Re: Shadowrun Interest check. (No longer accepting chars.)

Started by Gary Stargazer, March 19, 2012, 04:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Stargazer

You slowly make your way down the wet streets of one of the less ‘successful’ parts of the city. The rain hasn’t stopped for several days, but at the very least it helps keep the stink of the area at bay. You attempt to keep a low profile as you move down the sidewalk, both your hands rest in the pockets of your armored trench coat.

Your fingertips brushed along the grip of your guns hidden deep in your pockets. They were a beauty too, not fragging cheap by any means but they always got you through the flak and dreck that Seattle loved to throw your way.

Rounding the corner into a dark alley your eyes adjust straight away to the darkness, tinting your vision with a faint huge of green. You scan around the space between the two buildings, seeing three figures standing next to an exit door.

‘You’re running a bit late tonight.’ One of the figures voices rings into your ears though his lips don’t move. The short stalky man moves to the door, running his fingertips over the mag lock while speaking to you again. ‘This is old dreck, shouldn’t be a problem to bypass.’

“I just hope we can get in and out of this place without all hell breaking loose like last time.” The only member of your group that actually physically has spoken chimes in. She leans against the wall next to the door, a small silenced pistol in her hand.

‘You really should invest in some head wear.’ The stalky dwarf grumbled as he tinkered with the mag lock on the door.

“And you should invest in a brain. Coyote doesn’t like her shaman shoving a bunch of tech into their meat.” The young woman growled out the words in a hushed tone into the comm device near her right ear.

‘Enough!’ the final member of your group chimed in with a commanding bark of his virtual voice. ‘I’m getting paid to get in and get that package out, not listen to you two bicker like fragging kids!’ By far he was the largest and most imposing figure, he stood close to seven foot and had two small tusks jutting out from the bottom of his mouth.

In his hand was his old friend, an allegiance shotgun. He always kept it loaded with slug rounds because buck shot would just bounce off the dermal plating of your typical rent a cop. His right arm that wielded the gun was obviously not human, it was a mechanical looking and the metal was jet black to help conceal it within the sleeve of his coat.

Noticing you staring the large orc dropped his gaze to you. ‘Yo, I hope you’re ready for this, if wiz kid there blows it and the alarm goes off, we are rushing in there. I’ve got too many bills to pay this month to blow this job now.’

Almost as if on cue to the orc’s statement a vid window popped open into the corner of your vision. It flashed red and read the words. ‘Alarm Triggered.’

‘For frag sakes!’ The orc shoves the stalky dwarf out of the way and planted a hard kick into the door, it seemed to not budge at first but then a loud clap sound was hear as the hydraulics on his legs kicked in and the large steel door smashed open, slamming onto the ground with a massive dent in the center of it.

Cocking back his shot gun he looks to you and then to the shaman. ‘Radio silence, we get in, we get the dreck, and we get out. Hopefully Wiz kid here can have our route secure since he can’t seem to open a slogging door!’

You draw both your hand guns, your smart link immediately kicks into action, you can feel the neuron limiters turn off as your wired reflexes take effect. Faster than seems humanly possible you spring into the newly opened doorway. Your eyes darting around for any signs of movement  as your two companions file in behind you.

Your enhanced eyes pick up movement, without hesitation you draw your guns upward and fire several shots into the corporate suit as he tumbles to the ground, his Uzi scattering to the floor next to him as a pool of blood began to spread onto the floor.

Moments later half a dozen more guards were on you, the three of you backed up against one another, your weapons drawn as you readied to fight off the group. You felt arcane energy fill your body as your sense grew sharper, obviously the shaman was doing her voodoo again.

Aiming one gun each at two separate suits as they trained their rifles on you, you gave a knowing smirk. It was just another day at the office for you, and you weren’t going home without your creds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So do I have your interest with my crappy little story I threw together together up there? >:3

If you're new to shadowrun then obviously the story above can easily set the mood. Think of it like D&D meets cyberpunk. Essentially it takes place in our world but in an alternate reality future where magic resurfaced and all hell broke loose because of it. There are demons, dragons, elves, orcs. It's very much a hybrid of your typical fantasy game mixed with lots of science fiction and cyber punk.

Shadowrunners are the not so fortunate members of a society that has gone to the corporate dogs. Everything has it's checks and balances and these people for various reasons have fallen through the cracks of that. They may be criminals or they may be just be unlucky bastards who got a bum wrap in life. Perhaps they are vigilantes out to try to right a wrong a corp did to them. Regardless Shadowrunners do the jobs that corporations want done on the down low. They are deniable assets but in the end they are just people trying to make a living, even if they have to run in the shadows to do it.

Now IF you are interested let me say a few things right here and now. I have NEVER ran a forum based game before so I will be rusty at it, I only run shadowrun in r/l. Even then it's been about two years since I've played it, so I will need to get back into it.

That being said if you're genuinely interested in this idea then let me know, I will throw something together in the next week or so, all I ask is that you try to post at least once a day. If you go inactive for more than a day or two I can and I WILL auto pilot your char to move things along.

I also should point out that unlike D&D and pathfinder most people have not played this system, however don't be intimidated, I will try my best to teach anyone that plays the bare minimum to play, just enough to get your rolls done, after all it's about the RP not the system, am I right?

Well just let me know something. >:3
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

Ignis

*Hurries up and scribbles a reply without reading anything.*

Um ya... I am interested. Give me a day or two to finish some other stuff up and I will find some way to post up a character sheet or something. I dont know how I am going to focus on getting anything else done without leafing through the books though.

If you dont have access to any of the books let me know.

Gary Stargazer

Take your time, I'm two years rusty, gonna take time to plan and learn the system again.

Ignis

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 19, 2012, 05:08:32 PM
Take your time.

Time, TIME? WHAT TIME?

I have to hurry up and get done with other stuff so I can make a character and get my spot saved. Its Shadowrun. I also have to refresh myself on the combat because the closest I have ever been to running a game was reading the books and trying to twist arms to get people to make characters. :P

Callie Del Noire

I've always wanted to play a SURGE victim of some sort. :D

grovercjuk

Never actually played it but have read a lot of fiction set in it.
Is it a complex system?

Muse

Waii!  *pounce!* 

Shadowrun isn't a difficult system, but the large numbers of options sure do make it seem that way! 

I'd like to play a mage type? Perhaps someone a little bit oversexed?  Say, an elven or surge altered human gal whose spells make people hesitate as they orgasam, put them to sleep, or mess mess with their heads to get what we need for missions? 

A tamer character is a somewhat shy mage girl who is coming into her own.  She wears steam punk armored clothing chic and has a sort of tessla/steam punk theme to her spells.  (Lightning bolts fired from tessla coils, a pocket watch she uses to plant post hypnotic suggestions.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Are we doing 4th or 3rd ed?  And if we are doing either, are there special creation rules in place, or are we doing standard build rules?

And if we're doing 4th, are we using the Cinematic rule set?

Callie Del Noire

Well with Herolab around.. I can make up a character like Johnny Mnenomic. (Data Courier)

QuoteMenomic Courier (Human)
B 3, A 4/3, R 4/3, S 2, C 3, I 4, L 4, W 4, E 3, Ess 4.9, Init 8/7, IP 1
Condition Monitor boxes (Physical/Stun): 10/10
Novatech Airwave Commlink Condition Monitor: 10
Armor (Ballistic/Impact): 9/11
Skills: Athletics Group 3, Cracking Group 2, Dodge 3, Electronics Group 3, Etiquette 3, Negotiation 2 (Sense Motive +2), Pilot Ground Craft 1 (Bike +2), Stealth Group 3
Knowledge Skills: Computer Background 4, Corporate Security Procedures 4, Courier Routes 3, Data Havens 5, English N, Japanese 4, Spanish 4
Qualities: Addiction (Mild): Stimulants, Blandness, Erased (Weekly)
Cyberware:
   Cybereyes (2) with Eye Recording Unit, Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Protective Covers, Smartlink
   Data Lock with Encrypt (4)
   Datajack
   Skillwires (2)
   Smuggling Compartment
Gear:
   Activesoft: Blades (2)
   Activesoft: Pistols (2)
   Datachip x4
   Identity: Specify Name with DocWagon Basic Contract, Fake SIN (4), Low Lifestyle
   Linguasoft: Chinese (2)
   Linguasoft: French (2)
   Linguasoft: German (2)
   Mapsoft: Seatle (3)
   Nanopaste Container, Face & Hands x2
   Novatech Airwave Commlink with Analyze (3), Basic+ Suite, Browse (3), Command (1), Edit (3), Novatech Navi Operating System, Sim Module
   Suzuki Mirage
   Urban Explorer Jumpsuit
   Urban Explorer Jumpsuit Helmet
   White Noise Generator (4)
Weapons:
   Hammerli 620S [Pistols, DV 4P vs. B, SA, RC 1, 6 (c)] with Gas-Vent 1 System, Regular Ammo x60, Smartgun System, Internal
   Attack of Will (vs. Spirits) [DV 3P vs. I]
   Unarmed Strike [Unarmed, DV 1S vs. I]

Gary Stargazer

Rawr! You guys hurt my brain, making me think of stuff I haven't thought about in a few years. What was I thinking?! *goes back to studying rule books.*

By the way is that from the hero lab demo or the full retail? not that I have 30 bucks to throw at it. >>

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 19, 2012, 06:46:05 PM
Rawr! You guys hurt my brain, making me think of stuff I haven't thought about in a few years. What was I thinking?! *goes back to studying rule books.*

Muhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Let's handle this one question at a time, friend.  3rd ed Shadowrun or 4th?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 19, 2012, 06:46:05 PM

By the way is that from the hero lab demo or the full retail? not that I have 30 bucks to throw at it. >>

It's from a full version (I transferred my windows licenses to the mac beta.. I got the base & splat books)

Gary Stargazer

OK I do know it's gonna be 4th, cuz I'm using an optimized 4th core book in r/l as well.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  Now, are we using the standard build for 4th ed (400 BP)?  Or are we doing something different?

Gary Stargazer

Not going to lie, I would prefer to keep this as vanilla as possible for my own sanity as well. so 400 BP would probably be the best choice. Once I get back into the swing of things I might be able to expand out the options.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  Last question, though I'll understand if this one takes some time.  Cinematic gameplay rules - basically allows for more awesome stuff on the part of the characters.  They're found on page 69 in the standard SR4 Corebook, and on page 75 of the 20th Anniversary book.

Gary Stargazer

Cinematic actually looks like it would make it kind of fun, lets go with that.

Marie Reynolds

I'd love to throw my hat into this game

Blinkin

I haven't played this in years, butn if there's space, I would like to throw my hat in.

Now, question... I do not have any of the books anyloner and I remember next to nothing about character generation... so... anyone got a book on PDF I can borrow or willing to help me get the basics again back into my worn memory again?

