Shadowrun: Miami

Started by Melnibone, March 26, 2010, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melnibone

Howdies.

I'm looking to start a Shadowrun game with a small group. We'll be using 4th edition. The setting is 2070 South Florida.

Sunshine and Shadows: Broad Strokes.

South Florida has been part of the Caribbean League for decades. The gateway to Latin America, the Caribbean, and North America, it remains an important shipping hub, tourist destination, and ecological treasure. It has become three distinct cities.

Miami Beach

This city has grown exponentially, literally. With the sweat and blood, the islands of Miami Beach have been extended over and over until the city has its own highways over the sea, two airports, and is home to five million permanent residents. The city welcome new developments, including residences, offices, and corporate enclaves – with the exception of Aztechnology who are not welcome anywhere in the Caribbean League.

Daily life in Miami Beach is expensive, but enviable. Even the lowliest residents live a middle class lifestyle and eat food on a regular basis. They rub shoulders now and then with celebrities and stars. Here is where many people come to play, and many corporations come do business away from what little scrutiny there is elsewhere. Life is frenetic and those who can't keep up will be evicted, and may have nowhere to go but into the sprawl.

The population is mainly human, though elves and humans are abundant, too. Orks and Trolls are regarded suspiciously, and seldom fit into the image Miami Beach itself tries to maintain.

The Miami Sprawl

Extending from the coast to as many as thirty kilometers inland, The Miami Sprawl is almost entirely lawless. When magic returned to the world, an awakened hurricane roared into the city and sat with its eye over the Miami Circle – a archaeological relic of circular stones discovered by construction workers before the turn of the century and ignored. The hurricane persisted for three weeks until the Seminoles and Mikosukee who took credit for it were appeased by being “given” the Everglades. The damage, however, was done. Most of the city was now in ruins and the sea has yet to retreat from some of the former downtown districts. The wealthy and powerful left for Miami Beach.

Over time, the Sprawl's diverse community has adapted. Communities tend to be tightly knit and well defined. Race, skin color, nationality, ethnicity, and language all serve to identify to others what community you belong in. The sprawl is essentially a dizzying array of tiny neighborhoods that have divided themselves, interspersed here and there with Florida Utility buildings, or corporate properties.

Of course, all this makes it a smuggler and runner's haven. Proximity to the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Gulf, two nations, and the Awakened Everglades make it ideal for moving things unnoticed. Generally much poorer, some areas are like relics of life as it was fifty years ago, with hardly an intrusion from modern technology except the most basic.

The Awakened Everglades

The Everglades is not a swamp, it's a wide and shallow river of grass extending from the water basin in central Florida to Florida bay. Magic's return has made the Everglades intractable. Satellites observing it from orbit find it literally shifts daily. Filled with awakened critters of all types, it can seem deceptively tranquil, like the slow flowing water.

Arguably more dangerous to visitors than the monsters inhabiting it are the two communities of Native Americans living there, the Seminole and Mikosukee. Too far from other NAN tribes to form a powerful coalition, they were left stranded and refused to abandon their homes. Though their populations are small, they are the de feacto rulers of the sawgrass since no one else can manage to keep structures there for long. Either the swamp or the Indians conspire to destroy outsiders.

The Everglades' inhospitable and impossible to map aura of course makes it an ideal place for poachers and smugglers to ply their trade. Be warned, the water drowns all fools.

Important Groups

The Miami Circle. This lodge of mainly shamanic practitioners lives in the half-flooded ruins of what was once downtown Miami, and has build a lodge over a circle of stones discovered in the previous century. They take credit from all the weather in the region, and it may true as far as anyone knows. They are the most influential group in the tumble down ruins soaked by the sea, usually infested with smugglers and function as neutral mediators when groups wish to settle disputes.

The Florida Sheriff's Office. Half police force, half military, this organization treats the three regions of South Florida differently. In Miami Beach, they are solicitous, helpful, and always aware of what you're doing. With dirigible drones in the sky, strike teams always ready in VTOL aircraft, cameras on every street, and patrols threading through the city, they suppress crime through extreme means. Registered tourists and citizens have little to fear aside from the loss of privacy. Unregistered vehicles and persons will be searched and seized. They rarely get involved in the Sprawl except in force, and seldom venture to the 'Glades. However, the routinely tangle with dangerous criminals and have a variety of air, sea, and ground resources you'd more typically except of the military. They rarely attack unless they think they have the raw firepower to win.

Los Reyes The Kings A huge, but loose organization of Latin gangs spanning two continents, many local chapters run ethnic enclaves at the street level. Violent, they runs drugs, better-than-life chips, prostitution, and protection rackets. Their main strength is numbers and the roots in their communities, but they do have rivals.

The Mob. No one mafia family has supremacy in the area, but several UCAS and CAS based families have interests in the area. They often run entirely legitimate businesses in both Miami and Miami Beach, and focus mainly in smuggling and money laundering.

The Yakuza The Yakuzu presence is relatively small, but they run all the bunraku prostitution rings, legally. Bunraku prostitutes are sex workers whose brains have been modified to accept any personality downloaded to them. Many celebrities and politicians have personalities that have been. . .creatively entered into surgically sculpted sex workers available at hourly, daily, and weekly rates.

Friends of the Everglades An affiliate organization with Earth First! this organization loudly pursues legal and illegal means to make the Awakened Everglades its own sovereign nation. The biggest obstacles are that the local Native Americans view the 'Glades as their home, resenting outsiders, and much of the watershed consisting of the Everglades reaches halfway up into the peninsula, into CAS territory. Many members live in the 'Glades and are among the greatest experts in the terrain and ecology.

Notes about character creation.

I strongly encourage normal metahuman types. Language can be important, so don't neglect it. English is the lingua franca of the region, but whole neighborhoods exists where people go their whole lives speaking only Spanish or Haitian Creole. I'm looking for around four players. Feel free to send me a message if you have questions.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thorn14

What can we expect gameplay wise?

Actiony? Social? And adult content?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I'm interested, and yet my muse has not been the most cooperative lately... ><;

*waits to see what the answer to Thorn's question is before making any definite decisions*

NotoriusBEN

Im going to add my interest as well. Pending Thorn's questions, I'll work on a character for submittal.

