Aliens: The Awakening

Started by SimonSez, July 15, 2010, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonSez

Aliens: The Awakening
The year is XXXX. Colonists on Planet LV-491 have stopped transmitting to Weyland-Yutani. The company sent a reconnaissance team to investigate but they lost contact with them rite after they had landed onto the planet. After a few months later they received a transmission from the reconnaissance team. The message was intercepted by the Earth military and they questioned the company Weyland-Yutani about colonists and the reconnaissance team.

While the Earth Military questioned Weyland-Yutani they immediately sent 3 United Nations Conestoga-class light assault carriers to investigate why the planet had stopped transmitting.

Profile Layout
[b]RPC Name[/b]:
[b]Image[/b]: (link only)
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Specialty[/b]: (Riflemen, Heavy Gunner Etc.)
[b]Bio[/b]:

Plz post all Profiles onto the Profile Board plz
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75600.0

Marine Equipment
~M4A3 9-mm Pistol

~M41A 10-mm Pulse Rifle

~M3 Marine Standard Issue Armor

~M56 Smart Gun

~The M40 Grenade

~M240 Flamethrower

~The VC32

~Robot Sentry Guns

~Motion Tracker

SimonSez

Walker's Cryotube systems turned on and began to do the run down on him. The lights turned on in the ship and in the Cryo-Chamber where all the Marines were put to sleep. Slowly Walkers tube opens as the hatch rises up. Walker rubs his eyes and groans from feeling his body hurting from not moving so much. Slowly getting up he coughs and slowly gets up seeing the rest of the Cryotubes opening as well. Making his way to the medical room every marine has to have a check up before going to get something to eat.

Kraven Trollsbane

i wake up. its cold. my skin burns and my chest hurts i hurl myself out of my cryo pod and cough up a thick mucus gel that they forced in my lungs before i went under, something about lung deflation. bullshit more likely, they just want to leave a bad taste in our mouths so we don't start to like it too much.

i try to stand but my limbs are weak from cryo. it takes some effort but i manage to stand. i look over the rest of the crew some moving sluggishly other quick and brisk. i turn away and move to the wall with our uniforms and  get suited up. i dont mind being naked but i prefer to have cloths on just in case the shit hits the fan. hot bullet casings on bare skin don't work so well. i move to the muster area off to the side and realize im the first ready to go. that's odd usually im the last.
 A&A

SimonSez

Walker saw a Marine getting dressed already, was about to whistle to him but his lungs hurt so he picked up someones socks and throws it at him "check up" he said a bit loudly "that goes for all of you.." he said to the rest of the Marine's were getting up slowly. Walker was first in, laying down on a table a scanning prob began to scan his body. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes and the scans are done. Getting up off the table Walker heads to the mess hall to get some good food which was made to instantly replenish a Marine's strength when getting out of Cryo.

Kraven Trollsbane

i heard we were getting a new co i guess this guy shouting orders is him. i must have been in cryo when he got aboard. as the marine walked past me shouting orders i took a quick glance at the name displayed on his uniform. walker huh. i followed walker to the med station off to the side of the cryo bay. he checked out clean. i got on the scanner as he got off. a buzzer goes off and an electronic voice goes off. " error no cryo effects detected. please see the doctor and the engineer as soon as they are ready. i look over at the doc standing beside the scanner "over here marine." i slide off the table and go to her. "well the scanner says that you havent been in cryo but you dont seem dead to me which is what would happen if you weren't. other than that you have a clean bill of health, infact your in better shape than i expect any of the others to be in after a long cryo sleep like that. ill have the engineer down-check your pod for diagnostics. you can go ahead to the mess hall, but come find me if you feel anythings wrong."

i walk away a bit bemused. the mess is a spacious place covered in metal tables and chairs and a long food bar at one side. i grab a try of some nutrious slop they call food and head to the table that walkers at. i sit across from him "you the new co?"
 A&A

SimonSez

(( Hey Kraven whats with the scanning prob part..no Cryo effects ? he a cyborg or something ? ))

Kraven Trollsbane

( dont know yet i like to plug in openings for later) like back in a past rp i had the girl i was playing with douse me with perfume for no reason then later i used that to wake up a troll on accident.)
 A&A

SimonSez

(( ah ok ))
Walker was already sat down, eating his slop of super soldier food, looking up he saw the marine he threw a pair of socks at suddenly ask him if he was the new CO "yep." he simply said as he began to dig into his Super Slop of food.