I think the last time I played it was under 3rd edition... so anyway. lol

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 19, 2012, 07:34:53 PM
Cinematic actually looks like it would make it kind of fun, lets go with that.

Sweet!  ^_^  Alright, I'm in.

Now, to start asking other people questions...what is everyone interested in playing?  I've got a number of character options I'd like to try out...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 19, 2012, 07:40:20 PM
Sweet!  ^_^  Alright, I'm in.

Now, to start asking other people questions...what is everyone interested in playing?  I've got a number of character options I'd like to try out...

Thinking either a courier or salish scout come to the city.

Gary Stargazer

If someone needs a PDF of the core book I can pass that along on yahoo or something, as to char sheets i don't know of a site that hosts online SR sheets.

Blinkin

*starts paging through his "Net For REAL idiots.." Ummm... yahoo... ummm... Sendspace? lol

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Marie Reynolds

Id love to give you that reji but I'll give you an idea of what I'm playing tomorrow when I'm off duty and can get to my laptop

RubySlippers

I played this at cons but only pre-made characters but did find a copy of the core rules, might give her a shot if anyone can help do the character.

Muse

I can help with character building over Yahoo, but we can't go using E to arrange file sharing. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:  Alana Malory
Metatype:  Human
Height: 5'
Weigth:
Bust: B
Skin: Pink
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue

3   Agility
3   Body
3   Reaction
2   Strength

4   Charisma
4   Intuition
4   Logic
5   Willpower

7   Initiative
1   Passes
8   Astral Initiative
3   Passes
7   Matrix Initiative
2   Passes

4   Edge
4   Magic

Negative Qualities: 
Day Job (Librarian)
Dependent (Roomate)
In Debt:  Owes the Yakuza 22,500
Lost Loved One
SINer

Posotive Qualities: 
College Education
Magican

2   Arcana
3   Assensing
1   Astral Combat
2   Data Search
1   Dodge
1   Melee: Blades
1   Perception

3   Conjuring
4   Socery

5   History
5   Literature
4   Ecenomics
4   Biology
4   Chemistry

3   Languege: Mandarin
2   Languege: Latin
2   Languege: Greek
3   Languege: Japanese

Contacts:
2/2   Fixer
2/2   Hibiki (Grabby yakuza lieutenant.) 

Spells:
Combat:
Lightning Bolt (Fetish: Tesla Coil)

Detection: 
Combat Sense

Health: 
Heal
Increase Reflexes
Stabalize

Illusion: 
Hot Potato

Manipulation:
Influence (Fetish: Pocket Watch)

Resources
Novatech Airware with Iris Orb (3,3,3,3)
--Analyze 3, Brouse 3, Comand 1, Edit 3,

Reality Filter 3
Disposable Com LinkX2
--AR Gloves
--Printer
--SIM Module
--Skinlink
--Subvocal Microphone
--Trodes
--Ear Buds
--Glasses III
----Low Light
----Flare Compensiation
----Image Link

--Data Chips
--Tag Eraser
--5 RIDF Tags
--5 RIDF Security Tags
--5 RIDF Stealth Tags

Fake SIN IV: Coleen Duncan
Fake SIN II: Miranda Chaeny
FAke SIN II: Serena Stienspring

Fetishes
Sustaining Focus III: Detection Spells
Weapon Focus II: Rapier (Concealed Sheath,

Custom Grip)

Spirit Binding Materials:
--Air III
--Earth III
--Fire III
--Man IIIX2

Grapple Gun
Light Stick
Seatle Mapsoft V
White Noise Generator V

Armor (7/7):  Steampunk Line Blouse, Corset,

Petticoats, Overcoat, and Skirt. 
(1/0):  Dressing Gown

Attacks: 
Weapon Focus II Rapier
--Armor Piercing -1
--Attack: 9
--Damage 3L
--Reach 1

Health
-0  ( )( )-1( )( )( )-2( )( )( )-3 ( )( )

Stun ( )( )-1( )( )( )-2( )( )( )-3( )( )( )

The Old Kiesling House: 10,000 a month.  2

Months Prepaid. 
Middle Comforts
Middle Entertainment
Middle Nessecities
Middle Neighborhood
Middle Security
--Aspected Domain
--Homegrown Farming
--Perfect Roomate
--Work Place
--AI In Residence
--Green Plan
Force 6 Magical Lodge
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Actually I have the rulebook and the hero lab demo character creator I just need some things covered. How much combat skills would I need if I was a clear street healer sort I mean a its clear to any of the five species and cultures she is a healer - are they normally at risk of being attacked? Its kind of important since if I do my planned character a backwater type living in the city trained as a healer she won't use any modern tech at all, her medicine will be more country doctor mixed with using magic to heal not fancy gadgets. So I plan no tech implants or much in the way of tech save a phone to let people contact her that need healing and little in the way of magic. But will have some concealable armor and a gun and maybe a sword she will not be opposed to self-defense just avoids killing. So won't be a combat master. But well if that is not likely to work if the common thug doesn't respect docs.

Blinkin

Ok, anyone know where I can get the free quick start book for 4.0? I see it all over the web, but no "download" option. *sighs* and I'm having trouble with yahoo messenger. Talking about a bad day!

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

AndyZ

I'm also capable of helping out if anyone needs it.  Ideally Skype, but I have AIM, Yahoo, MSN and Googletalk on my desktop.

I'd have to really think on a character.  I'm tempted to reuse my drone rigger named Smiley, but that wouldn't be a very sexual character since most of his time would be spent outside the meat.  Although I may be able to retweak the concept some...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

I'm going with a mundane, magic is too confusing so going with a street doc.

CmdrRenegade

I'm interested. Will have a character up soon.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

ReijiTabibito

I will, too.  I may be pitching my own street doc character to the group, but we'll see if I need to change it.  I don't plan on it, though.

RubySlippers

Okay I'm lost with another street doc on what to play, no use doubling up. I might go online and look for a pre-constructed base character and go with that making some changes.

Gary Stargazer

As far as sexual goes I will tell you guys I will most likely have a separate thread for the sexy time. There can still be plenty of flirting and such in the main thread, but when it comes to the nitty girrty sexy time I figure better to keep it separate so it doesn't bog down the game.

I'm happy so many people are interested and I won't put a cap on who can play right now, but I will remind everyone to look at my first post. It will be a week or so before I get something started up, I'm having to re-study all this and I'm about 2 years rusty from it.  So keep that in mind.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 20, 2012, 01:19:53 PM
Okay I'm lost with another street doc on what to play, no use doubling up. I might go online and look for a pre-constructed base character and go with that making some changes.

I'm confused.  Did you mean you didn't know what to do to build up a street doc character, or are you ditching the idea because you don't want to double up?  I've got other characters that I can play, I've just wanted to give this one a spin.

RubySlippers

I can come up with something else I have a few ideas, I'm just trying to figure some things out. I'm trying to find some easy way to work my ideas into a workable character like I said I never built a Shadowrun character before.

ReijiTabibito

Well, if you want to, suggest your ideas here, I'm sure the folks with more system familiarity will be willing to help you out...

Blinkin

Well.. I think I'm up shit creek on character generation... Yahoo isn't working and it's the only messenger that I have. I was thinking a street sam just to keep things simple for me, but unless i find a pre-generated someplace, no way to create the damned thing.

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2012, 01:40:28 PM
Well, if you want to, suggest your ideas here, I'm sure the folks with more system familiarity will be willing to help you out...

Yeah.. Reiji is helping me build Akiko.. former corporate 'Face' adept/SURGE Victim. :D

AndyZ

Here's some of the usual archetypes:

Mage
Adept
Face
Drone Rigger/Driver
Hacker/Technomancer
Street Samurai

If people who pick an archetype can list that as taken, I think it'd help everyone.

Ruby, I think you might like a Street Samurai, someone who's been wired up to the gills with various robotic and animal parts and makes a fantastic warrior.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blinkin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 20, 2012, 01:50:33 PM
Yeah.. Reiji is helping me build Akiko.. former corporate 'Face' adept/SURGE Victim. :D

Ok then... I would like someone to create a street samerai for me, male, human and generally a guy who has perhaps a little too much of an eye for the ladies.

I can say that I would like cyber eyes with all of the bells and whistles (including smarklink), wired reflexes and muscle replacements... as for what else... surprise me.

Weapons that I'm interested in are"
katana
Knife
Ares Predator
Ingram

And some sort of bike.

I wouldn't want him just a combat junkie, so a few non-active skills (Negociation and Soiux language maybe?)

Plenty of ammo, mixed bag if possible and finally, don't forget the fixer as a contact... maybe a street doc. (This is al from memory of 3rd. lol)

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

My 'social' adept. :D Honeypot/Face for a corporate 'Johnson' now 'let go'.

Akiko Tan (Human Adept)
Stats
Nationality: Japanese (Horizon Citizen) Sex: Female Age: 23
Height: 5' 5" Weight: 125  Hair: White Eyes: Full on black, Red Iris
Cash on hand:2,000 nuyen

B 2, A 3, R 3/5, S 2, C 5, I 4, L 4, W 5, E 2, Ess 6, M 6, Init 7/9, IP 1/2
Condition Monitor boxes (Physical/Stun): 9/11
Hermes Ikon Commlink Condition Monitor: 10
Armor (Ballistic/Impact): 2/2+ (armor)
Skills: Dodge 1, Infiltration 2, Influence Group 4, Perception 5, Pilot Ground Craft 2, Pistols 3 (Revolvers +2), Shadowing 2, Unarmed Combat 2
Knowledge Skills: Chinese 3, Corporate Law 3, Corporate Policy 3, Corporate Security 3, Corporate Who's Who 3, English N, Fine Cuisine 3, Japanese 3, Spanish 3
Qualities: Addiction (Mild): Alcohol, BTL; Adept, Allergy, Uncommon (Mild): Silver, First Impression, Sensitive System, SINner, Surge Level II: (Balance Receptor, Balance Tail, Extravagant Eyes, Keen-Eared (+1 to hearing Tests), Low-Light Vision, Unusual Hair)
Adept Powers: Commanding Voice (13 dicepool vs. Willpower + Leadership), Enhanced Perception (4), Improved Ability (2): Con, Improved Ability (2): Leadership, Improved Ability (2): Negotiation, Improved Physical Attribute (1): Reaction, Improved Reflexes (1), Kinesics (2)

