Period Western - Interest Check

Started by Chrystal, March 22, 2012, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Hi Fedora.

Please see my previous post. By all means play two characters, although I'd prefer it if the other one was one of the "Range-folk". So far we don't have a real priest, just the offer of a bad guy disguised as one.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Oneiros

My main character I wanted was definitely 'range folk', so that works. The priest I had in mind was genuine, so if no one ha a problem with me making a 'real' priest, I'll write up a sheet for him too. Almost done with my 'main' but I don't have a picture. I might have to draw one, I'm very picky.

Chrystal

Looking forward to seeing your pic...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Oneiros

Player Name: Fedora

I'm still trying to track down a picture. In the meantime: Eddie is about 5'3", slender and slight, but wiry and having some muscles, a bit stronger than he looks. His face is smooth with a sprinkling of freckles, and a (rather serious looking) scar on his neck, which he keeps covered with a bandana. His eyes are light brown, clear and vibrant, and his hair is a sandy blonde and cut short out of his face. He wears a button shirt, leather vest, jeans and when he intends to be riding, chaps and spurs.

Name: "Edward" (Brigit Lefevre)

Nickname: Eddie, Ed, "Slick"
Age: 22 (looks like he's about 16 since he can't grow facial hair)
Sexuality: Primarily gynosexual (attracted to women), mildly bisexual

Occupation: Gambler, Drifter (he picks up odd jobs when he stays in a town), also has some metal smithing experience.

Home: Eddie is from out of town. He drifted in a few weeks ago and is making himself at home in the area, at least temporarily. He does not talk about his life before he blew into town, and anyone asking about it will be met with a gruff 'none of your damned business'.

Weapons: 1877 Colt Thunderer .41cal, 1873 Winchester rifle

Draw Speed: 0.5 seconds (for the colt)
Accuracy: 30 yards aimed (colt), 7 yards drawn
100 yards rifle

Equipment: hunting knife, hip flash (full of bourbon or whiskey), cigar case, sulphur matches. In his saddle bags he has an assortment of clothes, camping supplies, rope, and such.

Horse: 5-year old bay gelding he calls 'Philippe'

Likes: cigars, gambling, saloon girls, bourbon, getting drunk, fighting
Dislikes: When people call him a girl, cheaters, sore losers, liars
Fears: Someone finding out he was born a woman, being cornered, "going home".
Goals: None in particular. He's having fun right now. He intends to perhaps head further west.

Personality:  Eddie smokes like a train and drinks like a fish, it's rare to see him without a cigar in his mouth or a glass in his hand. He gambles all the time and is usually able to use his apparent youth to his advantage, able to bluff people by way of pretending he doesn't know what he's doing. Even if he can't bluff them, however, he's pretty skilled, and his poker prowess is funding his traveling.

He cusses a blue streak and his voice is a bit rough from smoking, but sounds like a typical teenager's voice. He has a bit of a lewd personality and he frequently hits on saloon girls. Most of them seem to find it amusing because he looks so young, but he does occasionally offend them and get a slap to the face. He's usually not deterred however.

He can be a nice, fun guy to be around unless you piss him off, in which case the fists will start flying. He's small, but he's scrappy and his lack of strength is made up for with his spirit. He brushes off injuries pretty quickly as long as they're not too serious, and even if they ARE serious, he tends to try and insist he's fine (even if he clearly isn't). He refuses to see doctors, period. If he's conscious he will fight it.

Though he has a thing for prostitutes, said prostitutes may be a bit confused as to why he doesn't undress. He always keeps his shirt and pants on, and never has anything resembling 'conventional' sex with them. He's pretty talented with his hands and mouth however, and is probably well-liked among them for this reason.

Of course, being a biological woman is the reason for this. His body is not especially feminine, being fairly boyish, with small hips and small shoulders, and his small breasts are always flattened down with a roll of bandages.

History: Eddie does not talk about his past beyond a couple of years ago. As such, he never tells anyone where he is from, why he's on the road, or even his last name. The furthest back he goes is maybe three years, when he mentions having gotten mugged "back home". He doesn't go into detail, but says he 'took care of it'.

The only real clue about his past is the fact that he seems to speak some French. He's not fluent, and he doesn't have a French accent, but he gets by, and his cursing is sprinkled with words like "merde" and "fils de pute", and his horse had the distinctly French name of 'Philippe'.

O/Os:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71589.msg3134938

Oneiros

Huh. This character is pretty similar to another, which I hadn't really noticed since I skimmed the sheets kinda fast. I've had this character for ages (been drawing him/writing about him solo for almost ten years now) and was excited to play him since I haven't gotten the chance to, but if he's too similar I can just make up a sheet for my other idea and just play him. I am still fond of my priest character too.

Chrystal

Heh. Actually, you were supposed to PM the character to me for approval first.