Melnibone

Oh, content.

There's definitely going to be plot, adventure, crime and the standard fare of Shadowrun. The sexy content is going to range from R rated to late night Skinemax and beyond. I have several different plots and adventures planned, so the types of characters you folks propose will tell me which ones I select. There's room for social characters, hackers, street samurai, everyone. However, don't make your characters one trick ponies. Life can throw you curve balls.

There's definitely combat, social interaction, and sexy stuff.

Melnibone

Quote from: sinoraa on March 27, 2010, 02:02:37 AM
street samurai!!! i don't know what that is but it sounds nice!

Street Samurai are what cyberware loaded, "Honorable", guns-and-swords-for hire are typically called. Latinos and Haitians often find the term obnoxiously gringo but there's plenty of former Nicaraguan, Venesualean, Haitian, Cuban, and Bolivian cyberware enhanced toughs plying their trade, too.

Map of North America:

Kunoichi

Huh.  Well, I do have an idea for a spellslinging rockstar...

Knowing my schedule and current muse issues, though, I'd guess I probably won't wind up turning in a character sheet before all the slots are filled, though. >>;

Behemoth

Mmm, sexy Shadowrun.

I'm ALSO keen to play. I have some Shadowrun experience, first played it WAY back in 2nd edition. I also have some experience with 4e including some GMing. Big fan of 4e :-)

If i was to play i'd go for a female elf Hacker, Mage or Face OR a human or orc Adept or Street Samurai.

-Behemoth

Muse

Yondala Moreno, Panda to her friends, is the daughter of an Aztechnkowlgy magician and bureaucrat by a man who went rogue on the corp. 

By age thirteen, she realized the horrible things her mother was doing and fled to her father, persuading him to take her as a sadowrunning aprentice.  In her seventeenth year, her father disapeared in a raid on their safehouse.  She changed identites and moved into a condo on Miami Beach while looking for a new crew and setting up new safe houses. 

Yadi is a magical adept favoring a mix of social fu and athletics over overwheming force. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

NotoriusBEN

I feel like playing a Covert Ops (defeats Physical security compared to a hacker that breaks electronic security) character or a Drone Rigger. More than likely a Human. I'll be working on a character for the moment.

Melnibone

Yeay! I've gotten a few PMs with character concepts. If you haven't yet, feel free to send more. We'll try to iron everything out and begin play Friday.

Muse

Hey folks.  (Especialy, but not nessicariy, anyone playing girls).  Yadi is looking for some runners to know in backstory and set up a civiliain ID in miami beach with.   Anyone intrested? 

Behemoth

Hey Muse,

I'm definitely keen in to tie my character's back story in with yours. It certainly helps to have some friends in common, plus would make the roleplaying interesting if some of the group already knew one another. I've pitched 4 possible concepts to Melnibone so far, two of which are female, just waiting to hear back from him on them.

Feel free to PM me about it, otherwise i'll be in touch.

-Behemoth

NotoriusBEN

It'd be nice to see some concepts up here as well. I know it definitely helps me get some ideas going.

So far for my character, I have a Seattle native that decided to head to Miami for various reasons (waiting for the heat to die off possibly).
Im going to go with a Human Drone Rigger/ Wheelman concept.

Now to dive into the books and build the guy... >.> (wish catalyst had something like DnD Insider character creator)

Melnibone

Aircraft, boats, and cars are all in wide use in the region. A wheelman with multiple vehicle talents could make a killing. :)

I'll be lurking on the IRC chat under channel #Miami if anyone has any questions.

Melnibone

P.S. The official website has links to several character generators.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/faq.shtml

Kunoichi

I've heard that those have some problems, actually. ^^;

*starts work on a sort of Face/Magical Support character, her aforementioned Mage Rocker*

Hmm.  Her band is named 'Urban Ritual'...  Works for me. ;D

Melnibone

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 28, 2010, 04:16:03 AM
I've heard that those have some problems, actually. ^^;

*starts work on a sort of Face/Magical Support character, her aforementioned Mage Rocker*

Hmm.  Her band is named 'Urban Ritual'...  Works for me. ;D

Word. :)

Kunoichi

And now for the most important question:

Seeing as I've given her the Geas (Must sing and/or play the guitar while casting spells), if I also give her the Orgasm spell, will that make her Nekki Basara? ;D

Macross 7 is awesome

Melnibone

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 28, 2010, 04:39:00 AM
And now for the most important question:

Seeing as I've given her the Geas (Must sing and/or play the guitar while casting spells), if I also give her the Orgasm spell, will that make her Nekki Basara? ;D

Macross 7 is awesome

. . .I draw the line at speaker-missiles, OK?

Kunoichi

xD Good, 'cause with Arsenal, I can already make the giant robot.

Not that I will, of course.  That would just be silly. ;D

NotoriusBEN

My character is shaping up nicely. I got us a good ol' GMC van to move around in before the mission and during the getaway.

Demitri Martin Creeper van

Melnibone

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on March 28, 2010, 06:23:03 AM
My character is shaping up nicely. I got us a good ol' GMC van to move around in before the mission and during the getaway.

Demitri Martin Creeper van

Subtle.

Kunoichi

::)

Well, at least it'll be good for storing drones.  Plus, it might be able to come with some fun options...

Edit: Ah, and you might eventually wind up taking a certain band on tour with it, too. >>;

Kunoichi

Huh.  So, how much does a guitar cost, anyway? Oo;

NotoriusBEN

I'd say 500 nuyen for run of the mill and 3000 for high end models, Kuno.

OK. I *think* I have my Drone Rigger built with 400 BP. It's a pretty big list so Im going to try to give it some sensibilities.
The Core Book said that the Nissan Dobermans came equipped with weapons, so I chose the Ingram White Knights.

-Looks like my guy can fill in for wheelman, physical security breaker, and combat in a pinch.
-My eye cyber has been placed inside my real eyes so if there is an EMP, I still got meat vision.
-Weapons and Clothing are low-profile. The Armor Jacket is for combat-risk missions.
-Funny that it looks like a *Lot* of gear, but most can be fit into a jacket and satchel on a belt. The larger drones sit on a wall in the van.

Any insight into better choices are welcome.

