Deus Ex 2: Invisible War

Started by Sabby, May 19, 2008, 01:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I was dissapointed when I read peoples reactions to this game. I loved every second of it, though it did have its flaws. Its hard to live up to Deus Ex 1 though, and this is, admittedly, a watered down, straight forward sequel.

I've always been a big lover of conflicting factions (partly why I loved Mercenaries) and Deus Ex 2 just had so many points where I literally had to turn my Xbox off and give my options some thought. I could never really place a definite 'black and white' line, everything operating in shades of gray.

When you do make a decision though, theres a fair amount of ways to accomplish that mission, hacking computers and turning security against your enemies, using covert spy drones to scout out an area, or, if you want to be a little more direct, blow shit up.

I had to take out a crime boss and, since I had strength augmentations, was able to beat the hell out of the guard before he could react, then set a mine at a nearby door. When I finally found the boss, I threw a flash in the room and blinded her and her guard, taking out my Shotgun and blowing them both up against the wall.

The rest of her payed muscle came storming in and two were blown sky high by my mine. The rest were easy enough with my flamethrower, which worked well since they were bunched together in a small hallway.

There was a few different ways I could have done that, like setting up a poisonous barrel on top of my mine so that the guards would have gagged to death, but in the four or so times I've played this I always found a different approach and a lot of the choices I made had very different outcomes.