But other than a spelling mistake or two, I quite like him/her. Actually there is a significant difference between your character and mine. Yours is a trans-gender, mine is a lesbian. Yours wants to be a man, mine doesn't, she just dresses as a man to get what she wants.

I have no problem with approving the character. There are enough differences that they won't be confused for each other. Although I'm beginning to wonder at the number of women-dressed-as-men who are descending on the town. Must be some sort of convention... *snigger*

Oneiros

I figured since this was just an interest-check thread and not an official character thread I could throw it up in here for input on it, but next time I'll pm. I did notice a spelling error or two so I'll get around to fixing them.

That said! Are you sure? I felt there was a fair amount they had in common aside from a few obvious differences, and I really would be okay just playing a different character, Eddie can go 'back in the box' so to speak.

And: women dressing up like men back then really did happen more often than one would think, women had very few rights, so if they weren't content to do the very, very few jobs they had available to them, dressing up like a man was their only choice. There was a woman from around my part of the country back in the 1890s who dressed like a man and cut her hair short so she could study to be a doctor. She went on to become a writer.

Le Immortelle

Lmao, a crossdressers convention indeed. Any and everybody invited to Gator's Crossing for some good ol' dress-up fun! XD

And love that character Fedora!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Come for the prostitutes, stay for always being surprised at what someone else is packing. ;D
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Oneiros

Haha! We need a mtf prostitute now. ^^

Chrystal

Quote from: Fedora on March 29, 2012, 03:34:20 PM
I figured since this was just an interest-check thread and not an official character thread I could throw it up in here for input on it, but next time I'll pm. I did notice a spelling error or two so I'll get around to fixing them.

That said! Are you sure? I felt there was a fair amount they had in common aside from a few obvious differences, and I really would be okay just playing a different character, Eddie can go 'back in the box' so to speak.

And: women dressing up like men back then really did happen more often than one would think, women had very few rights, so if they weren't content to do the very, very few jobs they had available to them, dressing up like a man was their only choice. There was a woman from around my part of the country back in the 1890s who dressed like a man and cut her hair short so she could study to be a doctor. She went on to become a writer.

If you want to fix the typos you can, or you can leave it to me to do. I will be posting all approved characters to a new thread I'll be opening in the next day or two.

Important: I post them myself so that I can strike out any who vanish prior to getting GM privilidge (which so far I haven't managed).

Yes I'm sure and if Amazon approves then I actually have no choice, as she is the D to whom I always S... *chuckle*

And I am well aware of the history of women dressing as men. In fact it went on long before the founding of the USA. Shakespeare wrote several comedies based upon the theme and the film "Shakespeare In Love" is based around a supposed "real life" occurrence of the same thing where a woman dresses as a man in order to get to be an actor who then dresses up as a woman character who dresses as a man... Confused? You will be!

Calamity Jane is actually one case of a woman who dressed as a man in order to succeed in a mans world, however according to legend, Doris Day Musicals and foul mouthed HBO dramas, Calam was actually straight and married Wild Bill Hickock. So cross dressing was not necessarily a sign of homosexuality back then, just a sign of a desire not to be a virtual slave!

SugarAndSpice

Hey Chrystal I'm working on my second character will PM him to you asap

Chrystal

Cool..

AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD..............................

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=136082.0

OOC thread is up.

PLEASE POST THERE TO INDICATE YOUR CONTINUED INTEREST?

NileGoddess

I will have to withdraw my initial interest Chrystal, sorry.

But I still have all those sexy Indian/Cowgirl pictures, so if you have need of them, you could use them. Just let me know.

Chrystal

Okay NG.

Sorry this wasn't what you expected.

Maybe we can do a one-on-one some-time with your sexy Indian...?

*hugs*

Tad

I'd be interested in joining in, if you don't already have too many women.  Maybe playing the only daughter in the family that owns the stable?
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Chrystal

Sorry, did someone say "too many" in conjunction with the word "Women"? Oxymoron......

Tad, honey, you are always welcome.

Chrystal

Still recruiting....

I would like all interested parties with approved characters to please post to the OOC thread (linked in the opening post), because if you don't I have no idea who is still in...

Just editing this to add: I am removing myself from play in this. I shall be GM-ing only. The game will (I hope) be a true sandbox, with me providing sufficient NPCs for the players to interact with, and a decent pulp-Western plot as a back-drop to keep the action going.

JackWhite

How's the interest going Chrystal, got any more characters in you mailbox?

We could use some though

Chrystal

I've got one more...  Tad has sent me hers.

We could still use a few more players, but I'm going to kick things off with those we have.

Chrystal

Character thread is up and all confirmed characters are posted (along with some NPCs).

Please continue to submit character profiles to me for approval.

summoner2183

Chrystal

Got it, thanks.

Character is approved with those two small amendments I mentioned.

PigPin

Sent an Pm about interest in the Blacksmith position.  I have to write up my guy first.