News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Bacterial communication

Started by Vekseid, April 11, 2009, 07:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Trieste

Yes. Bacteria are pretty awesome when you think about it. They do a bazillion crazy things with only a fraction of the base pairs we have. O_o

Vekseid

I think the more interesting point is - some mechanism like this, combined with cilia makes up the foundation of the brain. Rather interesting to see both have their origins in bacteria.

Trieste

... is sort of a given in the halls of academia, and ends up being 'yet more evidence to support evolution', seems like.

School has robbed me of my wonder! *sobs*

Aeval

I am not a scientific person--my specialty lies in the humanities- I found this video fascinating! Who would have thought that I would learn about bacterial communication in a role playing forum!!! Isn't the world a wonderful place sometimes! Thank you Veks! *hug*

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Indigo

I very much enjoyed watching that.  *nods*

Thank you

Maeven

I watched it a few times...

That bacteria communicate intraspecies via proteins and enzymes was neat, but sorta expected (since that's how our body works.)

What was completely awesome was the discovery of interspecies communication via a shared protein. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule