Problem saving pictures.

Started by Remy, May 13, 2012, 01:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remy

Firstly, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area and would ask a Moderator move it to the correct place if needed. Thank you.

My issue might come from my own ineptness with my laptop.  I'm running windows  7 and use Google chrome, but for the last while when I use my photobucket account, and load a picture from my lappy there for resizing and then want to save the resized picture back to my laptop to load here as an av or on one of my rp threads,  it saves as the circular google chrome logo in my pictures file, and when I click on it it opens up back on the photobucket page where the picture is stored also.

I'm sorry if this makes little sense.. :-(

When I save to my pc the resized picture I have two options . One to save as '' Webpage, HTML only''..or  ''Webpage complete''.  It's got me absolutely baffled, as I've used photobucket for years and saved anything I wanted..renaming pictures..then using them with no bother. Now my picture file is full of that little yellow green and red google chrome logo.

I've obviously hit something and not realized it.  If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful. 

Lord Drake

You are saving the whole webpage instead than the picture. You need to save the image and not the webpage.

Did you try left clicking on the resized image and seeing if it allows you to "save image"?
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Beguile's Mistress

I'm not sure how to solve the problem you're having as I don't use that method.  I save my pictures on my photobucket account and then load them for avatars from there.

Remy

Quote from: Lord Drake on May 13, 2012, 02:17:50 PM
You are saving the whole webpage instead than the picture. You need to save the image and not the webpage.

Did you try left clicking on the resized image and seeing if it allows you to "save image"?

Yes sir...and the above is what happens..My picture file pops up and I get to name the picture or leave it..and under that is another bar with the two above mentioned choices.  I've no problem saving pictures browsing on the net,..just after I resize them and go to resize that copy. 

Remy

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 13, 2012, 02:19:37 PM
I'm not sure how to solve the problem you're having as I don't use that method.  I save my pictures on my photobucket account and then load them for avatars from there.

Straight from photobucket?  Really? I've never tried that actually.  Talk about a ''Duh'' moment.  Thank you.