Wheeler
Race: Human (0 BP)

Attributes (200 BP)
Body: 3
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4 (6, Reaction Enhancers 2)
Strength: 3
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 5
Logic: 4
Willpower: 3

Edge:...............................2
Essence: ..........................4.2
Initiative (Matrix): .............9(11)
Initiative Passes (Matrix): ..1(3)
Physical Damage: .............10
Stun Damage: ..................10

Qualities (0 BP)
More than Metahuman (+10 BP)
Natural Hardening (+5BP)
Bilingual (+5BP)
Addiction, mild (Alchohol) (-5BP)
SINner (-5BP)
Wanted (-10BP)[/size]

Active Skills (160 BP)
Electronics Group : 4
--(Computer, Data Search, Hardware, Software)
Perception : 2
Locksmith : 2
First Aid : 2
Automotive Mechanic : 2
Aeronautics Mechanic : 2
Pilot Ground Craft : 6
Pilot Aircraft : 4
Pilot Anthroform : 3
Gunnery : 4
Automatics : 3

Knowledge Skills (27 Free BP)                         
English : N
Japanese : N (Bilingual)
Spanish : 3
Dealers (Vehicle Dealers) : 5
Hospital Routes : 4
Computer Background : 3
Lone Star Procedures : 3
Club Music : 3
Vory : 3
Japanese Corps : 2

Contacts (7 BP)
Yuri Solnjik (Loyalty 1, Connection 3) Fixer
Ricardo Nickles (Loyalty 1, Connection 2) Mechanic

Gear ($164995)(33 BP)

Lifestyle: ($5000)
Middle Class : 4d6 x100$
--Comfort, Low
--Entertainment, Middle
--Necessities, Middle
--Neighborhood, Middle
--Security, High

Cyberware ($36750)
Reaction Enhancers (Rating 2) ($20000)
Control Rig ($10000)
Datajack ($500)
Touch Link ($1000)
Eye Recording Unit ($2000)
Flare Compensation ($750)
Image Link ($500)
Smartlink ($1000)
Thermographic Vision ($1000)

Armor ($2150)
Armor Jacket ($500)
Clothing (Regular) ($50)
Form-Fitting Full-Body Armor Suit ($1600)

Weapons ($2300)           
Ares Executive Protector ($1000)
--Smartgun System, internal ($500)
--Foregrip ($100)
--10x Regular Ammo Clips ($200)
--10x Explosive Rounds Clips ($500)

Equipment ($21245)
Medkit (Rating 3) ($300)
--Slap Patch (10 patches) ($10)
--Artificial Skin (Chem) (4 doses) ($100)
Drone Shop (GMC Van) ($5000)
Tool Kit ($500)
Autopicker (Rating 5) ($1000)
Maglock Passkey (Rating 4) ($8000)
Keycard Copier (Rating 4) ($1200)
Lockpick Set ($300)
Wire Clippers ($25)
Earbud ($10)

Fake Sin (Rating 4) ($4000)
Fake Driver's License (Rating 4) ($400)
Fake Weapon License (Rating 4) ($400)

Vehicles & Drones ($54500)
GMC Bulldog (Van) ($35000)
--Rigger Adaptation ($2500)
--Morphing License Plate ($1000)
MCT-Nissan Roto-drone ($2000)
--HK-227x, 10 clips Explosive Ammo ($800, $500)
GM-Nissan Doberman (Medium) ($3000)
--Ingram White Knight, 2 belts Explosive Ammo ($2000, $500)
Lockheed Optic-X (Small) ($1700)
2x Lone Star iBall (Minidrone) ($3000)
2x Shiawase Kanmushi (Microdrone) ($2000)

Commlink ($43550)
Commlink : Transys Avalon ($5000)
--Response Upgrade (5) ($4000)
--Signal Upgrade (5) ($1000)
--Firewall (Rating 5) ($2500)
--System (Rating 5) ($2500)
Sim Module Modified for BTL/Hot Sim ($250)

Scan (Rating 5) ($500)
ECCM (Rating 5) ($5000)
Encrypt (Rating 5) ($500)
Stealth (Rating 5) ($5000)
Command (Rating 5) ($500)

Clearsight Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Defense Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Electronic Warfare Autosoft (Rating 5) ($2500)
Maneuver (Aircraft) Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Maneuver (Ground Craft) Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Maneuver (Anthroform) Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Targeting (Heavy Weapons) Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)
Targeting (Automatics) Autosoft (Rating 4) ($2000)

AR Gloves ($250)
Virtual Surround Music ($50)

Kunoichi

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on March 28, 2010, 09:56:17 PM
I'd say 500 nuyen for run of the mill and 3000 for high end models, Kuno.

I talked it out with Melnibone over PMs, and he's fine with me having one that cost 1,450.

OK. I *think* I have my Drone Rigger built with 400 BP. It's a pretty big list so Im going to try to give it some sensibilities.
The Core Book said that the Nissan Dobermans came equipped with weapons, so I chose the Ingram White Knights.

P. 106 of Arsenal lists the Doberman as having Walker Mode, Weapon Mount (external, remote-controlled turret), and Clearsight 3 and Targeting 3 autosofts.

No mention of any weapons, but then it also says the Lone Star iBall isn't able to move under its own power, so... >>;

-Looks like my guy can fill in for wheelman, physical security breaker, and combat in a pinch.

Just remember to always send the semi-expendable drones in first, and you'll be fine. ;D

-My eye cyber has been placed inside my real eyes so if there is an EMP, I still got meat vision.

Arsenal p. 57 states that most electronics in 2070 are optical based, and thus relatively unaffected by EMP blasts.  Cyberware (or most of it, anyway,) is explicitly included in this, though power supplies, anything linked to an antenna or electric cable, and older/cheaper devices are all explicitly stated to be vulnerable.

-Weapons and Clothing are low-profile. The Armor Jacket is for combat-risk missions.

Actually, since it doesn't have an R or an F in its availability code, you could easily get away with wearing your Armor Jacket on the street in lower-security neighborhoods. ^^; No one would even look twice.

-Funny that it looks like a *Lot* of gear, but most can be fit into a jacket and satchel on a belt. The larger drones sit on a wall in the van.

Any insight into better choices are welcome.