Kraven Trollsbane

( what rank is walker)

"man of few words i see" i say under my breath.
 A&A

SimonSez

Quote from: Kraven Trollsbane on July 15, 2010, 05:06:28 PM
( what rank is walker)

"man of few words i see" i say under my breath.
(( Uh Lance Corporal ))
"no not really just don't have anything else to say after someone asks me if I'm there CO...is there a problem.." he asked him as he flipped some of his records over checking out the Intel they had now for the mission they were to go on soon.

Kraven Trollsbane

(thats pretty low on the totem pole. that makes everyone else private first class. but thats cool maybe someone will get promotions later)

"sir no sir. just figured you'd start talking about something. out last co was quite the chatter box before he bought the farm on the last mission."
 A&A

SimonSez

(( i dunno nothing about ranks lol i didnt wanna be too high in the ranks lol ))
"well i dont know nothing about your last CO .. but im here now .." he said to him as he began to finish his slop off, in a rush to go and get his things ready.

Kraven Trollsbane

( list of enlisted ranks http://www.ccsu.edu/uploaded/images/VHP_Images/Marine_Ranks_Enlisted.jpg no officer ranks shown)

"well our last co was one of the best, i hope your a fit replacement." (not condescending)  i grab my tray and leave the table dumping most of the crap food in the trash, i wasn't hungry anyway.

i head back to the cry room to see the doc, i tell her how i wasn't hungry. "odd" she says with a bemused look on her face. i turn and leave passing the mess and heading to the bridge to see the captain. who happens to be an old friend of mine (im assuming we are in a big ship about to be dropped into orbit of the planned in a smaller landing craft then the big ship leaves until we schedule pick up.)

i get to the bridge only having to salute about a thousand times, damn officers. i walk up behind captain Deadrea all ninja like and make a snide comment. "hows she running cappin" the captain jumps, she spins and slaps me hard. but it doesn't wipe the grin off my face. "Damnit Kraven you scared the hell out of me and you know damn well you aren't supposed to be up here." her words might sound tough but im not worried. "come now captain you should be used to this by now." i say snidely. "next time im going to shoot you, now get the hell off my bridge." but her smile takes the sting out of her words. i head back to our squads quarters.
 A&A

SimonSez

(( Sargent Major then ))
Walker shrugs walking the Marine walk off, getting up he picked his paper work up and heads to the Command room where he would transmit there current status and location back to HQ. Few minutes later after sending transmission Walker now had his orders and had to shift this Marines into gear, grabbing the ship com mic he turned it on "attention, i want all Marines prepped and ready..i repeat i want all Marines prepped and ready for drop down and then i want you all in the Launch bay for briefing.." Walker down as he turned off the mic and went to his locker room to get his gear set.

Kraven Trollsbane

(thats better ill be a gunnery Sergent then gunny for short)

as i was heading back to the marine deck i hear the announcement on the comm. *sighs* i was hoping for more time before the drop but duty calls.

i double timed it to the equipment room just off to the side of the drop bay our ship ready and waiting i entered a few moments after the captain and the new co. walker looked up briefly as he checked his gear i went to my locker and ignored my gear instead stripping out of my uniform and suiting up in my drop/combat gear. a form fitting black suit with layers of hardened metal and ceramic plates. since im the front runner im pretty well armored. after i stripped i glanced at the captain, she was looking, just like i knew she would and winked at her and she blushed. i suited up quickly and stowed all my gear in my pack in its place. i didnt bother to check my weapons, i knew they're done right, made em myself actually.

after im all set i move to the display screen and bring up all the relevant data to show to the squad, tech ops remember. i mostly ignore the co, he'll talk to me when he wants my input i figure.
 A&A

SimonSez

Checking out my weapon first seeing it was all in good shape i get my gear on next. Walking down the deck down to the lift Walker pressed the Lunch bay and began to head down to the lower decks of the ship. Once down Walker saw all the marines were there, walking over to his Gunny he saw it was that marine before "..every one all set Gunny ?.." Walker asked as he looked to the info on the screen making sure everything he needed to brief the marines was there.

Kraven Trollsbane

(we need more players to be the other marines in our squad or we can just make them up as we go along.)