Gear:
Matrix Gear: Hermes Ikon Commlink with Analyze (4), Anti-Tamper Circuits (3), Browse (4), Command (2), Edit (4), Empathy (2), Facial Recognition (2), Lie Detection (2), Linguasoft: Arabic (2), French (2), German (2), Greek (2), Hopi (2), Korean (2), Latin (2), Russian (2), Sperethiel (2); Noise Analysis (2), Novatech Navi Operating System, Pro User Suite, Sim Module, Modified for Hot Sim, Skinlink
AR Gear: AR Gloves w/ Skinlink, Earbuds (3) with Skinlink,Glasses (4) w/ Camera (3), Flare Compensation, Image Link
Other Programs: Agent (4, w/ Analyze: 4, Browse:4, Command: 2, Track:4; Firewall: 8, Pilot: 8, Response:4; Init: 8/3, Matrix:12),
Tutorsoft: Arabic (2), French (2, Latin (2), Sioux (2), Speretheil (2);Datasoft: Corporate Execs (3)
Identities Fake: Akiko Tan: DocWagon Platinum (12) Fake License: Concealed Carry (3), Fake SIN (4), Middle Lifestyle (6)
    Real SIN: Jasmine Wallace
Armor/Clothing:
  Berwick Outfit: Blouse/Shirt, Skirt/Trousers, Suit Jacket (5/3)
  Bike Racing Helmet w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link (+1/+2)
  Executive Suite Outfit: Long Jacket, Plain Blouse/Shirt, Skirt/Trousers (6/2)
  Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit (6/2) w/ST Forearm & Shin guards, Arm & Leg casings (7/5)
  Street Style clothing
Vehicles
Horizon Doble Revolution: B:6 S: 2 H:+3; FW:3 P:2 R:3 S:3; V. Armor: +6/6, Accel 12/25 Speed:120
Gear: Anti-theft (2), Complete Skinlink, Gyro-Stablization, Smart Tires
Other
Medkit (6)
Tag Eraser
Weapons:
Colt Asp w/Quick-Draw Holster: [Pistols, DV 4P vs. B, SA, 6 (cy)] with Regular Ammo x30, Speed Loader, Stick-n-Shock x30
Ruger Super Warhawk w/Concealable Holster:[Pistols, DV 6P vs. B-2, SS, 6 (cy)] with Regular Ammo x60, Smartgun System, Internal, Speed Loader, Stick-n-Shock x60
Attack of Will (vs. Spirits):[DV 5P vs. I]
Hardliner Gloves: [Unarmed, DV 2P vs. I]
Unarmed Strike:[Unarmed, DV 1S vs. I]

Background: A former 'asset' for a Mr. Johnson working for Horizon, she remembers little of her life before staring work for 'Johnson', in her case one Jeffery Bianchi, as a 'social asset' and honeypot. Her personality and outlook was re-sequenced and her memories 'blurred' to better make her fit into any situation. The combination of her conditioning and adept powers makes her a flexible speaking and negotiator that Bianchi kept to himself. Her SURGE changes made her even more 'specialized'.

Clip: Akiko rolled over in bed, sighing as she took in the hotel room as she plucked her shades from the bedside table. She blinked as the AR overlay came. A small cartoon cat looked over at her, curled up on her bed as she stood up and stretched. Her tail flicking out to keep her balanced out as she worked through the morning routine that kept her limber. She looked over at the 'cat'

"Morning Neko.. how about getting off your duff and getting my feeds?" She asked as she continued through her kata. Already a quick memo popped up showing her bank balance, dwindling. With her boss' .. explosive departure from Horizon, she'd had to use a cut out ID to keep from being tied to him. Of course Horizon had sanitized her old ID, it still existed, but was completely broke as Horizon seized her assets, apartment, car and such. If she'd been as trusting as he was, odds are she'd have been in the office when it blew up. She hadn't been, so she had been conferencing with him over the matrix when his office blew up.

"Nya!" The agent program yelled before vanishing into the matrix with a pop. Soon enough her new feeds were coming in. Corporate news, entertainment feeds, tagged corporate execs activities, a few 'staying in touch' to men and women she'd met on assignment, and so on. She checked her secure emails to see if there were any 'jobs' up. It had suprised her how much a 'face' was needed in the shadows.

ReijiTabibito

Looks good, Callie.  Only one comment I have about it - for SURGE Level II, you get 20 BP of Positive Qualities, but you've only got 15 in the Package.  Pick another one.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2012, 05:56:33 PM
Looks good, Callie.  Only one comment I have about it - for SURGE Level II, you get 20 BP of Positive Qualities, but you've only got 15 in the Package.  Pick another one.

added Balance receptor to the mix.. ('cat like balance'.)

Blinkin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 20, 2012, 05:51:37 PM
My 'social' adept. :D Honeypot/Face for a corporate 'Johnson' now 'let go'.

Akiko Tan (Human Adept)
B 2, A 3, R 3/5, S 2, C 5, I 4, L 4, W f5, E 2, Ess 6, M 6, Init 7/9, IP 1/2
Condition Monitor boxes (Physical/Stun): 9/11
Hermes Ikon Commlink Condition Monitor: 10
Armor (Ballistic/Impact): 2/2+ (armor)
Skills: Dodge 1, Infiltration 2, Influence Group 4, Perception 5, Pilot Ground Craft 2, Pistols 3 (Revolvers +2), Shadowing 2, Unarmed Combat 2
Knowledge Skills: Chinese 3, Corporate Law 3, Corporate Policy 3, Corporate Security 3, Corporate Who's Who 3, English N, Fine Cuisine 3, Japanese 3, Spanish 3
Qualities: Addiction (Mild): Alcohol, BTL; Adept, Allergy, Uncommon (Mild): Silver, First Impression, Sensitive System, SINner, Surge Level II: (Balance Receptor, Balance Tail, Extravagant Eyes, Keen-Eared (+1 to hearing Tests), Low-Light Vision, Unusual Hair)
Adept Powers: Commanding Voice (13 dicepool vs. Willpower + Leadership), Enhanced Perception (4), Improved Ability (2): Con, Improved Ability (2): Leadership, Improved Ability (2): Negotiation, Improved Physical Attribute (1): Reaction, Improved Reflexes (1), Kinesics (2)

Gear:
Matrix Gear: Hermes Ikon Commlink with Analyze (4), Anti-Tamper Circuits (3), Browse (4), Command (2), Edit (4), Empathy (2), Facial Recognition (2), Lie Detection (2), Linguasoft: Arabic (2), Linguasoft: French (2), Linguasoft: German (2), Linguasoft: Greek (2), Linguasoft: Hopi (2), Linguasoft: Korean (2), Linguasoft: Latin (2), Linguasoft: Russian (2), Linguasoft: Sperethiel (2), Noise Analysis (2), Novatech Navi Operating System, Pro User Suite, Sim Module, Modified for Hot Sim, Skinlink
AR Gear: AR Gloves w/ Skinlink, Earbuds (3) with Skinlink,Glasses (4) w/ Camera (3), Flare Compensation, Image Link
Other Programs: Agent (4, w/ Analyze: 4, Browse:4, Command: 2, Track:4; Firewall: 8, Pilot: 8, Response:4; Init: 8/3, Matrix:12),
Tutorsoft: Arabic (2), French (2, Latin (2), Sioux (2), Speretheil (2);Datasoft: Corporate Execs (3)
Identities Fake: Akiko Tan: DocWagon Platinum (12) Fake License: Concealed Carry (3), Fake SIN (4), Middle Lifestyle (6)
    Real SIN: Jasmine Wallace
Armor/Clothing:
  Berwick Outfit: Blouse/Shirt, Skirt/Trousers, Suit Jacket (5/3)
  Bike Racing Helmet w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link (+1/+2)
  Executive Suite Outfit: Long Jacket, Plain Blouse/Shirt, Skirt/Trousers (6/2)
  Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit (6/2) w/ST Forearm & Shin guards, Arm & Leg casings (7/5)
  Street Style clothing
Vehicles
Horizon Doble Revolution: B:6 S: 2 H:+3; FW:3 P:2 R:3 S:3; V. Armor: +6/6, Accel 12/25 Speed:120
Gear: Anti-theft (2), Complete Skinlink, Gyro-Stablization, Smart Tires
Other
Medkit (6)
Tag Eraser
Weapons:
Colt Asp w/Quick-Draw Holster: [Pistols, DV 4P vs. B, SA, 6 (cy)] with Regular Ammo x30, Speed Loader, Stick-n-Shock x30
Ruger Super Warhawk w/Concealable Holster:[Pistols, DV 6P vs. B-2, SS, 6 (cy)] with Regular Ammo x60, Smartgun System, Internal, Speed Loader, Stick-n-Shock x60
Attack of Will (vs. Spirits):[DV 5P vs. I]
Hardliner Gloves: [Unarmed, DV 2P vs. I]
Unarmed Strike:[Unarmed, DV 1S vs. I]

Background: A former 'asset' for a Mr. Johnson working for Horizon, she remembers little of her life before staring work for 'Johnson', in her case one Jeffery Bianchi, as a 'social asset' and honeypot. Her personality and outlook was re-sequenced and her memories 'blurred' to better make her fit into any situation. The combination of her conditioning and adept powers makes her a flexible speaking and negotiator that Bianchi kept to himself. Her SURGE changes made her even more 'specialized'.

Clip: Akiko rolled over in bed, sighing as she took in the hotel room as she plucked her shades from the bedside table. She blinked as the AR overlay came. A small cartoon cat looked over at her, curled up on her bed as she stood up and stretched. Her tail flicking out to keep her balanced out as she worked through the morning routine that kept her limber. She looked over at the 'cat'

"Morning Neko.. how about getting off your duff and getting my feeds?" She asked as she continued through her kata. Already a quick memo popped up showing her bank balance, dwindling. With her boss' .. explosive departure from Horizon, she'd had to use a cut out ID to keep from being tied to him. Of course Horizon had sanitized her old ID, it still existed, but was completely broke as Horizon seized her assets, apartment, car and such. If she'd been as trusting as he was, odds are she'd have been in the office when it blew up. She hadn't been, so she had been conferencing with him over the matrix when his office blew up.

"Nya!" The agent program yelled before vanishing into the matrix with a pop. Soon enough her new feeds were coming in. Corporate news, entertainment feeds, tagged corporate execs activities, a few 'staying in touch' to men and women she'd met on assignment, and so on. She checked her secure emails to see if there were any 'jobs' up. It had suprised her how much a 'face' was *Whistles* Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty... I could get to enjoy a tail. lol

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

RubySlippers

Callie Del Noire

I just hope Stargazer likes her. :D

Muse

I'm trying to help Blinkin out over E-mail.  He bounced a mercenary concept off of me. 

ReijiTabibito

Actually, Callie, Blinkin got his post caught up in the quote.  Read the last two lines of the quoted post.  I'm pretty sure you didn't write those.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2012, 08:18:20 PM
Actually, Callie, Blinkin got his post caught up in the quote.  Read the last two lines of the quoted post.  I'm pretty sure you didn't write those.

Ah.. I see...

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on March 20, 2012, 07:18:22 PM
  I'm trying to help Blinkin out over E-mail.  He bounced a mercenary concept off of me.