Well, since it's a walker, the Doberman might need a Maneuver (Anthroform) autosoft, and I'm pretty sure the autosofts are loaded onto the individual drones rather than kept on your commlink...

Aside from that, nothing immediately jumps out at me.

NotoriusBEN

Dammit... looks like Arsenal beats out the Core Book p341 for the equipped weapon. >.<
Whelp, time to figure out where to allot the money now >.>;

-Ok then, sold and bought some things, know I should be legal.
The iBall has limited mobility. It's a ball bearing that cant climb up stairs and possibly gets stuck on gravel.
-Facepalm, right I forgot about the EMP deal. Still, myself personally I dont think I could give up all of my natural vision.
-Puts on Armor Jacket

Melnibone

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The FSO (Florida's Sheriff's Office)  agressively enforces contraband laws regarding weapons and other nasty hardware, but offer licenses at half the cost of the those listed in the book to registered tourists and residents of the Caribbean League.

If you're a SINner or have a good fake ID, you can get permits cheaply. If you're not, you'll usually be ignored in the sprawl, but risk drawing swift attention in Miami Beach.

Those unable to pay their fines within 24 hours are sent to work farms growing sugar and produce for the region, and you'll have your gear confiscated in any case. Officers seizing illegal goods make 10% of the net proceeds when contraband is sold at auction. Those who make regular or large seizures often zoom up the ranks. They have no incentive to let you off easy.

NotoriusBEN

Alrighty. I'll keep my Fake ID's at the prices they are at. Wheeler had to skip Seattle with LoneStar fast on his heels.
Good news for when I need to buy new ones though. And I forgot a couple contacts in Miami... adding those.

Melnibone

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on March 29, 2010, 01:01:38 AM
Alrighty. I'll keep my Fake ID's at the prices they are at. Wheeler had to skip Seattle with LoneStar fast on his heels.
Good news for when I need to buy new ones though. And I forgot a couple contacts in Miami... adding those.

I'm considering altering the Street Index to reflect how Miami is different from Seattle, the default setting, but I'll leave it alone for now.

Melnibone

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on March 29, 2010, 01:01:38 AM

I'll be nice. Contacts on the other side of continent cost half. They're not exactly going to help you quickly or cheaply, unless distance is no object to the nature of the relationship.

Kunoichi

Half price, huh?  In that case, I guess I can afford to get a good fake license for both of my character's fake IDs. ^^

Anyway, since Mel's already approved my character via PMs, it probably wouldn't hurt to post her here...

Quote*Name: Amber Goodwin
*Street Name: 'Timbre'
*Metatype: Elf

*Condition Monitor
-P [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ~ [ ][ ]
-S [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

*Body: 2
*Agility: 2
*Reaction: 3
*Strength: 2
*Charisma: 7
*Intuition: 3
*Logic: 2
*Willpower: 5

*Essence: 6
*Magic: 5
*Initiative: 6
*Init. Passes: 1(1)
*Astral Initiative: 6
*Astral Initiative Passes: 3
*Edge: 4/4

*Qualities:
Day Job I
Dependents (Band) II
Fame
Geas (Must sing and/or play guitar)
Inspired
Magician (Unorthodox Christian Theurgist)
Pacifist I
SINner

*Active Skills:
[Intu] Artisan 4(6)
[Intu] Assensing 3
[Mag] Counterspelling 3
[Agi] Infiltration 2
[Mag] Spellcasting 4 (+2 Illusion)
[Mag] Summoning 3
~[Cha]Influence 4~
-Con
-Etiquette
-Leadership
-Negotiation

*Knowledge Skills: (15 Free SP)
~Street Knowledge[Intu]~
-Miami Area Knowledge 4
~Academic Knowledge[Log]~
-Magical Theory 1
~Professional Knowledge[Log]~
-Miami Area Music Venues 5
~Interests[Intu]~
-Rock Music 5

*Language Skills:
English N

*Spells:
~Combat Spells~
-Stunbolt [Type: M | Range: LOS | Damage: S | Duration: I | Drain: (F/2)-1]
~Detection Spells~
~Health Spells~
-Improved Reflexes [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)+2]
~Illusion Spells~
-Improved Invisibility [Type: P | Range: LOS | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2) + 1]
-Orgasm [Type: M | Range: LOS | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)-2]
-Trid Entertainment [Type: P | Range: LOS (A) | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)]
~Manipulation Spells~
-Fashion [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: P | Drain: (F/2)]
-Makeover [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: P | Drain: (F/2)]

*Contacts:
~Urban Ritual (Awakened Band, Group Contact)~
-Connection 1
  -Membership: +1 (Four other members and one Fixer, a few roadies)
  -Area of Influence: +1 (Miami Sprawl)
  -Magical Resources: +4 (Most members are Awakened)
-Loyalty 4

*Gear:
1,450 ny Guitar
Armor Jacket [8/6]

Rating 4 Emotitoy (Angel-kun, Band Mascot)

Sony Emperor (R:2 S:3)
-Mangadyne Deva (F:2 S:3)

Rating 4 Fake SIN (Amber Genera, aspiring musician)
Rating 4 Fake SIN (Integra Marcella, aka Timbre)

Rating 2 Glasses
-Flare Compensation
-Image Link

Flashlight

Force 2 Sustaining Focus (Cross Pendant)
-Rating 4 Fake License (Registered to Amber Genera)
-Rating 4 Fake License (Registered to Integra Marcella)

Dodge Scoot

Advanced Lifestyle 1 Month
-Comforts: Low
-Entertainment: Low
-Necessities: Low
-Neighborhood: Low
-Security: Low
-Positive Qualities:
  -Easy-going Landlord
  -Perfect Roommate
  -Workplace
-Negative Qualities:

Melnibone

We have two approved characters right now. We're short on fighty or covert ops types, so feel free to work one up.

Kunoichi

Actually, I daresay we could get by without a combat-centric type rather easily. ^^; We'll probably be actively avoiding combat anyway...

NotoriusBEN

if it isnt obvious Im still interested in playing shadowrun. Is it possible to pm the others that said they had interest earlier in the thread? or is that considered bad etiquette nowadays?

Kunoichi

Raveled

Le sigh. Don't have my books. Which sucks, because Jean Nguyen would be perfect here...
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Kunoichi

Jean Nguyen?

