News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adventurer

Outstanding game for Germany! Congrats....

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,5758216,00.html

The spirit is back. A new quality of dynamics, playful and ambitious fearless football.....

go for the fourth star!
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Malina

:-\ Spain? ? ? *blinks*

Except of remarkable luck, they don't seem to have very much to offer today. Perhaps in the second half... *hopes*

Phobetor

SPAIN is acting like Argentina damn it! They piss around with the ball and have only had lucky shots. *grumbles* I don't want Paraguay to win! So they better get their asses chewed out during half time and come back and dominate the second half!
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Izu

Good one for the Spain's goalie!

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Izu

Izu

GOoo... what?? ~_~ xD

Izu

Daaaaaamn!! : (
My Xabi did well ;w; Stupid other Spain boys.

Arhys

WOW this is getting crazy...drama!  They're all jacked up now too, should be exciting *grins*

Phobetor

OH MY GOD!

That...was...INSANE!!!!!
But seriously, Villar should have gotten a penalty. He grabbed on to Villa's leg. That was fucked up.
Taking a break from E.

DKPeter

The Germany - Argentina game was unbelievable. I thought Germany would win it, but I never thought they would win it so convincingly.

Introduction
Character O/OsStory O/OsKinks O/Os
Systems • My Stories • My Characters

Izu

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

Beautiful! Beautiful!!!!

Izu

Spain!! Wooot!! Spain x Germany... Gosh... I don't know which team to support... xDD

Phobetor

DAVID VILLA!!!!! Wohoo!!!!!! Go Spain! Go Spain!

But honestly...Germany is gonna kill Spain lol
Taking a break from E.

Remiel

I bet Santa Cruz is going to kick himself tonight...he had the perfect opportunity to pull an equalizer.  ;D

Malina

Chaos - crazy madness - and whooooot! Spain emerges victorious, and deservedly so. To keep your nerves through all that, not bad...  ;D *cheers some more*

Cheka Man

Bye bye Paraguay. I'm glad that Argentina lost as it will piss off Maradona.

Rachubka

In the quarters there were 4 South American teams, 3 European teams, and 1 African team.

Now there are 3 European teams and a South American one. Geez, talk about dominance. Imagine though that Ghana won... that would have been all the South American teams felled in one fell swoop!

Kitsunetsuki

Do you know how hard it is to make a cake and watch soccer? Or deal with a birthday party while the game is on? Yeah...Thank goodness my (ex) father-in-law had the Spain/Paraguay game on...Pin the tail on the donkey, what? Goal?? No goal...Pinata, what? Goal?? No goal...WTF! hahaha...Thankfully, the boys from Spain pulled it off...

Now I find that I will be happy with whoever wins out of the Germany/Spain match...
I realize it's a long shot, but I really hope Uruguay beats Netherlands...I don't think they will, but a girl can dream ;) *knocks on wood*
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

We interrupt this topic to bring you a public service announcement. 

David Villa is a soccer god. 

That is all.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.   ;D
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Phobetor

Quote from: Kit on July 03, 2010, 06:30:33 PM
I realize it's a long shot, but I really hope Uruguay beats Netherlands...I don't think they will, but a girl can dream ;) *knocks on wood*

Supposedly there's talk of keeping Suarez out of the rest of the games because of the stunt he pulled. They say if they make it to the finals, he might miss it. Cause he intentionally (and maliciously or so they say) ruined the Ghana goal that would have for sure sent them to the Quarter Finals.

So we'll see.

Personally? Yeah Netherlands has more chances to win that Uruguay. But as I have learned in this World Cup...ANYTHING is possible.
Taking a break from E.

Ridcully

Quote from: Remiel on July 03, 2010, 03:25:13 PM
I bet Santa Cruz is going to kick himself tonight...he had the perfect opportunity to pull an equalizer.  ;D

That was the good old Bayern Munich Santa Cruz. Thinking he's the Maradona of his generation, but not doing anything to proof it. He'll always be "that talent" who never, ever really made it to world class level. And Bayern Munich can once again say they did everything right when trading him away for 10 Million Euros.

Paraguay beat itself. Very bitter.

Nico

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 03, 2010, 03:24:20 PM
DAVID VILLA!!!!! Wohoo!!!!!! Go Spain! Go Spain!

But honestly...Germany is gonna kill Spain lol

I have to agree! ;D ;D ;D   >:)

As much as I love Villa and Co. We'll kick them out.  ;D

adventurer

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/sports/soccer/04germanygame.html?ref=argentina

"What began as a World Cup of dominance by South America has swung back toward European pre-eminence. A day after Brazil lost its composure against the Netherlands, Argentina was routed by a German team that had more speed, energy, quickness to the ball, inventiveness, insistence on the counterattack, and cohesion and relentlessness on defense"

YES!
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Remiel

QuoteJoachim Löw, his German counterpart, who wore a periwinkle sweater to Maradona’s creased and shiny suit, noticed a cleaving of the Argentine team.

I feel cheated. I haven't seen Löw wear a scarf at all during the games.  Not once.

Ridcully

I think he wore one when we played against Ghana.

Otherwise, the damn Fifa has put us on the afternoon match schedules. I'm sure on Wednesday we'll see one.