And I'm grateful for the help. I downloaded the quickstart and it was pretty much useless for character generation. I did change my mind to a street samerai because it seemed a little more straightforward.

Now... I'm starting to think that I'm not meant to play shadowrun. I played it for about 6 months years ago and haven't been able to find anyone who even wants to think about it since... and I'm driving myself knuts trying to figure out the generation system. *chuckles*

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on March 20, 2012, 08:36:20 PM
And I'm grateful for the help. I downloaded the quickstart and it was pretty much useless for character generation. I did change my mind to a street samerai because it seemed a little more straightforward.

Now... I'm starting to think that I'm not meant to play shadowrun. I played it for about 6 months years ago and haven't been able to find anyone who even wants to think about it since... and I'm driving myself knuts trying to figure out the generation system. *chuckles*

Blinkin

What's the problem you're having..the mechanics have changed a little from 3 to 4. :D

Ignis

While I am working on finishing up and slowly formatting everything I just wanted to say that I am working on a hacker char. Anyone have a problem with that?

ReijiTabibito

Nope.  I think what we have so far are a Face, a Street Doc, a merc, and a Street Sam.  We're missing a hacker.

Ignis

Exactly why I went that route. That and I love computers and electronics (even though they dont always listen to me).

Callie Del Noire

ReijiTabibito

I think Muse is working on a Mage.

Ignis

I just wanted to make sure no one else started on one while I am working my way through the wireless world chapter.

Also I found this site and it might be helpfull. http://pavao.org/shadowrun/cheatsheets/

Callie Del Noire

I figure a couple dozen karma points down the line Akiko will start being a scary martial artist as well. :D

Gary Stargazer

How is it I'm running this when you guys seem to know so much more than me? >>

Ignis

lol I dont know nothing. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Other than stuff I found online when trying to find a place to host character sheets (we could all do them in the excel doc and upload to google docs btw) I dont know much. I know more about the setting and some general stuff than I do anything else.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ignis on March 20, 2012, 09:12:59 PM
lol I dont know nothing. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Other than stuff I found online when trying to find a place to host character sheets (we could all do them in the excel doc and upload to google docs btw) I dont know much. I know more about the setting and some general stuff than I do anything else.

I cheat.. I use hero lab to do the number crunching. And Reiji helped to polish her up. Then all I had to do was touch up the text output out of Herolab.

RubySlippers

Hacker, well I seem to have issues with the game when it comes to all the rules for building a cybersort although I get the how to do things with them rules building them is a bitch. Mind you I wouldn't mind having a cyber interface and a high end portable computer to jack into and raise hell not to mention enjoy all the cool fun stuff with them.

Just not sure what to do to build one though.

I know someone just make me one, no biggy a human and naturally tech savey. For one quality I want an addiction to being jacked into the system maybe not real bad but enough to be ,well, not right when not jacked in. A sleep regulator would be a good thing in the bioware. And leave the Knowledges alone and stick any extra BP's into that.

Contacts one high level one her boss maybe a crime figure that likes her could be her father or relative, a blogger and a few others.

Lets give her the flaw Pacifist at +5 BPs this way we can avoid wasting time on combat skills save dodge her arena of battle will not be physical but in the cyberrealm. Yes you may add armor and any bioware to make her harder to hurt there is a subdermal skin armor that would work maxed out with an armored jacket for defense. I could use a taser weapon and it should be easy to permit so maybe that just in case with pistols and the specialty for it.

Well who can create that with a program and post it I can fill in the details, PM me here if you need anything.

Character name will be: Fāng Tao
(chinese american)

Hacker Name: Mǐn Mǐn
(means quick, clever as a name with one Mǐn so she is doubly so ...  ;D )

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 20, 2012, 09:10:25 PM
How is it I'm running this when you guys seem to know so much more than me? >>

Because I study a system extensively in my spare times for days on end, noting prices and costs and the rules and so on and so forth.  I can't memorize all the rules per se, but I remember enough about the rules that I've studied that I develop a list of tricks and combos for almost every character type that I can use, as well as a general list of guidelines for all characters.

RubySlippers

GEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!  Aren't we all though.  :-*

AndyZ

CmdrRenegade

If there's a role to left to fill or a role needs a second, I can take that.  I'm new to Shadowrun but have wanted to try it for a long time.  I picked up the 20th Anniversary Edition awhile ago and have been itching to use it. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

ReijiTabibito

Gary, question for the GM.  If a Positive Quality gives bonuses to a skill a character doesn't have, then do they technically have that skill?

Example: The Quality Analytical Mind gives +2 dice to all Software and Data Search tests.  Does that mean that my character has Data Search 2 for purposes of whether or not the character has to default on a Data Search test?

Muse

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 21, 2012, 12:32:23 AM
Gary, question for the GM.  If a Positive Quality gives bonuses to a skill a character doesn't have, then do they technically have that skill?

Example: The Quality Analytical Mind gives +2 dice to all Software and Data Search tests.  Does that mean that my character has Data Search 2 for purposes of whether or not the character has to default on a Data Search test?

Or would those +2s be limited by the same limits to an augmented skill? 

Ignis

I think the only role we have left to fill at this point is the mage/wizard/shaman/ect.

Muse

Yo! 

Mage here. 

<--points to my spoiler text on the last page. 

Second one done. 

Muse

Ignis, may I sugest: 

A rigger? 

A driver? 

A meat shield sort?  (Troll or dwarf whom we squishy sorts can hide behind?) 

A cat burglar sort? 

Ignis

lol shows how much I read the other characters so far. :P

I noticed RubySlippers wanted to be a hacker so I am working on a driver of sorts with to many guns. Actually more of a cat burglar sort I guess.

Muse

AndyZ

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 21, 2012, 12:32:23 AM

I'm not the GM, but when we played this game before, you'd still have to pay the Default penalty of -1 if you didn't actually have the skill.  Of course, the +2 would mitigate that.

Do we have a rigger right now?  I was thinking that, but if someone else is looking at it, I can keep pondering.

RubySlippers

Not unless someone makes most of the character framework I really don't get the rules for magic or tech I tried but just its too much. Unless I can do a hacker with no implants or tech in them?  ???

Anyway I will keep this simple a human, no role I'm going to assume right now minimal magic and or tech in her and if the latter it was to correct a medical issue not to make her into a weapon and focus on raw attributes, skills and tech that is easy to just buy. Likely no planned role in fact assume she will be almost anything when over that is not teched to high heaven or loaded with magic powers, I'm not going to stress out she will be what she turns out to be.

Muse

*smiles* 

Ruby, you don't have to have your com link implanted.  Your girl can carry it around and interface with the net directly using 'trodes'.  For less intensive operations she can use ordinary gloves, glasses/contacts, and earbuds. 

RubySlippers

I'm just thinking of her safety, it would be easy to get an energency cut off program to avoid a bad counter if she was not attached to the computer grid.

But that makes it easy.

I'm going to have a daughter of a crime syndicate goodfella type who they helped with medical treatment including boneweaving and some needed basic tech, passive. In return for that she works for the organization and the big boss as a hacker, paid for her work at least but until she pays back the debt she is on the hook and they made sure the implanted tech was not cheap. But they took care of an obligation to save face with their people if they don't take care of the families of members in good standing its bad.

So there will be some tech in her just for roleplaying more and to make her harder to kill, they wanted to protect their pretty and very capable new asset.

But skills and all should be simple and I get the computer tech on its own, she just needs a hellishly good set-up. By the way if she is good enough can she make her own Sins for free, based I assume on her range forging has to be a big part of her work she has to do.

AndyZ

Ruby, here's what I'm going to suggest for you: a physical adept.  A physical adept is someone who has magic, but rather than casting spells, is able to channel that energy through their bodies to do amazing things.

All you have to do is pay 5BP for the Adept quality, then buy the Magic attribute in the same way that you buy the other attributes like Body and Strength.

You then have a number of Power Points equal to your Magic Attribute, and you can buy the powers listed on pages 195 through 197 of the 20th Anniversary core, and 174 through 180 of Street Magic if you have that book.

I imagine you only have the core, so I'll recommend taking Magic 3, taking Improved Reflexes 2 and Kinesics 2.  That'll make you faster than most people and able to do more stuff in combat, and give you more social talents to be able to be more persuasive and intimidating when you want to be.

Edit: Physical Adepts don't work very well if you have implanted tech, though.  So if you have that, you don't want to be an adept.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AndyZ on March 21, 2012, 12:26:35 PM
Ruby, here's what I'm going to suggest for you: a physical adept.  A physical adept is someone who has magic, but rather than casting spells, is able to channel that energy through their bodies to do amazing things.

All you have to do is pay 5BP for the Adept quality, then buy the Magic attribute in the same way that you buy the other attributes like Body and Strength.

You then have a number of Power Points equal to your Magic Attribute, and you can buy the powers listed on pages 195 through 197 of the 20th Anniversary core, and 174 through 180 of Street Magic if you have that book.

I imagine you only have the core, so I'll recommend taking Magic 3, taking Improved Reflexes 2 and Kinesics 2.  That'll make you faster than most people and able to do more stuff in combat, and give you more social talents to be able to be more persuasive and intimidating when you want to be.

Edit: Physical Adepts don't work very well if you have implanted tech, though.  So if you have that, you don't want to be an adept.

That is what Akiko is.. an Adept. Most of her stuff is focused around social skills. The fun point about Kinestics is two adepts and communicate solely by body language if they both have it. There are ALL sorts of things an Adept can do.  You can be a Samurai type.. gun or swords, you can be a sneak theif or you could be the social predator that Akiko is and far more.

Or it you wannt to mix and match.. you can be a magician adept.. limited magical talents.. and adept powers.

AndyZ

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 21, 2012, 12:34:19 PM
That is what Akiko is.. an Adept. Most of her stuff is focused around social skills. The fun point about Kinestics is two adepts and communicate solely by body language if they both have it. There are ALL sorts of things an Adept can do.  You can be a Samurai type.. gun or swords, you can be a sneak theif or you could be the social predator that Akiko is and far more.

Or it you wannt to mix and match.. you can be a magician adept.. limited magical talents.. and adept powers.

Sorry, didn't realize there was already an adept.  I withdraw my suggestion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AndyZ on March 21, 2012, 12:35:50 PM
Sorry, didn't realize there was already an adept.  I withdraw my suggestion.

Hey.. if you can help her do it.. a technomancer would make an AMAZING forger.. Show her how to build a forger, device hacker.

Gary Stargazer

To be fair if Akiko is mostly focused on social and Ruby wants to adept at mostly a physical build, I don't see a problem with having two adepts in the party. They are two different creatures at that point anyway, one is basically a social type and the other is a front line type.

