Pineapple on Pizza?

Started by TerribleTira, March 05, 2018, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanthipriya

Being a hardcore Vegetarian, I must confess how much I started to love this combination. Back at my place (India), I didn't had a chance to try this combo. Loved it the very first time I tried.

P. S: yes, I am still a spicy food lover
“I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer

O/o's   ~ My Request Thread

Mathim

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!

I never used to like pineapple on pizza, it just seemed conceptually untenable. But as I sampled pizza buffets which I never knew existed until I moved to Sacramento, and they put out more and more combinations, I started trying ones that had pineapple with various other topping combinations and some of them weren't half-bad. In particular, I discovered, were the ones with the garlic white sauce rather than red marinara, and I finally got it down to a science where it became one of my favorite combinations. You get pineapple, garlic sauce, and one or two greasy meats, and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes to taste, and it's simply the best. That sweetness with the salty tang of the garlic sauce and meats, it's just amazing.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Regina Minx

I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

RedRose

Quote from: Regina Minx on September 10, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

WOW! I tried to access and got this

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact wdelnews@wdel.com or call (302)478-2700.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Oniya

This link might work better for you.  It's a BBC story about a similar bust - which was actually more creative.  The Delaware news story had the kilos hidden in the wooden pallets.  The Portugal bust had them camouflaged a bit better.

(WDEL is a local news station, which might explain the link issue.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheHangedOne

I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Oniya

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 11, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.

A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Deamonbane

Quote from: Oniya on September 11, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 11, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.
Quote from: Oniya on September 11, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
A sweetened dough, as one might use in pastry, with a cooked sweetened condensed milk (basically caramel) sauce, with some various fruit slices as the topping would probably be amazing. Not something I could reasonably eat, though; I'm imagining the carbs in the hundreds for just a slice.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.
Check out my poet tree!

Oniya

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 11, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.

Now you're just teasing.  :P  ;D

And yes, they are just as carb-heavy as you imagine.  The place cuts them in very narrow slices.

Ket

You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Ket on September 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM
You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

That is--wait for it--literally what I was picturing in my mind (except pineapple instead of kiwi, since we were talking pineapple). Also, yes, very good bringing up the glycemic index. As a type 1 brittle diabetic, I actually find that fruits, especially fruit juices, are bad for me due to their high glycemic index (the body processes it very quickly, and it's hard to balance the insulin intake timing with the way the body processes that sugar). I mean, in theory, I could get the timing and the ratios down right... and fruit juice is excellent for counter-acting a low. But something like complex carbs from whole grain doughs takes a much longer time for the body to break down.
Check out my poet tree!

Ket

Fruit juice often has added sugar, which is why it is so horrible. Berries, pineapple, and grapes typically have the highest amounts of sugar in them, while less sweet/more tart fruits have lower amounts. I'm a LADA diabetic, and fruits are one of the things that actually barely touch my blood sugar levels. Any sort of bread-type dough or potato product and my levels are pushing the accelerator as if they're trying to win the Indy 500. Yet I can eat a ton of pineapple or grapes and barely register an increase. But you won't find me drinking fruit juice unless it's no sugar added.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Oniya

Quote from: Ket on September 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

The one I've seen doesn't look nearly that healthy.  Streusel topping is involved.

Ket

I've always seen them on some sort of pastry dough or sugar cookie base (though honestly, you could put them on pizza dough just fine), with a cream cheese sauce and a myriad of soft fruits on top.

Rozel

Yeah there is a difference between desert pizza and fruit pizza. :P

Dessert pizza is just with normal pizza dough, but topped with pie filling and drizzle of frosting or something of the likes.
Fruit Pizza typically is on a cookie type base with a cream cheese (sweetened type.. ) spread, then topped with fresh fruit that is sliced up. It is then sometimes topped with a orange or lemon glaze (but not always.) It also is typically served cold, rather than hot like a Dessert pizza would be.

We eat loads of different kinds of pizzas.. My family and I love pineapple on our pizza. My fav. is a meat lovers topped with pineapple. However, we will also put in mushrooms, onions, and sometimes (ripe) olives on that.. and the placement of the pineapple has to be just right to not make it soggy (some put too many on)..

It is the combination between salty and sweet that balances things out and is such a treat. Admittedly, we make most of our own pizza at home. I have a fantastic recipe for Pizza dough, which in my mind, is the basis for a great pizza.

It is my fav. food.

Strangely, in Canada, we (here) have no Canadian Bacon like they do in the states (which is round circle slice of cured loin, ham like). ;) They call back bacon/peameal bacon, Canadian bacon here, which is more raw, unlike normal bacon or the US Canadian bacon. Back bacon here is more closely similar to British Bacon in shape. And thicker than your typical slice of US Canadian Bacon, not to mention that it is also rolled (the loin) in cornmeal .

All that said, bacon is tasty, no matter what kind is used! :P

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

Evilcupcakecat

Pineapple of pizza is delicious, however, putting barbeque sauce on top of it? Hell naw.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Evilcupcakecat on February 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM
Pineapple of pizza is delicious, however, putting barbeque sauce on top of it? Hell naw.
On this we can agree.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Yarnover

Quote from: Evilcupcakecat on February 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM

BBQ sauce, pineapple, onions on pan-style crust... my favorite pizza! Mmmm....
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Sara Nilsson

but what about pizza on pineapple?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on February 20, 2019, 01:12:57 AM

but what about pizza on pineapple?

What culinary apocalypse hath thou wrought?

Yarnover

O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Yarnover

Quote from: Yarnover on February 20, 2019, 01:32:20 AM

By which I meant that you blew my mind... But I cannot edit that monstrosity.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Humble Scribe

Pineapple, pizza. Abomination. That is all.

But don't listen to me; listen to the President of Iceland (other supermarkets are available).

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/icelands-president-says-threatening-pineapple-pizza-ban-went-too-far/news-story/32b056496d5a76dd672edacaca563996
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs