Justice League Reborn (Reboot)

Started by Jarod1, March 30, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristen

Sorry for lagging so far behind everyone. Work makes me... a weird creature on here at best sometimes heh. I have to apologize in advance for my primitive knowledge of Darkseid's minions, I wasn't sure if they were susceptible to certain things or vulnerable to others, I promise to look into it, but I also just wanted to throw in an opening post for Ivy just incase. If I'm wrong about anything I've assumed (I've treated google like a friend for the last 5 minutes) about these minions the... (parademons?). Anyone can feel free to let me know.

By the way, awesome start to the story you guys.

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Deathnote

It just occurred to me.  Aquaman would've taken the Trident of Poseidon into battle against Darkseid.  Someone's going to have to have been there during his last moments to retrieve the trident to give to Tempest.  Any takers?  :p

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 10:23:22 PM
It just occurred to me.  Aquaman would've taken the Trident of Poseidon into battle against Darkseid.  Someone's going to have to have been there during his last moments to retrieve the trident to give to Tempest.  Any takers?  :p

Vixen could. She can mimic a fishy and get it to Garth.

Deathnote

Thanks, but there's no need to mimic a fishy.  Garth will be on land soon enough.  :p

Jarod1

Morning all, got things kicked off for the day.  I will be working this afternoon but until then I'm free.

Strifesblaze7

I think Tim will jump at the chance to be Nightwing or something like him... With Bruce gone wearing the R relegates him to a sidekick roll even when he has to become his own hero.

Jarod1

I would agree to that, and you are more than welcome to jump on it if you would like.

Strifesblaze7

He might have to modify the suit a bit. Keep the red instead of blue to remind him of being Robin.

Jarod1

Thats cool by me. 

You know though I am kinda wishing I had done this story a little different.  With a different lead character.  I've been a huge fan of the series Arrow, and seeing how bad ass Slade is kinda wish I had picked him.  Oh well though, I don't have any regrets.

Kristen

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 03, 2014, 03:13:56 PM
Thats cool by me. 

You know though I am kinda wishing I had done this story a little different.  With a different lead character.  I've been a huge fan of the series Arrow, and seeing how bad ass Slade is kinda wish I had picked himOh well though, I don't have any regrets.

Red + Red = Blue! You might not want to have any regrets, but both presented thoughts represent at least a partial regret  ^-^

*smirks*

Is here a good place to ask if a parademon is a kind of creature with the same internal structure that might be susceptible to the spores if they're infected with them? Or are Parademons aliens that just look like human structures but have completely different biologies? Google is flooding me with different versions haha. I'm guessing Ivy wouldn't be able to hypnotize a Parademon with her spores to get any kind of loyalty out of it?

*shrugs*

- Kristen -

Jarod1

I don't know about controlling them, but I'm sure her plants would be more than able to damage them. 

Strifesblaze7

Kristen

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 03, 2014, 03:54:27 PM
I don't know about controlling them, but I'm sure her plants would be more than able to damage them.

Hehe... yeah I concluded my post with her garden trying to swallow up and drug the parademon much the same way it goes about treating the human body but I don't feel qualified to write a follow-up post about what would happen to the creature if she tried to control it hehe. I mean, I assume these creatures aren't so strange and alien that they're unbeatable, all the pictures I see show them sort of being a mass invasion force that are often fought off by strong heroes and active characters one swarming unit at a time haha.

Playing Poison Ivy if she was doing this to any other human it would be easy to write out their response to her mind control. A parademon... I'm curious. Whether it would be controlled on a much less 'efficient' level ... (like doing what it was told, but exhibiting headaches or roughly delaying every command etc...) or whether it would simply die from the exposure to spores would have an entirely different result, causing it to strain or die as a result... heh. It's weird not being able to tell exactly what 'should' happen and it's more dangerous for me to assume that she 'can' hypnotize one because that sets a tone for the rest of the RP if she can hypnotize a parademon similar to how she might another human.

Killing one I don't seem to mind so much, it doesn't really impact the RP to such an extent because I'm sure they'll be dying left right and center when everyone gets to fighting haha. Since she's curious and watching with amusement as she tries to turn this first one though, knowing what the possible results would be allow me to continue hah. If she can turn a parademon it might shift a few possibilities for her down the road. If she can't turn a parademon or if turning one is really inappropriate for the story, I'll simply have the toxins react violently to the exposure to the new 'body system' which results in illness or death rather than a successful turning.

I'm open to whatever. And at any point I welcome a PM if my lack of understanding for this particular character detail bogs down the story. I don't want to slow down the RP or have anyone feeling like I am just not keeping up enough. This is a great story and I'm sure it'll be some fun but I have no desire to have a negative impact on it hehe.

- Kristen -

Kristen

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 03, 2014, 03:58:28 PM
Slade is a badass. Though I missed last nights episode

I feel like I should try to watch Arrow and yet, I'm currently addicted to Vikings hehe. I googled Slade and found the actor playing (him? I guess?) in that series also played Crixus in the Spartacus series (Starz). Turns out they took another actress from that show as well to play one of the arrow-carriers hehe.

- Kristen -

Rave

Quote from: Kristen on April 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
I feel like I should try to watch Arrow and yet, I'm currently addicted to Vikings hehe. I googled Slade and found the actor playing (him? I guess?) in that series also played Crixus in the Spartacus series (Starz). Turns out they took another actress from that show as well to play one of the arrow-carriers hehe.

- Kristen -

I was also very pleasently surprised to see Crixus playing Slate :P I've been keeping up with Arrow, and they even had a recent Barry Allen cameo on there.

Strifesblaze7

They are supposed to be trying to hire the guy that played Barry to do a flash series as well.

Deathnote

There's also a Wonder Woman TV Series that's supposed to be set in the universe that's currently stuck in development.  She may or may not be making a cameo in Arrow sooner or later.

mia h

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 03, 2014, 11:34:54 PM
They are supposed to be trying to hire the guy that played Barry to do a flash series as well.
There a little bit passed trying, they finished filming the pilot this week
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Strifesblaze7

All admittedly I hadnt kept up with it but from what I had seen they were having trouble getting him to sign. Of course I haven't looked in a while.

assleigh

The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Kristen

I was wondering about that as well. I may have to withdraw given what's happening with work momentarily. If I have to do it it's probably best to do it now before Ivy becomes intricately involved in anything heh!

- Kristen -

mia h

Well it does look  like we're 3 or 4 down already
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Strifesblaze7

VoluptuousVixen