One of my party members in the game I ran a few years ago played a martial arts driven adept and he could seriously mess things up at close range.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 21, 2012, 12:47:49 PM
To be fair if Akiko is mostly focused on social and Ruby wants to adept at mostly a physical build, I don't see a problem with having two adepts in the party. They are two different creatures at that point anyway, one is basically a social type and the other is a front line type.

One of my party members in the game I ran a few years ago played a martial arts driven adept and he could seriously mess things up at close range.

One of my original shadowrun characters (SR 1st edition) was a physical adept called Ronin.. played him for five years. A combat orientated phys ad is a SCARY being and they only get worse with time. Ronin killed more people than cancer it seemed. :D Swords and hand to hand.

AndyZ

I can try.  Right now I'm working on a rigger (both drones and vehicles, so we have a driver)

Ruby, do you have any messenger program screen names you want to give me so that I can help you out without spamming this?

RubySlippers

I have a hacker coming along she works for a Italian Don(ette) of the Mafia a made woman and handles money and informational work as in hacking. But is disabled pretty bad but is a mean as hell cybertech sort not sure what if anything to implant in but she is not a warrior hell walking will be an issue her boneweave was just to keep her skeleton from deteriorating of a chronic disease. But on the Matrix she is very good and a professional forger you need documents or credstix or a new ID she likely can help.

I have 50 BPs left so am mulling over final purchases.

I did buy Dodge but she is not fighter likely she will set-up in a safe location to back up the team when possible. Anyway anyone pisses her off she has ways to get them other than combat in most cases just need to be creative. >:)

AndyZ

I'm working on a rigger, but in my experience in 4e, there's a decent number of folks who either just stay in the car or remain in a safe location.

Do we have any trolls, by the way?  I'll need to alter the vehicle for trolls if we do, so if so, let me know.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 21, 2012, 01:39:33 PM
I have a hacker coming along she works for a Italian Don(ette) of the Mafia a made woman and handles money and informational work as in hacking. But is disabled pretty bad but is a mean as hell cybertech sort not sure what if anything to implant in but she is not a warrior hell walking will be an issue her boneweave was just to keep her skeleton from deteriorating of a chronic disease. But on the Matrix she is very good and a professional forger you need documents or credstix or a new ID she likely can help.

I have 50 BPs left so am mulling over final purchases.

I did buy Dodge but she is not fighter likely she will set-up in a safe location to back up the team when possible. Anyway anyone pisses her off she has ways to get them other than combat in most cases just need to be creative. >:)

A suggestion might be to buy a few false IDs, forged credsticks, or 'tools' if you don't have them already. :D You could also get a desktop fabricator if you got the nuyen. :D That way when you get the skills to build other things later you can program it too build parts.

AndyZ

Okay, minor question for a rule that I forget.  If I have three of the same type of drone, and I want the Clearsight 4 Autosoft, how many times do I have to purchase it?  Is it only once or for all three?  If only once, do I only need it once per each type of drone or just once period?

Edit:  Never mind.  The example has it only purchased once despite multiple types of drones, so that answers that.

Blinkin

Ok, finally working on the street sam. Thank you very much for the help!

Just a teaser (And may yet change)

Name: William "Billy" Bennett
Physical Description:
Billy is the kind of guy that seems to just draw the girls with his crooked, rogueish smile, bright blue eyes and thick, slightly curly dark hair. A wel muscled form that stops short of looking like he actually works at it. A fair skinned complexion tells of his European blood while his accent is pure Seattle. Although he appears to be a good nautred and easy going guy, there is always an aire of contained energy just under the surface; a spring begging to be released with a dangerous, violent eruption.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Okay does this sound okay for medical corrective enhancements?

Titanum Bone Weave 1
Muscle Replacement 1
Reaction Enhancers 1
Orthoskin 1
Pain Editor
Sleep Regulator

My idea is the cyber enhancements were to correct a bone degeneration and nerve damage, the orthoskin to support the frame and the editor is for pain from her illness and sleep regulator to help her rest better when she does get sleep. I will add some other things but does this look okay for the base work done?

Callie Del Noire

Might want to talk to the GM.. I think, unless he changes the rules, you're restricted by an availability rating of 12 or lower

AndyZ

I strongly suggest either Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters.  More initiative passes can be great.

As far as Availability 12, though, there's a merit in Runner's Companion called Restricted Gear where you can get a single piece of equipment of up to Availability 20.

Edit: changed "point" to "piece" to provide better clarity.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AndyZ on March 21, 2012, 02:58:44 PM
I strongly suggest either Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters.  More initiative passes can be great.

As far as Availability 12, though, there's a merit in Runner's Companion called Restricted Gear where you can get a single point of equipment of up to Availability 20.

For ONE time per purchase of the merit.. up to 3 times.

AndyZ

Thanks ^_^ That's what I meant by single point, but I should have said single piece of gear per purchase of the merit.

Callie Del Noire

Don't get me wrong.. it you're needing ONE item for a concept. (like my old Skillchipper idea from 2E) it works. Just be careful how often you do it. BP is pretty limited. :D

AndyZ

Oh yeah.  I took it because Response caps System, and System caps all program ratings and you can't get Response 6 without it.

As we all know, there's never enough points.

Ruby, rereading your stuff, if you're just doing a hacker, you'll want to consider Simsense Booster from Augmentation.  Pages 36 and 37, it gives you an extra initiative pass whenever in VR, whether hot or cold.

RubySlippers

Downloading the companion now to check it out for ideas.

AndyZ

You'll also want to buy the PDF for Unwired, and possibly Arsenal.  Unwired has an awful lot of useful info and mechanics for hackers, and is chock full of fun ideas.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AndyZ on March 21, 2012, 03:46:40 PM
You'll also want to buy the PDF for Unwired, and possibly Arsenal.  Unwired has an awful lot of useful info and mechanics for hackers, and is chock full of fun ideas.

None of the supplments (aside from Street Magic) are tightly focused on one type of character concept. I definitely like Augment and Arsenal. (custom guns are fun!)

Blinkin

Ok.. Thank you Muse for the help with the Street Sam. And for all to view, here's Billy.

I will just need someone to explain some of the cyberware to to me. The sim stuff basically.

Name: William "Billy" Bennett
Physical Description:  Billy is the kind of guy that seems to just draw the girls with his crooked, rogueish smile, bright blue eyes and thick, slightly curly dark hair. A well muscled form that stops short of looking like he actually works at it. A fair skinned complexion tells of his European blood while his accent is pure Seattle. Although he appears to be a good natured and easy going guy, there is always an air of contained energy just under the surface; a spring begging to be released with a dangerous, violent eruption.

4(6)   Agility
4   Body   
5(8)   Reaction
4(6)   Strength

3   Charisma
2   Logic
3   Intuition
3   Willpower

6   Edge
1.7   Essence

11(3)   Initiative (Passes)
7(3)   Matrix Initiative (Passes)

Negative Qualities:
-5   Incompetent: Survival
-5   Mild Addiction: Stimulants
-5   Poor Self Control I, Compulsive Weapons Cleaning
-5   Poor Self Control I, Thrillseeker
-10    Records on File (Aztechnowlegy)
-5   SINer

Positive Qualities: 
5  Restricted Gear (Rank II Move BY Wire System) 

Contacts: 
3/3   (Name up to GM)/Fixer
2/2   (Name up to GM)/Street Doc
2/2   (Name up to GM)/?? (Open to suggestions)

Skills:  36
2   Armorer
1   Data Search
2(+2)   Dodge
2   First Aid
2(+2)   Perception
1   Pilot Ground Craft

Skill Groups: 90
1   Athletics:  Climbing, Gymnastics, Running, Swimming
3   Close combat:  Blades, Clubs, Unarmed Combat
4   Firearms:  Pistols, Rifles, Submachine guns. 
1   Influence: Con, Etiquette, Leadership, Negotiations
1   Stealth:  Disguise, Infiltration, Palming, Shadowing

Knowledge Skills: 
3   Aztechnowlegy
3   Language: Japanese
3   Language: Sioux
3   Language: Spanish
3   Security Procedures

Remaining NY for Equipment:  5,385

Bioware Augmentations (.8 Essence Cost/2): 
--Muscle Augmentation II
--Muscle Toner II

Cyberware Augmentations:
  Move-by-Wire System II (3): Move-by-wire-systems are the cutting-edge in motion control and reaction augmentation.  They operate by putting the user's body in a constant state of seizure, so that it wishes to move in all directions simultaneously.  An implanted expert system monitors the seizure and counteracts its effects until the user wishes to act.  At that point, it channels the effects of the seizure along the desired path of motion, enabling the user to act with amazing speed and move with unnatural smoothness.  The move-by-wire-system is based on similar systems used in aircraft, drone, and vehicle control and has proven to be highly effective-if sometimes debilitating to biological subjects.  Move-by-wire users frequently suffer from slight, but uncontrollable, muscle tremors in certain muscle groups when they are at rest, mostly due to errors in the system's seizure compensation. 
The move-by-wire II system confers a bonus of +4 to the character's Reaction attribute, +2 to the character's Dodge skill rating, and +2 Initiative Passes.  It also functions as skillwires IV. 
Move-by-wire cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement except for reaction enhancers. 

Skillwire Expert System (.1): This modification package boosts the performance of a skillwire system, improving the integration of skillsoft simsense data with the user's own neurotransmitters and neuromuscular junctions.  This implant allows a character with a skillwire system (p. 335, SR4) to use Edge to re-roll a failed test when using skillsofts; Edge may not be used in any other way to boost tests with skillsofts (see?p.?320,?SR4).

Commlink (.4): An implanted version of the commlink (p. 327), popular with hackers and salarymen on the go. A Sim Module (modified for hot sim or not) may be implanted at additional cost. 
   Sim Module: An implanted version of the external sim module (p. 328), popular with sim lovers and BTL users.
Com Link:  Transys Avalon with Novatech Navi
4   Response
4   Signal
3   Firewall
4   System
Common Use Program Suite: Pro User (Analyze, Browse, Edit: 4, Command: 2)

Cybereyes III (.4): This system offers 20/20 vision for both eyes and includes an image link and an eye recording unit (for no extra cost), as well as capacity for various enhancement systems.
Eye Recording Unit: The eye recording unit connects to the user's optical nerves and records all data directly into attached storage (accessible by the user's PAN). To prevent data theft, the user can opt to make this storage only accessible by special means (sim module, datajack, etc.).
Flare Compensation: An implanted version of the flare compensation enhancement (p. 333).
Image Link: An implanted version of the image link enhancement (p. 333).
Low-Light Vision: This accessory allows the user to see normally in light levels as low as starlight. Total darkness still renders the user as blind as an unmodified person.
Protective Covers: These can protect both cyber and normal eyes, and confer both Ballistic and Impact armor bonuses of +2 to the eye area. Available in transparent or one-way reflective versions.
Smartlink: An implanted version of the smartlink enhancement (p. 333).
Thermographic Vision: An implanted version of the thermographic vision enhancement (p. 333).
Vision Enhancement: An implanted version of vision enhancement (p. 333).  +2 Dice. 
Vision Magnification: An implanted version of the vision magnification enhancement (p. 333)

Armor:   
Camouflage Suit: A full body suit with computer-designed environmental-pattern facsimiles. All have reversible day/night patterns. When worn in an appropriate environment, the suit inflicts a -2 Perception Test dice pool modifier to spot the wearer (if worn in an inappropriate environment, it incurs a +2 bonus instead). Also armored for additional protection.  Ballistic 8, Impact 6

Lined Coat: Reminiscent of the long dusters worn in the days of the Wild West, lined coats offer good protection and also provide an additional -2 Concealability modifier to items hidden underneath.  Ballistic 6, Impact 4

Weapons: 
Katana
--Dice Pool 10
--Reach 1
--Damage (Str/2)+3P = 6P   
--AP -1
--Modification: Custom Grip: +1 to skill roles. 