"just waiting on you Sergent major"
 A&A

SimonSez

(( nah people can just jump in ))
"...very well..." Walker said turning to face the Marines "Attention people!...time for your briefing...we been sent to this colony because they haven't replied to our transmissions..another team had come before us but part of Weyland-Yutani corp ... dunno why Weyland-Yutani are sticking there nose's in this but that team they sent didn't come back...were to head down to the colony and see whats happening...any questions.." Walker asked looking to the Marine's.

Kraven Trollsbane

no one answered the co so i jumped in with the rest of the briefing

"the terrain is mostly rock and sand with a few small bodies of water. the colony is set up beside one of the largest bodies called the lake of posiden since it is in a trident shape. the colony spans about 4 square miles and is made up of large warehouses, dormitories, tech and science labs and lots of caves that have been adapted for mining and research purposes.  the colony is or maybe was home to about 500 personnel mostly scientists, workers and their families. communication was lost about 1 unit standard month ago. following loss of contact transmissions have been sent once every 2 days according to article 135 of the colonial exploration doctrine.  no response was received. WY corp sent a squad of 4 mercs and 4 scientists to check on the colony 2 weeks after com blackout, likely to protect interests on site as they have a number of facilities there. their team hasn't been heard from since. therefore under article 906 section b of the CED we the marines have been sent in to ascertain the problem. if there are enemies on site we have no Intel on them so be ready for anything. i have the specs and layout of the town and all the buildings downloaded into localized battle net for our squad so it should be available on each of your pda's. thats all the intel i have stay alert and dont buy a farm we cant afford to lose all that precious money we wasted on your asses. Sergent Major, captain, anything more to add?"

the captain shakes her head. but says "good luck marines." she turnes and walkes out of the briefing area. i look at the major waiting for orders.
 A&A

SimonSez

Looking to his Gunny, Walker moved over to him "rite give them 2 to 3 hours to take in the info we given them and then will head on down..make sure they got there gear checked and set up in the Drop ship.." Walker said as he was off now to talk to the other 2 ships that came with them to see how there end are coming.

Kraven Trollsbane

i turn at once to the rest of the marines and tell them to double check their gear. i watch as they do it. its all done right.

with all the marines packed and ready to go i set them to the task of loading everything on the ship. their gear, spare gear, supplies.

i pick up a crate of M.R.E.s but before i can take a step a hand touches my shoulder. i spin abruptly almost dropping the crate. behind me are the doc and the ships engineer. "a little jumpy gunny" says the engineer. "alert is all." i try to cover with. "sure" she teases me. i scowl at her. the doc tells us to knock it off.

" well i had lisa here check out your cryo pod but it shows to be in good order. and i ran a diagnostic on the scanner and its working so the best i can tell you is that your just an odd case this time. if it happens again on the return trip ill send you to the med center on one of the planets."

"you hear that you weird." lisa says as she gives me a punch on the arm. "what's new." i say.

they both walk off giggling. i go back to loading the ship and wait for the Major to come back.
 A&A

SimonSez

"ALRIGHT MARINES MOVE IT! MOVE IT!" Walker yelled as he was getting them up and going. There APC vehicle came around the corner ready to load every one on board. Walker went in first and strapped in and began to check there Camera system. Waiting till they were on board he looked to his Gunny "every one strapped in?.." he asked wanting to get down on the planet first before the other 2 drop ships do.

Kraven Trollsbane

"locked and loaded Major, we're ready to go." i check over my palm checking the readout of everyone's bio signs. green across the board.

A&A

SimonSez

Walker looked seeing they were all green to go, pressing the Com to the pilot "Pilot were all green go go go" Walker said as taps the driver on the shoulder, the APC moves up into the drop ship and the drop ship door closes and magnetically seals and clamps the doors as well as the APC so it doesn't move from its spot. The crane system began, moving the drop ship into place, the small Assault Cruiser was nearing the planets gravitational pull, suddenly the bay doors open and the drop ship was falling at high speeds and began to descend down towards the planet heading to the colony.

Kraven Trollsbane

the apc rumbled and bucked as the ship dropped into the planets atmosphere. always a bumpy ride. always a nervous feeling. after what felt like an eternity the ship leveled out and began to circle over to the landing pad beside the colony. the descent was slow. i clicked on my com to the flight channel. "are you picking up any com chatter. or unusual readings from the scanners." i asked as a matter of procedure. "no com chatter local or otherwise detected scanned on all frequencies. planetary readings are viably normal. its a little heavy on the O2 though so be ready to be light headed." "thanks Lt" i click off my com. the major had heard so i didnt bother repeating it. we were coming in on final approach anyway.
 A&A