Tale of Elemental Doom [Magic the Gathering, INTCHK]

Started by Alliance, June 21, 2013, 12:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

This is going to be a small group RP, maybe three others including myself. I may accept a fourth depending on how others feel about it. With that said spots and interest will be first come first serve. And maybe in the future I may make other open recruitment spots.

Tale of Elemental Doom

You're a Planeswalker. One who is able to cross through different planes. All though there is the Planeswalker of old, new planes, and new dimensions have come to past. As well as a new threat. Truthfully, all Planeswalkers are merely summoners who use the aided service of creatures designed and created by them or by others that they have stolen from.

Something anew has come to this world and has brought itself attention to this world and those that inhabit the many planes of this world. It appeared without warning, swiftly through the void of the night. A darkness that whispers of forlorn warnings. But that doesn't mean that the Planeswalkers themselves are all interested in this threat. There are those who hunt their brethren, while the planes around them are beginning to corrupt, corrode, and rot. A pollution, a sickness of the planes. That is slowly beginning to crawl through each dimension.

The Game

This RP is based off of the Magic Gathering world. Now this RP will allow you access to making your own Pathfinder. From there you will design your abilities of said Planeswalker.

The RP is set in my own story, instead of something that has already happened within the world. Already made Planeswalkers are off limits, but they do exist in this world and may come in and out as NPCs from time to time.

The game itself is about a new evil that has come to the planes, slowly destroying and polluting the planes. This However, doesn't mean that the story is completely about stopping this evil from happening. As you know Planeswalker are fickle folk, some will work together, while others may try to harm each other.

It's a story of chaos, evil, and battle.

The way the battles will work, is each of you will choose a mana color, you will also write down your creatures. Instead of using cards, we'll just use Planewalkers as summoners for the sake of RP. The creatures you summon will keep their card abilities, you're just summoning them instead for the RP sake.

duchess85

Darth Vader was amazed to discover that when Fett said "As you wish" what he meant was... "I love you."

Ons & Offs ~ FList ~ Request Thread ~ Absences & Apologies

Siereis

Fun idea, but I do have some logistical type questions:

1.  Given that we summon our creatures to fight for us, any peference for how we rp them out? Just direct control by the summoned?
2.   Were you imagining this would be highly free roam or something much more plot heavy and scripted events?
3.   Given that this is in the adult section, roughly where do you see this being characterized according to such content? What sort of content can we expect to encounter along those lines?
4. Will you be another player, just the dm, or both?

Alliance

Quote from: Siereis on June 21, 2013, 12:49:57 PM
Fun idea, but I do have some logistical type questions:

1.  Given that we summon our creatures to fight for us, any peference for how we rp them out? Just direct control by the summoned?
2.   Were you imagining this would be highly free roam or something much more plot heavy and scripted events?
3.   Given that this is in the adult section, roughly where do you see this being characterized according to such content? What sort of content can we expect to encounter along those lines?
4. Will you be another player, just the dm, or both?

1. I haven't exactly worked that out. I'm starting to realize the way I do want it run, may work a lot like Pokemon. In the card game creatures have 2/1 toughness. But either I would have to dice rolls, which I wouldn't prefer. So it may be a free form battle thing.

2. It's mostly free form. It will have a few scripted events sprinkled from in and out. But inaction does cause reaction. And just because the members are off fighting each other, doesn't mean the icky part is going to go away.

3. It's not going to be to heavy on content. Mostly graphic fantasy violence. And maybe some sexy time. I mean even in the Lore of Magic the Gathering. We know there were relationships developed through the Planeswalkers.

4. I will be both.

@Duchess: Okay you have your spot