Ceramic Knife X2: This extremely lightweight knife is entirely made of ceramic materials for use in sports like scuba or mountaineering. Because ceramic knives are undetectable by MAD scanners, they are popular with shadowrunners, corporate enforcers, federal agents, and others who prefer hidden weaponry.
--Dice Pool 10
--Reach -   
--Damage (Str/2)+1 P   =4P
--AP -

Ares Predator IV: The all-time favorite sidearm among mercenaries and security services. Includes a smartgun system.
--Dice Pool:  13
--Damage 5P
--AP -1
--Mode: Semi-Automatic
--Clip 15
--4 Clips
--Concealable Holster

Ingram Smartgun X: This smartgun upgrade features gas-vent 2, a smartgun system, a sound suppressor, and a detachable folding stock. 
--Dice Pool 13
--Damage 5P
--AP   -
--Mode:  Burst Fire/Fully Automatic
--Recoil Compensation 2(3)
--Clip 32
--Restricted
--Clips 4

Rounds: 
--300 Standard
--100 EX Explosive (Damage +1, Armor Piercing -1) (Forbiden)
--300 Gel Rounds (damage -1 Stun, Armor Piercing +2)

Doc Wagon Contract: Gold 1 Year
Fake SIN I:  William D. Kidd
Fake SIN II:  Jack Shite (Now, you can't say that you don't know Jack Shite)
Fake SIN III:  Alexander Romanov

Lifestyle: 
Low
Squatter (Safe house) 

Tools: 
Armorer Kit
Med Kit V
--Antidote Patch V X2
--Stimulant Patch IV X5
--Tranque Patch V X5
--Trauma Patch X3
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

AndyZ

Smiley's stats
Smiley - Human Rigger               400                           

Born Rich                                 10                                 
Chatty                                 10                                 
Codeslinger (Command)         10                                 
Restricted Gear                         5                                 

In Debt                                -30                                 
SINner                                -5                                 

Body                              5   40                                 
Agility                       2   10                                 
Reaction                        2   10                                 
Strength                       2   10                                 
Charisma                      2   10                                 
Intuition                        5   40                                 
Logic                              5   40                                 
Willpower                        5   40                                 

Edge                              5   30                                 

Gunnery                      6   24                                 
Perception                      4   16                                 
Pilot Groundcraft      4   16                                 

Electronics                      4   40                                 

Gear                                 60                                 
Fixer           C4   L4                   8                                 
Mechanic   C2   L4                   6                                 

Knowledge and Language Skills: 30

English N
French 2
Japanese 2

Computer Background 4
Corporate Security Tactics 2
Drones 6
Gang Turf 3
Local Area Knowledge 3
Matrix Chat Rooms 4
Pirate Trid Broadcasts 2
Vehicles 2

Total         400                        

Gear                                                                        330000   

Explosive Rounds         - 1000                              5000   
Capsule Rounds                 - 100         Yellow Dye               300   

High Explosive Grenade                                       45   

Urban Explorer Jumpsuit                                       500   
Form-Fitting Body Armor, Full Suit                                 1600   
Skinweb Array                                                       200   

Response            6                                                   8000   
Signal            5                                                   1000   
Firewall            6                                                   3000   
System            6                                                   3000   

Hot Sim Module                                                       250   
Optimization - Command                                                   500   
Response Enhancer      6                                                       12000   

Analyze            6                                                   600   
Browse            6                                                   600   
Command            6                                                   600   
Edit                    6                                                        600   

Biofeedback Filter      6                                                   6000   
ECCM            6                                                   6000   

Mapsoft            6                                                   30   

Fake SIN            4                                                   4000   
Fake License         4                                                   400   

Shop                                                                       5000   

Fingernail Data Storage          Left Big Toe                        200   

Tag Eraser                                                               150   

Medkit            6                                                   600   

Custom Lifestyle                                                                                                      1700   per month

Comforts 1      Entertainment 4      Necessities 3      Neighborhood 0      Security 1         

High Lifestyle (backup)                                       10000   
   Lifestyle cost plus 12                                            1200   

Basic Docwagon                                               5000   per year

Adaptability                                 3                                          1500   
Chaser                                    4                                          4000   
Clearsight                                     4                                          4000   
Covert Ops                                 4                                          4000   
Defense                                    4                                          4000   
Maneuver (Groundcraft)            4                           4000   
Maneuver (Aircraft)                    4                           4000   
Maneuver (Anthro)                    4                           4000   
Targeting (Heavy)                    4                           4000   

Hyundai Shin-Hyung            Mods   13                        17000   

Amenities (High)                 2                           1000   
   Armor   10                              1                           2000   
   Chameleon Coating                 1                           10000   
   Enhanced Image Screens         1                           1000   
   Gun Port                                 1                           500   
   Gun Port                                 1                           500   
   Improved Sensor Array         1                           1000   
      Ultrawideband Radar         R4                                 2000   
   Interior Cameras                 0                           1000   
   Nitrous Injection                 1                           2500   
   Personal Armor                         2                           5000   
   Ram Plate                                 1                           2500   
   Removed Manual Controls         1                           200   

Morphing License Plate                                    1000   
   Spoof Chip                                                    500   
   Run Flat Tires      x4                                              1000   

MCT-Nissan Rotodrone                                       2000   

Camera Upgrade            R4                                100   
      Low Light                                                          100   
      Image Link                                                  25   
      Smartlink                                                         500   
      Vision Magnification                                          100   

Chameleon Coating         1                                    3000   
   Gyro Link                         1                                    5000   
   Improved Sensor Array      1                                    1000   
      Ultrawideband Radar         R4                                 2000   
   Weapon Mount                 1                                    2000   

GE Vindicator Minigun                                             5500   
      Smartgun System, External                              400   
      Chameleon Coating                                         1000   

Spoof Chip                                                     500   

Camera Upgrade            R4                                 100   
      Low Light                                                          100   
      Image Link                                                      25   
      Smartlink                                                          500   
      Vision Magnification                                              100   

Chameleon Coating         1                                         3000   
   Gyro Link                         1                                                  5000   
   Improved Sensor Array      1                                    1000   
      Ultrawideband Radar         R4                                  2000   
   Weapon Mount                 1                                         2000   

GE Vindicator Minigun                                              5500   
      Chameleon Coating                                             1000   

Spoof Chip                                                       500   

Camera Upgrade            R4                                     100   
      Low Light                                                            100   
      Image Link                                                  25   
      Smartlink                                                          500   
      Vision Magnification                                             100   

Chameleon Coating         1                                       3000   
   Gyro Link                           1                                                 5000   
   Improved Sensor Array      1                                     1000   
      Ultrawideband Radar         R4                                2000   
   Weapon Mount                 1                                    2000   

GE Vindicator Minigun                                            5500   
      Chameleon Coating                                            1000   

Spoof Chip                                                          500   

Bust-A-Move                                                          350   

Pimped Ride          1         (Modified into Smileydoll)            500   
   Termination System      2         Self-Destruct                        1000   

Bust-A-Move                                                            350   

Termination System      2         Self-Destruct                  1000   

Bust-A-Move                                                       350   

Termination System      2         Self-Destruct                       1000   

Mesametric Beaver                                                     4000   

Ares-Segway Terrier                                                     4500   

Cyberware/Bioware                                          

Attention Coproccesor         R3      0.3 Essence                  9000   
Implanted Commlink                       0.2 Essence                       2000   
Simsense Booster                       0.5 Essence                       65000                                 

Sleep Regulator                     0.15   Essence                        10000   

Muse

Fake SIN IV:  William D. Kidd
Fake SIN II:  Alexander Romanov

The IV and the II represent the rating of the fake SIN.  If someone analyzes the IDs to see if they're fake, that's the number of successes they need. 

AndyZ

Quote from: Muse on March 21, 2012, 06:28:17 PM

I thought Jack left town.

Hello Mr. Fancy Pants!

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Beth Anderson

Metatype: Human

Description:

Personality:

History:

Positive Qualities
Bilingual
Fame (local)
Privileged Family Name
Trust Fund (high lifestyle)

Negative Qualities
Day Job (10 hours a week, 3000Y with Fame Modifier)
Infirm
Pacifist (self-defense)
SINer (standard)

Attributes
Body 3
Agility 1 (2)
Reaction 1 (2)
Strength 1 (2)
Charisma 5
Intuition 4
Logic 5
Willpower 4
Edge 4
Essence 6
Initiative

Active Skills
Cracking Skill Group [Logic]  4
- Cybercombat
- Electronic Warfare
- Hacking
Dodge [Reaction]  4
Influence Skill Group [Cha]  4 
- Con
- Etiquette
- Leadership
- Negotiation
Electronics Skill Group [Logic]  4
- Computer
- Data Search
- Hardware
- Software
Forgery [Logic]  5
Pistols (tasers) [Agility]  4

Knowledge Skills 27   

Language Skills
English N
Spanish N

Contacts
[Fixer Group] Connected 4,  Loyalty 6,  <19 Members, Sprawl Wide Influence , Minority Magical Assets, Active Matrix Presence [16 BPs]
[Local Virtual Lipstick Lesbian Sex Club]  Connected 1, Loyalty 1, <99 members, Local Influence (club matrix area), Minor Magical Resources,  Active Matrix Presence  [6 BPs]

Lifestyle
High Lifestyle (no upkeep, trust fund)

Bioware

Cyberware

110,000 Y

Muse

*Grins* Nice pic, Ruby.  She's cute.  :) 

I also appreciate that she speaks Spanish. 

If I may be so bold, why no edge? 

RubySlippers

Ummmm something had to give?  ???

And she has Edge its 2, since she's human.

I could drop her physical stats to add to it I suppose she is disabled after all it would fit. Reason she has all the tech in her is to get her to somewhat a normal life.