*is curious*

Raveled

It's a Cryptonomicon in-joke. Adept gunslinger with a particular hatred of the mega-corps.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Kunoichi

Ah.  I haven't read Cryptonomicon, so of course I wouldn't get it. ^^;

NotoriusBEN

I was thinking about getting the Cryptonomicon, but then I saw Neuromancer and I was like "Hey! Gibson book"  Is Cryptonomicon a decent read? or is it a little dry?

Behemoth

Meet Azrael - my character proposal,

He's big, he's bad, he's ugly and he likes to stalk and kill things with his bare hands. Obviously he's a close combat specialist. His major flaw, (apart from a TOTAL lack of social graces) is that he's pretty much useless at ranged combat. In social situations he'd be ok at intimidating folks, but apart from that he's the kind guy who will probably stand watch or stay in the van when the group's dealing with Mr Johnson. He has a bit of a *thing* for beautiful blond elven women (let's face it, who doesn't?), eats a LOT and loves to fight.

I'm not sure he'd be that interested in going on tour with your band (or helpful for that matter, although he could work 'security'?), but he's handy in a fight and can be reasonably sneaky when he tries REALLY hard.

Sorry, i thought the group was looking a little too *nice* and needed an orc with some grunt :-)

Thanks.

Azrael Kirnen
Concept: Urban Predator

Race: Orc (20BP)

ATTRIBUTES (210BP*)
Body……….7 (8)
Agility……..4 (5)
Reaction….4 (7)
Strength….7 (8)
Charisma….2
Intuition…..3
Logic………..2
Willpower….4

Edge:………………………........2*
Essence:…………………........1.1
Initiative:………………….......7 (10)
Initiative Passes:…………...1 (3)
Physical Damage Track:….12
Stun Damage Track:……….10

ACTIVE SKILLS (144BP)
Athletics…………………......3
Outdoors………………….....2
Martial Arts: Aikido………4
Blades (Swords)…………..6 (+2)
Dodge…………………….......4
First Aid………………….......1
Infiltration…………………....3
Intimidation………………....2
Perception…………………....2 (5)
Throwing Weapons……….1

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS (15 Free BP)
Urban Brawl……………………………..........1
Sports: Football………………………….......1
Gang I.D……………………………….............2
Local Area Knowledge: Miami Slums…2
Safe Houses……………………………...........2
C.A.S Special Forces Tactics………….....2

LANGUAGE SKILLS
English (Cityspeak)….N
Spanish………………......3
Or’zet……………….........2

QUALITIES (10BP)
Guts……………………......5
Martial Arts: Aikido…..5

NEGATIVE QUALITIES (+35BP)
SINner (Criminal)………......-10
Uncouth…………………..........-20
Incompetent  (Etiquette)...-5

RESOURCES (50BP total – includes Contacts and Lifestyle)

GEAR ($213,540)

Weapons ($2,650)
Survival Knife $50
Throwing Knives x6 $120
Vibro Sword $2,000
Grenades:
Flash Bangs x6 $180
High Explosive x4 $180
Gas (Tear) x4 $120

Armour & Clothing ($11,760)
Chameleon Suit (6/4 - Fire resistance Rating 4, Non-conductive Rating 5, Thermal Dampening Rating 2) $11,000
Lined Coat (6/4) $700
Regular street clothing x3 $60

Cyberware ($147,050)
Flare Compensation $750
Thermographic Vision $1,000
Vision Enhancement (Rating 3) $4,500
Dermal Plating (Rating 3, Alpha) $30,000
Wired Reflexes II (Alpha) $64,000
Spur (Retractable) $1,800
Suprathyroid Gland $45,000

Communications I.D & Credsticks ($7,460)
Commlink: Sony Emperor $700
Sub-vocal Mic $50
Ear buds $10
Fake Licence (Rating 6) $600
Fake SIN (Rating 6) $6,000
Certified Credstick x4 &100

Survival Gear ($2,930)
Climbing Gear $200
Wire Clippers $25
Gas Mask $100
Geko Tape Gloves $250
Rappelling Gloves $70
Respirator (Rating 4) $400
Survival Kit $100
Grapple Gun $500
Catalyst Stick $1200
Stealth Rope (100m) $85

Biotech & Medical ($26,930)
Medkit (Rating 5) $500
Doc Wagon Contract (Gold) $25,000
Antidote Patch x2 $100
Stim Patch x4 $100
Tranq Patch x2 (Rating 6) $240
Trauma Patch x2 $1,000

Miscellaneous Gear ($1,750)
Mag Lock x2 (Rating 6, with keypad and anti tamper Rating 4) $1,650
Plasteel Restraints x2 $100

Means of Locomotion ($6,500)
Suzuki Mirage (Old and somewhat beat-up)…..$6,500

LIFE STYLE ($6,600)
Lifestyle: Low (3 months paid-up, +10%)………$6,600

CONTACTS (8BP)
Fixer - Joe “Joey” McCormick (Connection 3/Loyalty 2)
Street Doc – Jack “Hacker” Francis (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)

NOTES: None

Melnibone

Yeay, more characters.

I was planning on starting the game tonight, Friday, at about 6 or 7 EST pm. Is everyone cool with that? We can play by post instead of playing on IRC for the first session if you like.

Melnibone

Quote from: Raveled on April 01, 2010, 08:26:15 PM
It's a Cryptonomicon in-joke. Adept gunslinger with a particular hatred of the mega-corps.

That character would be totally weclome. Download the book or a character generator. :-p

NotoriusBEN

6 or 7 pm in what timezone? eastern? pacific? tokyo?

Melnibone

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on April 02, 2010, 09:54:36 AM
6 or 7 pm in what timezone? eastern? pacific? tokyo?

EST, sorry. I forgot not everyone lives in the real Miami. :-p

I modified my earlier post.

Melnibone

Hold on folks. I was prepared to launch tonight, but I have a family emergency. I will not be able to run a game tonight.

Muse

Meep! 

Well, Kunochi-chan, my Miko could dance wiht you band! 

NotoriusBEN

Take care of that first, Mel. Well wishes to you and we will be patient for your return.

