Is there any way to...

Started by HymenBreacher, March 23, 2009, 11:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HymenBreacher

Is there any way to make Internet Explorer give a beep when we get a new PM?  I guess I'm spoiled by MSN, Yahoo, mIRC etc.

Thanks in advance.

Oniya

Since the E screen doesn't dynamically refresh, I think the best option would be to have notifications sent to your MSN account (that can be set up in your profile) and let your MSN client do the beeping.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Oniya on March 23, 2009, 11:37:37 AM
Since the E screen doesn't dynamically refresh, I think the best option would be to have notifications sent to your MSN account (that can be set up in your profile) and let your MSN client do the beeping.

Thanks.  I might wind up with too much email spam that way, but its an option.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Oniya

I don't think it's necessary to publish the MSN address on the site (as contact info), so that would cut down on the possible spammers.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Oniya on March 23, 2009, 11:45:34 AM
I don't think it's necessary to publish the MSN address on the site (as contact info), so that would cut down on the possible spammers.

No I wasn't referring to E players as spammers hehe.  I meant the sheer number of PM's I get turned into indiividual email would be too much of a spam.  The beep is the only thing I want, but if this is the only way...I may have to decide whether it is worth it.

Oniya

I thought you were worried about automated Email harvesters, to tell the truth. XD

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Oniya on March 23, 2009, 12:10:54 PM
I thought you were worried about automated Email harvesters, to tell the truth. XD

I guess now I am.  lol  I didn't even consider that.

Vekseid

Unapproved members can't see contact details

Oniya

There you go - word from the man with the plan.  It seems so long since I was unapproved, and I never thought to check at the time whether the little contact icons had the same link text that they do now that I am approved.

(EDIT)
Logged out to check - those little icons aren't even there XD  Learn something new every day!

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Vekseid on March 23, 2009, 01:07:38 PM
Unapproved members can't see contact details

Thats good to know.  Thanks!