Ignis

Well I finally finished (I hope). Posting it up now and sending a PM with a couple questions about his background, ill edit it in later. So what do you think? How bad did I mess up?

Name:  Vance "Sticks" Wyse
Metatype:  Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 187
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black

5   Agility
3   Body
5   Reaction
2   Strength

2   Charisma
4   Intuition
4   Logic
2   Willpower

9   Initiative
1   Passes

3   Edge
5.5   Essence

Negative Qualities:
Flashbacks
Amnesia
Records On File

Positive Qualities:
Ambidextrous
Restricted Gear
Restricted Gear
Bilingual

3   Automatics (+2 submachine guns)
1   Longarms
2   Pistols (+2 Semi-Automatics)
1   Throwing Weapons
1   Blades
3   Dodge
4   Perception
2   Escape Artist
3   Forgery (+2 False ID)
3   Gymnastics
3   Infiltration
2   Locksmith
1   Climbing
1   Pilot Ground Craft (+2 Motorcycles)
1   Exotic Melee Weapons (Monofilament Garrote)

2   Disguise
2   Armorer (+2 Firearms)
2   Demolitions
3   Electronics (group)

3   Safe Houses
4   Firearms Design
3   Security Systems
1   Corporate Politics
2   Engineering
2   Firearms History

6   Language: Japanese (native)
6   Language: Mandarin (native
2   Language: German
3   Language: English
2   Language: Spanish
2   Language: French

Contacts:
1/3   ID Manufacturer
2/3   Supply Sergeant
1/2   ShadowSEA
1/2   Terrorist

Resources

-Cybereyes
---Flare Compensation
---Low Light Vision
---Thermographic Vision
---Vision Magnification
---Smartlink
---Datajack
---Transys Avalon
-Micro-Transceiver III
-Virtual Surround Music
-Data Chips (5)
-Tag Eraser
-Glasscutter
-Keycard Copier VI
-Lockpick Set
-Sequencer IV
-Maglock Passkey IV
-Climbing Gear
-Gecko Tape Gloves
-Grapple Gun
-100m Rope
-Lowlight Flashlight
-Gun Sling (mounted on HK XM30)
-Concealed Holster (elan)
-Quick Draw Holster (x2) (MP-5 TX)
-Armorer Tool Shop
-Gold DocWagon Contract
-Custom Thundercloud Contrail
---Nitrous
---Giro Stabilization
---Speed and Acceleration Customizations

Handling: +1
Accel: 24/48
Speed: 216
Pilot: 1
Body: 6
Armor: 4
Sensor: 1
Programs

-Firewall (6)
-Agent (4)
-Agent (4)
-Analyze program VI
-Browse Program VI
-Attack Program III
-Armor Program IV
-Black Hammer Program III
-Data Bomb IV
-Decrypt III
-Defuse IV
-Exploit III
-Sniffer III
Starting Nuyen 3200
roll

Fake SIN III: John Doe
Fake License II: Concealed Carry
Fake SIN III: Harry Dresden
Fake SIN III: Vance Wyse
Fake License IV: Concealed Carry

Armor (9/5):
Ruthenidum  Form Fitting Full Body Suit (6/2)
Aces High Jacket (3/3)

Attacks:

Ceramic Knife (x2)
--Armor Piercing: 0
--Attack: 4
--Damage: 2P
--Reach: 0
Monofilament Garrote
--Armor Piercing: -4
--Attack: 4
--Damage: 8P
--Reach: 0
Morrissey Elan
--Damage: 4P
--Rounds: 5(c)
--Range: 0-5/6-15/16-30/31-50
Rounds and Clips:
--20 Hi-C Plastic
--1 Spare Clip
SA Puzzler
--Damage: 4P
--Rounds: 12(c)
--Range: 0-5/6-15/16-30/31-50
Rounds and Clips:
--10 Hi-C Plastic
HK MP-5 TX (x2)
--Attack: 10
--Damage: 5P
--Rounds: 20(c)
--Recoil: 2
--Range: 0-10/11-40/41-80/81-150
-Custom Look
Rounds and Clips:
--400 Standard
--8 Spare Clips
HK XM30 (Carbine and Sniper modules also owned)
--Armor Piercing: -1
--Attack: 8
--Damage: 6P
--Rounds: 30(c)
--Recoil: (1)2
--Range: 0-50/51-150/151-350/351-550
Flash Bang Rounds and Clips:
--180 Standard
--3 Spare Clips
--1 Spare Sniper Clip
--20 EX-Explosive Rounds +2 Damage, -2 AP, Misfire on Critical Glitch
Grenade (x2)
--Armor Piercing: -3
--Attack: 6
--Damage: 6s
--Blast: 10m Radius
Fragmentation Grenade (x2)
--Armor Piercing: +2
--Damage: 12P(f)
--Blast: -1/m
High Explosive Grenade
--Armor Piercing: -2
--Damage: 10P
--Blast: -2/m

Health
-0  ( )( )-1( )( )( )-2( )( )( )-3 ( )( )

Stun ( )( )-1( )( )( )-2( )( )( )-3( )( )( )

Condo
8,000 a month.
Months Prepaid. 2
Middle Comforts
Middle Entertainment
Middle Necessities
Low Neighborhood
High Security

Safehouse
2,600 a month.
Months Prepaid. 3
Low Comforts
Street Entertainment
Low Necessities
Street Neighborhood
Middle Security
Security Conscious (+2)
Bolt Hole (+3)
AI in Residence (-3)
Poor Condition (-1)

Vance woke up one day in a decent flat one day and that's when his life started. He doesn't remember his real name or where he came from, he doesn't even remember his birthday. He remembers waking up with a massive headache and walking into the bathroom for some aspirin. Then realized he didn't remember anything. His name, his birthday, nothing. In the closet where most people would have a suit or work coveralls he had a Full Body Suit and a bombers jacket. Most of the drawers were filled with weapons and ammunition. On the desk were a couple of fake SINs and a note. The note simply read "We will be watching Mr. Wyse, We are very interested." He walked out into the garage and found a motorcycle. After the shock of not remembering anything died down he started to think about what he would do. The landlord wouldn't care if his memories were gone afterall. He made it to a local club and managed to worm his way into a local urban brawl team. From there he was able to pay the rent for a couple months and figure out where to go. The urban brawl team managed some wins and through them he made the acquaintance of a corps military supply Sergeant, who has been suplying him with some odds and ends, and then the organization ShadowSEA. About a month ago he was approached about a job running to get some suplies for a low level terrorist organization. He nearly botched the job when he was hit by a flashback speeding to the drop. He was climbing up the side of a building, hanging by a thread over the security compound below. Suddenly a searchlight lit up the stonework next to him and he knew he was in trouble. The guards opened fire and chips of masonry flew from the building. Their aim wasn't all bad as he felt a sharp hot pain in his left calf. He pulled himself up another meter and slammed his way in through the glass pannel of the window. Suddenly he blinked as he heard a horn blaring at him. Swerving just in time to avoid becoming a smear on the pavement.

Blinkin

I have settled on my last contact for Billy.

Contact (2/2): Street Cop(Name up to GM)

Oh, I forgot height in Billy... he's 5'11 (And probably the meat shield that everyone is screaming for. lol

On a note, does the armour for his longcoat (Usually worn when not working) and the armour of his camo's stack (If he's wearing the camo's under the coat)?

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Still trying to decide on her commrig set-up she has enough Y left.

Muse

I was about to check on the cinnematic gaming rules myself. 

You see, in the standard rules, if you wear both armors the encumbrance value of the second armor stacks. 

Since the stat that determines encumbrance is twice your body, Ignis is 6 over with his primary armor. 

Muse

Here's the relevent text from page 150 (Ignis, your going to either be squishy or very slow.): 

Armor and Encumbrance: 
  If a character is wearing more than one piece of armor at a time, only the highest value (for either Ballistic or Impact) applies. Note that some armor items, like helmets and shields, provide a modifier to the worn armor rating and so do not count as stacked armor.
  Too much armor, however, can slow a character down. If either of a character’s armor ratings exceeds his Body x 2, apply a –1 modifier to Agility and Reaction for every 2 points (or fraction thereof) that his Body x 2 is exceeded. Note that this may affect Initiative as well. If a character is wearing multiple armor items, add their ratings together before comparing to Body.

Ignis

I mis-read the combining armor to make outfits thing. :P
Ill go with squishier over slower but I can always tweak a stat... if I can decide what I dont need enough to justify it...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ignis on March 22, 2012, 10:32:29 AM
I mis-read the combining armor to make outfits thing. :P
Ill go with squishier over slower but I can always tweak a stat... if I can decide what I dont need enough to justify it...

There are some methods that skirt that rule though. Like Form-fitting Body Armor and portions of the PPP armor set.

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2012, 09:18:03 AM
Here's the relevent text from page 150 (Ignis, your going to either be squishy or very slow.): 

Armor and Encumbrance: 
  If a character is wearing more than one piece of armor at a time, only the highest value (for either Ballistic or Impact) applies. Note that some armor items, like helmets and shields, provide a modifier to the worn armor rating and so do not count as stacked armor.
  Too much armor, however, can slow a character down. If either of a character’s armor ratings exceeds his Body x 2, apply a –1 modifier to Agility and Reaction for every 2 points (or fraction thereof) that his Body x 2 is exceeded. Note that this may affect Initiative as well. If a character is wearing multiple armor items, add their ratings together before comparing to Body.

Well, that answers my question. I would loose either 3 ajility or 3 reaction for the extra protection and Billy relies on speed a lot... so it's one or the other. Still, either one would be useful in it's particular environment.

On another note, can somene quote me the cost of skill soft chips? (I think they are still called that). Since he has the possibility of using them, I might as well see what I can get for him and how much it'll cost... and if he has the nuyen for it.

Although I asked Muse this as well, can someone quote me the price for a small holdout pistol with a smartlink?

Thanks

Blinkin, who is jazzed about all of this.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ignis

A small holdout with smartlink, you could get an Elan for 450 and add a smartlink for the guns cost. The Elan is made of polymers so it cant be detected normally. On the cheap you can get a Streetline Special for 100 (plus 100 for the smartlink). The special has a -2 to be detected and its used by societies bottom rung (so us :P)

I even know a guy that can hook you up.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 22, 2012, 10:40:00 AM
There are some methods that skirt that rule though. Like Form-fitting Body Armor and portions of the PPP armor set.
I ended up going with form fitting body armor with a bomber jacket over it. I still have 2850¥ of starting money to... I could get some upgrades for my XM30. :D

I am reminded of a comic strip I read, specifically this episode.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ignis on March 22, 2012, 10:59:36 AM

I am reminded of a comic strip I read, specifically this episode.