Also, unless we get a Class A hacker on the team, I'll branch Wheeler in that direction. I figure decent Spoof and Exploit programs along with learning the Hacking Skill will let me start messing with other drones and cameras.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Melnibone on April 02, 2010, 01:53:52 AM
Yeay, more characters.

I was planning on starting the game tonight, Friday, at about 6 or 7 EST pm. Is everyone cool with that? We can play by post instead of playing on IRC for the first session if you like.
Quote from: Melnibone on April 02, 2010, 11:46:15 AM
Hold on folks. I was prepared to launch tonight, but I have a family emergency. I will not be able to run a game tonight.

I only just got on, so I wouldn't have made it in any case. ^^; Hope it's nothing too serious, though, Mel

Also, I wasn't really aware that this was going to be played on anything other than post. >>; I've never played via IRC before, so...

Melnibone

I apologize again for ducking out like that. A family member has died. It wasn't a surprise, he was almost ninety years old and very ill, but we're all diminished by his death.

I will be checking in a bit for the next few days in case you have anything to send to me.

NotoriusBEN

D: dude, dont apologize for that. take care of what you need to and we'll be waiting.

Muse

i'm here when you're ready, man, for both Shadowrun and Captain Shield.  Just take care of your family and let us know when you're ready for some distractions. 

(Wow.  I hope i make it to ninty.  The women on my mother's side are nigh imortal, but most o the guy's don't make it to 80.) 

Chelemar

I never find the pages till later why is that???

Am i still in?

<.<

I am working on a gender twisting wheelman

Chelemar

big hugs!! so sorry

take care of you and family!!!1

Chelemar

Name: Taylor Gends
Height: 5’10
Weight 1 50
Eyes: Brown
Hair Brown
WORK IN PROGRESS[/color]

Race: Human (0 BP)
Attributes (230 BP)
B A R S C I L W M E
3 3 3 2 4 4 4 4 3 3
Essence: 6
Initiative (Astral): 7 (8)
Initiative Passes (Astral): 1 (3)
Physical Damage Track: 10
Stun Damage Track: 10
Active Skills (146 BP)
Assensing: 3
Conjuring Skill Group: 3
Data Search: 3
Dodge: 2
Influence Skill Group: 2
Palming: 2
Perception (Visual): 4 (+2)
Pistols: 2
Shadowing: 2
Sorcery Skill Group: 3
Knowledge Skills (24 Free BP)
Chemistry: 3
L ocal Area Knowledge: 4
Magic Theory: 4
Underworld Politics: 4
Language Skills
Arabic: N
English: (Cityspeak) 3 (+2)
Japanese: 2
L atin: 3
Qualities (+10 BP)
Magician (15 BP)
Addiction (Mild, Alcohol) (+5 BP)
Bad Luck (+20 BP)
Spells (15 BP)
Ignite
Improved Invisibility
Influence
Mind Probe
Stun Bolt
Gear & Lifestyle (25,000¥) (5 BP)
Colt Manhunter (w/Concealable Holster and 10
clips of Regular Ammo); Sony Emperor Commlink
(w/Renraku Ichi OS); Monocle w/Image Link; AR
Gloves; Mage Sight Goggles; Glasses w/Low-
Light, Flare Compensation, and Thermographic
Vision; Earbuds w/Audio Enhancement, Select
Sound Filter, and Spatial Recognizer; Lined Coat;
Magical Lodge Materials (Force 3); Maglock Passkey
(Rating 4); Lockpick Set; Autopicker; Fake SIN
(Rating 3); Fake Press License (Rating 4); 20 Security
Tags; 3 Micro Cameras; 3 Micro Microphones;
Radio Signal Scanner (Rating 3); Micro Directional
Microphone; Low Lifestyle (2 Months)
Contacts (14 BP)
Bartender (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Fixer (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Lone Star Beat Cop (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Street Snitch (Connection 1/Loyalty 1)
Talismonger (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
NOTES
Starting Nuyen: 3D6 +5 x 50¥

Genderbending, Tylor can morph her/his body. One genetic oddity that hit her, (she prefers to stay female most of the time) This really special transgender has both sets of genitalia and both are in complete working order. She can transform at will from male to female, though her basic features stay about the same, they do shift to appear either more feminine or masculine depending on what sex she is in. This helps her elude many captures.

NotoriusBEN

Just to keep us afloat, and I hope everything is progressing smoothly, mel. See you when your back.

Look what I found on my way home today... A subsidary perhaps? :P

Muse

So, if anyoe on the team is comfortable enough to share their civilian life with Yadi, she's gotten herself a nice pad on the beach and is looking for roomates. 

Advanced Lifestyle:  The Delgado Beach House (21,000 a month, includes rental of a single minivan and househod Matrix Service Provier.  It can support up to 5 with a monthly rent of 21,000 total.) 
(3)   Comforts:  Middle:
(4)   Entertainment: High   
(4)   Necesities: High    
(3)   Neighborhooed: Middle
(3)   SEcurity: Middle
(5)   Feng Shui
(2)   Hasty Exit
(1)   Homegrown Farming
(1)   Work Place
(-3)   AI in Residence
(-2)   Lax Security

The furniture isn't the best, but it matches, and it holds together.  Better still, a BusyBUddy drone helps with the house cleaning and a Horizon Leafman with extra progrmaning assists in the gardening.  A GM Mr Fix-It 2071 maintains the place and assists in the workshop, and two virtual kittens serve as altergy free houshold pets. 

Along with the usual array of quality entertainment, We're On the BEACH!  On top of that, we have small gardens and shellfish farms, meaning we eat like princes of the earth! 

In a ood neighborhood, an array of fine security measurs protect the house...  Well, actualy, we have good locks and alarms.  The security gards are usualy too busy working on their seashell collections to do their jobs. 

Kunoichi

Well, if you wound up joining the band, you could probably live with Timbre. ^^; It'd be a definite downgrade from your current lifestyle, though.

Chelemar

oh muse count me in as a roomie honey.

Muse

Yay! 

if we can get one more, monty rent will be down to 7,000. 

ReijiTabibito

I believe it's already been said:

Good News Everyone!

And the good news is that I'm joining, and after a three-hour crash course in learning about the Matrix, Hacking, and programs, I'm going to play a Hacker-type.  Though, he'll be able to take care of himself, given his background...

