Game of thrones/ A song of ice and fire AU rpg (interest check)

Started by Tamhansen, July 06, 2016, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

After a long sudden hiatus due to personal reasons, I'm itching to get started on something epic.

I would like to run a Game of thrones alternate universe game. One where original characters made by the players, are the focal point of the story. Players would join one (or perhaps several) of the bannerhouses that serve the great houses of Westeros. But perhaps they play a bigger role than expected. Perhaps they'll turn around a dire situation to glorious victory (like house Mormont) or perhaps they'll replace their liege house (like the Freys, or indeed at one point the lannisters)
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

RubySlippers

Oh I have a rulebook for this, snagged it cheap at a garage sale for $2! I like them any special considerations like no magic or must be from a certain region?

Tamhansen

I don't have any character restrictions, as for region, I'd leave that up to the group
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

RubySlippers

Well I would like to play a Woods Witch named Peony after a vibrant sun savoring flower, who is actually a good healer picking up tips from her brother a Maester and from being apprenticed to a proper older woman who also can tell fortunes, do magical rites (okay they look good without magic involved) and craft various talismans and things for money she can sell. But she would be a very good choice if in need of healing and no Maester is around. And she can fit anywhere in the setting. I'm not sure if she will have any gift for prophecy.