.

And with that, these are the Tribute character spots still open:

District 1 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 2 - No Tribute spots open.
District 3 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 4 - No Tribute spots open.
District 5 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 6 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 7 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 8 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 9 - 1 Male and 1 Female Tribute spot open.
District 10 - 1 Male Tribute spot open.
District 11 -  No Tribute spots open.
District 12 - 1 Female Tribute spot open.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

I wasn't on all day yesterday because I spent the day playing with my buddies, shopping, and going to see The Hunger Games in theaters, it was sooooooo good!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

DRoux

Thanks.

I figured I'd go for the out-and-out antagonist. Because evil feels good like that.  >:)

KnowThySire

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 26, 2012, 01:12:54 PM
I wasn't on all day yesterday because I spent the day playing with my buddies, shopping, and going to see The Hunger Games in theaters, it was sooooooo good!
Indeed it was. I'm trying to go see it again with my cousin. ;D

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: DRoux on March 26, 2012, 07:59:53 PM
Thanks.

I figured I'd go for the out-and-out antagonist. Because evil feels good like that.  >:)

Antagonists are good, I especially love them in this setting.

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on March 26, 2012, 08:24:41 PM
Indeed it was. I'm trying to go see it again with my cousin. ;D

I sooo want to see it again!  But what I can't wait for, is for Catching Fire to come out, that's going to be awesome!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

DomShark

Question! From my take on the film, weapons are a pretty crucial part of the Hunger Games, but the current system as I understand it allows the same sort of damage matrix for all attacks. Someone could score more damage with a closed fist punch than they could swinging with a sword depending on the dice roll. Will there be some sort of bonuses assessed for effective weapon usage? For Instance: Rocks, Sticks, handmade weapons- x2 Blunt weapons- x4 knives and bows- x6 (With some sort of range bonus for bows) Sword- x8 Firearms(?)- x10 (Range?)

Just something that I was mulling over after seeing the film. Well done, I thought. Got a little seasick with the shakey cam from the second row, but I understand that they don't want to show kids getting killed. We'll have no such qualms here I hope.  >:) /evil laugh
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.