...now the only thing I have to worry about is the crazy number of Matrix programs out there, and how much they're gonna cost me...

Muse

Huzzah!  I don't have to be a hacker! 

*happily grabs the parts that he likes and tosses away the draft that was making his head throb.* 

Muse

NotoriusBEN

Alright, coolbeans as well Reiji. I can focus on my go-bots now :D
Since you were kicking around the magic idea with me muse (and you seem to like your dualie gun totin' lady friend in the picture),
A Gun-Adept isnt hard to put together and would set up our firepower nicely. The good part about that is that a Gun-slinger is already presented as a ready-made character in the core books. Just take what you like, and toss the other stuff you dont like about it.

ReijiTabibito

The two of you just remember, the most important thing in a mission is to protect the paydata.  And by protect the paydata, I mean protect me.  And by protect me, I mean 'die in a hail of megacorp gunfire while I run away.'

Kunoichi

::) Or, you know, you could just not accidentally trip the alarms in the first place...

ReijiTabibito

Kuno, I'm a hacker.  If I'm going any deeper into a corp building than the first place that I can get to an access node, then things have gone seriously, seriously wrong.

NotoriusBEN

or we need to get paydata from the white-rooms that have -no- outside connectivity. besides, get yourself a MAC-10. everyone looks pro blindfiring that whole clip over the barricade. haha

Kunoichi

Yeah, the Matrix in 4th Edition is a little more friendly to having the Hacker come along with the rest of the team on a run.  Especially since the necessary gear is a little cheaper.  You can get a decent commlink for hacking and get some helpful cyberware as well, or specialize in some other area.

ReijiTabibito

Entirely true.  Heck, you don't even need cyberware anymore to be a hacker.  All you need is a good commlink, and a bunch of programs, and off you go.  And as for MAC-10s...I prefer my guns to be a little less bulky...and automatic.

Kunoichi

True, but there is some cyberware in Augmentation that can be quite helpful to a Hacker...  Although, you may not necessarily want to invest in it, depending on your character concept, and you'll be able to do alright without it..

ReijiTabibito

Well, for right now, since I can get by without cyberware, I want to spend my funds building up my program arsenal.  Cyberware in the Matrix doesn't mean anything if you don't have a good program for it...maybe if I run out of programs to buy, and don't have enough leftover nuyen to convert back to BP.

Kunoichi

Yeah, that's a good idea.  If you do wind up getting cyberware, though, then cybereyes, while not really all that helpful for hacking, are a very common and extremely useful piece of cyberware...

ReijiTabibito

True.  Speaking of, I'm buying up gear right now...and I'm starting to get lost in a virtual sea of programs, modifications, and what not.  Anyone with hacker experience here?  I'd like maybe some guidelines...'cause I know otherwise I'm gonna spend all my money on commlinks and programs, and leave nothing for everything else.

NotoriusBEN

probably the best crash course for initial gear is to look at the pregenerated hacker in the core book.
it'll give you some direction and if you want to branch out, you at least know what your looking at to decide if you want to scrap certain things for other things.
(it's what I did with my rigger :P)

Paladin

I may be interested since the last SR4 game I was in died and I really wanted to play that character. I shot a PM off to the GM though to see if that character is allowed in.

ReijiTabibito

Okay, something I'm trying to work with here.  According to the 4e 20th Anniversary rulebook, in order to experience AR or VR, you need a simsense module, which, if I read the description right, requires that you have a datajack, a trode net, or implanted commlink.

Am I reading this right?  Is it still impossible to do any sort of hacking without cyberware?

Kunoichi

Well, seeing as a trode net isn't cyberware... ^^;

And the simsense module is only for VR.  For AR, you just need a set of glasses with an image link installed.

ReijiTabibito

Okay...well, hackers generally do both VR and AR, so it just might be easier to get the simsense module and go from there.

Although, having this glasses + image link might be helpful in certain locations...where would I find the price for such a thing?  In the Gear part of the book, I mean - I know it'd be there.

NotoriusBEN

anybody can access AR with the right goggles or cyberware.
VR can also be accessed w/o cyberware via a trode net and simsense module in a commlink -HOWEVER- the best you could do is "cold-sim" it.
Cold-sim is the normal, SAFE access to the matrix that confers no bonus, but you only suffer STUN damage from kill-programs.

HOT-SIM requires a datajack because you have to link your brain directly to the signal. When you hot-sim, you get a +2 bonus to matrix actions because you are moving at the speed of thought.
normally, your telling your hands or trodes what you want to do in the matrix, but in Hot-Sim your directly patched in, you simply think and do it. The draw back to Hot-Sim is the fact that Hot-sim is incredibly addictive (everything is "realer than real" and more intense in hot sim) and kill-programs can now literally fry your skull inside out without protection from Biofeedback filters or a buddy to pull the datajack out of you.

for the glasses, look for AR Goggles and image link

ReijiTabibito

That...sounds pretty much what I'm looking for for my character.  The cold-sim part, I mean.  He's a professional, but he focuses on not taking any unnecessary risks, so I think that at least starting out, he'd stick to AR and cold-sim.  And I've found what I need for the AR stuff...now all I need is a simsense module and trodes, and I should be all set.  Although, maybe...can a datajack do more than just hacking and such?  I might get myself one of those...

Kunoichi

Well, I don't have the Anniversary Edition, but in the basic book, they're right next to the info on Sensors, a few pages after the prices for commlinks.  You could get yourself some glasses or goggles, add in Image Link and maybe a few vision enhancements, and you'd be good to go.

And Ben, you can actually go Hot Sim with just trodes.  No need to get a datajack at all.

Edit: Reiji, datajacks can also be used for accessing chips and certain 'softs.  Like, if you don't know Japanese, but needed to speak it, you could get a good rating Linguasoft to help you out.

ReijiTabibito

Anything else?  Like, could you use a datajack to hack into cameras, or security stations, or things like that?  If you've seen Ghost in the Shell, stuff like that.

Kunoichi

You can already do that wirelessly most of the time, actually.  The datajack just connects your brain directly to your commlink.

If anything, you could say that most people in Ghost in the Shell have implanted commlinks...