To which I retort with Maxim #37
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'

Blinkin

Quote from: Ignis on March 22, 2012, 10:59:36 AM
A small holdout with smartlink, you could get an Elan for 450 and add a smartlink for the guns cost. The Elan is made of polymers so it cant be detected normally. On the cheap you can get a Streetline Special for 100 (plus 100 for the smartlink). The special has a -2 to be detected and its used by societies bottom rung (so us :P)

I even know a guy that can hook you up.

Can you give me the specs on those holdouts? That will decide which one I go with. I have about 5K available yet, so I'm trying to figure out items that I can pick up that I (or Muse) didn't think about. I'm leaning toward the "saturday night special" elcheapo, but it'll be nice to know what they are.

Bodysuits are nice, but if Billy gets a hard-on, I don't want him to feel too uncomfortable. lol

I think his phylosophy is going to run toward, "If it twitches, shoot it again..." and "There is no such animal as too many weapons."

I'm thinking that he'll carry 1 clip of gel rounds for the Ares and probably 2 of explosive with 1 regular incase he actually only wants to "hurt" someone. lol

As for the ingram... well it may depend on the mission. I played a pulp character who lugged a Tommygun around with him everywhere in a carpetbag... and a box of the best cigars he could find. lol

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

I highly recomedn the Elan, Blinkin, for the same reason I recommended the ceramic knives. 

Not every shadowruner needs to be 100% subtle all the time, but every shadowruner needs the option of being subtle! 

For 1,000 NY your Elan you can build in the smartgun system and the custom grip for a total of +3 dice pool.  (Why I gave you the Armorer skill.) 

Let's see if I can find you the stats. 

Ignis

I got him the stats.

If you are getting something that cant be detected you should probably spend the extra cash on the Hi-C plastic rounds so the bullets dont set off the metal detector.

I could just see us walking through a MAD by the way. I have to empty just about every pocket, pouch, holster, ect just to get the alarm to stop going off. Then I forget the change I had in my front right pocket. :P

Blinkin

The Elan it is then, with the custom grips, smartlink and Hi-C plastic rounds.

All Billy has to do is look at a metal detector and it's going to scream in agony.. As much cyberware as he's carrying, the belt buckle, the loose change, the car keys.. forget getting in without making some noise... unless the cyberware is good enough to not set it off... Muse?

I love airports because I will always forget something and have to get wanded. The last time, it was a rabis tag for my dog that I forgot to put on him that mornng. "Yes ma'am... I've had my shots..."

Now, I just need to see if I can pick up a soft skill chip for heavy weapons, gunnery, some martial art and piloting (Aircraft) and I'll be about done, I think... Oh, and Demolitions. lol (Level 4, thank you very much)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ignis

I could just imagine the look on some poor guards face as I pull out a military grade weapon, two SMGs, more ammo than any one person should ever need, the Garrote, and a ceramic knife just to cut down on suspicions a bit. I didnt even think of the cybereyes, but they probably would set it off also. :P

Should be interesting to say the least.

Muse

Activesofts are 10,000XRating. If you downgraded your doc wagon contract from gold to bronze, you could get one at 2 ranks. 

Or just save up.  :) 

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
Activesofts are 10,000XRating. If you downgraded your doc wagon contract from gold to bronze, you could get one at 2 ranks. 

Or just save up.  :)

Well then... guess I'll save up and hope that we get some good jobs that don't get hosed. lol

I can just imagine the eyes popping as the pile grows... Elan... Predator... Engram... Katana... Knives...brass knuckles... (Can you get brass knuckles?)... grenades... (Need to check on stun grenades)... white lab rat... mini nuke... lol

I suppose that he could always say, "Corrected astigmatism..." for the eyes. Or... Just blow the guard away and run for it... or get our ever present Hacker (Nicknamed God( to fiddle with the thing.

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ignis

I was thinking something like what Neo does. Gun down the guards, toss the guns over the top of the scanners, then proceed to shoot everything in sight.

Marie Reynolds

Well I think if no one minds of putting together a technomancer diva who is a matrix celebrity

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 22, 2012, 05:30:20 PM
Well I think if no one minds of putting together a technomancer diva who is a matrix celebrity

I like technomancers.. but all the really FUN toys are the ones that you get for their version of initiation (their version of skillwires, taser touch, ect)

ShadowFox89

You still recruiting for this Gary?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blinkin

Well... as I can't think of anything else that Billy "needs" I guess he'll aquire a certified cred stick for about 4K neyen. lol

Hey, that might even pay for a room in a nice hotel for the night with a sexy runner who might like massages. lol

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ShadowFox89

Work in progress...

Metatype: Elf; Gender: Female

Body: 4
Agility: 6
Reaction: 4
Strength: 4

Charisma: 4
Intuition: 3
Willpower: 3
Logic: 3

Edge: 2

Magic: 3 (Improved Reflexes II)

Skill Groups:
Athletics: 2
Firearms: 2
Mechanic: 1
Stealth: 2

Skills:
Blades: 5
Dodge: 5
Unarmed Combat: 2

Knowledge Skills:

Language Skills:

Qualities: Mild Addiction (alcohol), Astral Beacon, Ambidextrous

Points Spent:
Stats- 200
Race- 30
Edge- 10
Magic: 20
Skills- 132
Resources: 8
Total- 400/400
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

How many people do we have now?  Would a sedan be able to fit everyone?

Blinkin

Quote from: AndyZ on March 22, 2012, 10:04:23 PM
How many people do we have now?  Would a sedan be able to fit everyone?

I think we have at least 5, maybe as many as 7 depending on the question about if there is still an opening that I saw a couple of post back.

I think that we have:
1 Street sam (2?)
1 Adept (Socialite)
1 Decker
1 Rigger
1 Adept (Magic?)
1 Mercenary (?)

It's not looking good for the Street Sam if he has to carry the combat load... need BFGs! lol

I think a better question would be if a sedan can haul all of our gear. You may want to look at a van or something a little larger if you have drones to haul about. You could really go in style and get something that flies. lol

If only a Banshee wouldn't look so out of place on the streets of Seattle... Could we make it look llike something else maybe... like an office building on wheels or something? lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Andy Z: Rigger
Blinkin, Ignis, and Shadowfox:  Combat Specs
Callie:  Social Adept
Marie:  Technomancer
Myself:  Magician
Ruby Slippers:  Decker

And someone had spoken about a cat burglar type.  (Very useful, by the way.) 

So yeah, we're going to need a van. 

AndyZ

Would a bus be stupid?  There's a lot I could do with a bus

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RubySlippers

I'm not sure I'm thinking of dropping the Decker, I keep hitting road blocks in my character I'm just not getting how to do the tech stuff. And there is no way to get by on a normal [insert race] that really is mundane no tech implants or mods and no magic as in a normal human. Its just so much to take in. And you need someone that can make the Decker thing work and I'm not likely it.

I love the system and all it just its seems to me your either a freaky teched or magic upped sort and tossing most of that out I can do a character. But then I either have to forget combat pretty much which is fine by me less to worry about but then it makes me kind of limited in options even the gunfighter in a little black dress needs ample implants or something more to work with.

Sorry to be a pain but I'm just not sure what kind of character to do the Decker thing is too rule intensive usually I'd be the connected person who knows lots of people but doesn't get her hands dirty OR have the one big gun and armor thug type (but that means enhancements and some tech is fine they have commercial cyberpackages but I'm tired of thinking about all this) but that second one is not an option. I just wish I could find some builds that are minimalist to get ideas from.

AndyZ

Ruby, would you like to play the driver?  That should be sufficiently mundane.  Just check in Arsenal for vehicle mods

Muse

Actualy, the pre-gens in the 20th aniversery edition are supposed to be fairly good. 

May I suggest the gun fu adept right out of there? 

Ignis

I thought I was a cat burgular type. Just a very militant one...

I have a motorcycle, you guys can ride in whatever. :P

Muse

Ah.  Let me look again.  :) 

Ignis

Just look around the gun section. Thats where I went a bit wild and got a few things I didnt exactly need...

Blinkin

We could paint a bus yellow and put "Seattle Public School System" on the side... perfect camoflauge! I was going to say we were going to need a winibagow with wings to get this bunch about... and you too good to ride with us instead of your crotch rocket? lol

Ruby, a Decker can always be contracted out... that is how we did it when I played so long ago because no one could figure out the decker. Have you thought about a thief/forger? It's always useful, doesn't require too much cybernetics (if any) and as far as combat, I played a shaman first time around and had no cybernetics and did fine with a pistol. The cybernetics are nice, but I don't see any reason why you can't outthink a badguy instead of trying to outmuscle him.

It might be nice to have someone who can get us in and out of places physically, create some good fake documents or even identies... Just some thoughts.

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Not to mention Akiko can work on building the skills for hacking. :D

Ignis

Quote from: Blinkin on March 23, 2012, 01:21:09 PM
It might be nice to have someone who can get us in and out of places physically, create some good fake documents or even identies... Just some thoughts.

Blinkin

*waves*
That is sort of what I built my char for. Sure he could use a couple of skill points moved around but I think he can get in and out of places with his armor that blends into the surroundings.

4   Perception
2   Escape Artist
3   Forgery (+2 False ID)
2   Gymnastics
3   Infiltration
2   Locksmith
1   Climbing

Someone is just jealous I dont have to sit in the fart box. :P

Muse

Yep.  Hardware wouldn't hurt, i think... 

Ignis

Hardware... ok... time to shuffle skill points more.

ShadowFox89

Athletics 2, Stealth 2, Mechanics 1 gives me...

Climbing, Running, Gymnastics, and Swimming 2
Aeronautics, Industrial, Automotive, and Nautical mechanics 1
Disguise, Infiltration, Shadowing, and Palming 2
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RubySlippers

Okay I can work with the Matrix but am not going to be a Decker more a Fixer (connected to a crime group well and have some other contacts) that is cagey on the Matrix but not a hacker proper. Any big jobs you might be better off hiring one from her list of contacts. But she is not going to be imcapable of modest work if needed like forging SINS would be probable and she will know in principle the skills to hack.

This way I can be useful and tone down the tech to a level that is fair, on par with an average computer savey geek but not a hacker.

I will need to make changes though.

Marie Reynolds

Does anyone know the costs of skill groups being purchased with BP.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gary Stargazer

Ok you people are scaring the hell out of me, i expected like ... 3 peeps to be interested, 4 - 5 tops. I didn't realize people were so interested in shadowrun.

Anyhoo if you've shown interest up to this point and are talking about throwing together a char or have already, that's great I will have a thread up soon just for char sheets to see what im dealing with in a less chaotic fashion, however from this point forward if you have not shown interest then that's it, no more new entries. ><

Gary Stargazer

And there you go. Char sheets only please.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135385.0

Here is the OOC, if you need to finish getting your char built or are ready to rant about the potential game, go here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135386.0

CmdrRenegade

Gonna have a tank soon.  I may need some help with creation.