NotoriusBEN

yep what Kuno said.

also, yay Ghost in the Shell! That is exactly how I imagine Neo-Japan in Shadowrun... except with more orks and elves ^^;

Kunoichi

And more racism against Orks and Elves.  But yeah, that's how I imagine it, too. ^^

NotoriusBEN

I know it's late for posting character generator programs, but go to

http://daegann.free.fr/programmes/programmes.php

and download "Chargen SR4 2.0" it works with XP (my OS) but it has quite the majority of qualities and gear listed in it.
It's a little hard to work with, but it has about 90% of the gear and options you can pick from ALL the books listed.
Maybe that will help between all the page flipping... (honestly fanpro and catalyst could have done better with keyword and table indexes for their books.)

just extract the zip file with winzip or the equivalent and use the exe program in it. It doesnt install anything, just comes up with the character table.

Chelemar

Im' sorry, but after giving it a lot of consideration, I feel that I must withdraw my character from this game.  I just have been bogged down time wise.  Plus, I don't know the game system well, and you all have quite a good grasp.  i wouldn't want to hold anyone up.

Thanks again for the invite and have a great game. :)

Hugs,

chelemar

Kunoichi

Awww, oh well.  Hope you get unbogged soon, Chelemar.

Behemoth

Hi guys. No word on when the game might start?

On the topic of house sharing, Azrael (my orc character) wouldn't make a few good house mate. Apart from paying rent sporadically and suffering from abusive and often violent outbursts, the fridge would ALWAYS be empty with him around and i think he'd eat out out of house and home. He has a ravenous appetite due to his orcy nature, huge size and Suprathyroid Gland.

Azrael currently lives in a shit-hole third story apartment on the edge of the Miami slums. He sometimes pays rent to the land lord, however he's currently given Azrael the next two months rent-free for taking care of a little 'problem' he had with some local crims. The bodies of the two low-level crooks who were running a protection racket in the area are still hidden under the stairs - luckily no one has noticed the smell as the place already smells like a dump. Azrael still hasn't gotten 'round to taking out the trash :-)

Anyone interested in maybe doing a little in character roleplay by post? Could just be a scene where the team is out one night for drinks, making plans or some such?

Paladin

soo How much is Melnibone on? Hasn't answered my PM yet.

Kunoichi

I'm still waiting on a reply myself.  Presumably he's still busy with those family issues.

Keala Mensha Khaine

Hello all! I would be interested in this game too if you guys hadn't started yet or if there were spots open? Would be nice to break out my old Dwarf or Ork for some good fun!

NotoriusBEN

I dont have a problem with it. We are still waiting on our GM, which Kuno pointed out is still having family issues, so we are just keeping our interest alive and known for when he gets back.

So far, we have:

NotoriusBEN:
Wheelman / Drone Rigger

Kunoichi:
Magician / Face Lady

Behemoth:
Close Quarters Combatant / Intimidator

ReijiTaibado:
working on a Hacker, no character submitted yet

Muse:
working on a Magician, no character submitted yet

Paladin:
interest shown

ReijiTabibito

Just to update your list, BEN.  I noted that the characters have a pair of aspects to them: Wheelman/Rigger; Magician/Face.

For mine, it'd be Hacker/Security Expert.  I've got a lot of free points to spend on Knowledge Skills - at least 27 free ones - so I'll probably be loading up on Security-related skills and such.  Which reminds me...is there Knight Errant and Lone Star in Miami?

Kunoichi

And actually, Reiji, with the right gear, you could be a pretty good infiltration expert, as well. ^^; Hardware and the right tools will get you around quite a few pieces of security, while you can Hack the rest...

ReijiTabibito

Right gear?  Do tell.  I'm listening...

Kunoichi

The Hardware skill is used for 'the creation, repair, and technical manipulation of computers and electronic devices', and maglocks are listed as an acceptable specialty.  Basically, in the 2070s, nearly everything is electronic, including the security.

And thus 'technical manipulation' of electronic security systems, like, say, maglocks, can be done to get them open.  You'd just need a Hardware Tool Kit, which should be listed next to the Fake IDs in the Gear section of the main book.  Add some gear to help with sneaking, and you're set.

Admittedly, most of the security you'd still have to handle by hacking it, (cameras, sensors, etc.,) but since you're primarily a Hacker anyway... ;D

Keala Mensha Khaine

Awesome, I shall dig through my old character sheets or write up a new one. Probably will play my ork who was an Urban Brawler (basically hive ganger...err, sprawl ganger...get mixed up lingo with 40k sometimes!) We only using the main book or we allowed to use stuff from Street Magic & all the others?

Kunoichi

All the others.  I myself have used some spells from Street Magic and some gear from Arsenal.

Check here for a list of roles already filled in.

CrazyIvan

hmm... are you still looking for new people?

NotoriusBEN

I cant say how big of a group Mel wants to run, but I know that it doesnt hurt to submit a character anyways.

oh and Reiji, that chargen 2.0 application has *tons* of generic knowledge skills that fit into the shadowrun universe. I found it odd that Catalyst didnt even give hints on what could count as a knowledge skill, but if your hurting your brain to figure something out, this application definitly helps.

ReijiTabibito

Has anyone heard from Mel?  It seems like he's been quiet for awhile, and if he's not interested in GMing...then I know that I would be, or at least interested in at least finding a new GM.  I've spent a lot of time into making up this character (and money - 75,000 nuyen in electronics and computer programs and rising), and it would be a shame to have to just hold on to him.

NotoriusBEN

well, as much as I hate to duck out on people, I think reiji is right. It's no trouble to make new characters for mel's game when he comes back and Im really itching for a campaign myself.

what does everyone else think?
shouldnt be too hard to convert backgrounds back to seattle, denver, or another runner haunt.

Kunoichi

I could probably create a different character rather easily, all things considered.  Actually, I even have a few spares already made...

ReijiTabibito

Well, before we discuss making new characters, or moving the setting, or anything like that, we need to determine a few things.

1 - Has anyone heard from Mel?  The last time he posted in this thread was nearly three weeks ago.

2 - If Mel isn't going to be the GM, then who will?

Muse

Not I, not only am I booked (and really hoping I haven't lost you in my Exalted game, Reji) I epicly failed an attempt to run Shadowrun on Playbyweb recently. 

AllieCat

Dang. Hopefully there's enough room for more folks :)